PDA

View Full Version : osi for welker can it b done?

nymetsgio
05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Wondering if that deal can b remotely done. Maybe I'm just kidding I hate to see osi leave but would love to see welker here. Pppl let me no wat u think?

Morehead State
05-17-2012, 05:52 PM
Wondering if that deal can b remotely done. Maybe I'm just kidding I hate to see osi leave but would love to see welker here. Pppl let me no wat u think?</P>

You may have noticed that we have a pretty good slot receiver.</P>

Neverend
05-17-2012, 05:54 PM
Umm... yeah lol

Osi for Jake Long? maybe something like that instead

burier
05-17-2012, 05:55 PM
NO!

G.I. Ants
05-17-2012, 06:03 PM
In a word, NO

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0906/godzilla-facepalm-godzilla-facepalm-face-palm-epic-fail-demotivational-poster-1245384435.jpg

zimonami
05-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Osi for a good, starting OL, or starting LB would do it for me.
We're set at WR... we don't need Welker.

qndarius3
05-17-2012, 06:09 PM
LOL

MattyD21
05-17-2012, 06:14 PM
Since the message boards seem to be in a frenzy today i'll be the bad guy and throw some gas into the fire..
Id take Welker over Cruz any day and twice on sunday !

zimonami
05-17-2012, 06:16 PM
Since the message boards seem to be in a frenzy today i'll be the bad guy and throw some gas into the fire..
Welker hasn't many years left... Cruz's career is just beginning.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 06:17 PM
Wondering if that deal can b remotely done. Maybe I'm just kidding I hate to see osi leave but would love to see welker here. Pppl let me no wat u think?

# 1, we have, IMO, one of the, if not THE best WR tandem in the NFL now.

#2, Welker is very expensive and, unless it's a one year deal, we can't afford it

#3, we need Osi to play out his contract

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 06:19 PM

Which is why you are not the GM of the New York Football Giants. That is a very shortsighted perspective

GMENAGAIN
05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
Sigh . . . .

NYG4lifeNYK
05-17-2012, 06:36 PM
sigh........

MattyD21
05-17-2012, 06:49 PM

Which is why you are not the GM of the New York Football Giants.* That is a very shortsighted perspective

yes Welker just turned 31 (may 1st) but since i am the shortsighted perspective GM of the year, who wouldn't want a guy who has broken 1,000 yards 4 out of 5 years in New England and this most recent season had very close to 1,600 yrds. as for the age look at seasoned veterans like Donald Driver who is 37 and still playing at an elite level ( great catches against us in regular season) Welker easily has 4 to 5 years left in him
(Remember im just playing bad cop)

GIANTSACK
05-17-2012, 06:53 PM

Which is why you are not the GM of the New York Football Giants.* That is a very shortsighted perspective

yes Welker just turned 31 (may 1st) but since i am the shortsighted perspective GM of the year, who wouldn't want a guy who has broken 1,000 yards 4 out of 5 years in New England and this most recent season had very close to 1,600 yrds. as for the age look at seasoned veterans like Donald Driver who is 37 and still playing at an elite level ( great catches against us in regular season) Welker easily has 4 to 5 years left in him

Welker is a good player in a great system. When welker went down edleman came and had good success.. Cruz can straight up snag the ball out of defender hands.. Cruz hands down. Age does help

nevada11
05-17-2012, 06:55 PM
Umm... yeah lol

Osi for Jake Long? maybe something like that instead

thats a stupid trade as well

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 07:04 PM

Which is why you are not the GM of the New York Football Giants. That is a very shortsighted perspective

Wanting Welker is one thing, getting rid of Cruz to get him is just not a sound move.

SweetZombieJesus
05-17-2012, 07:10 PM
With that dropped pass in the Super Bowl I thought he was already playing for the Giants.

ouch

Mohann
05-17-2012, 07:35 PM

Welker over Cruz? Age alone makes this a bad idea. Are you sure you're not playing dumb cop?

paul007
05-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Ithink the Giants have a real good shot at repeating with Osi.

However, that said, if i had to get rid of him, which i doubt we have to do, the only players i would consider exploring are:

1) Osi for OL Jake Long
2) Osi fro CB Revis (Honestly we dont need him cuz i feel we are set with a deep core of CBs).

TuckYou
05-17-2012, 07:48 PM
wow. Put this one in the worst threads ever category.</P>

BlueSanta
05-17-2012, 08:12 PM
Heh, so silly.

Who looks at our team and says "you know what we need....? A slot reciever. "

FBomb
05-18-2012, 12:50 AM
Since the message boards seem to be in a frenzy today i'll be the bad guy and throw some gas into the fire.. Id take Welker over Cruz any day and twice on sunday !</P>

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17vluBuls3z-LFQrTBnrwce17laRhufmZ6Uv6TgGSqwjBhqyQ</P>

C1010
05-18-2012, 12:53 AM
Please step away from the keyboard....

radar-ray
05-18-2012, 12:56 AM
Can I trade you for Dennis Rodman!

MattyD21
05-18-2012, 02:32 AM
Since the message boards seem to be in a frenzy today i'll be the bad guy and throw some gas into the fire.. Id take Welker over Cruz any day and twice on sunday !</P>

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS17vluBuls3z-LFQrTBnrwce17laRhufmZ6Uv6TgGSqwjBhqyQ</P>

i bet thats what your wife looks like LMAO, anyways thanks for being a jerkoff and not getting the debate i was going for

rcrane082985
05-18-2012, 05:38 AM

Welker over Cruz? Age alone makes this a bad idea. Are you sure you're not playing dumb cop?

