PDA

View Full Version : How 2 Stop JPP

Redeyejedi
05-13-2012, 07:01 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1181998-football-101-how-to-stop-new-york-giants-jason-pierre-paul

Before u dismiss this because its Bleacher report he is a paid writer for them. I converse with him on Twitter about the Draft all the time he is definitively credible.

Whether U agree with the piece or not it is a compliment that JPP is good enough in his 2nd year for someone to write something like this

slipknottin
05-13-2012, 07:09 PM
Im just thrilled its not a slideshow

gmen0820
05-13-2012, 07:12 PM
Whether U agree with the piece or not it is a compliment that JPP is good enough in his 2nd year for someone to write something like thisDidn't see this before I clicked the link, and I almost literally wrote word for word the same thing.

NYG4lifeNYK
05-13-2012, 07:35 PM

LOL

TuckYou
05-13-2012, 08:10 PM
Ya

b_ELI_eve
05-13-2012, 08:22 PM
This article could be written about how to stop a healthy Justin Tuck as well. Giants Dline will get to your QB no matter what. It feels good to be able to say that :)

OX1
05-13-2012, 09:28 PM
Problem for teams next year will be a giants secondary
that should improve quite a bit. A whole bunch of plays
that we "just" missed a sack last year. Another split second
provided by even a slightly better secondary and watch out.

That and if we even get 1 holding penalty for every 10 holds on our D-line,
it will add up to lot of yardage.

egyptian420
05-13-2012, 09:33 PM
that's the reason I never go to that annoying website.....it's the most inconvenient way to read an article but I guess they need to use every opportunity to overwhelm us with ads

NYGinIN
05-13-2012, 10:04 PM
The better question, though, is how to stop JPP and still be able to stop everyone else

B&RWarrior
05-13-2012, 10:15 PM
The better question, though, is how to stop JPP and still be able to stop everyone else

NE did it. We may not like to admit it, but I watched the SB 3 times and the Pats for the most part held our D-line in check.

We also sacrificed part of our typical pressure to get a bump on the NE TEs, still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB.

slipknottin
05-13-2012, 10:16 PM
NE did it. We may not like to admit it, but I watched the SB 3 times and the Pats for the most part held our D-line in check.

We also sacrificed part of our typical pressure to get a bump on the NE TEs, still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB.

Giants spent a lot of that game only rushing three. And NE has a line made up of first and second round picks, very talented.

Danny1024
05-13-2012, 10:55 PM
The article is pointless. You can stop anyone in this league if you consistently put 2 blockers on one guy.

Giants10Joe
05-14-2012, 01:00 AM
The correct answer is that there is no way to stop JPP without leaving Tuck or Osi unblocked.

giantsfan420
05-14-2012, 01:14 AM

The thing ur overlooking somehow is ne's offense. Two te's with their use of wrs is relying on welker on quick little routes...u say we didnt get pressure and u watched it 3x? Dont know how u could overlook that on passing plays of 20 yds or more brady waa god awful. A safety, two sacks, at least 6pressures...an int caused by a pressure, brady never got comfortable when trying to go down field...

Our db play was the off last yr for a bunch of issues, but our dl struggled when teams could get quick passes off, and even then i dunno how much of it was how hurt tuck was and missing osi...but the dbs play a lil tighter on the quick stuff, and i think our dl will be more consistent...

Our dl was extremely physical the sb run...maybe only sf matched or exceeded it...so just trying to put ur post in context

AK_Jim
05-14-2012, 01:26 AM
I'm glad we have a guy that gets this sort of respect.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-14-2012, 02:06 AM
I think it's cute how the thread is "how 2 stop JPP" instead of "How to stop JPP". It would have been annoying to see "How too stop JPP" though.

rcrane082985
05-14-2012, 03:07 AM
Hopefully teams do stop jpp, will be nice to see tuck and osi able to do whatever they want.

Redeyejedi
05-14-2012, 08:28 AM
I think it's cute how the thread is "how 2 stop JPP" instead of "How to stop JPP". It would have been annoying to see "How too stop JPP" though.Im used to trying to cut characters all the for twitter. I dont even notice that im doing it anymore

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 09:34 AM

The thing ur overlooking somehow is ne's offense. Two te's with their use of wrs is relying on welker on quick little routes...u say we didnt get pressure and u watched it 3x? Dont know how u could overlook that on passing plays of 20 yds or more brady waa god awful. A safety, two sacks, at least 6pressures...an int caused by a pressure, brady never got comfortable when trying to go down field...

Our db play was the off last yr for a bunch of issues, but our dl struggled when teams could get quick passes off, and even then i dunno how much of it was how hurt tuck was and missing osi...but the dbs play a lil tighter on the quick stuff, and i think our dl will be more consistent...

