PDA

View Full Version : Rookie camp Thread

Redeyejedi
05-11-2012, 12:57 PM
Some Tweets Ive seen. Anyone that gets pictures post them

Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo
Adrien Robinson just caught a ball he had no business catching. A dart above his head from like 5 yards away. Got hands up quickly. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen
Rueben Randle makes another nice deep catch over Jayron Hosley on a gorgeous pass from Ryan Perriloux, who has a very strong arm. #NYG

Rueben Randle with a nice leaping sideline catch just now. Had to reach back. Also Jayron Hosley seeing trainers. Doesn't look serious. #nyg

Paul Schwartz ? @NYPost_Schwartz
Giants fans are going to like what they see of WR Rueben Randle, who has already made a few nice catches in his first practice. #nyg

CGYgiant
05-11-2012, 01:01 PM

Adrien Robinson just caught a ball he had no business catching. A dart above his head from like 5 yards away. Got hands up quickly. #nyg

Rueben Randle makes another nice deep catch over Jayron Hosley on a gorgeous pass from Ryan Perriloux, who has a very strong arm. #NYG

Rueben Randle with a nice leaping sideline catch just now. Had to reach back. Also Jayron Hosley seeing trainers. Doesn't look serious. #nyg

Giants fans are going to like what they see of WR Rueben Randle, who has already made a few nice catches in his first practice. #nyg

NYsportzfan is going to be pissed seeing Randles early success lol.

NYGiants2120
05-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Ralph Vacchiano?@TheBlueScreen

Tom Coughlin said all seven draft picks are signed. ... That would include seventh-round DT Markus Kuhn. #NYG

Mike Garafolo?@MikeGarafolo

Coughlin impressed with that catch Robinson made that I tweeted about a little while ago. #nyg

Ralph Vacchiano?@TheBlueScreen

Tom Coughlin was "very impressed" with Rueben Randle during his first practice. He seemed to like TE Adrien Robinson, too. #NYG

Antwuan
05-11-2012, 01:11 PM
Rueben Randle is going to be a stud here with the Giants.

Redeyejedi
05-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Rueben Randle is going to be a stud here with the Giants. Considering the QB play and Run heavy O his production was good. LSU was 112 out of 120 Div 1 teams in Pass attempts per game. U can see the skill set he had. 1 of the most fluid 6'3 route runners ive seen coming into the NFL. Once he gets the O down he will fit right in

titwio
05-11-2012, 02:43 PM
Nice...Just saw Dan LeFevour is trying out. I thought he should of been rated higher coming out a couple years ago.

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 03:52 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/05/giants_rookie_camp_begins_with.html

buddy33
05-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Good point about how bad a passing game LSU had. I think Randle is going to be a good one for the Giants. I'm also glad to hear Robinson is showing his skills already.

Also glad to hear Bing looks good so far. I'm pulling for that guy. He is super fast. That's not everything, but if he can get it all together with his speed they could have a scary secondary.

Will Hill trying out too. This guy was rated the #1 athlete in the country coming out of high school and even played as a true freshman at Florida. Maybe he surprises everyone.

nycsportzfan
05-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Some Tweets Ive seen. Anyone that gets pictures post them Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Adrien Robinson just caught a ball he had no business catching. A dart above his head from like 5 yards away. Got hands up quickly. #nyg Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen Rueben Randle makes another nice deep catch over Jayron Hosley on a gorgeous pass from Ryan Perriloux, who has a very strong arm. #NYG Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Rueben Randle with a nice leaping sideline catch just now. Had to reach back. Also Jayron Hosley seeing trainers. Doesn't look serious. #nyg Paul Schwartz ? @NYPost_Schwartz Giants fans are going to like what they see of WR Rueben Randle, who has already made a few nice catches in his first practice. #nyg

Ya, i'm furious that Randle has done well in his first day of Rookie Mini Camp(sarcasm).. I think now, that i was completely wrong about him(sarcasm)..lol </P>

Nah, but seriously, i obviously am not like u, i actually hope i'm wrong about guys i don't care for when they come to our team, as crazy as that might seem to you...</P>

nycsportzfan
05-11-2012, 06:23 PM
That Damian Davis dude is very intriguing.. I'm not gonna get to excited, as they are going against draft picks and UDF's and Veterans fighting just to make a team, but i watched a highlight tape(yes, a highlight tape.lol), and the guy displayed really good hands, and with that size, and ability to move as well as he does at that size, i can see why the Giants have em here...