I think when he said cop, the dumb part was assumed :P, i joke i joke

Captain Chaos
05-18-2012, 05:55 AM

#2, Welker is very expensive and, unless it's a one year deal, we can't afford it

#3,* we need Osi to play out his contract

Lets trade a reasonable contract for a high priced contract for a position that we don't really need. I would say let Osi play out his contract or extend him.

BlueBlooded1979
05-18-2012, 06:02 AM
GMs pay for what they think a guy will do in the future not what he has already done.

Potential > Past performance
Cruz > Welker

FBomb
05-18-2012, 10:18 AM

i bet thats what your wife looks like LMAO, anyways thanks for being a jerkoff and not getting the debate i was going for</P>

Wow!!! What's next...."Your mama's so fat....." jokes? You didn't get a debate because the idea is stupid and unworthy ofdebate.You responding like an 8 year old only proves the point. It's a dumb idea and you're a big poopyhead!</P>

Cruz is young with his full career in front of him and great upside.....Welker is 31 andon the downside of his career.</P>

I know it's difficult, but can you at least THINK before you post? Maybe then you will have something worth debating...maybe.</P>

nygsb42champs
05-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Why do we need Welker and if we do not want to pay Osi what makes you think we are going pay Welker what he wants?

FBomb
05-18-2012, 10:51 AM
btw......didn't Welker sign his franchise tenure recently?

MikeIsaGiant
05-18-2012, 10:51 AM
What?

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 10:53 AM

Not even short sighted its just plain dumb. Wes Welker is a possession receiver a great 1 but nonetheless a stick mover. Victor Cruz is an explosive play maker. Victor Cruz was 3rd in the NFL in Yards per reception at 18.7 while Welker was 61st at 12.9. Welker needed 50 more targets to have 30 more yards then Cruz. I dont know about U but I will take the guy who can make a guy miss and be a game changer in a close game rather then the guy that just gets the first down.

Here is exactly why Id rather have Cruz

2;27 left in the first half. The Giants trail 7-3 and have done nothing all day on offense. Its 3rd and 10 from their own 1 yard line as Daryl Johnston says "U gotta get some positive yards just so u can punt the ball at a normal distance." Wes Welker makes that catch the play goes for 12 yards and a first down. VIctor Cruz makes that catch its a 99 yard TD that changed the Giants season. Even if the Giants struggle on offense all it takes is 1 play with Cruz to score. Wes Welker needs a QB to make the plays for him Cruz just needs the ball

Flip Empty
05-18-2012, 01:40 PM

Not even short sighted its just plain dumb. Wes Welker is a possession receiver a great 1 but nonetheless a stick mover. Victor Cruz is an explosive play maker. Victor Cruz was 3rd in the NFL in Yards per reception at 18.7 while Welker was 61st at 12.9. Welker needed 50 more targets to have 30 more yards then Cruz. I dont know about U but I will take the guy who can make a guy miss and be a game changer in a close game rather then the guy that just gets the first down.

2;27 left in the first half. The Giants trail 7-3 and have done nothing all day on offense. Its 3rd and 10 from their own 1 yard line as Daryl Johnston says "U gotta get some positive yards just so u can punt the ball at a normal distance." Wes Welker makes that catch the play goes for 12 yards and a first down. VIctor Cruz makes that catch its a 99 yard TD that changed the Giants season. Even if the Giants struggle on offense all it takes is 1 play with Cruz to score. Wes Welker needs a QB to make the plays for him Cruz just needs the ball
Poor example. Welker also scored on a 99yd run last season.

Mod_C
05-18-2012, 01:47 PM

#3, we need Osi to play out his contract

Lets trade a reasonable contract for a high priced contract for a position that we don't really need. I would say let Osi play out his contract or extend him.

I think this is what Jerry Reese is trying to do. I think it's more complicated because Osi seeems to be unwilling to negotiate, preferring to stand his ground as to his actual value. We'll see what happens.

Drez
05-18-2012, 01:50 PM

Poor example. Welker also scored on a 99yd run last season.
Yes, he did. But, he didn't do anything special to do it. It was just ****ty coverage. He just caught the ball and ran straight ahead. Any mediocre WR in the NFL would have scored on that play.

Where was the something special Welker did on this play? The stiff arm? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jINQ9LZKfAc

G-Man67
05-18-2012, 03:38 PM
oh god, i wont even address that silliness</P>

you know these players have a somewhat similar situation .... both players have been dominant at their respective positions, both players are 30-31, both players have had big injuries and both players really want one last lucrative contract</P>

but their teams arent so sure</P>

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 03:43 PM

<font color="#0000FF">Not even short sighted its just plain dumb</font>. Wes Welker is a possession receiver a great 1 but nonetheless a stick mover. Victor Cruz is an explosive play maker. Victor Cruz was 3rd in the NFL in Yards per reception at 18.7 while Welker was 61st at 12.9. Welker needed 50 more targets to have 30 more yards then Cruz. I dont know about U but I will take the guy who can make a guy miss and be a game changer in a close game rather then the guy that just gets the first down.

Short sighted sounds nicer [;)]

Rudyy
05-18-2012, 03:43 PM
We don't even need Welker..

Diamondring
05-18-2012, 05:06 PM

Welker is a good player in a great system. When welker went down edleman came and had good success.. Cruz can straight up snag the ball out of defender hands.. Cruz hands down. Age does helpHey, I like your name because it made me Laugh. Giant Sack.

jomo
05-18-2012, 06:54 PM
Wondering if that deal can b remotely done. Maybe I'm just kidding I hate to see osi leave but would love to see welker here. Pppl let me no wat u think?I reserve this response for a select group of threads......................Silly rabbit!