PDA

View Full Version : Interesting lineup of undrafted players

jomo
05-13-2012, 09:41 AM
We seem to have a bunch of guys with intriguing potention in camp right now. I am not talking so much about our draft choices but more about our undrafted rookie free agents and walk ons. We have more guys with "unresolved issues" than usual but with corresponding upside. If one or two of them live up to their potential and keep the screws tightened we could be loaded this year.</P>

Although drafted, I would also include Kuhn as an intriguing player, a little older than most but should be more mature, not much experience but a real physical specimen...........and we got him so low in the draft he's a great roll of the dice IMO.</P>

NorwoodBlue
05-13-2012, 09:00 PM
Our recent history with UFA has been nothing short of remarkable, and it does sound like they've found some potential talent again, at least Coughlin and some of the assistant coaches like what they've seen so far. You're not going to find a Cruz very often; but a couple more Hynoski, Paysinger, or Herzlich type players would help the team, especially on special teams.

Add all that to what looks like a very solid draft group, and it should make the team better for years. Randle is exciting now, Wilson has big play potential, and Hosley might be a good nickel back right off. The rest of the guys might need a year or two to develop; but they seem to be very solid picks. The seventh round DT should be interesting to watch, even if he doesn't make the team; his story is interesting.

Pakman
05-13-2012, 09:06 PM
I really like Martineck and Janzen Jackson from the UDFA.

I hope they both make the team. I didn't see Martineck blocks skills in his video on YouTube. They had a few blocking plays on it, but most of it was him catching/running with the ball.

I like Hynoski as a blocking fullback, but the competition at fullback is going to be fun to watch this summer.

JJC7301
05-14-2012, 11:25 PM
We seem to have a bunch of guys with intriguing potention in camp right now. I am not talking so much about our draft choices but more about our undrafted rookie free agents and walk ons. We have more guys with "unresolved issues" than usual but with corresponding upside. If one or two of them live up to their potential and keep the screws tightened we could be loaded this year.</P>

Although drafted, I would also include Kuhn as an intriguing player, a little older than most but should be more mature, not much experience but a real physical specimen...........and we got him so low in the draft he's a great roll of the dice IMO.</P>
The Giants FO seems to do such a great job with UDFA's that I'm almost as excited these days to see which ones we bring on as I am for draft day. Almost.

buddy33
05-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Well two guys from RU are very interesting. Bing was on the practice squad last year and so far has impressed the coaches. Maybe he will never be more than a practice squad player. Or, maybe with a year on the practice squad he is ready to make the next step. If he makes the regular squad he may also be the fastest guy on the team. Then there is Martinek. He can play multiple positions, is a hard worker, good character guy, good blocker, good at catching the ball, and has some decent speed.

Then there is Will Hill. A guy with all the talent in the world. Maybe he just needed to grow up. He is still very young so maybe not getting drafted last year after declaring for the draft following his Junior season at Florida humbled him. He has skills for sure. Hopefully he works hard and we can one day see him use them for the Giants.

nygsb42champs
05-15-2012, 08:07 AM
I am surprised that we have so many players that have had "issues" in there college days.