PDA

View Full Version : Three Years From Now....

Shockeyitus
05-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Ruben Randle will be the #1 target for Eli and will be a pro-bowler.... Really excited about this kid.

GmenFan1980
05-16-2012, 08:53 PM
it would probably suck. it could mean both Nicks and Cruz are gone :/

miked1958
05-16-2012, 11:50 PM
it would probably suck. it could mean both Nicks and Cruz are gone :/Hope not. Got to find a way to resign them

Captain Chaos
05-17-2012, 05:12 AM
I will wait to see how he does in some of the pre season games, before I get overly excited. Are second round WR draft picks have been anything but good.

T.Rice57
05-17-2012, 08:12 AM
Ruben Randle will be the #1 target for Eli and will be a pro-bowler.... Really excited about this kid.

I think Nicks will remain our #1 for quite a while. I love Cruz, but am interested to see how well he does now that teams have film on him, and now that Nicks won't be the sole focus of our WR's.

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 08:49 AM
Ruben Randle will be the #1 target for Eli and will be a pro-bowler.... Really excited about this kid.</P>

First off, Eli is a pro bowl QB...</P>

Secondly, "This is a Nicks and Cruz game. Make them throw it Randle and Robinson." </P>

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 08:52 AM

I think Nicks will remain our #1 for quite a while. I love Cruz, but am interested to see how well he does now that teams have film on him, and now that Nicks won't be the sole focus of our WR's.
</P>

I dont get when people say that. "Teams now have film on him..." Uh, they did all last year. His talents can't be stopped by watching film on him. Ask Carlos Rodgers who said last season, "Its impossible to stop him." Cruz has option routes where he can run freely based off where the d is playing him. They push him inside and he goes out. They push him out and he goes in. </P>

Shockeystays08
05-17-2012, 09:14 AM
I wish I could share your excitement! I know Reese is a genius but he has made a bad pick here and there. Sintim, Dillard, Kiehl, but he's had more good picks than bad ( jury still out on last years class ) . But I have seen a good bit of Randle. He could of had Joe Montana throwing to him vs. Alabama it would not of mattered, he could not get open. Dre Kirkpatrick ate him up in both games not just the National Championship. His bigger games came vs. Arkansas and Florida and a few others with average coverage guys at best. Great players make plays in big games and his list is very short in that regard. So many here excited cause he caught the ball in shorts at a rookie camp vs. rookies. He had some drops some bobbled. Bing and a tryout kid made nice plays on Randle at camp. I see Jernigan having a chance to win the outside spot. Same measurables as Carolinas Steve Smith 5'9 185 and maybe even faster than Smith. I hope RR is the stud some predict. But I'm gonna see how he does vs. Webster, Thomas, Prince and Bada Bing!

FBomb
05-17-2012, 10:38 AM

</P>

I dont get when people say that. "Teams now have film on him..." Uh, they did all last year. His talents can't be stopped by watching film on him. Ask Carlos Rodgers who said last season, "Its impossible to stop him." Cruz has option routes where he can run freely based off where the d is playing him. They push him inside and he goes out. They push him out and he goes in. </P>

</P>

You and I rarely agree, but when we do it's magic!![;)]</P>

Shockeyitus
05-17-2012, 04:41 PM
Ruben Randle will be the #1 target for Eli and will be a pro-bowler.... Really excited about this kid.</P>

First off, Eli is a pro bowl QB...</P>

Secondly, "This is a Nicks and Cruz game. Make them throw it Randle and Robinson." </P>

Who said Eli wasn't a Pro Bowler?...You're misreading the post. Randle will be a pro bowler.

Drez
05-17-2012, 04:59 PM

</p>

I dont get when people say that. "Teams now have film on him..." Uh, they did all last year. His talents can't be stopped by watching film on him. Ask Carlos Rodgers who said last season, "Its impossible to stop him." Cruz has option routes where he can run freely based off where the d is playing him. They push him inside and he goes out. They push him out and he goes in. </p>
Well, teams now have a whole season's worth of film on him and an offseason in which to dissect it, so yeah, people now have film on him. It'll be easier for teams to discern his tendencies now that they've had several more months to study it.

To your point about asking Rodgers about covering him, that's more our scheme than Cruz' pure talent. Granted, you have to be smart enough to properly diagnose the reads/defense, and then be physically skilled enough to pull it off, but I still say that's more on scheme than Cruz himself.

miked1958
05-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I wish I could share your excitement! I know Reese is a genius but he has made a bad pick here and there. Sintim, Dillard, Kiehl, but he's had more good picks than bad ( jury still out on last years class ) . But I have seen a good bit of Randle. He could of had Joe Montana throwing to him vs. Alabama it would not of mattered, he could not get open. Dre Kirkpatrick ate him up in both games not just the National Championship. His bigger games came vs. Arkansas and Florida and a few others with average coverage guys at best. Great players make plays in big games and his list is very short in that regard. So many here excited cause he caught the ball in shorts at a rookie camp vs. rookies. He had some drops some bobbled. Bing and a tryout kid made nice plays on Randle at camp. I see Jernigan having a chance to win the outside spot. Same measurables as Carolinas Steve Smith 5'9 185 and maybe even faster than Smith. I hope RR is the stud some predict. But I'm gonna see how he does vs. Webster, Thomas, Prince and Bada Bing!We can add barden to that list and going back further Moss was a bust. However he has had more GEMS then BUSTS so as far as i am concered he is doing a great job

miked1958
05-17-2012, 07:26 PM
Sometimes its a crap shoot. your bound to have a few bad picks. Every team does

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 07:31 PM

Could we be getting a little ahead of ourselves?

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 07:37 PM

They had film on Cruz last year and, while he was blanketed during the Super Bowl, he still caught a TD. Having film and being able to effectively defend Nicks and Cruz ate two very different things.

Cruz has a way of making the most out of his talents. He and Nicks should serve us well for years to come.

Seducer
05-18-2012, 02:17 PM

</P>

Well, teams now have a whole season's worth of film on him and an offseason in which to dissect it, so yeah, people now have film on him. It'll be easier for teams to discern his tendencies now that they've had several more months to study it.

To your point about asking Rodgers about covering him, that's more our scheme than Cruz' pure talent. Granted, you have to be smart enough to properly diagnose the reads/defense, and then be physically skilled enough to pull it off, but I still say that's more on scheme than Cruz himself.
</P>

What I remember hearing Carlos Rogers say was "..I can't cover no option route...", so yeah I'd say more about the our offense and sight adjustments made on the fly.</P>

nygsb42champs
05-18-2012, 02:22 PM
Where would Nicks and Cruz be?

Antwuan
05-18-2012, 03:04 PM
I will not be happy if the Giants don't re-sign Nicks & Cruz.

NYG1984
05-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I will not be happy if the Giants don't re-sign Nicks & Cruz.

this... especially Nicks... thats my WR! :starts crying like TO: its unfair! dont let Nicks ever hit Free Agency