PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances, the Giants keep 2 FB?????

Breezely
05-16-2012, 09:14 PM
What are the chances the Giants keep two fullbacks? I am a Hynocerus fan but Mar-teen-nek looks like Jacobs 2.0. Yeah, it's college and yeah, it's the Big East . . . . But geez!!!!!! Hynoski and Martinek in the backfield, 3rd and 3, Eli hikes the ball.......8 yard gain. Okay, I'm dreaming!!! But what if?????

Beast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87EG1RgZBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player)

NorwoodBlue
05-16-2012, 09:29 PM
ZERO, Martinek will be kept as a RB if he's kept at all. His only chance to sticking with the team is a the short yardage back, something we do desperately need. Congress passed a law back in 1980 that makes it illegal for a Giant fullback to run the ball.

MattyD21
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
i can see joe martinek playing a flex RB/FB technically we dont have a "power back " which has been instrumental for the past few years

zimonami
05-16-2012, 09:37 PM
ZERO, Martinek will be kept as a RB if he's kept at all.* His only chance to sticking with the team is a the short yardage back, something we do desperately need.* Congress passed a law back in 1980 that makes it illegal for a Giant fullback to run the ball.

+1

Breezely
05-16-2012, 09:39 PM
ZERO, Martinek will be kept as a RB if he's kept at all.* His only chance to sticking with the team is a the short yardage back, something we do desperately need.* Congress passed a law back in 1980 that makes it illegal for a Giant fullback to run the ball.

LMAO!!!!!! I guess it was evolution of the game. I believe some teams might do without a fullback or have them on the team but don't really utilize them.

Generally, i don't know his true title but I wouldn't mind seeing some sort of short yardage package with him and Hynoski!

G-Man67
05-16-2012, 11:54 PM
yeah i'm tired of all this 25 yards to Nicks, 30 yards to Cruz craziness

time to go back to the Single Wing offense and Hyno and Jersey Joe

thankfully fans are just fans

in all seriousness, you guys have to realize that you need a couple guys at each position in camp to cover all the reps ...

miked1958
05-17-2012, 12:07 AM

I don't see them keeping an extra guy as a situational player. Even though we are weak in that area. U got AB, Wilson, Scott, Hynoski. I think joe has outside chance to make it as they should cut Ware and brown. However with all the TEs and WRs we will have in camp I don't know if they will have room to keep joe.

miked1958
05-17-2012, 12:08 AM
But odds our one of the 3 (brown who starts out on 4 GM suspension, ware and joe) will start out on pup or practice squad as insurance

jomo
05-17-2012, 12:11 AM
ZERO, Martinek will be kept as a RB if he's kept at all. His only chance to sticking with the team is a the short yardage back, something we do desperately need. Congress passed a law back in 1980 that makes it illegal for a Giant fullback to run the ball.

I don't see them keeping an extra guy as a situational player. Even though we are weak in that area. U got AB, Wilson, Scott, Hynoski. I think joe has outside chance to make it as they should cut Ware and brown. However with all the TEs and WRs we will have in camp I don't know if they will have room to keep joe.If we make him a TE or Hback, he's already ahead of Beckum. [;)]</P>

I like Hank and also like what I see from Joe (more speed and diversity than Hynoski).</P>

These are what are known as good problems.</P>

JJC7301
05-17-2012, 12:29 AM
i can see joe martinek playing a flex RB/FB technically we dont have a "power back " which has been instrumental for the past few years

Why not dump Brown and keep Martinek if he actually shows something? Flexibility to play both RB/FB would be nice.

greenca190
05-17-2012, 01:35 AM

Why not dump Brown and keep Martinek if he actually shows something? Flexibility to play both RB/FB would be nice.

Why not wait until these guys are practicing with NFL veterans before deciding who to keep and cut.

RagTime Blue
05-17-2012, 02:59 AM

Why not wait until these guys are practicing with NFL veterans before deciding who to keep and cut.

Party pooper. We need to speculate to get our fix while there's no football to watch.

I think Brown is a goner. In my mind, I see Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, &amp; Scott (with Scott and Wilson slowly increasing in carries, and Bradshaw and Ware slowly decreasing them.

I think if Matinek looks good to the coaches, barring injury to one or more of our other backs, they try to stash him on the PS.

XxBigWhitxX
05-17-2012, 03:04 AM
What are the chances the Giants keep two fullbacks? I am a Hynocerus fan but Mar-teen-nek looks like Jacobs 2.0. Yeah, it's college and yeah, it's the Big East . . . . But geez!!!!!! Hynoski and Martinek in the backfield, 3rd and 3, Eli hikes the ball.......8 yard gain. Okay, I'm dreaming!!! But what if?????

Beast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87EG1RgZBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player)He actually looks like a really good 3rd down back. He picks up blitzes, can catch, and has speed and power.

MattyD21
05-17-2012, 03:37 AM

Beast (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l87EG1RgZBo&feature=youtube_gdata_player)He actually looks like a really good 3rd down back. He picks up blitzes, can catch, and has speed and power.

http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=3727025&t=o (http://gifsoup.com/view/3727025/jersey-joe.html) GIFSoup (http://gifsoup.com/)

BlueSanta
05-17-2012, 04:50 AM
If he cant do anything aside from play FB, it is doubtfull he makes the team. If he proves versatile enough to play other roles on the team like HB and special teams, he has a decent chance.

Captain Chaos
05-17-2012, 06:08 AM
I think it is unlikely. If you look add Bear Pascoe to the mix as an H-Back type, Hynoski a true FB and Martinek short yardage guy. I think Martinek chances are slim. If he has to compete with Ware and Brown, who are similar in size, then you have to say it is unlikely he will make the team at all. But no way 2 FBs.

TrueBlue@NYC
05-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Zerio chance of them keeping two pure FBs' on the roster. Especially since they can always move Bear to FB if hynoski gets hurt.

If he can play both FB and RB legitimately, then he may have a chance at the bottom of the roster like Ruben Droughns did back in 2007.

thomsoad
05-17-2012, 01:36 PM
Considering most teams dont even have a FB...id say below zero.

Martineks only shot honestly is to be a ST standout.

ANON837
05-18-2012, 09:40 AM
I wouldn't be shocked at all if they keep Martinek. He's a versatile player who they can plug in at ST, FB, and RB. His game film shows off his pass blocking, running, and receiving skills. I hope he pans out and is wearing the blue come Week 1.

G.I. Ants
05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Anything is possible considering how injuries is a big part of the game. Hynoski miss many games last year. Pascoe made this team because of his ability to stay healthy when the injury bug hit the team in the past 2 seasons. Would Bear make the final roster this year if Ballard and Beckum wasn't hurt.

nygsb42champs
05-18-2012, 10:49 AM
No chance at all.

river555
05-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Great question. I think Henry is definitely in. But Martinek brings some nice intangibles and would be a good addition. Will be interesting to see what happens.