PDA

View Full Version : NFL Top 100.......A.J. Green better than Nicks?

Evo'Ed
05-09-2012, 08:26 PM
Really?

Both played 15 games in the season, but Nicks had better stats and we all know what he did in the postseason.

IMO, this is a case of jumping on a hot rookie on a team that surprised and made the playoffs.

gmen0820
05-09-2012, 08:30 PM
Green might surpass everyone but Johnson in a year or two.

I agree though, too early, but what do you expect from a player's list? Accuracy?

Drez
05-09-2012, 08:36 PM

I agree though, too early, but what do you expect from a player's list? Accuracy?
Yeah, these are the same guys that didn't even have Nicks on their list last season.

Neverend
05-09-2012, 08:41 PM
Awful

at this point and time, nicks is the superior route runner and is the more accomplished of the two

gmen0820
05-09-2012, 08:45 PM

Yeah, these are the same guys that didn't even have Nicks on their list last season.
McNabb was on it. Enough said haha.

Drez
05-09-2012, 08:54 PM

Exactly.

Martyr
05-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Green might surpass everyone but Johnson in a year or two. I agree though, too early, but what do you expect from a player's list? Accuracy?
Exactly.
</P>

&amp; Tebow</P>

Neverend
05-09-2012, 08:59 PM
and apparently john khun

Rudyy
05-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Wow...Desean Jackson was ahead of Nicks.

What?

giantsfan420
05-09-2012, 09:15 PM
can anyone list the players 80-71

THE_New_York_Giants
05-09-2012, 09:19 PM
The top 100 players are all extremely close in talent and value to their teams when you think about it. When there are 2500 players in and out of the league on a yearly basis, to be the top 4% is incredible. Sure there have been head scratchers on the list, but to be top 100 means you are a top 3 player on your team or could be top 3 player on another team.

smashndash715
05-09-2012, 09:20 PM
Aj green is good..how about,the fact jordy nelson was ahead of nicks

Drez
05-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Green might surpass everyone but Johnson in a year or two. I agree though, too early, but what do you expect from a player's list? Accuracy?
Exactly.
</p>

&amp; Tebow</p>
I don't believe that Tebow was on last year's list.

giantsfan420
05-09-2012, 09:27 PM
Aj green is good..how about,the fact jordy nelson was ahead of nicks

Jordy Nelson aint better than Nicks, but he did have a MONSTER season last season...

no use sweating it, next season Nicks will cement what a lot of analysts believe, that he is a top 5 or 3 WR

giantsfan420
05-09-2012, 09:34 PM
80. Jordy Nelson - Packers - WR

79. Nnamdi Asoumgha - Eagles - CB

77. AJ Green - Bengals - WR

75. Jason Witten - Cowboys - TE

71. Deasean Jackson - Eagles - WR

All these guys were rated too high imo. Witten and Green, I guess I could see...but ahead of the season Nelson had?? I still don't get the parameters, is it based solely on last seasons play? is it based on what the players think will occur next season?

D-Jackson at 71 is a farce, but it shows how much players respect his game speed...

I'd swapped Nicks with D-Jackson, removed D-Jackson altogether, moved AJ Green to where Nicks was originally, and Nelson to where AJ Green is...but what do I know

barran21
05-09-2012, 09:35 PM
it's Top 20 not 100, the players only voted on 20 players, the NFL network put the rest together.....list=crap...

gmen0820
05-09-2012, 09:42 PM
it's Top 20 not 100, the players only voted on 20 players, the NFL network put the rest together.....list=crap...
Link? Because I'm pretty sure that's not true about NFLN filling in the rest.

giantsfan420
05-09-2012, 09:55 PM

yeah thats not right at all. the players only voted on their top 20 players, that is true.
but the amount of times a player was mentioned and the number he was mentioned at was recorded, charted, than equated into their position on the top 100 list...its not necessarily how the voting is done, its the parameters and how its so vague to the stipulations of why to vote for the players

gmen0820
05-09-2012, 09:58 PM

yeah thats not right at all. the players only voted on their top 20 players, that is true.
but the amount of times a player was mentioned and the number he was mentioned at was recorded, charted, than equated into their position on the top 100 list...its not necessarily how the voting is done, its the parameters and how its so vague to the stipulations of why to vote for the playersYeah it is poorly condoned. I've seen people say anything outside of the top ten is essentially a crap shoot, and simply put, that's the truth.

Most guys on the top 100 -- the majority that is -- are great players, but the final rankings are off I'd say.

buddy33
05-09-2012, 10:04 PM
Who cares? Last year they didn't have Eli in the top 100.

That's how stupid these lists are.

CGYgiant
05-09-2012, 10:07 PM
Who cares? Last year they didn't have Eli in the top 100.

That's how stupid these lists are.

Eli didnt deserve to be on the list last year, just like Josh Freeman doesn't deserve to be on this year.

25 interceptions will do that..

TheEnigma
05-09-2012, 10:23 PM
I think Desean at 71 is more insulting than A.J. Green personally.

