PDA

View Full Version : Dj Ware will surprise this year...

BigBluePoint
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
The majority of you don't like him.

I do.

If he stays healthy, I think he's going to do great things this year.

I've always seen something lurking there (in a positive way). It just needs the chance to come out.

Remember Derrick Ward. I think DJ can come out of nowhere just like he did.

We'll see. It's all a crap shoot depending on injuries and opportunity.

Antwuan
05-17-2012, 05:33 PM
I doubt DJ Ware will see much of an opportunity this year with David Wilson being the backup to Ahmad Bradshaw.

BigBluePoint
05-17-2012, 05:45 PM
I disagree. Ware is a good receiver and blitz blocker. I believe Wilson will be a game changer, but will ease into our offense. Ware will get his chances provided he stays healthy and doesn't fumble. We've invested a lot of time in him. Time for that investment to pay off.

giantsfan420
05-17-2012, 05:54 PM
I will say this, i think he will too. Its a cant miss, either we get surprised and hes cut, or we get surprised bc he plays better...

And i honestly do wxpect a new and improved ware. I read an article about how after the reg season ended, he would take off two months or so, like a complete break from the game...
he said this offseason, hes gonna take off a few weeks, and work on improving his agility and stuff.
Im not expecting ware to suddenly be a special featured back, just saying im expecting some nice runs, like actual highlight type runs lol, dont think hes ever had one yet (unless u count the 2pt conv. Vs gb in the reg season...)

Martyr
05-17-2012, 05:56 PM
Dj Ware fan club!</P>

pdladder
05-17-2012, 06:13 PM
I have always liked this guy, he just couldnīt stay on the field. I am happy with our backs and w eknow Ahmad wonīt play every game so DJ will get his share of touches and I would love to see Scott take a step forward this year as well. He didnīt have a proper camp last year and maybe Iīm overly optimistic, but I like our backs and feel we can really do some damage this year. I think for the first half of the year, depending on injuries, weīll see Ahmad with the majority and DJ and Wilson splitting the rest.

For the first time in many years I am not so panicked about any position, except the 3rd wide receiver and God forbid Nicks or Cruz goes down for a few games and I think we are going to be in trouble. I like Randle a lot, but I like him behind two double teamed wide receivers. I really hope JJ and become a Cruz clone in the slot and give the offense some flexibility. I havenīt forgotten about Hixon but two ACLīs are hard to come back from.

Spizi
05-17-2012, 06:42 PM
ha

G.I. Ants
05-17-2012, 06:49 PM
People liked his best when he was called Danny Ware, lol. Seriously, I think people go overboard complaining about the guy, I mean he is just the 3 string rb on the team. When his # was called last year, he stepped up and helped his team go on to win the big one. This year though, Brown &amp; Scott have a year under their belt and are looking to make an impact so we'll see what happens in the preseason.

miked1958
05-17-2012, 07:19 PM
I will say this, i think he will too. Its a cant miss, either we get surprised and hes cut, or we get surprised bc he plays better... And i honestly do wxpect a new and improved ware. I read an article about how after the reg season ended, he would take off two months or so, like a complete break from the game... he said this offseason, hes gonna take off a few weeks, and work on improving his agility and stuff. Im not expecting ware to suddenly be a special featured back, just saying im expecting some nice runs, like actual highlight type runs lol, dont think hes ever had one yet (unless u count the 2pt conv. Vs gb in the reg season...)</P>

Well someone wont make it out of camp. You have AB, the number one choice Wilson and I think they will give Scott a chance to show what hes got this season so he makes the roster as well. That leaves Joe M, and DJ Ware. I think they only keep one. We already have Hynowski at FB so it looks like Ware and Joe compete for that last spot</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
05-17-2012, 07:21 PM
He'll surprise us by making the practice squad. This guy would be a good running back in the CFL with his style. He just isn't that good...

craigjr007
05-17-2012, 07:40 PM
please....just stop right there

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 07:43 PM
I doubt DJ Ware will see much of an opportunity this year with David Wilson being the backup to Ahmad Bradshaw.

We don't yet know who the back up to Bradshaw is.

yoeddy
05-17-2012, 07:45 PM

*I do.

I've always seen something lurking there (in a positive way). It just needs the chance to come out.

I agree

yoeddy
05-17-2012, 07:47 PM
I will say this, i think he will too. Its a cant miss, either we get surprised and hes cut, or we get surprised bc he plays better... And i honestly do wxpect a new and improved ware. I read an article about how after the reg season ended, he would take off two months or so, like a complete break from the game... he said this offseason, hes gonna take off a few weeks, and work on improving his agility and stuff. Im not expecting ware to suddenly be a special featured back, just saying im expecting some nice runs, like actual highlight type runs lol, dont think hes ever had one yet (unless u count the 2pt conv. Vs gb in the reg season...)</P>

Well someone wont make it out of camp. You have AB, the number one choice Wilson and I think they will give Scott a chance to show what hes got this season so he makes the roster as well. That leaves Joe M, and DJ Ware. I think they only keep one. We already have Hynowski at FB so it looks like Ware and Joe compete for that last spot</P>

I have much more faith in Ware than I do in Scott...

