PDA

View Full Version : OSI...YOUR A JERK 2.0

NYGiantsFan56
05-17-2012, 10:31 PM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT.

miked1958
05-17-2012, 11:27 PM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT.Well have we heard his reason yet? I know there is a huge thread on this subject which is prob why no one but. Me has responded to it. In it it said that his agent maybe told him not to go

fizzlestick
05-17-2012, 11:32 PM
It's a ceremony to get a ring...I wouldn't go either.

gmen0820
05-17-2012, 11:33 PM
You're*

XxBigWhitxX
05-18-2012, 12:02 AM
you act like there getting a class ring. IT'S A SUPERBOWL CHAMPION RING! A ring many players bled and sweat for. A ring that some of the greatest in the game never won! there is no excuse.

FBomb
05-18-2012, 12:29 AM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbdJJNCkNiR0L6toSkqHwfgz1QuZ3uB vum1eKQWXkoLkdh0oaNoQ

radar-ray
05-18-2012, 12:37 AM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT.The guy is is in Germany. How do you know what his previous personal commitment was, besides the fact it's none of your business. It's off season. Did 100% of the team show up? You don't like Osi, just say so. Action on the field talks, and this BS walks!

chizz
05-18-2012, 12:47 AM
these players seem to hurt alot of people's feelings on here

fizzlestick
05-18-2012, 12:49 AM
you act like there getting a class ring. IT'S A SUPERBOWL CHAMPION RING! A ring many players bled and sweat for. A ring that some of the greatest in the game never won! there is no excuse.

They did it for the title and the excitement of winning and love of the game, not a piece of jewelry.

radar-ray
05-18-2012, 12:50 AM
these players seem to hurt alot of people's feelings on here Yes, they must have PMS.

SweetZombieJesus
05-18-2012, 01:09 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

Captain Chaos
05-18-2012, 06:00 AM
I think his team mates might feel that its his contract and he should do what he feels he needs to do and that has nothing to do with his relationship with team mates.

BlueBlooded1979
05-18-2012, 06:16 AM
Osi offseason: Act like a petulant child over his contract. Makes fun of Eagle players.

Osi in season: No contract talk, plays well on the field.

I can live with this type of player in this locker room.

He is weird with this stuff. He skipped the first parade because he went straight to the ProBowl instead of flying back to NY first.

Gimaniac
05-18-2012, 08:14 AM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT.Well have we heard his reason yet? I know there is a huge thread on this subject which is prob why no one but. Me has responded to it. In it it said that his agent maybe told him not to go

My bad, that should have been in red. I was using multiple sarcasm to rag on his agent, who may or may not have a hand in Osi's public tactics.

TuckYou
05-18-2012, 08:43 AM
Good God enough aleady guys.... Get your panties out of a bunch. </P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 09:09 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora
Who cares if he goes and picks up his ring. As long as Osi is on the edge knocking the ball out of the QB's hands for 4 million dollars I can care less what he does in the off season.

SweetZombieJesus
05-18-2012, 09:58 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora
Who cares if he goes and picks up his ring. As long as Osi is on the edge knocking the ball out of the QB's hands for 4 million dollars I can care less what he does in the off season.

How about when he doesn't show up for OTAs, doesn't show up to training camp and holds out, whines about his contract, demands a trade, calls the GM a liar, and then has knee surgery in late August causing him to miss the entire first month of the season and is only on the field for 9 games? How's that? And people are saying TUCK cherry-picked when he wanted to play?!?

I guess you could have said the same about cancers like Shockey, et al, "who cares as long as they produce on the field." We all know how that worked out for each and every one of them.

And it infects the locker room. JPP has already said he'd probably do the same thing Osi is doing if/when he wants more money. Great!

nhpgiantsfan
05-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career? Jeez, this is football folks. Who cares what Osi does in May. Let things play out. You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September.

ru_gmen55
05-18-2012, 10:15 AM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career?* Jeez, this is football folks.* Who cares what Osi does in May.* Let things play out.* You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September.

I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 10:17 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

How about when he doesn't show up for OTAs, doesn't show up to training camp and holds out, whines about his contract, demands a trade, calls the GM a liar, and then has knee surgery in late August causing him to miss the entire first month of the season and is only on the field for 9 games? How's that? And people are saying TUCK cherry-picked when he wanted to play?!?

