PDA

View Full Version : It's the eagles division

appodictic
05-12-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/09000d5d82909600/Evans-NFC-East-is-Eagles-division?module=HP11_content_stream

This sounds just like the beginning of last season....So now I really cant wait for this season to start!

BYW maybe we only play good when someone is about to get fired....but then we play good and win championships....The eagles only play good when they are mathematically out of the race.

buddy33
05-12-2012, 12:27 PM
I don't like all the hype they are getting, but he are a very good team and they have the Giants number. It was great to beat them once last year, but that was once since 2008 I think and then they lost the next time they played.

They are talented and the did do well in the draft.

I think the Giants probably have even more talent but like I said, the Eagles just seem to have the Giants number.

SweetZombieJesus
05-12-2012, 12:30 PM
<font size="5">MAY CHAMPIONS</font> 5 YEARS IN A ROW

BTW Heath Evans, nobody was getting fired in 2008 when they went 12-4 and won the division.

TuckYou
05-12-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't like all the hype they are getting, but he are a very good team and they have the Giants number. It was great to beat them once last year, but that was once since 2008 I think and then they lost the next time they played.

I think the Giants probably have even more talent but like I said, the Eagles just seem to have the Giants number.

I still can't believe Vince Young beat us after 3 ints. We went limp base prevent d on that last drive and young ate it up. That's more of a Fewell issue though. He let's off the gas in situations like that.

buddy33
05-12-2012, 05:12 PM

I still can't believe Vince Young beat us after 3 ints. We went limp base prevent d on that last drive and young ate it up. That's more of a Fewell issue though. He let's off the gas in situations like that.

Yeah and how many points did they score off of those 3 ints?

They lose as a team and the offense was just as much to blame if not more to blame.

RonJon
05-14-2012, 01:38 PM
Amazing that they let him eat up almost the whole 4th quarter just after tying the game. Converted about 6 3rd downs on that drive

egyptian420
05-14-2012, 01:44 PM

They lose as a team and the offense was just as much to blame if not more to blame.
I was at that game and let me tell you....the defense did Everything in their hands to win us that game....our offense was non existent

TrueBlue10
05-14-2012, 01:58 PM
The sad state of modern journalism is to merely say something over and over again, never admitting being wrong, until it is finally true.... it can years, they don't care.

JJC7301
05-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I love it. Can a defending SB champ actually fly under the radar?

jakegibbs
05-14-2012, 02:34 PM

I was at that game and let me tell you....the defense did Everything in their hands to win us that game....our offense was non existent

The game was over on the 4th down if the refs had called in the grasp like they should have when on one of the series before they called ruffing the passer when take VY to the turf.

The rookie didn't know whether to let him go or take him to the ground. He let him go hence VY ran for the 1st down end of story.

barran21
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM

BTW Heath Evans, nobody was getting fired in 2008 when they went 12-4 and won the division.

Evans is still bitter, he was on the Pats when we stopped perfection...

jomo
05-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I love it. Can a defending SB champ actually fly under the radar?Aparently

dezzzR
05-14-2012, 03:11 PM

Must be a record. Is that considered a dynasty??

G-Man67
05-14-2012, 03:44 PM
listen Vick, McCoy and Jackson are as scary as scary can be

and despite the criticism they got for running a funky wide 9 D coordinated by a coach with an offensive background ... ultimately, their D stats werent horrible

but their major problem is that Vick will get hit and hit and hit b/c of the style he plays and they will have to play 4 games with a backup QB ... if they go 2-2 they'll be fine, but if they go 1-3 or 0-4 or if the injury occurs right before the playoffs ... well it will be another year without a Super Bowl in Philly

and finally, like every team has to deal with ... to win it all ... they will have to deal with most of the following teams ... GB, SF, NYG, DALLAS, SAINTS and then the best AFC team

jomo
05-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Are the champions of August aka the Cowboys in a different category because they have been chosen by the media about 10 of the past 10 years.

GMAN8625
05-14-2012, 03:58 PM
<font color="#FF0000">It's their division</font>, but it's our league!

