PDA

View Full Version : Chad Jones Wavied/Failed Physical

BIGBLUE1994
05-14-2012, 04:53 PM
Feel terrible about it

GMAN8625
05-14-2012, 04:56 PM
That sucks. I hope he continues to get healthy and has a chance to stick somewhere in the league.

jomo
05-14-2012, 04:58 PM
He has shown great character befitting a Giant.

Keep working at it Chad!

Eli TO Shockey
05-14-2012, 05:03 PM
wish him the best.

Redeyejedi
05-14-2012, 05:03 PM
They signed Will Hill from the Gators. Interesting pair of UDFA safties the Giants have. Both talented both head cases

SweetZombieJesus
05-14-2012, 05:05 PM
Bummed for him

slipknottin
05-14-2012, 05:08 PM
doubt this means goodbye for good. Jones still has a ways to go in his rehab.

Redeyejedi
05-14-2012, 05:11 PM
doubt this means goodbye for good. Jones still has a ways to go in his rehab. Are the Giants paying his rehab/ medical bills?

slipknottin
05-14-2012, 05:13 PM
Are the Giants paying his rehab/ medical bills?

I think insurance was/is.

GMENAGAIN
05-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Whata shame. At this point, it seems like a real, real longshot that he will ever have an NFL career.

cornerback30
05-14-2012, 05:53 PM
Dam I was really hoping for a good ending for him,hope he lands on his feet though and gets to play and play well

BlueJayC
05-14-2012, 05:56 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Wow.....way to ruin my day BigBlue1994......</FONT>

Diamondring
05-14-2012, 06:24 PM
Oh wow. I hope it is not something bad

Tuckit91
05-14-2012, 06:29 PM
I think the Giants stood by him and did all they could for him and now see that he is a long way from playing football.,if ever!

zimonami
05-14-2012, 07:50 PM
doubt this means goodbye for good. Jones still has a ways to go in his rehab. Are the Giants paying his rehab/ medical bills?

This says Giants will continue to pay for his rehab.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/giants-cut-ties-chad-jones-213608980--nfl.html

B&RWarrior
05-14-2012, 08:10 PM
This isn't awful news. The guy may just be a year away from full recovery. Even if he never plays he'll be a stronger guy mentally for having gone through this ordeal and physical rehab and it will help him succeed in any future endeavor. It's a win-win situation.

VegasGmen
05-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Hoping the best for Chad! He probably needs another year of rehab and if he does resurface with a team I'm sure it will be the Giants.

NorwoodBlue
05-14-2012, 08:18 PM
He's a very lick guy to have his foot at all, so while this is disappointing, he can still try to get back to playing strength. The report from the Giants doctor who worked with him didn't sound like he was going to be able to do that though. A very tough injury to have, especially since it was off the field. Hope he moves on and has a chance somewhere, maybe for next season.

miked1958
05-14-2012, 08:26 PM
He is still very young. Another year of rehab and the kid may make it all the way back. I know its a setback for him on the timetable he set for himself but if he looks at the bright side things could be alot worse. Hopefully he goes back and works on whatever areas they told him to do if its physically possible and comes back and trys out for us next offseason and makes it as a walk on

AceOspadZ4
05-14-2012, 08:45 PM
I remember right after his accident i said he would never play in the NFL, and in this instance i really wish i had been wrong. Hope he continues to work toward his goal

BlueSanta
05-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Keep working Chad, as long as you keep at it we will route for you.

giantman8493
05-14-2012, 09:07 PM
What was wrong? Was he taking drugs?

C1010
05-14-2012, 10:10 PM
Damn, sounds like they feel the leg wouldn't hold up to NFL hits. I'm sad to hear this and I'm still rooting for him.

Spytheweb
05-14-2012, 10:31 PM
This guy had a chance to do some good, he didn't safeguard himself. Stay away from fast women and fast cars.

BigBlue1971
05-14-2012, 10:34 PM
what bad news that is! </P>

i know he gave rehab his all!</P>

stay with it Chad! we are all rooting for you!</P>

</P>

<FONT color=#0000ff size=4>Go Giants!</FONT></P>

RoanokeFan
05-14-2012, 10:36 PM
doubt this means goodbye for good. Jones still has a ways to go in his rehab.

I don't see him giving up and I don't see the GIANTS giving up on him either.

zimonami
05-14-2012, 11:38 PM
..."at this time he has residual sensory loss, muscle weakness, and tenuous soft tissue coverage in the involved lower leg"

That soft tissue will tear easily unless he continues a gradual strengthening. Time will tell if he can ever make it back, but it won't be from lack of effort and the support of Giant fans.

JJC7301
05-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Feel terrible about it
Yeah, but bound to happen. There is NO way anyone was coming back from that injury to play NFL football again. Great story that he's even alive and walking.

GMENAGAIN
05-15-2012, 12:41 AM
What was wrong? Was he taking drugs?</P>

[:O]</P>

nYg24
05-15-2012, 01:55 AM
I was always rooting for the kid but lets be honest, he's never going to play at a high level if at all. He was a 3rd round draft pick to begin with. We're not talking about Ed Reed here. Even if the accident never happend there's a good chance he wouldn't even be a starter now. I can't see how anyone wasn't expecting this news.

MrDenmark
05-15-2012, 05:52 AM
This guy had a chance to do some good, he didn't safeguard himself. Stay away from fast women and fast cars.

I don't think he was overly reckless. His wheel got stuck in street car rails and got thrown around. Not sure about the speed though...

nygsb42champs
05-15-2012, 09:11 AM
Hopefully for him he continues to get healthy

G-Man67
05-15-2012, 09:24 AM
booo, good luck Chad</P>

giantman8493
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
..."at this time he has residual sensory loss, muscle weakness, and tenuous soft tissue coverage in the involved lower leg"

That soft tissue will tear easily unless he continues a gradual strengthening. Time will tell if he can ever make it back, but it won't be from lack of effort and the support of Giant fans.But what drug caused the test to fail?This is what I want to know.

