PDA

View Full Version : The Andre Brown Question?

B&RWarrior
05-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Is it an automatic that Andre Brown will see playing time this year as the only power back we have?

While I like Wilson's toughness, it's a much different thing to have a 230 lb back coming at you than a tough 200 lb back, and we know Brown isn't shuffling his feet like BJ liked to do on occasion. TC has already said he likes having a power back.

If Brown is a keeper, and I think he is, does that mean that Scott could be on the chopping block?

LT_was_good
05-10-2012, 08:51 AM
With Brown's 4-game suspension, I think he's going to have to REALLY impress in training camp and the pre-season to make the team.

GGTM_1977
05-10-2012, 08:52 AM
NO...it should mean Ware is on the chopping block. Scott is in his second year, Ware has shown nothing over how many seasons? If they were going to give Ware a bigger role......don't you think they would have done so already?

GMENAGAIN
05-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I am not really sure why anyone would think that Andre Brown can do anything for this team. He is a guy that not a single NFL team (including the Giants) thought was worthy of being on their 53 man roster last season. On top of that, he has now been suspended for 4 games.</P>

I will be shocked if he makes the team.</P>

repeatchamps
05-10-2012, 09:44 AM
NO...it should mean Ware is on the chopping block. Scott is in his second year, Ware has shown nothing over how many seasons? If they were going to give Ware a bigger role......don't you think they would have done so already?</P>

Much of our 3rd and 4th backups could always be on the chopping block, however,the Giants 99% of the time go into the season with 4 RB's and 1 FB. Brown is likely to not make the team due to his 4 game suspension. Unless this is the 1% of the time they go with three RB's instead of 4, Ware is virtually a lock to make the team. The only other scenario that gets Ware cutis if a 5th unknown guy (that's not Brown) pushes his way onto the squad by impressing more than Ware doesin camp.</P>

Mercury
05-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Maybe we will see Hynoski or Martinez get some carries as a true change of pace. One could block for the other, or Pascoe could block for one, depending on who all makes the team. (I doubt we keep 2 FBs, but you never know.)

RagTime Blue
05-10-2012, 11:57 AM
I think people make too much of this whole "change of pace" thing. You want good backs, no matter what their style of running.

BeatYale
05-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I think people make too much of this whole "change of pace" thing.* You want good backs, no matter what their style of running.*

Yeah, it's more about fresh legs on the field.

I would rather see the work load shared by two guys who are multi-dimensional out there in the sense that they can be a threat in both the running and passing game.

I'm not a huge fan of the dink and dunk style offense (Saints, Eagles, Patriots etc.), but it does provide a lot of higher percentage throws for the QB. In our case it'll bring back an element to our offense that's been lacking since Tiki's departure.

BigBlue1971
05-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Is it an automatic that Andre Brown will see playing time this year as the only power back we have? While I like Wilson's toughness, it's a much different thing to have a 230 lb back coming at you than a tough 200 lb back, and we know Brown isn't shuffling his feet like BJ liked to do on occasion. TC has already said he likes having a power back. If Brown is a keeper, and I think he is, does that mean that Scott could be on the chopping block?</P>

</P>

Brown may be in deep kimchi with the Giants for the suspension hes on!</P>

that saidScott will be only in his 2nd year and has shown a coupla flashes albeit in preseason.</P>

regardless of Browns situation i think Scott is a keeper for the time being. </P>

besides drafting Wilson may send Brown to the practice squad again or someplace worse!</P>

Kruunch
05-10-2012, 03:23 PM
Is it an automatic that Andre Brown will see playing time this year as the only power back we have?

While I like Wilson's toughness, it's a much different thing to have a 230 lb back coming at you than a tough 200 lb back, and we know Brown isn't shuffling his feet like BJ liked to do on occasion. TC has already said he likes having a power back.

If Brown is a keeper, and I think he is, does that mean that Scott could be on the chopping block?

It's not even automatic he makes the team much less sees playing time.

Remember, he was a practice squad player last year, and has been cut by the team previously. Not to mention coming back from an injury that has ended careers in the past.

myles2424
05-10-2012, 04:51 PM
I like brown better than ware, but his injury history is iffy

DownWitJPP
05-10-2012, 05:06 PM

Brown is far from a power back, and Brown does shuffle his feet...he is a jump/cut runner go look at his style of running

NYGRealityCheck
05-10-2012, 05:12 PM
I'm going to go with the sentiment that Andre Brown is indeed on the chopping block or maybe they'll stash him away on the practice squad again.

RB -depth as of now for certain is...
Bradshaw, D. Wilson as 1,2.

fourth&forever
05-10-2012, 06:09 PM
Ware was their all purpose backup for a while last year. They trust him more than Brown.

Drez
05-10-2012, 08:45 PM
How can you say that? Even with as little as Ware has shown, Brown has shown even less.