Shockeystays08
05-11-2012, 06:34 PM
Some Tweets Ive seen. Anyone that gets pictures post them Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Adrien Robinson just caught a ball he had no business catching. A dart above his head from like 5 yards away. Got hands up quickly. #nyg Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen Rueben Randle makes another nice deep catch over Jayron Hosley on a gorgeous pass from Ryan Perriloux, who has a very strong arm. #NYG Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Rueben Randle with a nice leaping sideline catch just now. Had to reach back. Also Jayron Hosley
seeing trainers. Doesn't look serious. #nyg Paul Schwartz ?
@NYPost_Schwartz Giants fans are going to like what they see
of WR Rueben Randle, who has already made a few nice
catches in his first practice. #nyg

NYsportzfan
is going to be pissed seeing Randles early success lol.

Ya, i'm furious that Randle has done well in his first day
of Rookie Mini Camp(sarcasm)..** I think now, that i was
completely wrong about him(sarcasm)..lol** </P>

Nah, but seriously, i obviously am not like u, i actually hope i'm wrong about guys i don't care for when they come to our team,* as crazy as that might seem to you...</P>

Like you I'm not convinced that RR will be all that but hope I'm wrong. But I'm glad to hear he plays well in shorts and at 6'3 can beat the 5'9 Rookie Holsey.

Redeyejedi
05-12-2012, 05:40 PM

I think Sportzfan would rather be wrong and have Randle be great then be right and have him suck. I hope so at least

Redeyejedi
05-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Randle still has a long way to go. He is zone savvy and heis a good route runner but the Giants Offense is still complicated especially coming from LSU. If he can replicate Manninghams 39 catches 523 yards Id be very happy

titwio
05-12-2012, 05:50 PM
I like Randle but I'm not sure he's the deep threat Mario was...I could be wrong but I don't see him as a deep play kind of guy. He can get deep but I see him more in the intermediate range.

Anyway, reading from what Gilbride has been saying...I'm getting the feeling he wants Jernigan to that deep guy and they may use more 4 receiver sets.

Just a feeling I'm getting.

CGYgiant
05-12-2012, 05:56 PM
Some Tweets Ive seen. Anyone that gets pictures post them Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Adrien Robinson just caught a ball he had no business catching. A dart above his head from like 5 yards away. Got hands up quickly. #nyg Ralph Vacchiano ? @TheBlueScreen Rueben Randle makes another nice deep catch over Jayron Hosley on a gorgeous pass from Ryan Perriloux, who has a very strong arm. #NYG Mike Garafolo ? @MikeGarafolo Rueben Randle with a nice leaping sideline catch just now. Had to reach back. Also Jayron Hosley seeing trainers. Doesn't look serious. #nyg Paul Schwartz ? @NYPost_Schwartz Giants fans are going to like what they see of WR Rueben Randle, who has already made a few nice catches in his first practice. #nyg

Ya, i'm furious that Randle has done well in his first day of Rookie Mini Camp(sarcasm).. I think now, that i was completely wrong about him(sarcasm)..lol </p>

Nah, but seriously, i obviously am not like u, i actually hope i'm wrong about guys i don't care for when they come to our team, as crazy as that might seem to you...</p>

Well I enjoyed the Britt vs Nicks threads you made after they were both drafted, Ill look forward to the Sanu vs Randle, and Curnier Vs Randle threads this year.

Should be fun.

Redeyejedi
05-12-2012, 06:10 PM

Ya, i'm furious that Randle has done well in his first day of Rookie Mini Camp(sarcasm)..** I think now, that i was completely wrong about him(sarcasm)..lol** </p>

Nah, but seriously, i obviously am not like u, i actually hope i'm wrong about guys i don't care for when they come to our team,* as crazy as that might seem to you...</p>

Well I enjoyed the Britt vs Nicks threads you made after they were both drafted, Ill look forward to the Sanu vs Randle, and Curnier Vs Randle threads this year.