Dwinsballgames
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM

That soft tissue will tear easily unless he continues a gradual strengthening. Time will tell if he can ever make it back, but it won't be from lack of effort and the support of Giant fans.But what drug caused the test to fail?This is what I want to know.

Are you serious?

He faild the physical because his leg is not healed. It had nothing to do with drugs.

GreenZone
05-15-2012, 11:52 AM
People need to read Garofolo's piece (http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/05/giants_waive_chad_jones_sign_t.html) before speculating.

What drugs? What recklessness? This thread is fraught with some reckless or at the very least, ignorant, opinion.

Garofolo points out:

<blockquote>...under the 90-man roster established this offseason, there are no roster exemptions for players on reserve lists.

</blockquote>But, the Giants will...

<blockquote>The team said in a press release, it will continue to work with Jones in
his rehab, and if he recovers sufficiently to return to the field, the
team would be open to that coming in a Giants uniform.

</blockquote>In the Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/ny-giants-cut-safety-chad-jones-lost-leg-2010-car-accident-article-1.1078084), Vacchiano quotes his agent Arceneaux:

<blockquote><p style="margin-left: 40px;">
"We would like to thank the Giants organization for the manner in which
they have supported Chad since his unfortunate accident two years ago,"
Arceneaux said. "Their genuine support and caring has far exceeded
their obligations and he and his family will be eternally grateful."</p></blockquote>

And Jerry Reese...
</p><blockquote><p style="margin-left: 40px;">
"We consider Chad to be part of the Giants family, and we'll continue
to work with him in his rehab," Reese said. "As we've said since his
accident, we're thankful he is alive and able to lead a normal life."</p></blockquote>It's simply a matter of it being too soon for right now. If Jones optimistic view is correct, he could pass another physical in two months and still possibly make the training camp, but the Giants think it won't happen this early.

Keep Chad in your prayers for a full recovery.
<blockquote>
</blockquote>

alau53
05-15-2012, 12:03 PM
i hope the young lad can continue his football career in the coaching relm..this way he can remain active and give his knowledge to young football players..my advise to him is stay away from coach bobby petrino

MattyD21
05-15-2012, 12:26 PM
"Jones has undergone more than a dozen surgeries and has a metal rod through his shin, with two screws near his ankle and two screws under his kneecap. He nearly died in a car accident on June 25, 2010 but doctors scrambled to save Jones' foot and leg during 10 hours of surgery" Holy ****

Morehead State
05-15-2012, 12:39 PM
The best thing that ever happened to Chad Jones was the New York Giants.</P>

The guy almost severed off part of his leg. It was unreasonable to expect that he could come back from that and play pro football. I said at the time that we all needed to just hope that he could have a normal life. I suppose its possible for him to play but highly unlikely.</P>

The Giants knew this too. They have paid and supported him for 2 years. They couldn't have had very much in the way of expectations. Mr. Mara and the rest of the organization needs to be acknowledged for doing such a great thing for this young man.</P>

Not sure how many other teams would have done this.</P>

giantman8493
05-15-2012, 12:56 PM

Are you serious?

He faild the physical because his leg is not healed. It had nothing to do with drugs.yeah right. I bet this guy was on cocaine! That explains his energy levels and enthusiasm.

zimonami
05-15-2012, 01:18 PM

Are you serious?

He faild the physical because his leg is not healed. It had nothing to do with drugs.yeah right. I bet this guy was on cocaine! That explains his energy levels and enthusiasm.

Hey... Can a Mod please review this post from the beginning and pick up on this poster, Giantman8493... continuing to push a drug angle where none exists. In his post, above, Greenzone did an excellent job of explaining that drugs were not an issue, yet he persists. Incredibly annoying to continue inferring that C. Jones problem is drugs.
At the least he should be warned that he is irresponsible.

galaxy10
05-15-2012, 02:30 PM
The best thing that ever happened to Chad Jones was the New York Giants.</p>

The guy almost severed off part of his leg. It was unreasonable to expect that he could come back from that and play pro football. I said at the time that we all needed to just hope that he could have a normal life. I suppose its possible for him to play but highly unlikely.</p>

The Giants knew this too. They have paid and supported him for 2 years. They couldn't have had very much in the way of expectations. Mr. Mara and the rest of the organization needs to be acknowledged for doing such a great thing for this young man.</p>

Not sure how many other teams would have done this.</p>

Could not agree more. Doing the right thing is very important to the Giants and their fans. I applaud the Giants and all of the fans on this board for their honor and compassion.

GMENAGAIN
05-15-2012, 02:54 PM
What was wrong? Was he taking drugs? ..."at this time he has residual sensory loss, muscle weakness, and tenuous soft tissue coverage in the involved lower leg" That soft tissue will tear easily unless he continues a gradual strengthening. Time will tell if he can ever make it back, but it won't be from lack of effort and the support of Giant fans.But what drug caused the test to fail?This is what I want to know. Are you serious? He faild the physical because his leg is not healed. It had nothing to do with drugs.yeah right. I bet this guy was on cocaine! That explains his energy levels and enthusiasm. Hey... Can a Mod please review this post from the beginning and pick up on this poster, Giantman8493... continuing to push a drug angle where none exists. In his post, above, Greenzone did an excellent job of explaining that drugs were not an issue, yet he persists. Incredibly annoying to continue inferring that C. Jones problem is drugs. At the least he should be warned that he is irresponsible.</P>

It appears that he may be mentally handicapped . . . . . </P>