PDA

View Full Version : Was the redskins beating us twice in 2011 a blessing in disguise?

Toadofsteel
05-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Think about it... if we had swept them in 2011 instead of being swept as did happen, the redskins would have been 3-13 instead of 5-11. Then they wouldn't have to cough up 2 first rounders to acquire RG3.

NYGRealityCheck
05-09-2012, 10:22 PM
Victor Cruz was a major blessing in disguise, that's for sure.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-09-2012, 10:43 PM
It really doesn't matter.

giantyankee1976
05-09-2012, 10:52 PM
It really doesn't matter.

agreed.

Our boys got the Lombardi, case closed.

JMFP2
05-10-2012, 02:18 AM
I'm just happy the Giants won't have to face Rex Grossman twice next season. </P>

Captain Chaos
05-10-2012, 05:40 AM
I'm just happy the Giants won't have to face Rex Grossman twice next season.* </P>

However, they will have to face RG3 the rest of his career, I think he will haunt us like Cunningham and McNabb.

giantyankee1976
05-10-2012, 07:52 AM
solve RG3 and they might "solve" Vick.

what I mean is, Defensive scheme and game-planning count for much.

Obviously, a Spy is a beginning. Pressure with results another...

chasjay
05-10-2012, 08:27 AM
The only possible blessing I can see is that it helped create the "win or die" scenario that the team responded to at the end of the season. If we had beaten the Skins and had a little safety net at the end, we might have relaxed and faltered.

That said, I would never prefer to lose. And that goes to the sextillion for the NFCE.

B&RWarrior
05-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I can't see any positives from a QB with RG3's talents going to a division rival that already beat us twice last year with a mediocre squad.

LT_was_good
05-10-2012, 10:02 AM
I can't see any positives from a QB with RG3's talents going to a division rival that already beat us twice last year with a mediocre squad.

While this is true, I think the point the OP was trying to make is that the Redskins would have traded up for RGIII no matter what. In this case, at least his supporting cast could be limited because they had to give up so much to get him.

RonJon
05-10-2012, 10:14 AM
RGIII will become the next Donovan MacNabb, torturing the Giants for years I fear

LT_was_good
05-10-2012, 10:19 AM
RGIII will become the next Donovan MacNabb, torturing the Giants for years I fear

If this also means 0 championships, I can handle it.

Redeyejedi
05-10-2012, 10:41 AM
I cant believe u guys are actually worried about a Skinny legged Air Raid QB.Our DLine will break him in half. He comes from an chuck it up offense where receivers run wide open. He hasnt been able to display any kind of short or intermediate accuracy.He was overdrafted

THE_New_York_Giants
05-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I cant believe u guys are actually worried about a Skinny legged Air Raid QB.Our DLine will break him in half. He comes from an chuck it up offense where receivers run wide open. He hasnt been able to display any kind of short or intermediate accuracy.He was overdrafted
This. The Big 12 is the conference of no defense. Look at the numbers Vince Young, Sam Bradford, and Colt McCoy put up there. RGIII is Vince Young part 2.

jomo
05-10-2012, 11:02 AM
It really doesn't matter.+1

sg92
05-10-2012, 11:11 AM
This. The Big 12 is the conference of no defense. Look at the numbers Vince Young, Sam Bradford, and Colt McCoy put up there. RGIII is Vince Young part 2.

Vince Young is an idiot / ignoramus, and not capable of studying at the NFL level. There may be some validity to the points about the Big 12, but Robert Griffin and Vince Young are worlds apart as people.

Griffin by virtually all accounts is smart, focused, and motivated. I don't think any of those adjectives have ever been used to describe Vince Young.

RagTime Blue
05-10-2012, 12:35 PM

Vince Young is an idiot / ignoramus, and not capable of studying at the NFL level. There may be some validity to the points about the Big 12, but Robert Griffin and Vince Young are worlds apart as people.

Griffin by virtually all accounts is smart, focused, and motivated. I don't think any of those adjectives have ever been used to describe Vince Young.

So he doesn't like the purple drank?

yatitle
05-10-2012, 01:43 PM
I'm just happy the Giants won't have to face Rex Grossman twice next season.* </P>

However, they will have to face RG3 the rest of his career, I think he will haunt us like Cunningham and McNabb.

Agreed. He will haunt us just like those 2 and NEVER win a SB ring.

jimsgints
05-10-2012, 01:49 PM
Yes it indeed woke everyone and anyone involved but I work with washington fans so I have to hear about it all the time. Talk about obnoxious fans.. They are almost as bad as eagle fans. can't wait to kick some butt so they will go away. They're talking playoff now. It's pathetic.

Joe Morrison
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
solve RG3 and they might "solve" Vick.

what I mean is, Defensive scheme and game-planning count for much.

Obviously, a Spy is a beginning. Pressure with results another...
</P>

They already solved Vick bringing the extra guy and making him roll right, they will manhandle the new kid and he better be ready to take a beating before he makes it in the NFL.</P>

Toadofsteel
05-10-2012, 04:38 PM

While this is true, I think the point the OP was trying to make is that the Redskins would have traded up for RGIII no matter what. In this case, at least his supporting cast could be limited because they had to give up so much to get him.

Precisely the point I was going to make. I'm actually not that worried about RG3. As far as I can tell, he's just a younger Vick. I'm just more worried about PF and his inability to stop scrambling QBs with his playbook. If he can fix that (and now with two running QBs in our division, he will pretty much have to in order to keep his job), we will dominate the division.

As it stands, a 3-11 skins team would have picked 3rd. St. Louis wasn't planning on taking a QB (Cleveland wasn't specifically looking for one either), and I don't know what other team would trade the whole freaking house to trade up to 2nd as Washington did. 2012 2nd round, 2013 and 2014 1st rounders. That's some serious stock to be trading. Washington is going to be seriously hurt in the long-term because of it. Unless RG3 turns out to have the same level quarterbacking as Brady, Rodgers, or Eli, this is a major snafu on Snyder's part. And I seriously doubt that Shanahan's staff could develop RG3 the way TC did with Eli.

TL;DR: Snyder's an idiot. Nothing necessarily new there.

pino
05-10-2012, 05:07 PM
I think it's cute that they get excited for beating us twice last year. First time it has happened in god-knows-how-long.

giantsforce
05-10-2012, 05:29 PM
I'm just happy the Giants won't have to face Rex Grossman twice next season. </p>Me too. It seems the Giants can handle the big name QB's, like Brady, Rodgers, with the exception of Brees, but they have big problems with losers like Vince Young, Rex, they guy from Seattle, etc.