Our dl was extremely physical the sb run...maybe only sf matched or exceeded it...so just trying to put ur post in context

This just shows me you don't know NE's offense. Brady was my fantasy football QB so I tuned in all season. It's not a long ball offense. Brady for the year wasn't that great with the deep ball. It didn't have anything to do with our dline. They don't throw the deep ball that often.

You can make excuses if you want, when we rushed 4 we didn't get the kind of pressure we expected most of the time.

Brady made a poor throw on the interception.If you polled every QB in the league and asked if you see a MLB deep down the field one-on-one with a 6'5" TE they would all make the throw. Every announcer said the same thing at half time, that Giants pressure was not as strong as advertised. I saw what everybody else saw. I'd be lying if I said I saw typical Giants pressure in that game. My love for the Giants doesn't ever bias my analysis (flat out lie-not on this occasion anyway).

"still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB." This means that up until the SB we had been getting significantly more pressure than what we got in the SB. If you compare the SF, ATL, and GB games to the SB there is a clear drop off in the pressure we were able to apply to the QB...I hope this helps

Morehead State
05-14-2012, 10:21 AM
The best way to stop JPP is to bring Osi in on passing downs and move JPP out of position.

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 10:28 AM
The best way to stop JPP is to bring Osi in on passing downs and move JPP out of position.

+1
Right. I'm not a big fan of Nascar.

lamas
05-14-2012, 11:32 AM

+1

Why are you not a fan of having our 4 best pass rushers on the field at the same time when we know the offense needs to pass? It doesn't make sense to me.

TuckYou
05-14-2012, 11:57 AM
NE did it. We may not like to admit it, but I watched the SB 3 times and the Pats for the most part held our D-line in check. We also sacrificed part of our typical pressure to get a bump on the NE TEs, still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB. Giants spent a lot of that game only rushing three. And NE has a line made up of first and second round picks, very talented.</P>

we also didnt rush the Packers or Saints as much as other teams. See the trend? Brady, Rodgers and Brees. Fewell would rather send 3 at those and have 8 back then if we are playing against average QBs. Im not sure it is the right way to do it (Rodgers and Brees picked us apart), but I can't argue with the result. We can't rush 3 vs Rodgers on 3rd and long. I will continue to say that over and over. </P>

</P>

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d824bd5de/Driver-s-second-TD-catch</P>

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 02:16 PM
B/c a great pass rushing DE doesn't equate to a great pass rushing DT. Canty is a better inside pass rusher than JPP from the DT spot.

Toadofsteel
05-14-2012, 02:18 PM
The Giants stake everything on the pass rush. Unfortunately small quick passes tend to be the natural counter to that. You just literally cannot get to the QB before he gets the ball off.

That said, even with no sacks, JPP did tip quite a few passes in the SB, leading to critical incompletions.

Roxersboxers
05-14-2012, 02:44 PM
One does not simply
Stop Jason Pierre Paul

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM

+1

Why are you not a fan of having our 4 best pass rushers on the field at the same time when we know the offense needs to pass?* It doesn't make sense to me.

B/c a great pass rushing DE doesn't equate to a great pass rushing DT. Canty is a better inside pass rusher than JPP from the DT spot.

Giants10Joe
05-14-2012, 02:59 PM
One does not simply
Stop Jason Pierre Paul

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/20409702.jpg

JJC7301
05-14-2012, 03:30 PM
"Few NFL teams have the personnel packages to account for a player as athletic as JPP. Factor in his linemates, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck, and the Giants defensive line becomes almost unblockable. Finding new ways to stop athletic pass-rushers like this will determine how the NFL continues to develop offensively."

Yeah, blocking JPP would be a lot easier if they didn't have Osi, Tuck, and Kiwi, but unfortunately for the rest of the league the Giants do have those other players.

LETS KEEP OSI!!

Toadofsteel
05-14-2012, 04:19 PM
"Few NFL teams have the personnel packages to account for a player as athletic as JPP. Factor in his linemates, Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck, and the Giants defensive line becomes almost unblockable. Finding new ways to stop athletic pass-rushers like this will determine how the NFL continues to develop offensively."

Yeah, blocking JPP would be a lot easier if they didn't have Osi, Tuck, and Kiwi, but unfortunately for the rest of the league the Giants do have those other players.

LETS KEEP OSI!!

Thats why Osi should consider himself fortunate to be on the Giants. On any other team he'd be doubled all day. Here, if nascar is on, Tuck and JPP get the double teams...

giantsfan420
05-14-2012, 05:17 PM

This just shows me you don't know NE's offense. Brady was my fantasy football QB so I tuned in all season. It's not a long ball offense. Brady for the year wasn't that great with the deep ball. It didn't have anything to do with our dline. They don't throw the deep ball that often.

You can make excuses if you want, when we rushed 4 we didn't get the kind of pressure we expected most of the time.