JJC7301
05-14-2012, 11:15 PM
<font color="#FF0000">It's their division</font>, but it's our league!

The Eagles and 'boys can have the division. We settle for trophies.

easterbeast
05-15-2012, 12:24 PM
it seems they pick the eagles every year......and yet they fail.
its nice

galaxy10
05-15-2012, 01:22 PM
We only play well when someone is about to get fired, that is the most ridiculous thing that I ever heard. Are you kidding me? Where do they get this stuff, the Giant players must have many laughs over this stuff, no wonder they don't like talking to the media. I wonder what these media people get paid? I should apply.

dave56dj
05-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Seems like it would be better if we left the cowboys out of our "rings" argument - since they do have more. Fortunately not for a while though.

Redeyejedi
05-15-2012, 02:37 PM
The Eagles have a lot of talent the problem is Michael Vick. He will never be healthy or consistently good enough to win 3 or 4 games against good teams in the playoffs

giantsfan420
05-15-2012, 03:04 PM
The Eagles have a lot of talent the problem is Michael Vick. He will never be healthy or consistently good enough to win 3 or 4 games against good teams in the playoffs

Imho, vick is the most overrated player in sports. He cant make a anticipation throws, struggles to read defenses, can only make certain throws despite having an arm capable of making every pass...
his best feature is his legs, and at the qb position, that isnt a good thing...vicks exciting to watch, and can def get into some great play, but he isnt consistent, never plays all season, and i believe hes never led a team to back to back winning seasons...

GiantPride27
05-15-2012, 03:20 PM

all ive heard is its Eagles then Cowboys then Giants

its ganna be fun to watch the giants take the division.

Plus We have the trump card - Eli Manning

Eli is a superior quarterback. Romo and Vick have nothing on him. Hes a gamer and threw thick and thin he steps up. the other two disappear and talk alot.

I am extremely confident going into this season.. more so than i have been in a long time

sligoker
05-15-2012, 03:52 PM
Not to worry. There is no way Vick lasts a season.

G-Man67
05-15-2012, 04:27 PM
We only play well when someone is about to get fired, that is the most ridiculous thing that I ever heard. Are you kidding me? Where do they get this stuff, the Giant players must have many laughs over this stuff, no wonder they don't like talking to the media. I wonder what these media people get paid? I should apply.
</P>

yeah that is some crazy stuff ... i can just see our players tossing and turning at night having nightmares about a coach or 2 getting fired if they don't play better

injuries seems to influenceour record more than anything else</P>

sharick88
05-15-2012, 04:37 PM

Heath Evans is one of the worst ANALysts on TV. He makes Merrill Hoge look like Einstein.

bigjeep
05-15-2012, 07:41 PM
Amazing that they let him eat up almost the whole 4th quarter just after tying the game. Converted about 6 3rd downs on that drive

Water over the dam!

bigjeep
05-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Eli is a superior quarterback. Romo and Vick have nothing on him. Hes a gamer and threw thick and thin he steps up. the other two disappear and talk alot.

I am extremely confident going into this season.. more so than i have been in a long time

Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFL today. He proved it in the San Fran game. Took the worst beating I ever saw a QB take, and didn't flinch! Just amazing. We got the better Manning. If he plays at the same level next year, the Championship is in the bag!

greenca190
05-15-2012, 07:54 PM

Every time I see your sig I always think of how much of a ***** Plaxico looks like.

miked1958
05-15-2012, 08:15 PM

Lol

miked1958
05-15-2012, 08:16 PM

Eli Manning is the best QB in the NFL today. He proved it in the San Fran game. Took the worst beating I ever saw a QB take, and didn't flinch! Just amazing. We got the better Manning. If he plays at the same level next year, the Championship is in the bag!Agreed

miked1958
05-15-2012, 08:17 PM
I love it. Can a defending SB champ actually fly under the radar?AparentlyI tell ya, we just can't get no respect!! But really it's better that way

miked1958
05-15-2012, 08:19 PM
it seems they pick the eagles every year......and yet they fail.
its nice
Guess they figure they will get it right one of these yrs. prob think if they don't pick them that will be the year they do it

miked1958
05-15-2012, 08:20 PM
Seems like it would be better if we left the cowboys out of our "rings" argument - since they do have more. Fortunately not for a while though.
Not if we get one more they won't. And we have plax to thank for not maybe having tied them already