I liked Brown when we drafted him, but he just doesn't seem to be the same since the Achilles.

gmen0820
05-10-2012, 08:48 PM
How can you say that? Even with as little as Ware has shown, Brown has shown even less.

I liked Brown when we drafted him, but he just doesn't seem to be the same since the Achilles.
It's only getting stronger. The difference from 2010 preseason to 2011 preseason was huge.

I think I was the only one who said Brown should be cut after the 2010 preseason, but I was upset when he was waived last year. That's just me though.

Drez
05-10-2012, 09:21 PM

It's only getting stronger. The difference from 2010 preseason to 2011 preseason was huge.

I think I was the only one who said Brown should be cut after the 2010 preseason, but I was upset when he was waived last year. That's just me though.
I really hope he does come around. He seemed like a nice all around back. Maybe nothing that he was great at, but could do everything decent enough. Essentially, a nice, reliable 2 or 3 back.

B&RWarrior
05-10-2012, 10:30 PM

Brown is far from a power back, and Brown does shuffle his feet...he is a jump/cut runner go look at his style of running

I just watched the a highlight clip on YouTube. He is shifty but I wouldn't go as far to say he's a jump cut runner. For the most part the guy is a north and worth runner with a lot of power. He does shuffle his feet some though.

giantsfan420
05-10-2012, 11:26 PM
i'm thinking since no ones said it yet, a lot of people are going to be surprised with the power wilson runs with. VT featured getting their RB to the perimeter. Wilson out in space, it was much easier and made more sense to just shake rattle and roll past the defenders.

He has a ton of leg push, he explodes into each and every stride. In the NFL, the defense will be faster, so he wont have the luxury of running by some one all the time. He's shown the ability to get compact, and explode, and knock a defender (LB OR DB) back into next week...

It was one of the things Marc Ross and JR said about Wilson, he has a lot more power than people expect bc of that leg drive. Dude was like an all american hurdle runner or some sort of event that involved jump stepping iirc, i know he was on VT track squad...

When you got all that speed and explosion and leg drive that Wilson does, he gains momentum, not many things are going to knock him back...he'll be doing most of the knocking back of defenders...I'm telling you guys, dont pigeon hole him as merely some speed back, he's got a lot more power than people expect, and some unfortunate DB is going to find that out the hard way

I was pulling for Brown, I like the style he runs with. If I had my way, itd be Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott, and Brown...but that 4 game suspension is going to be tough for the team to look past especially when Ware has shown some value, and is supposedly training his *** off to impress this season...

edit- and another factor to Wilsons game, is he is all heart. may not sound like that makes a difference, but it does, especially when taking on a defender 1v1 head to head

myles2424
05-10-2012, 11:42 PM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......did you not see browns burst & speed in preseason?
I'm not saying he's the better option, but I like him better (excluding him being injury prone)

RagTime Blue
05-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Ware may never be a superstar, but he's reliable enough to not lose the game on his own, and to TC that's more important in a backup than "home-run" potential.

Drez
05-11-2012, 12:34 AM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......did you not see browns burst &amp; speed in preseason?
I'm not saying he's the better option, but I like him better (excluding him being injury prone)
If the coaches saw the same then why was Ware retained and Brown waived and then placed on the PS?

myles2424
05-11-2012, 12:41 AM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......did you not see browns burst & speed in preseason?
If the coaches saw the same then why was Ware retained and Brown waived and then placed on the PS?

Like I said, he's not the better option......guy hasn't stayed healthy since his freshman year & doesn't have actual NFL expirience....
But besides everything else, his running style alone, brown runs alot harder than ware......watching ware with the ball in his hands is depressing....

giantman8493
05-11-2012, 12:46 AM
i'm thinking since no ones said it yet, a lot of people are going to be surprised with the power wilson runs with. VT featured getting their RB to the perimeter. Wilson out in space, it was much easier and made more sense to just shake rattle and roll past the defenders.

He has a ton of leg push, he explodes into each and every stride. In the NFL, the defense will be faster, so he wont have the luxury of running by some one all the time. He's shown the ability to get compact, and explode, and knock a defender (LB OR DB) back into next week...

It was one of the things Marc Ross and JR said about Wilson, he has a lot more power than people expect bc of that leg drive. Dude was like an all american hurdle runner or some sort of event that involved jump stepping iirc, i know he was on VT track squad...