Brady made a poor throw on the interception.If you polled every QB in the league and asked if you see a MLB deep down the field one-on-one with a 6'5" TE they would all make the throw. Every announcer said the same thing at half time, that Giants pressure was not as strong as advertised. I saw what everybody else saw. I'd be lying if I said I saw typical Giants pressure in that game. My love for the Giants doesn't ever bias my analysis (flat out lie-not on this occasion anyway).

"still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB." This means that up until the SB we had been getting significantly more pressure than what we got in the SB. If you compare the SF, ATL, and GB games to the SB there is a clear drop off in the pressure we were able to apply to the QB...I hope this helps

i fail to make the connction u made. how does u saying our DL failed in the SB, yet we got at least 6 pressures, 2 sacks, a safety, and an int forced due to a pressure, the DL playing badly? You do realize NE has an OL to try and stop the DL right?
Tom Brady was horrendous in passes 20 yds or more in the SB bc he was getting rushed by the pressures. Brady may not have been great at that all season, but in the SB they did try to do that, and Brady couldnt get the time. At one point he had 16 completions on short quick dump offs...no DL made up of the all time greats are going to get to the QB on those kinds of plays.
When they had to go deep, the DL was up in Brady's face. Not saying it was dominant, but ur implying it was something its not...

Again, I know full well Brady and that NE offense arent a deep ball team, that doesnt mean that they should go like 0-9, a safety, two sacks, and an int on pass plays to go intermediate to deep...thats god awful, and Brady aint god awful at any aspect of QBing, even if NE struggled deep plays, they still had a bunch of them, 99 yd to welker, aaron hernandez and grads were all good deep threats at times...

if our DBs can get even tighter coverage on the short like dump off plays, our DL will still dominate those different offenses. if qbs can just avoid the rush and dump off the pass, the sack numbers will be down, but still the d is having success imo bc ur keeping the offense from being aggressive...

there wasnt a clear drop off in performance, there was a clear drop off in sack amount. that doesnt mean the DL sucked. we got 2 sacks, a safety, a pressure that caused an int, and like 6 more pressures on top of that...dl played pretty well imho, we held NE to 17 points...u of all people should know thats a feat vs NE if u had brady as ur fantasy qb...btw, howd he do again? dominated fantasy as usual right? that disappeared the SB, and even the AFC CG, wonder why? could it be balt and ny have defenses that can rush an offense like the one NE has? NEs offense is serious, just rushing brady's timing is a plus most teams dont even get...

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 07:30 PM

i fail to make the connction u made. how does u saying our DL failed in the SB, yet we got at least 6 pressures, 2 sacks, a safety, and an int forced due to a pressure, the DL playing badly? You do realize NE has an OL to try and stop the DL right?
Tom Brady was horrendous in passes 20 yds or more in the SB bc he was getting rushed by the pressures. Brady may not have been great at that all season, but in the SB they did try to do that, and Brady couldnt get the time. At one point he had 16 completions on short quick dump offs...no DL made up of the all time greats are going to get to the QB on those kinds of plays.
When they had to go deep, the DL was up in Brady's face. Not saying it was dominant, but ur implying it was something its not...

Again, I know full well Brady and that NE offense arent a deep ball team, that doesnt mean that they should go like 0-9, a safety, two sacks, and an int on pass plays to go intermediate to deep...thats god awful, and Brady aint god awful at any aspect of QBing, even if NE struggled deep plays, they still had a bunch of them, 99 yd to welker, aaron hernandez and grads were all good deep threats at times...

if our DBs can get even tighter coverage on the short like dump off plays, our DL will still dominate those different offenses. if qbs can just avoid the rush and dump off the pass, the sack numbers will be down, but still the d is having success imo bc ur keeping the offense from being aggressive...

there wasnt a clear drop off in performance, there was a clear drop off in sack amount. that doesnt mean the DL sucked. we got 2 sacks, a safety, a pressure that caused an int, and like 6 more pressures on top of that...dl played pretty well imho, we held NE to 17 points...u of all people should know thats a feat vs NE if u had brady as ur fantasy qb...btw, howd he do again? dominated fantasy as usual right? that disappeared the SB, and even the AFC CG, wonder why? could it be balt and ny have defenses that can rush an offense like the one NE has? NEs offense is serious, just rushing brady's timing is a plus most teams dont even get...

We didn't get a lot of pressure throughout the game. That's what I saw. That's what every announcer said at half time and frankly anybody that had watched the Giants DL all season. You want to see a lot of pressure watch the 2007 SB with Strahan. Clear difference in performance, even when we rushed 4 in 2012.

ny06
05-14-2012, 11:03 PM
You don't stop JPP.. You hope to contain him.

JJC7301
05-15-2012, 12:01 AM

LETS KEEP OSI!!

