PDA

View Full Version : Happy 52nd anniversary to the eagles

whattheTUCK
05-14-2012, 09:41 PM
At this time I would like to offer congrats to the eagles for going 52 years without a championship!!!!!

G-Men Surg.
05-14-2012, 10:29 PM
Ouch !!! Practically a whole generation of losers !!!

RoanokeFan
05-14-2012, 11:04 PM
There is no more deserving a team for this prestigious honor [D]

SweetZombieJesus
05-14-2012, 11:19 PM
I remember when this guy was President

http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/interstate/brainiacs/05eisenhower.jpg

Actually no I don't I wasn't born yet

RagTime Blue
05-15-2012, 02:08 AM
Last time the Eagles won the NFL Championship, THIS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cS5aCozhcA) was Billboard's #1 song.

TheBookOfEli
05-15-2012, 05:52 PM
Nineteen Sixty *Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap* Nineteen Sixty *Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap*

SweetZombieJesus
05-16-2012, 09:42 AM
Come see the new 1960 Corvette

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnJ8zJ-a1XWXTiUkwh41TGRq0CMIBwGSezpwrwdSJYp7m5W-rschs_LjJ4bQ

On sale now for $3872.

miked1958
05-16-2012, 11:33 PM
Ouch !!! Practically a whole generation of losers !!!Yep. Wow. Sons, dads and even some of their grandfathers have never seen them win. I got to watch the gmen win SB in 86 and 90. My son at that time was 2 and 6. Daughters to young yet. My dad passed away right before NFCCG in 07. He was up in heaven for that game and saw to it that the pats were not perfect when he put that Velcro on tyrees head. Lol. My two girls and son are now HUGE Gmen fans

miked1958
05-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Can't imagine going 52 yrs without winning a single title

SweetZombieJesus
05-17-2012, 01:08 PM
No human had been in space yet.

Touch tone dialing hadn't been invented yet.

Alaska and Hawaii had just become states.

The Civil Rights movement hadn't yet happened.

Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) hadn't begun his pro boxing career yet.

miked1958
05-17-2012, 07:21 PM
No human had been in space yet.

Touch tone dialing hadn't been invented yet.

Alaska and Hawaii had just become states.

The Civil Rights movement hadn't yet happened.

Cassius Clay (Muhammad Ali) hadn't begun his pro boxing career yet.

WOW. but they win the offseason Title every year so that has to count for something

Yankees807
05-17-2012, 08:04 PM
43 years and counting is equally as pitiful for the J E T S fan base! Not even ONE single appearance since that 69 season! Goal posts were in the center of the endzone! Yet their fan base talks smack as if they have 6 in their trophy case!

Where would this sporting city be without the Giants and Yankees? (Go Rangers btw)! Nothing but disappointments and woulda coulda shoulda from all the rest!

Giants10Joe
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
43 years and counting is equally as pitiful for the J E T S fan base! Not even ONE single appearance since that 69 season! Goal posts were in the center of the endzone! Yet their fan base talks smack as if they have 6 in their trophy case!

Where would this sporting city be without the Giants and Yankees? (Go Rangers btw)! Nothing but disappointments and woulda coulda shoulda from all the rest!

But at least the J E T S fans can spell.

SweetZombieJesus
05-18-2012, 12:14 AM

27+8 = 35 championships. Take that away and you got 1 (Jets) + 2 (Mets) + 2 (Knicks) + 4 (Rangers) + 4 (Islanders) + 3 (Devils) = 16.

The Eagles spell at the end of their fight song too.

Antwuan
05-18-2012, 03:06 PM
0 Superbowls!

miked1958
05-18-2012, 10:38 PM
0 Superbowls!
Hopefully it stays that way

flamethrower
05-22-2012, 03:47 PM
About the Generations thing. That would be 8 more years until 3 whole generations of Eagles fans can say "We as Eagle fans only know Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda, and Excuses. Our Birds can't get it done in the post season when it counts." And, I can't think of a better way to post this.

wolfie
05-22-2012, 03:52 PM
I remember Eisenhower. Saw him in 1960 in Colorado Springs at the Boy Scouts National Jamboree.

sharick88
05-22-2012, 04:11 PM
My mom was born in 1960.

flamethrower
05-22-2012, 04:32 PM
Yep shall we see what else was going in 1960? Heck I can start a thread to show that. TV shows, Movies, Popular music, Sports champions. But, I won't include the AFL.

miked1958
05-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I think Donna Reed, Father Knows Best, My Three Sons, Gunsmoke, Rifleman, I love Lucy, **** Van Dykewere all Current shows in 60s</P>

flamethrower
05-24-2012, 09:35 PM
bump it. I'll do it here. Starting with sports.
Pittsburgh Pirates beat New York Yankees World Series.
Boston Beat St.Louis in the NBA Championship
Montreal Beat Toronto 4 games to 0 for the Stanley cup in the NHL.
Tomorrow I post Popular music, and top 11 movies. Because anyone can do a top 10. I like to show a top 11. Just to show that there are more than 10 items in listing.

SweetZombieJesus
05-25-2012, 06:23 AM
A long time ago I did a thread on what hadn't been invented yet, how much a new car cost, etc, but it's been 2-3 years it's long gone.