Should be fun.
I still think if Britt wasnt such a head case he would be the best WR from that class. When he is focused he rips defenses.
I liked Childs more then Criner but I would of been happy with him as well.

buddy33
05-12-2012, 06:14 PM
Britt looked like he was going to have a moster year before he was injured.

I'm very happy with Nicks, but Britt is a talented WR too. I thinkmReese made the right choice. Nicks is turning out to be a great WR.

Redeyejedi
05-12-2012, 06:23 PM

I'm very happy with Nicks, but Britt is a talented WR too. I thinkmReese made the right choice. Nicks is turning out to be a great WR.Britt is very explosive. He is a head case though.

giantsfan420
05-12-2012, 08:03 PM
I like Randle but I'm not sure he's the deep threat Mario was...I could be wrong but I don't see him as a deep play kind of guy. He can get deep but I see him more in the intermediate range.

Anyway, reading from what Gilbride has been saying...I'm getting the feeling he wants Jernigan to that deep guy and they may use more 4 receiver sets.

Just a feeling I'm getting.

i think he'll be an even better deep threat type of guy for us. with MM, we had to use creativity in the routes to get him deep and seperated, like that wheel route Cruz took over, that was originally MM's route, and MM deep receptions went down dramatically after Cruz took that route over for the most part.

Randle is deceptively fast, and he can use his body, like KG said, and kinda just box people out if need be. Where I think Randle is not like MM is the YAC, MM had some shake to his bake, not saying Randle is a deat weight in that regard, but I doubt we'll see Randle shake a defender and take off 60 yds for a td...

But I also agree Randle seems like a intermediate type guy, but he also is good at that in, the slant, nad drag routes underneath.

and redeye, Randle and KG have said at least, dont know if they are sincere, but they said Randle ran almost all the routes we use here at LSU, its just a matter of the terminology i'd guess...

but yeah i think everyone expects JJ to be a significant deep threat, but he too can work the underneath and over the middle stuff

i think Randle strides similarly to Randy Moss...i know hes not as fast as him, im not a moron, but db's always say it looks like Moss is moving in slow mo, but then they try to turn and run with him and he just burns them with those long strides...Randle strikes me as a long stride type speed, its deceptive, randle ran by college db's like Moss does in the NFL hopefully he can do it to nfl competition like moss

CGYgiant
05-12-2012, 08:34 PM

I'm very happy with Nicks, but Britt is a talented WR too. I thinkmReese made the right choice. Nicks is turning out to be a great WR.Britt is very explosive. He is a head case though.

Britt may be good but he has still yet to do it consistently in the league. Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks are better talents at WR in the draft for sure as they are true professionals in this league and have the talent to back it up.

I remember posting an article about how a lot of scouts considered Britt a primadonna and how I felt we should avoid him in the draft. Being as there are a lot of Rutgers fans here that wasn't taken very well on these boards.

buddy33
05-12-2012, 08:42 PM

Britt may be good but he has still yet to do it consistently in the league. Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks are better talents at WR in the draft for sure as they are true professionals in this league and have the talent to back it up.

I remember posting an article about how a lot of scouts considered Britt a primadonna and how I felt we should avoid him in the draft. Being as there are a lot of Rutgers fans here that wasn't taken very well on these boards.

Oh Britt has his issues, but he has only been in the league for 2 years and he suffered a serious injury which shortened last season. He was on pace for a moster season though.

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 07:50 AM
Britt looked like he was going to have a moster year before he was injured. I'm very happy with Nicks, but Britt is a talented WR too. I thinkmReese made the right choice. Nicks is turning out to be a great WR.Britt is very explosive. He is a head case though. Britts fine, as long as hes healthy... Ya, he did have that off field incidenct, but that isn't whats kept him from being one of the best WR's in the league, its been his health.. Hes increible, and i think he'd of been every bit as good as Nicks, if he could stay healthy, and Britt dosen't have ELI throwing em the ball either, hes had scrubs...

