PDA

View Full Version : Last season the week after the Rams game Stephen A Smith stated that

AllTuckedUp
05-11-2012, 02:25 PM
"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on!

JMFP2
05-11-2012, 02:44 PM
"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on!

If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season.

B&RWarrior
05-11-2012, 02:52 PM

If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season.

SAS is a basketball guy.

mommy2dylan
05-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Who is Steven A Smith ???

AllTuckedUp
05-11-2012, 02:55 PM

Here is the video

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7000021/new-york-giants-domenik-hixon-tears-acl-again-needs-surgery

JJC7301
05-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Stephen A. Smith is an ***. Can't stand his rants.

There were experts, and NFL players, at the beginning of last year who were saying that Josh Freeman was better than Eli.

When Eli's getting inducted into the HOF in about 15 years, we'll all be laughing at this garbage in hindsight.

gmen46
05-11-2012, 03:23 PM

Well, to be fair, recall that Eli was not playing well at all Game 1 vs Redskins and the first 1 3/4 quarters of Game 2 vs Rams, and Smith made these comments at that time, prematurely.

From that point on it was as if Eli flipped a switch to become the Eli 2011 who set a couple personal career records and led the team to a 2nd SB ring.

GMENAGAIN
05-11-2012, 04:11 PM
You're just now getting mad about something some commentator said at the beginning of last season???

TheBookOfEli
05-11-2012, 04:25 PM
Stephen A Smith should stick to just talking about basketball. And he's not even good at that job.

Sarcasman
05-11-2012, 05:08 PM
You're just now getting mad about something some commentator said at the beginning of last season???

Who has time for this? I'm still pissed about Reese saying that Eli's play could sometimes be skittish.

In 2007.

Kruunch
05-11-2012, 05:16 PM

SAS tends to fall into the Skip Bayless category a lot .... media bites meant to attract attention.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
SAS is kind of an idiot. I've hated him since he went on a rant about Rodman. Rodman was one of my favorite basketball players and he talked too much crap about Rodman. Rodman then said "come say this stuff to my face" and he refused to give him a live interview. SAS is a spineless coward who just loves to talk up a **** storm.

MattMeyerBud
05-14-2012, 08:32 PM

ehhh

typicaly Stephen A Smith actually.

Somebody had a thread after the superbowl of Steven A bashing the Giants saying they should be more like the Jets...

by seasons end he started another rant, stating the complete opposite..

hes a joke

THIRDINF516
05-16-2012, 12:25 PM
Stephen A Smith should stick to just talking about basketball. And he's not even good at that job.

He actually is very good at talking about basketball.

Dont let your hate of him try to convince you that SAS isn't talented and good at what he does.

His comment about Eli was idiotic though.

GreenZone
05-16-2012, 12:41 PM

Who has time for this? I'm still pissed about Reese saying that Eli's play could sometimes be skittish.

In 2007.

Eli's play was sometimes skittish at the time Jerry said it. Whether he should have stated it publicly is certainly debatable.

Prior to that, remember the big thing about Eli's accuracy and how 60% completion rate was a big goal? And remember the difficulty he had throwing in windy Giants stadium?

These were all part of the growth and maturation of an NFL player.

Now, however, personally, I thought Eli looked a little skittish at times...on various SNL skits, that is. He needs to work on his punch line timing. Still, the whole cast of characters around him, like the early teams, also plays a large role in his performance. He had no one to speak of to throw a line to.

Morehead State
05-16-2012, 12:50 PM
"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on! If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season. Well, to be fair, recall that Eli was not playing well at all Game 1 vs Redskins and the first 1 3/4 quarters of Game 2 vs Rams, and Smith made these comments at that time, prematurely. From that point on it was as if Eli flipped a switch to become the Eli 2011 who set a couple personal career records and led the team to a 2nd SB ring.</P>

The first 6 quarters of Eli in 2011 looked even worse than Eli in 2010. It was the secondhalf of the Rams game where he started to turn it around. He then flipped a friggin switch or something and started playing like an elite QB for the rest of 2011.</P>

Steven A's comments were at a time where Eli was playing poorly. He needs to be cut a little slack there.</P>

TuckYou
05-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I thought Bradford outplayed Eli that game, and Bradford has a great future in front of him, but Eli has a great future in front of him too, and already has a pretty damn good past.

Morehead State
05-16-2012, 12:55 PM
I thought Bradford outplayed Eli that game, and Bradford has a great future in front of him, but Eli has a great future in front of him too, and already has a pretty damn good past.</P>

The context of week 2, 2011 is important. SAS didn't have the benefit of what we know now.</P>

MattMeyerBud
05-16-2012, 01:04 PM
"It would be nice if Eli Manning could be in the same breath as Sam Bradford." I usually don't get mad at ridiculous comparisons but that one is just awful! Even before his 2nd ring SAM BRADFORD? Come on! If true, that's possibly the most idiotic comment from anyone about anything related to last season. Well, to be fair, recall that Eli was not playing well at all Game 1 vs Redskins and the first 1 3/4 quarters of Game 2 vs Rams, and Smith made these comments at that time, prematurely. From that point on it was as if Eli flipped a switch to become the Eli 2011 who set a couple personal career records and led the team to a 2nd SB ring.</P>

The first 6 quarters of Eli in 2011 looked even worse than Eli in 2010.* It was the second*half of the Rams game where he started to turn it around.* He then flipped a friggin switch or something and started playing like an elite QB for the rest of 2011.</P>

Steven A's comments were at a time where Eli was playing poorly.* He needs to be cut a little slack there.</P>

here he goes again

MattMeyerBud
05-16-2012, 01:05 PM
I thought Bradford outplayed Eli that game, and Bradford has a great future in front of him, but Eli has a great future in front of him too, and already has a pretty damn good past.</P>

The context of week 2, 2011 is important.* SAS didn't have the benefit of what we know now.</P>

if u didn't know it then, then you didn't know much about football

Morehead State
05-16-2012, 01:06 PM

The context of week 2, 2011 is important. SAS didn't have the benefit of what we know now.</P>

if u didn't know it then, then you didn't know much about football</P>

Didn't know what?</P>

</P>

And if you don't think that Eli improved tremendously last season you don't know much about football either.</P>

MattMeyerBud
05-16-2012, 01:21 PM

The context of week 2, 2011 is important.* SAS didn't have the benefit of what we know now.</P>

Didn't know what?</P>

*</P>

And if you don't think that Eli improved tremendously last season you don't know much about football either.</P>

[{]

its okay pappy, i know its slow today

Morehead State
05-16-2012, 01:23 PM

Didn't know what?</P>

</P>

[{] its okay pappy, i know its slow today</P>

At least the Sox are playing better.</P>

byron
05-16-2012, 01:40 PM

Didn't know what?</P>

</P>

At least the Sox are playing better.</P>best last place team in the AL

TuckYou
05-16-2012, 01:49 PM

Didn't know what?</P>

</P>

best last place team in the AL</P>

Last playoff win, October 2008. :-) But at least they are playing better</P>

Morehead State
05-16-2012, 03:37 PM

Didn't know what?</P>

</P>

best last place team in the AL</P>

Last playoff win, October 2008. :-) But at least they are playing better</P>

</P>

Right now, I'll take what I can get.</P>