I guess you could have said the same about cancers like Shockey, et al, "who cares as long as they produce on the field." We all know how that worked out for each and every one of them.

And it infects the locker room. JPP has already said he'd probably do the same thing Osi is doing if/when he wants more money. Great!

Don't waste your time, people on this board who continue to support Osi are either too dumb or blind no point in trying to convince these clowns like ****** ray and coach closet racist

FBomb
05-18-2012, 10:24 AM
I'm not a big fan of Osi's actions off the field, but this thread seems like a lot of clammering for something else to ***** about.</P>

NO ONE knows the circumstances of why he didn't go.</P>

yatitle
05-18-2012, 10:32 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

Winner, winner, chicken dinner

radar-ray
05-18-2012, 10:33 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

Don't waste your time, people on this board who continue to support Osi are either too dumb or blind no point in trying to convince these clowns like ****** ray and coach closet racist
The only clowns on here are people like you who have nothing better to do than to whine about every little thing that some player does that you don't like. The only opinion that matters when it comes to the players is the GM, TC, and teammates. Go take your Zoloft.

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 10:37 AM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

The only clowns on here are people like you who have nothing better to do than to whine about every little thing that some player does that you don't like. The only opinion that matters when it comes to the players is the GM, TC, and teammates. Go take your Zoloft.

Like anyone is going to change their opinion because some guy who has Osi's **** hanging from their mouth says so. You're a joke, go put your dunce cap back on and go back in the corner ******-ray.

nygsb42champs
05-18-2012, 10:44 AM
Osi was dead wrong for not going. This was for him and his team mates. For him not to show is a slpa in there face.

SweetZombieJesus
05-18-2012, 10:45 AM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career? Jeez, this is football folks. Who cares what Osi does in May. Let things play out. You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September.

That's assuming he's actually on the field in September. He certainly wasn't in 2011.

The problem is he pulls the same kind of crap he pulls in May in July, August, and September too.

Dude waits until August 20 to get surgery last year.

He didn't get on the field until October 2. And he only played 9 games. (Worked out great because JPP got his spot and will never give it up).

OOOOOOH but Osi got a few strip sacks, it's all good, it's the Osi highlight show not a FOOTBALL TEAM.

MikeIsaGiant
05-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Who the hell cares?

As long as he's playing great on the field for the NYG next season, I couldn't give a flying ****

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career?* Jeez, this is football folks.* Who cares what Osi does in May.* Let things play out.* You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September.

I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.

FBomb
05-18-2012, 11:11 AM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career? Jeez, this is football folks. Who cares what Osi does in May. Let things play out. You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</P>

So....who do we let go so we can give Osi what he wants and still be under the cap?</P>

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 11:13 AM
Who the hell cares?

As long as he's playing great on the field for the NYG next season, I couldn't give a flying ****

People care because all of this crap hes doing so far is just foreshadowing things to come. Its been going on for a year now, enough is enough.

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-18-2012, 11:18 AM
If he was sitting in NJ and didn't go, I might agree. But, he was in Germany. It's an unreasable expectation to fly home for a ceremony. It's not like they won't give him his ring.

I don't believe the date of the ceremony is known that far in advance. I wouldn't change my travel plans for it either.

FBomb
05-18-2012, 11:20 AM
If he was sitting in NJ and didn't go, I might agree. But, he was in Germany. It's an unreasable expectation to fly home for a ceremony. It's not like they won't give him his ring. I don't believe the date of the ceremony is known that far in advance. I wouldn't change my travel plans for it either.</P>

This post officially makes this a non issue. Thank you!!!</P>

radar-ray
05-18-2012, 12:10 PM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

Like anyone is going to change their opinion because some guy who has Osi's **** hanging from their mouth says so. You're a joke, go put your dunce cap back on and go back in the corner ******-ray.
You're rude and ignorant You started thenastyclown bit.You must be a Jet fan, go wash your mouth.

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 12:23 PM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck

FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora

You're rude and ignorant You started thenastyclown bit.You must be a Jet fan, go wash your mouth.

I wouldn't be rude if you didn't try to continuously force feed your ridiculous opinion in regards to the Osi situation on other people. You've been doing it multiple times in multiple threads, again let me say no one is going to change their opinion because of what you say. Sorry I am being rude but my tolerance for stupidity is low.