JMFP2
05-15-2012, 10:53 PM
I love it. Can a defending SB champ actually fly under the radar?Aparently all ive heard is its Eagles then Cowboys then Giants its ganna be fun to watch the giants take the division. Plus We have the trump card - Eli Manning Eli is a superior quarterback. Romo and Vick have nothing on him. Hes a gamer and threw thick and thin he steps up. the other two disappear and talk alot. I am extremely confident going into this season.. more so than i have been in a long time</P>

So true about Eli....he was a Made Man after his 1st SB MVPas far as I was concerned. </P>

But now, after winning his 2nd SB MVP.....The Dude Abides. The Giants have to feel like they can beat anyone, anytime, as long as Eli is on the field.</P>

</P>

</P>

giantsfan420
05-15-2012, 11:47 PM
I love it. Can a defending SB champ actually fly under the radar?Aparently all ive heard is its Eagles then Cowboys then Giants its ganna be fun to watch the giants take the division. Plus We have the trump card - Eli Manning Eli is a superior quarterback. Romo and Vick have nothing on him. Hes a gamer and threw thick and thin he steps up. the other two disappear and talk alot. I am extremely confident going into this season.. more so than i have been in a long time</P>

So true about Eli....he was a Made Man after his 1st SB MVP*as far as I was concerned.* </P>

But now, after winning his 2nd SB MVP.....The Dude Abides.** The Giants have to feel like they can beat anyone, anytime, as long as Eli is on the field.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

What makes us so good and tough is that its not only the feel they can win any game with eli, its that they KNOW it. We have a certain justified confidence that can elevate teams to a dominant level. For mich of 08 pre plex incident, we displayed that. Gb displayed that this season, and next season we will too. KNOWING ur team is capable of the best trumps opposing teams BELIEVING they could...

JMFP2
05-15-2012, 11:51 PM

So true about Eli....he was a Made Man after his 1st SB MVPas far as I was concerned. </P>

But now, after winning his 2nd SB MVP.....The Dude Abides. The Giants have to feel like they can beat anyone, anytime, as long as Eli is on the field.</P>

</P>

</P>

What makes us so good and tough is that its not only the feel they can win any game with eli, its that they KNOW it. We have a certain justified confidence that can elevate teams to a dominant level. For mich of 08 pre plex incident, we displayed that. Gb displayed that this season, and next season we will too. KNOWING ur team is capable of the best trumps opposing teams BELIEVING they could...</P>

</P>

I agree 100%.</P>

I'm not going to compare Montana and Eli.....but with Montana, the 49ers just knew they could win. I think there is a similar confidence brewing with the Giants and Eli.</P>

Case in point.....toward the end of the season, the similarities between the 2011 and 2007 Giants were growing....players had a growing sense of confidence that they could make the same sort of run in 2011 that they did in 2007.</P>

GiantPride27
05-16-2012, 11:27 AM

So true about Eli....he was a Made Man after his 1st SB MVP*as far as I was concerned.* </P>

But now, after winning his 2nd SB MVP.....The Dude Abides.** The Giants have to feel like they can beat anyone, anytime, as long as Eli is on the field.</P>

*</P>

*</P>

What makes us so good and tough is that its not only the feel they can win any game with eli, its that they KNOW it. We have a certain justified confidence that can elevate teams to a dominant level. For mich of 08 pre plex incident, we displayed that. Gb displayed that this season, and next season we will too. KNOWING ur team is capable of the best trumps opposing teams BELIEVING they could...

Exactly. You hear People talk about how eli looks like a goof and doesnt care. and thoser people are crazy

Every one of his teammates praises him and it shows that they feel like hes ganna make the play for them when they need it. the team has so much confidence in the kid and with good reason