PDA

View Full Version : The Giants Running Game Will Be In High Gear

BlueBlitzer
05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
The Giants have sent a clear message to their Fans, and soon to the rest of the NFL. We intend to Run the Ball. Getting a Blocking TE from Dallas and Drafting a Blocking TE, to join Bear Pascoe. Make no mistake, with Bradshaw and Wilson in the same backfield. The Giants will be primed to tote that rock.

bigjeep
05-15-2012, 08:21 PM
The Giants have sent a clear message to their Fans, and soon to the rest of the NFL. We intend to Run the Ball. Getting a Blocking TE from Dallas and Drafting a Blocking TE, to join Bear Pascoe. Make no mistake, with Bradshaw and Wilson in the same backfield. The Giants will be primed to tote that rock.

The running game will still take a back seat to Manning's passing attack! Go with what works the best!

BlueBlitzer
05-15-2012, 08:26 PM
You can watch any NFL game. If the Back is gaining good yardage and making 1st Downs they will keep handing it off until the other team stops them.

giantsfan420
05-15-2012, 10:50 PM
I think defenses will focus on our pass game and that should open up the run game. Could easily see eli checking to run plays a lot this season. Back em off with ur deadly passing attack, get up a td, keep on passing when its there but run it when defenses have to sell out to defend the pass...

I could see bradshaw, wilson and scott all having their owj big days...and a lot of them. I agree op good post

radar-ray
05-15-2012, 11:26 PM
You can watch any NFL game. If the Back is gaining good yardage and making 1st Downs they will keep handing it off until the other team stops them.Agree for the most part. There are exceptions.

Spizi
05-15-2012, 11:44 PM
I think defenses will focus on our pass game and that should open up the run game

Exactly why I think Wilson will be so successful. It's almost how Shady McCoy benefits from how deadly the eagle's passing game can be.

BlueSanta
05-15-2012, 11:59 PM
You can watch any NFL game. If the Back is gaining good yardage and making 1st Downs they will keep handing it off until the other team stops them.Agree for the most part. There are exceptions. like the saints , eagles and cowboys.

Ive seen each of those teams forget to run the ball when they needed to the most.

JMFP2
05-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Alot will depend on whether the line improves from last season.</P>

Jon6777
05-16-2012, 01:49 AM
I've seen some comparisons of Wilson to Jamaal Charles. Hopefully he will learn the pass protection and we will have an extremely good RB. The shotgun draw to him could actually be dangerous!

Captain Chaos
05-16-2012, 05:04 AM

You would have made a much more compelling argument if you talked about the O line, which I think was one of the reasons whay we were not that successful last year. Just my opinion.

SweetZombieJesus
05-16-2012, 06:05 AM
Only if the O-line can be transformed and play at a much higher level than they have for the last few years.

On this all depends.

jomo
05-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Only if the O-line can be transformed and play at a much higher level than they have for the last few years.

On this all depends.
[Y]

Mercury
05-16-2012, 07:50 AM
Last year the Oline was banged up. Snee was a shell of himself. Baas gave people a bad taste to start with, because he was learning the ropes without an offseason to get ready, then he had injuries. But he came on at the end of the season, and I look forward to him continuing to earn his fat paychecks. Diehl had a broken hand. KMac lost another step. Beatty, torn retina, out for the season. There was very little continuity on the Oline, and it showed. We were fortunate that the backups played well. Boothe was the key to our success. And players recovering from they're injuries made it possible to make a post season run.

This year, I think we will see improvement. They will have time to work with each other and get in sync. We have Beatty back at LT. He may not be a mauler in the run game, but he can handle the elite pass rushers. KMac is gone, and we have a committee to fight for his position. Someone will step up with their play and nail down the RT spot. Brewer? Diehl? Locklear? May the best man win.

Finally, those blocking TEs, Bennett and Robinson!! Expect to see them seal the edges and our speedy running backs to turn the corner. I can't wait to see it unfold.

Antwuan
05-16-2012, 07:58 AM
That would depend on the improvement of the O-Line. The running game could be a major improvement if the O-Line improves and have 2 TE's that can block will certainly help.

Snappinnecks
05-16-2012, 08:00 AM

On this all depends.
[Y]

Gotta second this one. Hopefully these two draft picks can step in and get some play time.

Toadofsteel
05-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Baas gave people a bad taste to start with, because he was learning the ropes without an offseason to get ready, then he had injuries.* But he came on at the end of the season, and I look forward to him continuing to earn his fat paychecks.

There is something to be said about this. Baas was able to take on Wilfork one-on-one multiple times in the super bowl... successfully.

buddy33
05-16-2012, 08:22 AM
I was not happy with Baas but he did come in a lock out year and he was injured. I like Beatty but his problem is staying healthy. I think Snee is still good but was surrounded by sub par play wih Baas and KMac.

BlueBlitzer
05-16-2012, 07:51 PM
You would have to think that the Giants Brass, while looking at the NFC-Championship game. If and when we go up against these guys again, we'll have to run the ball effectively to win.

slipknottin
05-16-2012, 08:05 PM
the giants drafted a blocking TE? Que?

RoanokeFan
05-16-2012, 08:08 PM

It's a little soon to be elevating Wilson, no?

NorwoodBlue
05-16-2012, 08:15 PM
I love the constant whining we see about the O-line and the running game. Once Bradshaw got healthy, and they started their playoff run the team averaged 116 yds per game rushing, and still were able to pass the ball almost at will. My personal observation about the rushing game is that Brandon Jacobs only really had a fire burning in a couple games last year, other than that he played very poorly, and got wrapped up on first contact. If he'd have converted a few more first downs rushing, the whole running game picture would have been much different. I really like O-line, and think they've got a good future. Young guys like Petrus and Brewer are going to contribute soon, and Beatty should just keep getting better. I love guys ragging on Diehl, ya he played terrible, we only won two super bowls with him playing out of position. The o-line did have injuries; but the lack luster play of some of the backs was not a result of o-line play, it was the result of poor cutbacks, east-west running, and zero yards after contact. Wilson is definitely going to help, and I'd really like to see a power back that can pick up a first down once in a while too.

BlueBlitzer
05-16-2012, 09:09 PM
Running back is one of the few positions in football, That do not need years, months, or even weeks to develop. They can explode in week one. As they say " It's not that Complicated ".

BlueBlitzer
05-16-2012, 09:13 PM
the giants drafted a blocking TE? Que?

All we've heard about Robinson, is His blocking ability. ( Granted He could become the next Zeke Mowatt ) But thats what I meant about Drafting a blocking TE.

JJC7301
05-16-2012, 11:31 PM

The running game will still take a back seat to Manning's passing attack! Go with what works the best!
I agree. I want a dominant running game, but Eli and the passing game will take the lead because they were so excellent last year.

But I want to be able to beat a team through the run game if need be, so our o-line had better be up to the task.

JMFP2
05-16-2012, 11:40 PM
The Giants have sent a clear message to their Fans, and soon to the rest of the NFL. We intend to Run the Ball. Getting a Blocking TE from Dallas and Drafting a Blocking TE, to join Bear Pascoe. Make no mistake, with Bradshaw and Wilson in the same backfield. The Giants will be primed to tote that rock. The running game will still take a back seat to Manning's passing attack! Go with what works the best! I agree. I want a dominant running game, but Eli and the passing game will take the lead because they were so excellent last year. But I want to be able to beat a team through the run game if need be, so our o-line had better be up to the task.</P>

True.</P>

Yes, the team won the Super Bowl.....but they made the playoffs by a whisker, and a weak running game would have been the story of last season if they had missed the playoffs.</P>