FBomb
05-18-2012, 12:34 PM
LOL......if the only Giants news you could get would be from this board, you would never know we just won a Superbowl.</P>

I have never seen such venom over ONE football player.</P>

ashleymarie
05-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Haters gonna Hate. Go Giants.

FBomb
05-18-2012, 01:17 PM
Haters gonna Hate. Go Giants.</P>

It's more than that.......we actually have one idiot calling anyone who isn't on Osi's side a racist.[:O]</P>

bigblue58
05-18-2012, 01:23 PM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT.

I don't agree with you at all
If John Mara wants to refer to the Giants organization as a "family", then stop jerking around a player who was so instrumental in the Giants' defensive turnaround....and their success through the post season and SB......settle this business with Osi one way or the other!
Respect is a two way street, and frankly, I'm on Osi's side on this that the Giants jerking him around is profoundly disrespectful.
I mean.... cmon..how in the hell do they re-sign Domenik Hixon....who has played 2 games in the last 2 seasons...... and who had ZERO contribution to getting this ring, before you settle this business with Umenyiora once and for all?

DemandedAce
05-18-2012, 01:28 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbdJJNCkNiR0L6toSkqHwfgz1QuZ3uB vum1eKQWXkoLkdh0oaNoQ

lmao

Drez
05-18-2012, 01:29 PM
LOL......if the only Giants news you could get would be from this board, you would never know we just won a Superbowl.</p>

I have never seen such venom over ONE football player.</p>

Haha. How true. And over such a non-issue, too.

Flip Empty
05-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Jesus, it's May. Save the anger for when something worth a damn happens.

DVision
05-18-2012, 01:33 PM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora&lt;br&gt;Who cares if he goes and picks up his ring. As long as Osi is on the edge knocking the ball out of the QB's hands for 4 million dollars I can care less what he does in the off season.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;How about when he doesn't show up for OTAs, doesn't show up to training camp and holds out, whines about his contract, demands a trade, calls the GM a liar, and then has knee surgery in late August causing him to miss the entire first month of the season and is only on the field for 9 games? How's that? And people are saying TUCK cherry-picked when he wanted to play?!?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I guess you could have said the same about cancers like Shockey, et al, "who cares as long as they produce on the field." We all know how that worked out for each and every one of them.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;And it infects the locker room. JPP has already said he'd probably do the same thing Osi is doing if/when he wants more money. Great! &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Don't waste your time, people on this board who continue to support Osi are either too dumb or blind no point in trying to convince these clowns like ****** ray and coach closet racist&lt;br&gt; The only clowns on here are people like you who have nothing better to do than to whine about every little thing that some player does that you don't like. The only opinion that matters when it comes to the players is the GM, TC, and teammates. Go take your Zoloft.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Like anyone is going to change their opinion because some guy who has Osi's **** hanging from their mouth says so. You're a joke, go put your dunce cap back on and go back in the corner ******-ray.&lt;br&gt;You're rude and ignorant You started thenastyclown bit.You must be a Jet fan, go wash your mouth.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I wouldn't be rude if you didn't try to continuously force feed your ridiculous opinion in regards to the Osi situation on other people. You've been doing it multiple times in multiple threads, again let me say no one is going to change their opinion because of what you say. Sorry I am being rude but my tolerance for stupidity is low. &lt;br&gt;

"Don't waste your time, people on this board who continue to support Osi are either too dumb or blind no point in trying to convince these clowns like *** ray and coach closet racist"

Yet here you are trying to do the same thing your complaining about! Osi supporters are dumb? I think people who take the business side of pro football personally are dumb? I say people who think they know the ins and outs of the Giants locker room are dumb! Other peoples opinions are ridiculous, but yours is golden right?

Drez
05-18-2012, 01:34 PM

I don't agree with you at all
If John Mara wants to refer to the Giants organization as a "family", then stop jerking around a player who was so instrumental in the Giants' defensive turnaround....and their success through the post season and SB......settle this business with Osi one way or the other!
Respect is a two way street, and frankly, I'm on Osi's side on this that the Giants jerking him around is profoundly disrespectful.
I mean.... cmon..how in the hell do they re-sign Domenik Hixon....who has played 2 games in the last 2 seasons...... and who had ZERO contribution to getting this ring, before you settle this business with Umenyiora once and for all?
Well, Hixon wasn't asking for more then he's worth, was he?