Bread
05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
About the Generations thing. That would be 8 more years until 3 whole generations of Eagles fans can say "We as Eagle fans only know Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda, and Excuses. Our Birds can't get it done in the post season when it counts."* And, I can't think of a better way to post this.
You're a Texans fan. You have not earned the right to talk sh*t.

flamethrower
05-25-2012, 09:40 AM
Not that hard to do this here. Next reply I show top 11 movies for 1969.

flamethrower
05-25-2012, 09:41 AM
With a name like Bread. You should worry about Subway, and Blimpies wanting to abuse you.

Bread
05-25-2012, 09:46 AM
With a name like Bread. You should worry about Subway, and Blimpies wanting to abuse you.
You are a Texans fan. Houston is one of the most irrelevant sports cities in America. You can't talk ****. That's like a pot making fun of a kettle for being black.

flamethrower
05-25-2012, 10:38 AM
Nice try. But, I have as much right to talk smack as you do. You need to worry about being in a Subway, or Blimpies, and someone looking at you with a jar of mustard, and some bologna.

Bread
05-25-2012, 11:16 AM
Nice try. But, I have as much right to talk smack as you do. You need to worry about being in a Subway, or Blimpies, and someone looking at you with a jar of mustard, and some bologna.
When was the last time any pro team from Houston won anything? Enlighten me.

flamethrower
05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
1995. And what city teams do you follow? Free advice. Mustard is not sun tan lotion.

Dabluguy
05-26-2012, 08:37 PM
The only team more pathetic than the Jets.

NYgiants141
05-26-2012, 09:24 PM
A long time ago I did a thread on what hadn't been invented yet, how much a new car cost, etc, but it's been 2-3 years it's long gone.

PLEASE FIND/REDO IT! would be greatly appreciated!

Bread
05-26-2012, 11:40 PM
1995. And what city teams do you follow? Free advice. Mustard is not sun tan lotion.

flamethrower
05-27-2012, 03:05 AM
That would make even less sense. Arizona is a lot farther west than Arlington Texas is. And, yes I said Arlington Texas.

SweetZombieJesus
05-27-2012, 10:29 AM

I can't find it on our MB but here's its sister on the Eagles mb:

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/546691-the-last-time-the-eggholes-won-a-championship/

And I apologize to Bread in advance, he's a cool guy and does not deserve what I did over there...

buffyblue
05-27-2012, 10:46 AM
That would make even less sense. Arizona is a lot farther west than Arlington Texas is. And, yes I said Arlington Texas.

Shut up animal. You are a Texans fan so you have no rights at all.

Bread
05-27-2012, 11:57 AM

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/546691-the-last-time-the-eggholes-won-a-championship/

And I apologize to Bread in advance, he's a cool guy and does not deserve what I did over there...

You're a Giants fan and a division rival so you talking smack is acceptable.

However, random Texans fans who have the same amount of rings as we do and has many less championships from a city vs city perspective is not.

This guy is on the EMB as well. Flamethrower, are you a Cowboys fan in disguise?

buffyblue
05-27-2012, 12:04 PM

However, random Texans fans who have the same amount of rings as we do and has many less championships from a city vs city perspective is not.

This guy is on the EMB as well. Flamethrower, are you a Cowboys fan in disguise?

Flamethrower is an idiot that is too stupid to disguise anything.

buffyblue
05-27-2012, 12:04 PM

Sarcasman
05-27-2012, 11:22 PM

You can say that again.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-28-2012, 01:47 AM

You can say that again.

LMAO the Lakers hahahaha

sharick88
07-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Watching some of the Twilight Zone marathon on the 4th of July made me think about the last time the eagles won a title for some weird reason. It HAS been that long.

jomo
07-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm too old to remember that far back!</P>

(sounds like a phrase coined by Yogi Berra but I just made that one up) [:D]</P>

Joe Morrison
07-07-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm too old to remember that far back!</P>

(sounds like a phrase coined by Yogi Berra but I just made that one up) [:D]</P>

</P>

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/548234_332679926816913_1346872993_n.jpg</P>

How Bout those Birds?</P>

miked1958
07-07-2012, 05:15 PM

27+8 = 35 championships.* Take that away and you got 1 (Jets) + 2 (Mets) + 2 (Knicks) + 4 (Rangers) + 4 (Islanders) + 3 (Devils) = 16.*

The Eagles spell at the end of their fight song too.
Yep and the gmen gave the NY area Titles 50 and 51 with their recent SB wins in 07 and 11.

I stand corrected.. Gmen got titles 49 and 51. The Yankees got the 50th Title for NY in 09

gradstang
07-07-2012, 06:05 PM
THEY ALREADY WON THE NFC EAST ALREADY IF ANYBODY DIDNT KNOW IT YET!

sharick88
07-15-2012, 07:58 PM
THEY ALREADY WON THE NFC EAST ALREADY IF ANYBODY DIDNT KNOW IT YET!

I think I heard about that on BSPN the other day......

FeaglesPuntsEaglesRunts
07-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Haha, I made a thread detailing what life was like back when the Eagles won their last championship once. I wonder if it's still around.