Rudyy
05-17-2012, 08:37 PM

What?

hungrrrry
05-17-2012, 08:43 PM

*I do.

You are dreaming!!! He rarely does alot when the starters are beat up...he only looks good near the end of games when Bradshaw and Jacobs were able to beat up defenses or our passing game ran defenses out of gas. When we need to rely on him, he was very ordinary.

Antwuan
05-17-2012, 08:45 PM

That maybe somewhat true but you don't draft a RB in the 1st round not to be at least a backup let alone a starter.

NorwoodBlue
05-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Ware actually showing some consistency and playing well would certainly be a surprise.

BeatYale
05-17-2012, 08:55 PM
I hope he doesn't play much. He seems to be on the bad end of some brutal, blindsided collisions on the field. He's had a few concussions already. I think he lacks that protective instinct that ball carriers need to have to stay safe on the field.

giantman8493
05-17-2012, 08:57 PM

*I do.

you thought wrong. he sucks.

RoanokeFan
05-17-2012, 08:58 PM
I will say this, i think he will too. Its a cant miss, either we get surprised and hes cut, or we get surprised bc he plays better... And i honestly do wxpect a new and improved ware. I read an article about how after the reg season ended, he would take off two months or so, like a complete break from the game... he said this offseason, hes gonna take off a few weeks, and work on improving his agility and stuff. Im not expecting ware to suddenly be a special featured back, just saying im expecting some nice runs, like actual highlight type runs lol, dont think hes ever had one yet (unless u count the 2pt conv. Vs gb in the reg season...)</p>

Well someone wont make it out of camp. You have AB, the number one choice Wilson and I think they will give Scott a chance to show what hes got this season so he makes the roster as well. That leaves Joe M, and DJ Ware. I think they only keep one. We already have Hynowski at FB so it looks like Ware and Joe compete for that last spot</p>

That's a no-brainer.

ShakeNBake
05-17-2012, 10:11 PM

That maybe somewhat true but you don't draft a RB in the 1st round not to be at least a backup let alone a starter.

I will be very disappointed if Ware is our #2 back at the beginning of the season, he is adequate but nothing special imo

miked1958
05-17-2012, 10:17 PM
I will say this, i think he will too. Its a cant miss, either we get surprised and hes cut, or we get surprised bc he plays better... And i honestly do wxpect a new and improved ware. I read an article about how after the reg season ended, he would take off two months or so, like a complete break from the game... he said this offseason, hes gonna take off a few weeks, and work on improving his agility and stuff. Im not expecting ware to suddenly be a special featured back, just saying im expecting some nice runs, like actual highlight type runs lol, dont think hes ever had one yet (unless u count the 2pt conv. Vs gb in the reg season...)</p>

Well someone wont make it out of camp. You have AB, the number one choice Wilson and I think they will give Scott a chance to show what hes got this season so he makes the roster as well. That leaves Joe M, and DJ Ware. I think they only keep one. We already have Hynowski at FB so it looks like Ware and Joe compete for that last spot</p>

That's a no-brainer.*
Wow! Over 54k on posts... SICK!

miked1958
05-17-2012, 10:20 PM

I have much more faith in Ware than I do in Scott...We know what Ware can do.. We really don't know what Scott can do couple fumbles in regular season and a couple monster runs in preseason showing breakaway speed.. Kid needs good OPP to show what he can do

Roosevelt
05-17-2012, 10:32 PM

I do.

And I was hoping this was a legitimate post.

JJC7301
05-17-2012, 10:48 PM

*I do.

I'm in the majority -- I don't think he's effective.

myles2424
05-17-2012, 11:36 PM

I have much more faith in Ware than I do in Scott... your statment reminds me of the people that were arguing how Barden was going to break out & Cruz was nothing more than a preseason star after we lost Steve smith.....
Cruz & Scott "preseason stars " .......Barden & ware, bums that have done nothing special with the opportunities given....

gmen0820
05-17-2012, 11:48 PM
your statment reminds me of the people that were arguing how Barden was going to break out & Cruz was nothing more than a preseason star after we lost Steve smith.....
Cruz & Scott "preseason stars " .......Barden & ware, bums that have done nothing special with the opportunities given....Wait, you do realize DJ Ware is one of the biggest "preseason stars" on our team, right?

myles2424
05-18-2012, 02:07 AM
your statment reminds me of the people that were arguing how Barden was going to break out & Cruz was nothing more than a preseason star after we lost Steve smith.....
Cruz & Scott "preseason stars " .......Barden & ware, bums that have done nothing special with the opportunities given....Wait, you do realize DJ Ware is one of the biggest "preseason stars" on our team, right?
Yet when given real game time, he's done nothing other than those 2point conversions.....
When given game time Cruz dominated, scott hasn't got that shot yet to show how his game holds up when it counts, ware has had every opportunity to prove he's above average....

