PDA

View Full Version : A TRIBUTE TO TOM COUGHLIN: THE CLASSIEST AND BEST COACH IN THE NFL TODAY

NYGiantsFan56
05-14-2012, 01:53 PM
I have always been a loyal fan of Tom Coughlin and his methods of coaching. Despite bumps in the road over the years overall he has been a great coach for the Giants. His methods have gotten marginal players to over-produce and he has gotten the maximum out of the great players on this team. THE RESULT HAS TWO SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 4 YEARS. I have always laughed at his distractors who have always reacted with emotion. On top of being a great coach he is also the classiest coach in the NFL when you compare him some of his contemporaries like Rex Ryan and Harbaugh up in San Francisco. The U.S. Army is now going to Honor him for his service to the men and woman in Uniform. Mr. Coughlin you are a class act and I am proud to have you as coach of the New York Giants. Here is the article from the Star-Ledger.

Giants coach Tom Coughlin to receive U.S. Army Outstanding Civilian Service Award
Published: Monday, May 14, 2012, 12:26 PM Updated: Monday, May 14, 2012, 1:27 PM
By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger

Giants coach Tom Coughlin will receive the U.S. Army's Outstanding Civilian Service Award on May 23 in appreciation of his honoring veterans and active members of the military. Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, the current Chief of Staff of the Army shown here hugging Coughlin after the team's Super Bowl XLVI victory, will present the award to his friend.
For years, Tom Coughlin has honored the servicemen and women who, as he likes to put it, allow us to "sleep under the blanket of freedom."
This month, one branch of the military will return the favor by honoring the Giants' coach.
On May 23, Coughlin will be one of five recipients of the Outstanding Civilian Service Award, the third-highest public service honor the U.S. Army can bestow upon a civilian. The award will be presented to Coughlin by Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, the current Chief of Staff of the Army, a Dover native, an avid Giants fan and a close friend of Coughlin, at Quarters One (the home of the Army Chief of Staff) in Arlington, Va.
Among the others scheduled to be honored that day are: Ravens coach John Harbaugh and Bob Delaney, a Paterson native and former NBA referee who now works with veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder.
Coughlin is being recognized for his work with active military personnel, such as his taking part in the NFL-USO Coaches Tour of the Persian Gulf three years ago, and his acknowledging veterans, as he does each Veterans Day by inviting Wounded Warriors to practice and to that week's game. In 2008, Coughlin took the team to Walter Reed Medical Center before the visit to the White House, where they were honored by then-President Bush. The team is planning to involve service members in this year's visit as well.
MORE COVERAGE

D'Alessandro: Bob Delaney, a former detective, NBA official and author looks to raise awareness for post-traumatic stress disorder
Coughlin, who shows reverence toward the troops during each game's National Anthem, has also welcomed Lt. Col. Greg Gadson into the Giants' inner circle since former assistant coach Mike Sullivan introduced Gadson to the team in 2007.
Gadson, who lost both of his legs in Iraq, will remain an inspirational presence for the Giants, despite Sullivan's joining the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' staff this offseason. Gadson also has a a role in the movie Battleship and will attend the premiere aboard the USS Intrepid on Tuesday. Justin Tuck is scheduled to attend the screening.

JJC7301
05-14-2012, 02:20 PM
Gotta love TC and I'm very happy that this team reflects his coaching philosophy.

GMENAGAIN
05-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Wait until our first loss . . . there will be 100 threads calling for him and/or Gilbride to be fired . . . . . .

jakegibbs
05-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Wait until our first loss . . . there will be 100 threads calling for him and/or Gilbride to be fired . . . . . .

+1 Spoken by a true NYG fan. If he looses the 1st game to Big D in NY the talk will begin quickly this year. Doom dispair & agony on me... Deep dark depression constant misery...

NYGiantsFan56
05-14-2012, 02:56 PM

+1 Spoken by a true NYG fan. If he looses the 1st game to Big D in NY the talk will begin quickly this year. Doom dispair & agony on me... Deep dark depression constant misery...
It won't come from me. The people complaining would be the one's that Rex Ryan. LOL

jomo
05-14-2012, 03:00 PM
This is a wonderful recognition and well deserved. Congratulations coach!

SweetZombieJesus
05-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Tom is classy, and you can't argue with results.

BTW, speaking of his work with servicemen, I noticed in the process of watching the Super Bowl 97 times that Lt. Col. Greg Gasden was back on the sidelines with the team (in a chair with his legs off) and never saw a lick about it in the press.

plaxattack17
05-17-2012, 04:28 PM
Amen...not enough posts like this in support of one of the finest coaches in our history. I've been behind him sinse day 1, and i'm glad his methods were vindicated in the end with our historic championship last year. Great man great head Coach.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 05:26 PM
It always amazes me that positive posts get such little notice here.

