PDA

View Full Version : Why haven't we resigned Grant?

dayeh33
05-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Ever since he became a Giant he's been a vocal leader, consistent and always did his job.. especially in the playoff run. I understand he's not young but why didn't we resign him?

gmen0820
05-13-2012, 01:45 PM
He pondered retirement last year, but he came back. I think he retires, and he and the team know it.

DVision
05-13-2012, 01:59 PM
I to think he's gonna retire. He came back to the Giants last season because he said he felt they had unfinished business. They finished it! And at this point in his career there is no better way to go out!

One thing about Grant though is he's been durable throughout his career. Has he ever missed a game due to injury?

Giant stuck in Texas
05-13-2012, 02:18 PM
If I'm not mistaken, Wilson is already wearing #34.

BigBlue1971
05-13-2012, 02:26 PM
i loved Deon and what he brought to the Giants. </P>

but i think Deon is done. </P>

he got his ring the ultimate goal of any nfl player so he can retire with that glory!</P>

Drez
05-13-2012, 04:45 PM

Wilson was originally assigned 34, but has since took 22.

jomo
05-13-2012, 08:15 PM
If you are not changing you are moving backward. Love Grant but we need to get better everywhere and Safety is on of those spots.

NYGinIN
05-13-2012, 09:05 PM

Really?! Hahaha, I just saw someone with a 34 Wilson jersey.

Drez
05-13-2012, 10:17 PM

It'll be like the people that have the 18 Nicks jerseys.

GIANTSACK
05-14-2012, 05:22 PM
Just like micheal Strahan and the bus.. You cant ask for a better way to retire.

Redeyejedi
05-14-2012, 06:17 PM
I think he retires unless the Giants ask him back. We will see how guys like Tyler Sash and Janzen Jackson progress. They have his number

B-Red22
05-15-2012, 08:54 PM

o noooo we cant change numbers!!!!

JJC7301
05-15-2012, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if he came back if the Giants came calling. There will be a slew of injuries in the secondary like we have every year.

JMFP2
05-16-2012, 12:04 AM
i loved Deon and what he brought to the Giants. </P>

but i think Deon is done. </P>

he got his ring the ultimate goal of any nfl player so he can retire with that glory!</P>

</P>

Agreed.</P>

Deon was a smart, classy Giant, but physically, he was getting toward the end of the line.</P>

alau53
05-16-2012, 12:11 AM
deon can do what he wants..he can be a coach or a minister or a teacher or a car salesman like antonio pierce

qndarius3
05-16-2012, 09:52 AM
"Ever since he became a Giant he's been a vocal leader, consistent and
always did his job.. especially in the playoff run. I understand he's
not young but why didn't we resign him?"

Because hes not very good anymore?

nygsb42champs
05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
If everybody is healthy there is no spot for him. Rolle moves back to a full time safety instead of a nickel corner.

hadenough
05-16-2012, 10:50 AM
Ever since he became a Giant he's been a vocal leader, consistent and always did his job.. especially in the playoff run. I understand he's not young but why didn't we resign him?
</P>

</P>

They didn't sign him until late last year. If you are a veteran...why would you sign with a team early? Sign with a team later in the year and you don't have to go through all of their OTA's. </P>

FroZeNx31x
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM

We havent signed Grants because we have::

Antrel Rolle
Kenny Phillips
Tyler Sash
Chris Horton
Stevie Brown
Jenzen Jackson
Will Hill
and Jojo Nicholas

who are all competing for a spot on the team. Almost all of these guys are more athletic than Grant and can play for a few years on a low salary.

Its a business, im sure Grant will either retire or play 1 last season for another team.

slipknottin
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
They didn't sign him until late last year.* If you are a veteran...why would you sign with a team early?* Sign with a team later in the year and you don't have to go through all of their OTA's.* </P>

I believe if they sign for the vet minimum after week 1 or something like that then their contract is not completely guaranteed, if they sign before the start of the season then it is.

hadenough
05-16-2012, 04:31 PM
They didn't sign him until late last year. If you are a veteran...why would you sign with a team early? Sign with a team later in the year and you don't have to go through all of their OTA's.

</P>

I believe if they sign for the vet minimum after week 1 or something like that then their contract is not completely guaranteed, if they sign before the start of the season then it is.</P>

</P>

Yeah...I think you're right. The Giants got someone onthat last year I believe? Or maybe it was just because Goff went down...I forget</P>

JesseJames
05-16-2012, 05:00 PM
I think we have a bunch of young guys trying for a job at the safety position this summer and if none of them work out they will most likely give Grant a call unless he has seriously retired....

TrueBlue@NYC
05-17-2012, 11:50 AM
I think we have a bunch of young guys trying for a job at the safety position this summer and if none of them work out they will most likely give Grant a call unless he has seriously retired....

Yeah, I agree with this. Grant was great for us for the past two years but you could see him wear down. It's time to try and get a younger guy in there to see if we have a future starter somewhere on the depth chart.

Besides replacing grant this year, they also have to prepare to possibly lose KP after this season as I believe he's a FA after this year.

thomsoad
05-17-2012, 03:52 PM

It'll be like the people that have the 18 Nicks jerseys.

If these players really become something special and enter HOF...you aint gonna b laughing at how much those "original" jerseys will sell for on ebay.