PDA

View Full Version : 2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 03:48 PM
2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/14/2011s-best-performances-4-3-defensive-ends/)

Excerpt: "<span>2t. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York
Giants: <span>Week 13 at Green
Bay(+11.6)</span></span>
JPP proved plenty capable of making the big plays, but if he had a criticism,
it was that he didnít take over as many games as his talent (and the hype) would
suggest. That wasnít the case against Green Bay where Pierre-Paul was too much
for Marshall Newhouse, picking up a sack, three hits, and five pressures against
the Packersí left tackle. Pierre-Paul was also responsible for two batted passes
and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game." Read more...

NYFan221
05-17-2012, 03:58 PM
2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES: 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/14/2011s-best-performances-4-3-defensive-ends/)

Bay(+11.6)</span></span>
it was that he didnít take over as many games as his talent (and the hype) would
for Marshall Newhouse, picking up a sack, three hits, and five pressures against
the Packersí left tackle. Pierre-Paul was also responsible for two batted passes
and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game." Read more...

I'm surprised they didn't choose the cowboy game where he blocked the FG... he was like a one man show that game.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 04:03 PM

Bay(+11.6)</span></span>

I'm surprised they didn't choose the cowboy game where he blocked the FG... he was like a one man show that game.

This guy hasn't hit his stride yet. It will be harder to pick put single games I hope.

NYFan221
05-17-2012, 04:13 PM
I hope we draft/sign/trade for a really good really young DE within the next 1-2 seasons so we can have another top tier end to line up across from JPP, since Tuck's getting older, and Osi is likely gone soon. I LOVE having a sick D-Line.

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 04:16 PM
I hope we draft/sign/trade for a really good really young DE within the next 1-2 seasons so we can have another top tier end to line up across from JPP, since Tuck's getting older, and Osi is likely gone soon. I LOVE having a sick D-Line.
</P>

If we dont, we wont be winning the SB anytime soon. Kinda like the 90s when all of a sudden we lost our LBs and switched to the 4-3. It took a long time to adapt and figure out how to play that style. </P>

BeatYale
05-17-2012, 05:06 PM
2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES:* 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/14/2011s-best-performances-4-3-defensive-ends/)

Excerpt:* "<span>2t. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York
Bay*(+11.6)</span></span>
and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game."* Read more...

I was thinking the same thing.

Neverend
05-17-2012, 05:18 PM
No Cowboys game? He was an absolute monster in that game

CGYgiant
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM

I thought so too. Apparently his pass rush was not consistent:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/13/re-focused-giants-cowboys-week-14/

shotcalla39
05-19-2012, 03:26 AM
2011'S BEST PERFORMANCES:* 4-3 DEFENSIVE ENDS (http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/05/14/2011s-best-performances-4-3-defensive-ends/)

Excerpt:* "<span>2t. Jason Pierre-Paul, New York
Bay*(+11.6)</span></span>
and his two tackles for losses highlighted his work in the run game."* Read more...

Exactly... Just goes to show the websites formulas (and the hype) aren't accurate as they suggest

Rat_bastich
05-19-2012, 05:18 AM

Apparently they were not paying attention to that being a must win game and JPP carrying the team on his shoulders. If the guy could've ran a kick off back or thrown a ball and caught it himself, he would have that game. That is the game that defined JPP in the NFL and showed his motor. He was everywhere.

Hell, I'm surprised he wasn't reffing, coaching and calling the game from the box.

TheAussieGiant
05-19-2012, 05:24 AM
It doesn't matter whether JPP improves or not, he is already a beast.

But to think that he is still so young and time to get better........scary for opposing QBs, I hope this man stays a giant for a long long itme.

RagTime Blue
05-19-2012, 05:44 AM

I thought so too. <font size="6">Apparently his pass rush was not consistent</font>:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/13/re-focused-giants-cowboys-week-14/

I agree with this. For every play he dominated, there also seemed to be a play where he did nothing, and I don't mean he didn't get to the quarterback. He literally did nothing. At times, he'd see he didn't beat his man off the snap, and then he'd just stop rushing, and hope for a pass-deflection.

Getting a pass deflection is great, but you don't just stare at a passer for 4 seconds waiting to jump up. You have to generate pressure.

Not saying he isn't our scariest defensive player right now. Just saying there are still glaring weaknesses in his game that highlight reels don't show.