Drez
05-18-2012, 02:36 AM
your statment reminds me of the people that were arguing how Barden was going to break out &amp; Cruz was nothing more than a preseason star after we lost Steve smith.....
Cruz &amp; Scott "preseason stars " .......Barden &amp; ware, bums that have done nothing special with the opportunities given....Wait, you do realize DJ Ware is one of the biggest "preseason stars" on our team, right?
Yet when given real game time, he's done nothing other than those 2point conversions.....
When given game time Cruz dominated, scott hasn't got that shot yet to show how his game holds up when it counts, ware has had every opportunity to prove he's above average....
What? Ware only gets like 20 carries a season. What opportunities has he been given?

myles2424
05-18-2012, 03:09 AM
What? Ware only gets like 20 carries a season. What opportunities has he been given?
50 opportunities this past season/post season to be exact & not once was it interesting......don't be in denial.....

Captain Chaos
05-18-2012, 04:57 AM
I think DJ will play his last year as a Giant this year. They put him in on a number of recieving downs and he did OK.

MikeIsaGiant
05-18-2012, 09:59 AM
I bet Ware is our #3 RB who barely gets used come week 6-7.

Drez
05-18-2012, 12:55 PM
your statment reminds me of the people that were arguing how Barden was going to break out &amp; Cruz was nothing more than a preseason star after we lost Steve smith.....
Cruz &amp; Scott "preseason stars " .......Barden &amp; ware, bums that have done nothing special with the opportunities given....Wait, you do realize DJ Ware is one of the biggest "preseason stars" on our team, right?
50 opportunities this past season/post season to be exact &amp; not once was it interesting......don't be in denial.....
Wow, those 2.5 carries a game sure should be enough to be eye popping.

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 01:34 PM

If it isnt Wilson that isnt a good sign

nygsb42champs
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
He has had chances before and done nothing with them.

jomo
05-18-2012, 02:34 PM
His best qualities are that he doesn't fumble, he is good in pass protection and can catch the ball reasonably well (though he isn't dangerous at all after the catch).

Everything else is barely NFL level. IMO

G-Man67
05-18-2012, 02:41 PM
he knows what to do, which is important for us</P>

but i just don't see anything special from him ... i'd be interested to see his yards after contact ... i can't imagine it will wow anyone</P>

but the weight room is open for biz, so maybe he'll be a bit more bulky this year and maybe he can improve</P>

BigBlue1971
05-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Ware is capable and indicated that in the playoffs where he was somewhat consistent!</P>

if he can carry that over into this season who knows maybe we have a 3 headed monster in the backfield!</P>

its time he performed like a 2-time super bowl champion!</P>

Axels15
05-18-2012, 04:04 PM
I feel like I've heard this before...

Firenugget
05-18-2012, 07:18 PM
I don't dislike him. But he is what he is...a 3rd RB.

jomo
05-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I feel like I've heard this before...You have, this is just one of those topics! lol

miked1958
05-18-2012, 10:45 PM
Well in fairness he has only had the chance to be the 3rd running back. Nothing more do to having AB and BJ. Now he will get his chance in camp to prove he is worthy of more touches. We will see who shines. Will it be Scott, Wilson or ware behind AB

Toadofsteel
05-19-2012, 03:35 AM
I almost feel like we should convert this guy to FB... he seems to do better blocking than running with the ball...

Vtgmenfan89
05-19-2012, 11:43 AM
If our o-line doesn't step up no running back on this team will surprise anyone

bigjeep
05-19-2012, 05:53 PM

*I do.

I'll be shocked if he gets on the field!

BigBlue121
05-19-2012, 06:39 PM
Meh...dont really care much for Ware. I'd rather see Scott and Wilson ahead of him

B-Red22
05-19-2012, 07:11 PM
no he wont

Firenugget
05-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Well in fairness he has only had the chance to be the 3rd running back. Nothing more do to having AB and BJ. Now he will get his chance in camp to prove he is worthy of more touches. We will see who shines. Will it be Scott, Wilson or ware behind AB

What? He's been here how long now? How many camps? If he was as good or better than any of our top 2 RB's, he would have been our 1st or 2nd, not 3rd. He's serviceable, that's about it. Personally I think the only reason he got playing time over Scott last year is his knowledge of the offense and the fact that he is a good pass blocker.

chasjay
05-19-2012, 07:39 PM
I understand that you just have a "gut feeling" about Ware. I have those same "gut feelings" about players from time to time. Sometimes I'm right and sometimes I'm not.

I don't share your optimism on Ware, but I'd have no problem with your being right. I expect him to struggle for PT and maybe even a position - I base that on the investments we have in some of the other backs, and the time Ware has already had to distinguish himself.

Rat_bastich
05-19-2012, 08:33 PM

What? He's been here how long now? How many camps? If he was as good or better than any of our top 2 RB's, he would have been our 1st or 2nd, not 3rd. He's serviceable, that's about it. Personally I think the only reason he got playing time over Scott last year is his knowledge of the offense and the fact that he is a good pass blocker.

Agree, Ware, when given the opportunity, has not taken advantage of them. Scott came into a situation where he had a limited camp and no OTA's...and a fumble issue. With a full camp and offseason, I think Scott supplants Ware as the third down guy.