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 07:55 AM

Ya, i'm furious that Randle has done well in his first day of Rookie Mini Camp(sarcasm).. I think now, that i was completely wrong about him(sarcasm)..lol </P>

Nah, but seriously, i obviously am not like u, i actually hope i'm wrong about guys i don't care for when they come to our team, as crazy as that might seem to you...</P>

Should be fun.
What are u talking about? THat was all pre-draft.. I liked Nicks a ton when he came out, just not as much as nicks.. The only ones i didn't like in that class were Robiske, who SLip and i think you both wanted to draft, and Bey and also Harvin.. I coulden't of raved more about the Nicks draft on here, and everyone knows it.. I thought that draft was increbile, even though it hasen't payed off quite like i thought.. But as far as Nicks VS Britt, i liked Britt better, but had no problem at all with Nicks, except i didn't care about the weight thing, but that was small potatoes by draft day.. </P>

This past yr, has been the first yr i didn't love the giants draft in about 4seasons. Just because u discuss players and why u like a guy a bit better, dosen't mean u don't like the other guy..lol I loved Earl Thomas, but was totally fine with JPP(one of the only ones). I loved Akeem Ayers, but was very happy indeed with Prince Amukumura, and so on and so fourth.. By the way, Kenny Britt, Akeem Ayers, and Earl Thomas are all very good NFL players... </P>

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 08:04 AM
Britt looked like he was going to have a moster year before he was injured. I'm very happy with Nicks, but Britt is a talented WR too. I thinkmReese made the right choice. Nicks is turning out to be a great WR.Britt is very explosive. He is a head case though.

Dude, Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks have ELI and Big Ben throwing em the ball, and Britt has had Vince Young and freaking Matt Hasselbeck..lol Still, Britt has been very good.. His one problem has been staying healthy.. If Jake Locker ends up being good and he stays healthy, hes gonna be just as good as any WR in the NFL...</P>

Britt had games of 5catches 136yrd 2tds , 9catches 135yrd 1td, and 3catch 18yrd (he got hurt in this game), before going out for the season last yr.. His Rookie yr he really found his groove the last 7or so games of the yr, and scored a TD in 7of his last 9games he played.. He had a 200yrd game, a 128yrd game, a bunch of 85-89yrd games, and scored 9tds.. What more do u want from the guy? U try to catch passes from Vince Young and matt haselbeck, instead of ELI, and see how u do..lol</P>

I love Hakeem Nicks, if i wasen't such a big UMASS guy, he'd probably be my favorite player, but there is no denying that Kenny Britt is a standout WR, who if healthy, will be in the arguement as TOP handful of WR's in the league... </P>

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 08:09 AM
Britt looked like he was going to have a moster year before he was injured. I'm very happy with Nicks, but Britt is a talented WR too. I thinkmReese made the right choice. Nicks is turning out to be a great WR.Britt is very explosive. He is a head case though.

Oh Britt has his issues, but he has only been in the league for 2 years and he suffered a serious injury which shortened last season. He was on pace for a moster season though. He was on pace to have a yr that would possibly challenge anyones in the NFL.. Oh ya, he did that with Matt Hasselbeck by the way.. THe same Matt Hasselbeck who coulden't even stave off a Rookie for a full season... If kenny Britt stays healthy, hes a 90catch 1300yr 10td type wr.. Oh ya, and hes had no competent WR to take the attention of of him, either.. Now hes got Kendall Wright, which should only help him not be the focal point of defenses attention..</P>

I've always said that the titans remind me of the giants, as far as the way they draft and the players they seem to like.. I really like the way the Titans draft, and think there on the upswing assuming injuries don't derail there season... </P>

nycsportzfan
05-13-2012, 08:32 AM

Dude, Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks have ELI and Big Ben throwing em the ball, and Britt has had Vince Young and freaking Matt Hasselbeck..lol Still, Britt has been very good.. His one problem has been staying healthy.. If Jake Locker ends up being good and he stays healthy, hes gonna be just as good as any WR in the NFL...</P>