When you got all that speed and explosion and leg drive that Wilson does, he gains momentum, not many things are going to knock him back...he'll be doing most of the knocking back of defenders...I'm telling you guys, dont pigeon hole him as merely some speed back, he's got a lot more power than people expect, and some unfortunate DB is going to find that out the hard way

I was pulling for Brown, I like the style he runs with. If I had my way, itd be Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott, and Brown...but that 4 game suspension is going to be tough for the team to look past especially when Ware has shown some value, and is supposedly training his *** off to impress this season...

edit- and another factor to Wilsons game, is he is all heart. may not sound like that makes a difference, but it does, especially when taking on a defender 1v1 head to headvery true. wilson has strong legs

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 09:30 AM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......<FONT size=4>did you not see browns burst &amp; speed in preseason?</FONT> I'm not saying he's the better option, but I like him better (excluding him being injury prone)</P>

LOL . . . . you do realize that not a single NFL team -- including the Giants -- thought that he was worthy of a spot on their 53 man roster last year, don't you? </P>

gmen0820
05-11-2012, 01:10 PM
LOL . . . . you do realize that not a single NFL team -- including the Giants -- thought that he was worthy of a spot on their 53 man roster last year, don't you?* </P>Because teams see no purpose in micro managing to slightly upgrade the third or fourth RB position.

You act like teams turn over their rosters after preseason cuts. Teams have to worry about getting their roster down to 53, not searching for an upgrade at the third or fourth RB position. LOL, you do realize that, don't you?

myles2424
05-11-2012, 01:21 PM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......<FONT size=4>did you not see browns burst & speed in preseason?</FONT> I'm not saying he's the better option, but I like him better (excluding him being injury prone)</P>

LOL . . . . you do realize that not a single NFL team -- including the Giants -- thought that he was worthy of a spot on their 53 man roster last year, don't you?* </P> you do realize that was %99 of that was due to injury don't you?

gmen0820
05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
you do realize that was %99 of that was due to injury don't you?He wasn't injured last year.

myles2424
05-11-2012, 02:00 PM
you do realize that was %99 of that was due to injury don't you?He wasn't injured last year.
Hints to why the giants brought him back......
His injuries are what made him go in the 4th, he was a 2nd-3rd round talent coming out of college.....injuries are what made us let go of him to begin with.....& we took a chance on brining him back in & seeing if he could come back to %100...
I'm assuming you've never watched him in college & didn't pay much attention to him in preseason......if healthy (which is a huge if) Brown can be a big upgrade over Ware....

gmen0820
05-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Hints to why the giants brought him back......
His injuries are what made him go in the 4th, he was a 2nd-3rd round talent coming out of college.....injuries are what made us let go of him to begin with.....& we took a chance on brining him back in & seeing if he could come back to %100...
I'm assuming you've never watched him in college & didn't pay much attention to him in preseason......if healthy (which is a huge if) Brown can be a big upgrade over Ware....What injury did Brown have last year that led to him being cut, and not being brought in by another team? That is my point.

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......<FONT size=4>did you not see browns burst &amp; speed in preseason?</FONT> I'm not saying he's the better option, but I like him better (excluding him being injury prone)</P>

LOL . . . . you do realize that not a single NFL team -- including the Giants -- thought that he was worthy of a spot on their 53 man roster last year, don't you? </P>

you do realize that was %99 of that was due to injury don't you?</P>

Eh, what injury did he have last year?</P>

If you're talking about his achilles injury from 3 years ago, it may very well be that the achilles injury is why he stinks now . . . . . but I don't really care why he stinks . . . . all I care about is that he stinks.</P>

</P>

myles2424
05-11-2012, 02:44 PM

Ware is lucky to be on the team......<FONT size=4>did you not see browns burst & speed in preseason?</FONT> I'm not saying he's the better option, but I like him better (excluding him being injury prone)</P>

LOL . . . . you do realize that not a single NFL team -- including the Giants -- thought that he was worthy of a spot on their 53 man roster last year, don't you?* </P>

If you're talking about his achilles injury from 3 years ago, it may very well be that the achilles injury is why he stinks now . . . . . but I don't really care why he stinks . . . . all I care about is that he stinks.</P>

* </P> please explain how he stinks

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 02:50 PM

</P>

please explain how he stinks</P>

He stinks because he is not good. </P>

myles2424
05-11-2012, 02:56 PM

LOL . . . . you do realize that not a single NFL team -- including the Giants -- thought that he was worthy of a spot on their 53 man roster last year, don't you?* </P>

</P>

He stinks because he is not good.* </P> what is your opinion based on? He's been hurt & hasn't even got a shot at the field,in preseason he was our best RB other than Scotts 99yrd TD.....

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM

</P>

what is your opinion based on? He's been hurt &amp; hasn't even got a shot at the field,in preseason he was our best RB other than Scotts 99yrd TD.....</P>

My opinion is based upon: (1) I watched him play during the preseason and saw a player who looked very average playing against guys who wereon the bottom of our opponents' rosters; (2)we cut him andhe passed through waivers without a single team making a claim for him; and (3) he spent the entire season on our practice squad, meaning that not a single NFL team thought that he was good enough to be on their 53 man roster. Obviously, no one else in the NFL saw the "burst and speed" that youclaimed to have seen in the preseason. </P>

To expect this guy to be a major contributor is just silly . . . . .</P>

lawl
05-11-2012, 03:31 PM
He'll be lucky to be on a roster this year.