SweetZombieJesus
05-17-2012, 06:26 PM

"Plane lands safely at JFK" doesn't sell papers.

miked1958
05-17-2012, 07:27 PM
I have always been a loyal fan of Tom Coughlin and his methods of coaching. Despite bumps in the road over the years overall he has been a great coach for the Giants. His methods have gotten marginal players to over-produce and he has gotten the maximum out of the great players on this team. THE RESULT HAS TWO SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS IN 4 YEARS. I have always laughed at his distractors who have always reacted with emotion. On top of being a great coach he is also the classiest coach in the NFL when you compare him some of his contemporaries like Rex Ryan and Harbaugh up in San Francisco. The U.S. Army is now going to Honor him for his service to the men and woman in Uniform. Mr. Coughlin you are a class act and I am proud to have you as coach of the New York Giants. Here is the article from the Star-Ledger. Giants coach Tom Coughlin to receive U.S. Army Outstanding Civilian Service Award Published: Monday, May 14, 2012, 12:26 PM Updated: Monday, May 14, 2012, 1:27 PM By Mike Garafolo/The Star-Ledger Giants coach Tom Coughlin will receive the U.S. Army's Outstanding Civilian Service Award on May 23 in appreciation of his honoring veterans and active members of the military. Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, the current Chief of Staff of the Army shown here hugging Coughlin after the team's Super Bowl XLVI victory, will present the award to his friend. For years, Tom Coughlin has honored the servicemen and women who, as he likes to put it, allow us to "sleep under the blanket of freedom." This month, one branch of the military will return the favor by honoring the Giants' coach. On May 23, Coughlin will be one of five recipients of the Outstanding Civilian Service Award, the third-highest public service honor the U.S. Army can bestow upon a civilian. The award will be presented to Coughlin by Gen. Raymond T. Odierno, the current Chief of Staff of the Army, a Dover native, an avid Giants fan and a close friend of Coughlin, at Quarters One (the home of the Army Chief of Staff) in Arlington, Va. Among the others scheduled to be honored that day are: Ravens coach John Harbaugh and Bob Delaney, a Paterson native and former NBA referee who now works with veterans suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder. Coughlin is being recognized for his work with active military personnel, such as his taking part in the NFL-USO Coaches Tour of the Persian Gulf three years ago, and his acknowledging veterans, as he does each Veterans Day by inviting Wounded Warriors to practice and to that week's game. In 2008, Coughlin took the team to Walter Reed Medical Center before the visit to the White House, where they were honored by then-President Bush. The team is planning to involve service members in this year's visit as well. MORE COVERAGE D'Alessandro: Bob Delaney, a former detective, NBA official and author looks to raise awareness for post-traumatic stress disorder Coughlin, who shows reverence toward the troops during each game's National Anthem, has also welcomed Lt. Col. Greg Gadson into the Giants' inner circle since former assistant coach Mike Sullivan introduced Gadson to the team in 2007. Gadson, who lost both of his legs in Iraq, will remain an inspirational presence for the Giants, despite Sullivan's joining the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' staff this offseason. Gadson also has a a role in the movie Battleship and will attend the premiere aboard the USS Intrepid on Tuesday. Justin Tuck is scheduled to attend the screening.AGREE on all counts. He is a great coach, mentor and father figure to alot of these guys.....

miked1958
05-17-2012, 07:28 PM
He sets a great example of how to conduct yourself as a HC. not like some of the ones out there that are attention whor--s. </P>

Anyway Lets plan to FIRE him again this season so we can win another TITLE..lol</P>

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 07:29 PM

"Plane lands safely at JFK" doesn't sell papers.

An NFL coach doesn't receive this award every 13 seconds either.

NYGiantsFan56
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Here is the actual tribute posted today regarding the Award that Tom Coughlin received from the U.S. Army. After reading this, it makes me proud to have a Tom Coughlin as the Coach of the Super Bowl Champion NY Giants. LOOKING AROUND THE LEAGUE AT THE OTHER COACHES IN THE NFL I AM TRULY CONVINCED THAT TOM COUGHLIN IS THE LAST OF HIS BREED. Here it is:

Coughlin To Receive Honor From Army
by Ed Valentine on May 22, 2012 3:43 PM EDT in New York Giants News

New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin will receive the Army's Outstanding Civilian Service Award during a ceremony on Wednesday. Coughlin will be one of five people honored.

The award will be presented by Gen. Raymond T. Odierno , the Chief of Staff of the Army. The citation will read as follows:

For outstanding service to the United States Army, Soldiers and families. Your consistent, outward public support of the U.S. Army and the military in general have had far reaching positive impacts on the health and morale of our service members at home and deployed overseas. Your generous outreach to servicemen and women and military families through opportunities to attend New York Giants practices and games and your visits with Soldiers have been remarkable. Your trip to Iraq and participation in the USO tour in July 2009 significantly improved the morale of our deployed Soldiers. The New York Giants players and coaches visit to Walter Reed Army Medical Center following the 2008 Super Bowl victory tremendously improved the morale of our wounded warriors and was a testament to your continued substantial support to our wounded warrior program. Your selfless, outstanding efforts have had dramatic, positive impacts on the health of the force, our Soldiers and the United States Army.

Something tells me Coughlin will treasure this almost as much as his Super Bowl rings. Almost.

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Come on RO, Negativity always promotes a discussion, If we post a positive nobody replies......"misery loves company"

OsiStrahan#1combo
05-23-2012, 07:35 AM

Just for the record I NEVER called for TC head.... BUT... i most certainly did for gilbride.

wont be doing that anymore. im just going to let it play out.

One guy I am going to be watching is Fewell.. I better see what we saw near the end.

Otherwise lets the bashing threads begin...