Britt had games of 5catches 136yrd 2tds , 9catches 135yrd 1td, and 3catch 18yrd (he got hurt in this game), before going out for the season last yr.. His Rookie yr he really found his groove the last 7or so games of the yr, and scored a TD in 7of his last 9games he played.. He had a 200yrd game, a 128yrd game, a bunch of 85-89yrd games, and scored 9tds.. What more do u want from the guy? U try to catch passes from Vince Young and matt haselbeck, instead of ELI, and see how u do..lol</P>

I love Hakeem Nicks, if i wasen't such a big UMASS guy, he'd probably be my favorite player, but there is no denying that Kenny Britt is a standout WR, who if healthy, will be in the arguement as TOP handful of WR's in the league... </P> By the way, i meant his 2nd yr, he had the 200yrd game, 128yrd game, and a bunch of 85-89yr games, and a TD in 7of his last 9games he played in...

Redeyejedi
05-13-2012, 09:37 AM

Dude,* Mike Wallace and Hakeem Nicks have** ELI and Big Ben throwing em the ball, and Britt has had* Vince Young and freaking Matt Hasselbeck..lol*** Still, Britt has been very good.. His one problem has been staying healthy.. If Jake Locker ends up being good and he stays healthy, hes gonna be just as good as any WR in the NFL...</P>

Britt had games of* 5catches 136yrd 2tds , 9catches 135yrd 1td, and 3catch 18yrd (he got hurt in this game), before going out for the season last yr..** His Rookie yr he really found his groove the last 7or so games of the yr,* and scored a TD in 7of his last 9games he played..** He had a 200yrd game, a 128yrd game, a bunch of 85-89yrd games, and scored 9tds..* What more do u want from the guy?* U try to catch passes from Vince Young and matt haselbeck, instead of ELI, and see how u do..lol</P>

I love Hakeem Nicks, if i wasen't such a big UMASS guy, he'd probably be my favorite player, but there is no denying that Kenny Britt is a standout WR, who if healthy, will be in the arguement as TOP handful of WR's in the league... </P>Yeah I agree with U. I still think Britt could be an elite receiver in the NFL.

Redeyejedi
05-13-2012, 01:58 PM
https://p.twimg.com/AsydaXcCIAEQZAO.jpg

CGYgiant
05-13-2012, 02:54 PM

Ya, i'm furious that Randle has done well in his first day of Rookie Mini Camp(sarcasm).. I think now, that i was completely wrong about him(sarcasm)..lol </p>

Nah, but seriously, i obviously am not like u, i actually hope i'm wrong about guys i don't care for when they come to our team, as crazy as that might seem to you...</p>

Should be fun.
What are u talking about? THat was all pre-draft.. I liked Nicks a ton when he came out, just not as much as nicks.. The only ones i didn't like in that class were Robiske, who SLip and i think you both wanted to draft, and Bey and also Harvin.. I coulden't of raved more about the Nicks draft on here, and everyone knows it.. I thought that draft was increbile, even though it hasen't payed off quite like i thought.. But as far as Nicks VS Britt, i liked Britt better, but had no problem at all with Nicks, except i didn't care about the weight thing, but that was small potatoes by draft day.. </p>

This past yr, has been the first yr i didn't love the giants draft in about 4seasons. Just because u discuss players and why u like a guy a bit better, dosen't mean u don't like the other guy..lol I loved Earl Thomas, but was totally fine with JPP(one of the only ones). I loved Akeem Ayers, but was very happy indeed with Prince Amukumura, and so on and so fourth.. By the way, Kenny Britt, Akeem Ayers, and Earl Thomas are all very good NFL players... </p>

Yeah I admit, I wanted 1.)Robiskie 2.) Nicks 3.)Harvin.

I was wrong but Britt just came across as someone that simply was mature enough and their were various scouting reports that said that. That is probably why JR and co wanted nothing to do with him.

I still think Nicks is a better prospect/player then Britt, he has zero off the field concerns and has turned his potential into production and is arguable the most complete WR from that class. He can do it all.

And what I was saying was although you may have been kind of happy we got Nicks you still had multiple threads the next year comparing the two, so im just curious are you going to do the same with Randle and the other players you wanted at that pick? you blantelty called it a terrible pick and have siad many times that Randle is going to completely bust without him playing a down in the NFL.