Thats why Osi should consider himself fortunate to be on the Giants. On any other team he'd be doubled all day. Here, if nascar is on, Tuck and JPP get the double teams...

Being stacked at the position makes it easier on all of them. I'd love to see (but not naive to think it would happen) to see all of our DE's take less to play together for the rest of their careers. I know it won't happen, just saying.

Rat_bastich
05-15-2012, 03:43 AM
You don't stop JPP.. You hope to contain him.

With JPP around, Chuck Norris is Expendable!

Diamondring
05-15-2012, 07:54 AM
The better question, though, is how to stop JPP and still be able to stop everyone else NE did it. We may not like to admit it, but I watched the SB 3 times and the Pats for the most part held our D-line in check. We also sacrificed part of our typical pressure to get a bump on the NE TEs, still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB. The thing ur overlooking somehow is ne's offense. Two te's with their use of wrs is relying on welker on quick little routes...u say we didnt get pressure and u watched it 3x? Dont know how u could overlook that on passing plays of 20 yds or more brady waa god awful. A safety, two sacks, at least 6pressures...an int caused by a pressure, brady never got comfortable when trying to go down field... Our db play was the off last yr for a bunch of issues, but our dl struggled when teams could get quick passes off, and even then i dunno how much of it was how hurt tuck was and missing osi...but the dbs play a lil tighter on the quick stuff, and i think our dl will be more consistent... Our dl was extremely physical the sb run...maybe only sf matched or exceeded it...so just trying to put ur post in context This just shows me you don't know NE's offense. Brady was my fantasy football QB so I tuned in all season. It's not a long ball offense. Brady for the year wasn't that great with the deep ball. It didn't have anything to do with our dline. They don't throw the deep ball that often. You can make excuses if you want, when we rushed 4 we didn't get the kind of pressure we expected most of the time. Brady made a poor throw on the interception.If you polled every QB in the league and asked if you see a MLB deep down the field one-on-one with a 6'5" TE they would all make the throw. Every announcer said the same thing at half time, that Giants pressure was not as strong as advertised. I saw what everybody else saw. I'd be lying if I said I saw typical Giants pressure in that game. My love for the Giants doesn't ever bias my analysis (flat out lie-not on this occasion anyway). "still our pass rush wasn't as much of a factor as it had been in the run up to the SB." This means that up until the SB we had been getting significantly more pressure than what we got in the SB. If you compare the SF, ATL, and GB games to the SB there is a clear drop off in the pressure we were able to apply to the QB...I hope this helps i fail to make the connction u made. how does u saying our DL failed in the SB, yet we got at least 6 pressures, 2 sacks, a safety, and an int forced due to a pressure, the DL playing badly? You do realize NE has an OL to try and stop the DL right? Tom Brady was horrendous in passes 20 yds or more in the SB bc he was getting rushed by the pressures. Brady may not have been great at that all season, but in the SB they did try to do that, and Brady couldnt get the time. At one point he had 16 completions on short quick dump offs...no DL made up of the all time greats are going to get to the QB on those kinds of plays. When they had to go deep, the DL was up in Brady's face. Not saying it was dominant, but ur implying it was something its not... Again, I know full well Brady and that NE offense arent a deep ball team, that doesnt mean that they should go like 0-9, a safety, two sacks, and an int on pass plays to go intermediate to deep...thats god awful, and Brady aint god awful at any aspect of QBing, even if NE struggled deep plays, they still had a bunch of them, 99 yd to welker, aaron hernandez and grads were all good deep threats at times... if our DBs can get even tighter coverage on the short like dump off plays, our DL will still dominate those different offenses. if qbs can just avoid the rush and dump off the pass, the sack numbers will be down, but still the d is having success imo bc ur keeping the offense from being aggressive... there wasnt a clear drop off in performance, there was a clear drop off in sack amount. that doesnt mean the DL sucked. we got 2 sacks, a safety, a pressure that caused an int, and like 6 more pressures on top of that...dl played pretty well imho, we held NE to 17 points...u of all people should know thats a feat vs NE if u had brady as ur fantasy qb...btw, howd he do again? dominated fantasy as usual right? that disappeared the SB, and even the AFC CG, wonder why? could it be balt and ny have defenses that can rush an offense like the one NE has? NEs offense is serious, just rushing brady's timing is a plus most teams dont even get... We didn't get a lot of pressure throughout the game. That's what I saw. That's what every announcer said at half time and frankly anybody that had watched the Giants DL all season. You want to see a lot of pressure watch the 2007 SB with Strahan. Clear difference in performance, even when we rushed 4 in 2012.Giants D-line did pressure Brady a good amount of times that Brady had to move around some to get away from pass rush pressure.

G-Man67
05-15-2012, 02:39 PM
when we line-up NASCAR, it's pick your posion time ... you simply can't block all those pass rushers