PDA

View Full Version : WHY WE CAN"T REPEAT

jints1964
05-11-2012, 09:38 PM
This is a new one. One of the fairly new talking (and bald) heads on the nfl channel, came up with this one, NO ONE IS BEING FIRED. He's of course referring to Coughlin and probably Kilbride. He figures that's what inspires our team to greatness. He then went on about how it's the eagles year. Maclin is beyond great, you can forget about those guys Nicks and Cruz. Also, the pass rush is almost useless aganist a guy like Vick(that's as long as they don't continue to break parts of him), and their defense ended up ranked 8th ,emphasis is on the word ended.
If you thought they were a dream team last year you won't believe it this year. So we either demand our coaching staff be fired or we just forfeit our games. Well fellow fans we haven't a chance. Btw how long would we and the Giant's front office have accepted Andy Reid's performance all these years. And they pay this guy for his insightful analysis.

KidA
05-11-2012, 09:42 PM
So we can't win next year because we still have the guys we won with this year?

Great theory.

TheBookOfEli
05-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah i saw that. It was Heath Evans on NFL network who said all the bullcrap.

I guess the guy is still butt hurt about Superbowl 42.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-11-2012, 09:53 PM
This is a new one. One of the fairly new talking (and bald) heads on the nfl channel, came up with this one, NO ONE IS BEING FIRED. He's of course referring to Coughlin and probably Kilbride. He figures that's what inspires our team to greatness. He then went on about how it's the eagles year. Maclin is beyond great, you can forget about those guys Nicks and Cruz. Also, the pass rush is almost useless aganist a guy like Vick(that's as long as they don't continue to break parts of him), and their defense ended up ranked 8th ,emphasis is on the word ended.
If you thought they were a dream team last year you won't believe it this year. So we either demand our coaching staff be fired or we just forfeit our games. Well fellow fans we haven't a chance. Btw how long would we and the Giant's front office have accepted Andy Reid's performance all these years. And they pay this guy for his insightful analysis.

This makes a lot of sense actually. Of all the reasons to not repeat, this is the number one issue. Whoever came up with this is the smartest human being on the face of the planet and needs to be awarded with a Nobel Prize. /red

fizzlestick
05-11-2012, 09:59 PM
We can't repeat this year because the chances of 3peating are insanely low and everyone in NY would probably agree they would rather a win in 2014 than this season.

myles2424
05-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I predict a minimum 8-peat...

Toadofsteel
05-11-2012, 11:30 PM
I'd love a 3-peat personally... First the pats in 2012, then beating Peyton and the Broncos in 2013 (in new orleans, no less), and then beating the Jets in 2014 (in GIANTS stadium). If that happened, I could die a happy man...

And don't get so caught up abuot drafting late in the round either... the talking heads on nfl network said that the Giants and the Pats were the most effective in the draft this year...

THE_New_York_Giants
05-11-2012, 11:33 PM
I'd love a 3-peat personally... First the pats in 2012, then beating Peyton and the Broncos in 2013 (in new orleans, no less), and then beating the Jets in 2014 (in GIANTS stadium). If that happened, I could die a happy man...

And don't get so caught up abuot drafting late in the round either... the talking heads on nfl network said that the Giants and the Pats were the most effective in the draft this year...

If that happened, I might kill myself just because life could never get better.

Toadofsteel
05-11-2012, 11:41 PM
There's only one downside... in the lead up to the super bowl the only song you'd be hearing on any radio or tv outlet in 2014 in such a situation would be Empire State of Mind...

THE_New_York_Giants
05-11-2012, 11:54 PM
There's only one downside... in the lead up to the super bowl the only song you'd be hearing on any radio or tv outlet in 2014 in such a situation would be Empire State of Mind...

Or city of blinding lights...

TheAussieGiant
05-12-2012, 12:22 AM
Why would people prefer to win in 2014 over 2013?

Toadofsteel
05-12-2012, 12:51 AM
Why would people prefer to win in 2014 over 2013?

Because we'd be able to win the SB in the meadowlands, and in so doing stick it to the jets... :P

Not to mention being the first NFL team to win a SB in their home stadium.

OsiStrahan#1combo
05-12-2012, 04:19 AM

Lol... u think the jets are going to make the superbowl?

Captain Chaos
05-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Didn't they say the same thing last year and didn't they pick the Eagles to win last year as well. These guys can only guess...

BlueBlooded1979
05-12-2012, 07:43 AM

This was originally stated by Jamie Dukes who is half an idiot.
It was repeated by Heath Evans who is 100% idiot and 100% NYG/Eli hater. He slobbers all over the Pats/Saints and Eagles and gets very angry when people disagree with him (or have no idea who he is). Michael Irvin is less biased.
He is the worst analyst on the NFL Network by a mile. I heard him talking and thought ESPN was on.

NJGIANTinNC
05-12-2012, 08:41 AM
I predict a minimum 8-peat...

THIS ^ X2

Manstache
05-12-2012, 09:29 AM
I predict a minimum 8-peat...whoa whoa whoa bruh. smh.....lets all be honest, straight shooters here. an 8peat????cmon now, at least be a little realistic about this team, its front office, and coaches. a 5peat is more reasonable and attainable.