Maybe its just annoying to me but lets just wait and see how these guys do before we pass judgement..

nycsportzfan
05-14-2012, 07:28 PM

Should be fun.
What are u talking about? THat was all pre-draft.. I liked Nicks a ton when he came out, just not as much as nicks.. The only ones i didn't like in that class were Robiske, who SLip and i think you both wanted to draft, and Bey and also Harvin.. I coulden't of raved more about the Nicks draft on here, and everyone knows it.. I thought that draft was increbile, even though it hasen't payed off quite like i thought.. But as far as Nicks VS Britt, i liked Britt better, but had no problem at all with Nicks, except i didn't care about the weight thing, but that was small potatoes by draft day.. </P>

This past yr, has been the first yr i didn't love the giants draft in about 4seasons. Just because u discuss players and why u like a guy a bit better, dosen't mean u don't like the other guy..lol I loved Earl Thomas, but was totally fine with JPP(one of the only ones). I loved Akeem Ayers, but was very happy indeed with Prince Amukumura, and so on and so fourth.. By the way, Kenny Britt, Akeem Ayers, and Earl Thomas are all very good NFL players... </P>

Yeah I admit, I wanted 1.)Robiskie 2.) Nicks 3.)Harvin.

I was wrong but Britt just came across as someone that simply was mature enough and their were various scouting reports that said that. That is probably why JR and co wanted nothing to do with him.

I still think Nicks is a better prospect/player then Britt, he has zero off the field concerns and has turned his potential into production and is arguable the most complete WR from that class. He can do it all.

And what I was saying was although you may have been kind of happy we got Nicks you still had multiple threads the next year comparing the two, so im just curious are you going to do the same with Randle and the other players you wanted at that pick? you blantelty called it a terrible pick and have siad many times that Randle is going to completely bust without him playing a down in the NFL.

Maybe its just annoying to me but lets just wait and see how these guys do before we pass judgement..

Ya, but as i told u back then, Harvin had off field issues as well.. THat didn't stop u from liking him, did it? And how do u know Reese wanted nothing to do with britt? Maybe he just liked Nicks alittle bit better.. Its not like they weren't very close prospect wise.. </P>

I could care less whats annoying to u, i don't tell u what to say, when its based on your opinion, so don't tell me... I never compared Nicks and Britt once the season began..lol I compared the 2 many times, as i did others as well, before the draft, but never after... There are way to many things u have to take into consideration if your to do that, like QB, which obviously we have the better passing QB, hands down, and other WR's on the team, which again, we had the better WR's on the team, which takes attention away from other wr's, as u can't double as much, and so on and so fourth.. </P>

What if Mario Manningham dosen't do well in SF, is it because he magically isn't a solid WR anymore, or could it possibly be, he dosen't have a QB who can conssitently give him good oppurtunitys? I think Kenny Britt and Hakeem Nicks are both equally talented WR's, who are in diffrent situations... I think if kenny Britt was on our team, he'd be dynamite, just like he is when hes healthy in Tennesee.. </P>

And just to clarify for u, so u can move on past this strange fasination u have with what i say, i am now a REUBEN RANDLE fan.. Ok?</P>

nycsportzfan
05-14-2012, 07:34 PM

I love Hakeem Nicks, if i wasen't such a big UMASS guy, he'd probably be my favorite player, but there is no denying that Kenny Britt is a standout WR, who if healthy, will be in the arguement as TOP handful of WR's in the league... </P>Yeah I agree with U. I still think Britt could be an elite receiver in the NFL. I think hes all ready shown to be elite, when healthy.. its just a matter of can he stay healthy now that hes seemingly adjusted to the NFL? Shoot, if Jake Locker progresses, i'm almost positive, Britt and Locker combonation with become very leathel, seeing how he proved to be a pretty lethal combonation with the likes of Vince Young and even Matt Hasselbeck..lol I think its more how Jake Locker progresses, as u can't expect WR's to do well, if they have crappy QB play.. How in the world can u catch the ball if the QB can't get u the ball accuretly?lol I happen to think Locker will be decent, and i think Tennesee is well on there way to being a good football team, so i'll guess, we'll be seeing mr.britt with quite a few big recieving games going forward, again if health permits...