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 03:33 PM
He'll be lucky to be on a roster this year.</P>

Agreed . . . especially in light of the fact that hemust serve a 4 game suspension and has no practice squad eligibility left (I think). </P>

myles2424
05-11-2012, 03:50 PM

</P>

He stinks because he is not good.* </P>

what is your opinion based on? He's been hurt & hasn't even got a shot at the field,in preseason he was our best RB other than Scotts 99yrd TD.....</P>

My opinion is based upon:* (1) I watched him play during the preseason and saw a player who looked very average playing against guys who were*on the bottom of our opponents' rosters; (2)*we cut him and*he passed through waivers without a single team making a claim for him;* and (3) he spent the entire season on our practice squad, meaning that not a single NFL team thought that he was good enough to be on their 53 man roster.* Obviously, no one else in the NFL saw the "burst and speed" that you*claimed to have seen in the preseason.* *</P>

To expect this guy to be a major contributor is just silly . . . . .</P> Well that jerry reese is some amazing guy to bring such a bum back for absolutely no reason .....& my original statement was in preseason he was a better back than ware....not sure where your "expecting him to be major contributor" statement comes from....

Redeyejedi
05-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Andre Browns burst hasnt been the same since his injury.

Redeyejedi
05-11-2012, 04:35 PM

* </P> He was an impressive RB when healthy in college but hasnt regained that form since the Achilles injury. its a shame but it happens

appodictic
05-11-2012, 09:00 PM
The only questions Andre brown is going to have are "What other teams are looking for a 5th string running back"

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM

</P>

what is your opinion based on? He's been hurt &amp; hasn't even got a shot at the field,in preseason he was our best RB other than Scotts 99yrd TD.....</P>

My opinion is based upon: (1) I watched him play during the preseason and saw a player who looked very average playing against guys who wereon the bottom of our opponents' rosters; (2)we cut him andhe passed through waivers without a single team making a claim for him; and (3) he spent the entire season on our practice squad, meaning that not a single NFL team thought that he was good enough to be on their 53 man roster. Obviously, no one else in the NFL saw the "burst and speed" that youclaimed to have seen in the preseason. </P>

Well that jerry reese is some amazing guy to bring such a bum back for absolutely no reason .....&amp; my original statement was in preseason he was a better back than ware....not sure where your "expecting him to be major contributor" statement comes from....</P>

Man you are dumb.</P>

The guy is a practice squad player . . . . enough already</P>

"Did you not see browns burst &amp; speed in preseason?" LOL</P>

JJC7301
05-11-2012, 10:20 PM
Brown won't even make the roster. I'm not even thinking about him.

myles2424
05-12-2012, 03:55 AM

</P>

He stinks because he is not good.* </P>

what is your opinion based on? He's been hurt & hasn't even got a shot at the field,in preseason he was our best RB other than Scotts 99yrd TD.....</P>

My opinion is based upon:* (1) I watched him play during the preseason and saw a player who looked very average playing against guys who were*on the bottom of our opponents' rosters; (2)*we cut him and*he passed through waivers without a single team making a claim for him;* and (3) he spent the entire season on our practice squad, meaning that not a single NFL team thought that he was good enough to be on their 53 man roster.* Obviously, no one else in the NFL saw the "burst and speed" that you*claimed to have seen in the preseason.* *</P>

Well that jerry reese is some amazing guy to bring such a bum back for absolutely no reason .....& my original statement was in preseason he was a better back than ware....not sure where your "expecting him to be major contributor" statement comes from....</P>

Man you are dumb.</P>

"Did you not see browns burst & speed in preseason?"** LOL*</P> I still stand on my opinion , injuries aside, brown is a much better back than Ware......you clown...

GMENAGAIN
05-12-2012, 07:00 AM

</P>

Well that jerry reese is some amazing guy to bring such a bum back for absolutely no reason .....&amp; my original statement was in preseason he was a better back than ware....not sure where your "expecting him to be major contributor" statement comes from....</P>

Man you are dumb.</P>

"Did you not see browns burst &amp; speed in preseason?" LOL</P>

I still stand on my opinion , <FONT size=4>injuries aside</FONT>, brown is a much better back than Ware......you clown...</P>

Injuries aside???? lol</P>

What does that mean? The guy has never been the same since the Achilles injury. So it's your opinion that a guy who never played a down in the NFL before his Achilles injury would have been a better back than Ware if he never had theAchilles injury?? </P>

What a useful opinion!</P>