SweetZombieJesus
05-12-2012, 09:37 AM
http://www.islaamthewayoflife.com/did%20u%20know2.jpg

No 5-in-a-row dynasties in the NFL like we've seen in other sports.

The best the NFL has seen is a 3-peat, done twice -- by the 1929-1930-1931 Packers and the 1965-1966-1967 Packers.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-12-2012, 09:47 AM
I predict a minimum 8-peat...whoa whoa whoa bruh. smh.....lets all be honest, straight shooters here. an 8peat????cmon now, at least be a little realistic about this team, its front office, and coaches. a 5peat is more reasonable and attainable.

If we want reasonable, a 283 peat is more like it.

TuckYou
05-13-2012, 10:09 AM
Heath Evens is a straight up ******clown. He hates the Giants at an unbelievable level.</P>

</P>

Diamondring
05-13-2012, 10:23 AM
Well we can't get mad to the simple fact that the Giants didn't repeat in the past. Yet Giants may be overdue to repeat though.

allentown PA
05-13-2012, 11:41 AM
I heard Jamie Dukes nickname when he played was "old warm jaws"

RoanokeFan
05-13-2012, 12:23 PM
I think we learned a valuable lesson last year when we were picked, far and wide, to finish no better than third in the division and were something like an 80-1 shot at the Super Bowl.

It's funny how things work out sometimes. But now is not the time to rest on past accomplishments. Our regular season was a roller coaster ride that could easily have ended with us out of the playoffs.

We got it all together in time for the playoffs and TAT is the wave we need to get back up on in training camp.

Giants10Joe
05-13-2012, 04:03 PM
Well if the talking heads say we can't win unless we're calling for Coughlin to lose his job, let me just say...

FIRE COUGHLIN!!!! HE'S A BUM!!!! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!!!! MY NEIGHBOR'S DOG WOULD BE A BETTER COACH THAN HIM!! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON ELI!!!!!

That aught to do the trick. Super Bowl XLVII here we come.

JimC
05-14-2012, 08:02 AM
Well if the talking heads say we can't win unless we're calling for Coughlin to lose his job, let me just say...

FIRE COUGHLIN!!!! HE'S A BUM!!!! HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING!!!! MY NEIGHBOR'S DOG WOULD BE A BETTER COACH THAN HIM!! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON ELI!!!!!

<font color="#FF0000">Let me help here. TC couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Why can't we get a coach like Andy Reid? Where the hell is Cower? If I see a delayed draw one more time I'm gonna scream! Is Fassel available for OC?</font>

Toadofsteel
05-14-2012, 01:30 PM

<font color="#FF0000">Let me help here. TC couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. Why can't we get a coach like Andy Reid? Where the hell is Cower? If I see a delayed draw one more time I'm gonna scream! Is Fassel available for OC?</font>

<font color="red">Hey Rex, we could use your help!</font>

jakegibbs
05-14-2012, 02:40 PM

The #1 reason is the 2012 schedule. Very tough & could even miss the playoffs. If the Giants get in then give them an equal to better shot because they should have played every team in the playoffs in the regular season & we alreadly know how that turns out. Been there done that twice now in recent history.

jakegibbs
05-14-2012, 02:40 PM

The #1 reason is the 2012 schedule. Very tough & could even miss the playoffs. If the Giants get in then give them an equal to better shot because they should have played every team in the playoffs in the regular season & we alreadly know how that turns out. Been there done that twice now in recent history.

jomo
05-14-2012, 02:59 PM
So we can't win next year because we still have the guys we won with this year?*

Great theory.

That is pretty much a Yogi Berra type comment..........like "no one goes to that restaurant anymore because it's too crowded."

Brains are not one of the dominant attributes within most of the media.

Toadofsteel
05-14-2012, 03:16 PM

The #1 reason is the 2012 schedule. Very tough &amp; could even miss the playoffs. If the Giants get in then give them an equal to better shot because they should have played every team in the playoffs in the regular season &amp; we alreadly know how that turns out. Been there done that twice now in recent history.

Exactly. It will be very tough to even make it into the playoffs. But if we do, we'll have the stuff to go all the way.

Also, remember that in our division, there's only two teams that are different in our schedule compared to our divisional rivals. Instead of GB and SF, Philly will take on the Cardinals and Lions, Dallas will get the Seahawks and Bears, and Washington will get Rams and Vikings. All other teams the rest of the division plays will be the same. Plus, two of those three teams will have to play the Saints in the Superdome, while we get to stay in the meadowlands for that.

G-Man67
05-14-2012, 03:35 PM
hey what could be better than coming off a Super Bowl victory and 2 in 4 years and still get to play the us vs. the world card

i fully encourage people to tell the G-Men they can't do this or that

Manstache
05-16-2012, 06:42 PM
http://www.islaamthewayoflife.com/did%20u%20know2.jpg

No 5-in-a-row dynasties in the NFL like we've seen in other sports.

The best the NFL has seen is a 3-peat, done twice -- by the 1929-1930-1931 Packers and the 1965-1966-1967 Packers.
SARCASM anyone? sheesh. smh......

Manstache
05-16-2012, 06:42 PM

If we want reasonable, a 283 peat is more like it.SARCASM anyone? sheesh. smh.....