He didn't even break the 1000 yard barrier and everyone knows he isn't a complete WR like some of these other guys.

Neverend
05-09-2012, 10:29 PM
I think Desean at 71 is more insulting than A.J. Green personally.

He didn't even break the 1000 yard barrier and everyone knows he isn't a complete WR like some of these other guys.

yeah.. hate to be critical of desean since he is fun to watch (expect against us) when he is on his game but hes a little bit of a one tricky pony

can get deep but thats really it. he struggles mightily against press coverage, hes fast not quick, struggles to separate in the intermediate game, can't win in jump ball situations, and short arms/drops a TON of passes over the middle over his career

but because he is an elite deep threat (if he gets a cushion), that makes him better than nicks?

I don't get it but I guess it shows the value of his playing style. Nicks d***ling plays dont look as "sexy" and sportscenter-worthy as desean jackson's.

TheEnigma
05-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Also, for just the sake of this list, Cruz was the biggest enemy for Nicks.

He stole any thunder that Nicks could of generated with his sensational "out of nowhere" production that he produced during the regular season. He is also a bit more memorable due to his salsa dance while Nicks doesn't really have anything noteworthy like that.

Obviously, I don't know these things for sure but I think it's a safe assumption to make.

nygsb42champs
05-10-2012, 08:10 AM
No way. That is why this list is crazy.

LT_was_good
05-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Also, for just the sake of this list, Cruz was the biggest enemy for Nicks.

He stole any thunder that Nicks could of generated with his sensational "out of nowhere" production that he produced during the regular season. He is also a bit more memorable due to his salsa dance while Nicks doesn't really have anything noteworthy like that.

Obviously, I don't know these things for sure but I think it's a safe assumption to make.

Cruz also had a better statistical season and some unbelievable plays (not that Nicks didn't make big plays). So from a production standpoint, Nicks was only the #2 receiver on the team -- even though he's clearly the #1 and most consider him a better WR than Cruz.

JPP
05-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Wow...Desean Jackson was ahead of Nicks.

What?

This was the one I didn't like, not because he was ahead of Nicks just because he is on the list in the 1st place. If this was a top 100 athletes list I wouldn't say anything but this is a top 100 "Football Players" list. Jackson is not in the top 100 football players he basically only runs deep routes and doesn't seem to be able to catch over the middle, he is a head case who let his contract get in the way of his play.

I still think he is good and one of the most dangerous players on any given play because all it takes is 1 slip up and he is open but as far as being a top wideout and doing it all I don't think he compares to the rest of the WRs on the list.

titwio
05-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Andre or Calvin.

thomsoad
05-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Anyone questioning this obviously has never seen AJ play.

Im not saying he is better BUT to flat out dismiss it is pure ignorance on all your behalf.

AJ is a stud... pure and simple.

Fact is AJ has an inferior QB to Eli and an inferior #2 to Cruz. He has nowhere near the tools Nicks has to help hem. And that was his rookie season! Some of you are just unbelievable.

NoHuddle10
05-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Anyone questioning this obviously has never seen AJ play.

Im not saying he is better BUT to flat out dismiss it is pure ignorance on all your behalf.

AJ is a stud... pure and simple.

Fact is AJ has an inferior QB to Eli and an inferior #2 to Cruz. He has nowhere near the tools Nicks has to help hem. And that was his rookie season! Some of you are just unbelievable.

I love Nicks, but agree with this post 100%. You are spot on sir.

BigBlue1971
05-10-2012, 03:38 PM
the list is a complete fake! no way AJ was better than Nicks in the 2011 season!</P>

Green was practically the only target the bungles qb had to throw to and imo still did not out perform Hakeem!</P>

not only that Nicks prolly had the most explosive post season performance of any receiver EVER. did the list makersnot take those stats into consideration?</P>

its an insult to the Giants that they alsolisted Desean Jackson ahead of Nicks. whatta sham!</P>

</P>

gmen0820
05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Green was practically the only target the bungles qb had to throw to and imo still did not out perform Hakeem!That isn't necessarily going to bode well for a players production.

AJ Green, was for the majority of the year very frequently double covered. Nicks as well, but Nicks hit astronomical level when Cruz started to demand respect as well from defenses. Nicks, like Green was still a very solid producer even while facing a lot of double coverages.

pino
05-10-2012, 04:15 PM
I've never watched the NFL top 100 last year, and I don't plan on watching it ever. The fact that the players choose is dumb because there is going to be bias opinions. They might as well let the fans choose a top 100 so we can vote half the Giants roster in there. Shoot, I vote every Giants representative into the Pro Bowl every year whether I believe they are the best at that position or not. I'm not about to give someone else the extra cash. GIANTS!!

I'd rather they do a coach or scout poll.

DragonSoul
05-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Really?

Both played 15 games in the season, but Nicks had better stats and we all know what he did in the postseason.

IMO, this is a case of jumping on a hot rookie on a team that surprised and made the playoffs.they are players, what do you expect lol