PDA

View Full Version : New York Giants WR Rueben Randle appears NFL-ready

Marvelousmik
05-11-2012, 07:25 PM
i know its just the rookie minicamp but i coulnt help but smile after reading this

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8290747a/article/new-york-giants-wr-rueben-randle-appears-nflready?module=HP11_headline_stack

"EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- The New York Giants (http://www.nfl.com/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG)
boasted that Rueben Randle was NFL-ready after they took the LSU
receiver in the second round of the draft, and as the Super Bowl
champions opened rookie minicamp on Friday, he didn't disappoint.

</p><div class="nfl-video-tag nfl-video-small nfl-video-right" id="vid2">

</div>
Randle went high to
catch a pass along the sideline, and later burned third-round draft
choice Jayron Hosley on a "go" pattern in the morning session of
Friday's camp"

myles2424
05-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Nice to hear, idk, is this a good thing for randle? Or a bad thing for Hosley?

gumby742
05-11-2012, 09:34 PM
good ****. made my day

NYGRealityCheck
05-11-2012, 11:39 PM
Nice to hear, idk, is this a good thing for randle? Or a bad thing for Hosley?

I guess there is a reason why one player was drafted in the second round and the other was drafted in the third round.

Hosley and any newly drafted CB for that matter is definitely going to have a learning curve vs. NFL WRs and NFL offensive schemes. The college days are over. Anyway, I'd wait for preseason, when it can get a little bit more serious.

TheAussieGiant
05-12-2012, 01:25 AM
I saw that and was thrilled. Then I also heard that David Wilson has been impressing......then heard how Jayron Hosley is turning heads....

I think everyone is a just a little excited to be adding more talent to the team. Can't wait till the first preseason games to see how these guys go when there is some hitting involved.

SweetZombieJesus
05-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Let's wait until he's burning Webby and T2 in camp. Or even better some other team's players in a real game.

B&RWarrior
05-12-2012, 12:53 PM
Let's wait until he's burning Webby and T2 in camp.* Or even better some other team's players in a real game.

+1
Rookie on rookie is just some one out of the know versus someone out of the know. The real welcome to the league comes in July.

I wouldn't read into the performance of any of the rooks just yet. Especially at WR vs. CB, football is a game of adjustments.

Diamondring
05-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Let's wait until he's burning Webby and T2 in camp. Or even better some other team's players in a real game.
Why even wait? Why we can't talk about it now? I say he is going to be good for the Giants.

Mohann
05-17-2012, 03:08 AM
Why even wait? Why we can't talk about it now? I say he is going to be good for the Giants.

No football conversation allowed because we don't know the future, and also no optimism allowed either.

redbeardxxv
05-17-2012, 05:19 AM
C'mon... I'm assuming Randle starts soon after the season begins. I'm further assuming that the extra attention Nicks/Cruz draw will only help this kid have an impactful rookie season. He's gonna be an upgrade over MM. Our improved line and run game will make his job that much easier. We're easily a top 5 offense. Who's better? GB, NO, and NE? We beat 2 of them last season, one of them twice...... for the Lombardi.

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 09:58 AM
I honestly think we may have gotten 3 1st rounders in the draft. Wilson no doubt has the talents. Randle was their backup option in the 1st round incase the RBs were gone, so they were pleasently surprised he was still available at 63. And Hosely is a scrappy young CB who slipped because of his failed drug test. He should be a baller in a few seasons. Maybe once CWeb is out which unfortunately isnt too far away.

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 10:00 AM
C'mon... I'm assuming Randle starts soon after the season begins. I'm further assuming that the extra attention Nicks/Cruz draw will only help this kid have an impactful rookie season. He's gonna be an upgrade over MM. <U>Our improved line</U> and run game will make his job that much easier. We're easily a top 5 offense. Who's better? GB, NO, and NE? We beat 2 of them last season, one of them twice...... for the Lombardi.</P>

Thats my issue.... How did we improve the line? We took a huge step back last season.</P>

Idkaname
05-17-2012, 10:22 AM
C'mon... I'm assuming Randle starts soon after the season begins. I'm further assuming that the extra attention Nicks/Cruz draw will only help this kid have an impactful rookie season. He's gonna be an upgrade over MM. <U>Our improved line</U> and run game will make his job that much easier. We're easily a top 5 offense. Who's better? GB, NO, and NE? We beat 2 of them last season, one of them twice...... for the Lombardi.</P>

Thats my issue.... How did we improve the line? We took a huge step back last season.</P>
You do realize we were last in rushing...you can only go up!

NYFan221
05-17-2012, 10:40 AM
C'mon... I'm assuming Randle starts soon after the season begins. I'm further assuming that the extra attention Nicks/Cruz draw will only help this kid have an impactful rookie season. He's gonna be an upgrade over MM. <u>Our improved line</u> and run game will make his job that much easier. We're easily a top 5 offense. Who's better? GB, NO, and NE? We beat 2 of them last season, one of them twice...... for the Lombardi.</p>

Thats my issue.... How did we improve the line? We took a huge step back last season.</p>
You do realize we were last in rushing...you can only go up!

plus its another year that all our starters have been playing together, which strengthen their "bond" if you will. And all of our backups have seen some starting time and also have another season under their belts.

Redeyejedi
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM
If he could replace manninghams production from last year Id be thrilled

giantsfan420
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
I honestly think we may have gotten 3 1st rounders in the draft. Wilson no doubt has the talents. Randle was their backup option in the 1st round incase the RBs were gone, so they were pleasently surprised he was still available at 63. And Hosely is a scrappy young CB who slipped because of his failed drug test. He should be a baller in a few seasons. Maybe once CWeb is out which unfortunately isnt too far away.

Thats been my mentality since the rd 3pick...i woulda been stoked with randle in the first...last pick of the second? Its like the other teams want us to be ridiculously stacked. And hosley led ncaa fb two yrs ago with 11 or something ints, and last year nobody challenged him...

Great value n talent the three first picks, but whats even sicker is that all three players should contribute day one

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 04:04 PM

You do realize we were last in rushing...you can only go up!</P>

Ok, well what did we do to prevent that from happening again? We replaced Jacobs with Wilson, but that isnt the oline. Who is our RT? Brewer? Diehl? Boothe is better at center as far as run blocking goes, but we know Baas will be at C. Snee took a major step back after we lost Seubert and OHara. </P>

G.I. Ants
05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
MM82 took a while to improve his route running. If RR82 runs crisp routes, he would benefit greatly with Eli throwing to him.

Diamondring
05-17-2012, 05:05 PM

You do realize we were last in rushing...you can only go up!</P>

Ok, well what did we do to prevent that from happening again? We replaced Jacobs with Wilson, but that isnt the oline. Who is our RT? Brewer? Diehl? Boothe is better at center as far as run blocking goes, but we know Baas will be at C. Snee took a major step back after we lost Seubert and OHara. </P>I think that it wasn't the O-line's fault all of the time that they had problems last year.
Like I have said in the past, there are only five main blockers. We don't hardly have any good extra blockers like tes or rbs except for maybe BJ who we know is now with the 49ers.