PDA

View Full Version : Rolle back at safety

GiantLife615
05-13-2012, 11:07 PM
I'm very excited to see Rolle back at his natural position this year. He did an outstanding job this year playing all over the field. Bottom line, he is still one of the better safety's in the league, and should be able to take the majority of the snaps back there this year. With the depth we seem to have at CB, and Rolle and Phillips at safety, the backfield is improved exponentially.

slipknottin
05-13-2012, 11:08 PM
well see.

He was supposed to be playing safety last year before the injury bug struck.

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 09:57 AM
well see.

I hate to say it, since he's a former Cane, but his play has not matched his contract even before the injury bug and him playing out of position.

NYFan221
05-14-2012, 11:12 AM
well see.

I hate to say it, since he's a former Cane, but his play has not matched his contract even before the injury bug and him playing out of position.

we definetly over paid for him without a doubt, but thats not his fault. I like him, hes pretty good in coverage, good against the run, great tackler, and can blitz. I love that we have him on the team, just wish it could be for a lil less $.

jomo
05-14-2012, 02:09 PM
well see.

I hate to say it, since he's a former Cane, but his play has not matched his contract even before the injury bug and him playing out of position.We did overpay him in a vacum but not in the context of what we endured at safety the year before that. I am upbeat about our overall upgrade in the secondary including some young guys with big upside.

buffyblue
05-14-2012, 02:51 PM
I am excited about Antrell Rolle moving back to his natural position. We did overpay for him but he really matured last year and developed into a positive leader that we needed.

jomo
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
I am excited about Antrell Rolle moving back to his natural position. We did overpay for him but he really matured last year and developed into a positive leader that we needed.He really did step up as a leader when we needed him most last year.

MattyD21
05-14-2012, 03:04 PM
Antrel is 100% a ball-hawk in the safety position , that's if they actually let him play there for once

G-Man67
05-14-2012, 04:32 PM
yeah i would like to see a little less talkee and a little more playee from Mr. Rolle

and im not going to get on him so much for plays that he has allowed ... it's tough back there, but i would like to see him make a few more plays to help justify what we are paying him

MattyD21
05-14-2012, 09:58 PM
Giants payed him to do this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5V8gkrJBs8
, We just haven't let him do it yet...

RoanokeFan
05-14-2012, 10:50 PM
well see.

While that may be so, his leadership and willingness to publicly "encourage" some of his teammates to get off their collective and individual asses began what we eventually called "ALL-IN."

Rolle evolved as a force for the good of the team. His own turning point came when Perry Fewell challenged the younger players, including Rolle, to think about the older players who may never get another shot at the brass ring.

Rolle, in my estimation, earned every penny of his contract last year.

JJC7301
05-15-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm very excited to see Rolle back at his natural position this year. He did an outstanding job this year playing all over the field. Bottom line, he is still one of the better safety's in the league, and should be able to take the majority of the snaps back there this year. With the depth we seem to have at CB, and Rolle and Phillips at safety, the backfield is improved exponentially.

+1,000,000...that is until the injuries rack up in the secondary like they do every...single...year.

nygsb42champs
05-15-2012, 09:12 AM
Hopefully we stay healthy so he can stay at safety.

Redeyejedi
05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
I hope he becomes a Mentor to Janzen Jackson. The kid has a lot of talent. Maybe he can get him to concentrate on playing Football