If Osi's contract demands were more reasonable, then he'd be signed. However, if he is seriously looking for top 5 DE money, not only is he not worth that much (especially here), we just don't have the money to pay him.

No one is jerking anyone around. Business is business. It's not always pretty. Honestly, I don't see Osi being worth more than $6m/yr, especially here with the other ends we have. I doubt he'd get much more than that on the open market. To make more than that you have to be more of a complete player, not just a brilliant pass rusher.

FBomb
05-18-2012, 01:36 PM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT. I don't agree with you at all If John Mara wants to refer to the Giants organization as a "family", then stop jerking around a player who was so instrumental in the Giants' defensive turnaround....and their success through the post season and SB......settle this business with Osi one way or the other! Respect is a two way street, and frankly, I'm on Osi's side on this that the Giants jerking him around is profoundly disrespectful</P>

And thsoe of us thinking with our brains rather than our hearts wonder how you guys come to that conclusion.</P>

The biggest reason is cap space. That alone should be enough, but there are other factors such as Osi willing signing a deal that got him paid big money up front.....continued to pay him when he didn't play an for an entire season and his mediocre play when he came back. The arguement that "owners do not honor their contract so why should Osi honor his" is complete crap since the owners are acting WITHIN the contract. How can you NOT honor the contract by honoring the contract?</P>

Osi is ONE playeron a TEAM...he did not single handedly win us 2 Superbowls. He's a great pass rusher that I would love to keep, but he can be replaced. </P>

To say that he's being jerked around is ridiculous. If anything, Osi is jerking the Giants around.</P>

BigBlue1971
05-18-2012, 01:43 PM
Osi was dead wrong for not going. This was for him and his team mates. For him not to show is a slpa in there face.</P>

</P>

^this!</P>

Osi is showing he doesnt care. </P>

thealready divided partiesare wider now!</P>

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT. I don't agree with you at all If John Mara wants to refer to the Giants organization as a "family", then stop jerking around a player who was so instrumental in the Giants' defensive turnaround....and their success through the post season and SB......settle this business with Osi one way or the other! Respect is a two way street, and frankly, I'm on Osi's side on this that the Giants jerking him around is profoundly disrespectful</p>

And thsoe of us thinking with our brains rather than our hearts wonder how you guys come to that conclusion.</p>

The biggest reason is cap space. That alone should be enough, but there are other factors such as Osi willing signing a deal that got him paid big money up front.....continued to pay him when he didn't play an for an entire season and his mediocre play when he came back. The arguement that "owners do not honor their contract so why should Osi honor his" is complete crap since the owners are acting WITHIN the contract. How can you NOT honor the contract by honoring the contract?</p>

Osi is ONE playeron a TEAM...he did not single handedly win us 2 Superbowls. He's a great pass rusher that I would love to keep, but he can be replaced. </p>

To say that he's being jerked around is ridiculous. If anything, Osi is jerking the Giants around.</p>

Logic, once again, rears its ugly head [;)]

FBomb
05-18-2012, 01:54 PM
I put up the post in the beginning of the season and now I will put it up again. OSI last night wasn't about your stupid contract beef with ownership. Last night was about being their with your teammates. You are a turnoff. What happened to SOLIDARITY, "FINISH" AND "ALL IN". YOU BURNED A LOT OF BRIDGES WITH YOUR TEAMMATES AND FANS FOR YOUR CHILDEST ACT LAST NIGHT. I don't agree with you at all If John Mara wants to refer to the Giants organization as a "family", then stop jerking around a player who was so instrumental in the Giants' defensive turnaround....and their success through the post season and SB......settle this business with Osi one way or the other! Respect is a two way street, and frankly, I'm on Osi's side on this that the Giants jerking him around is profoundly disrespectful</P>

And thsoe of us thinking with our brains rather than our hearts wonder how you guys come to that conclusion.</P>

The biggest reason is cap space. That alone should be enough, but there are other factors such as Osi willing signing a deal that got him paid big money up front.....continued to pay him when he didn't play an for an entire season and his mediocre play when he came back. The arguement that "owners do not honor their contract so why should Osi honor his" is complete crap since the owners are acting WITHIN the contract. How can you NOT honor the contract by honoring the contract?</P>

Osi is ONE playeron a TEAM...he did not single handedly win us 2 Superbowls. He's a great pass rusher that I would love to keep, but he can be replaced. </P>

To say that he's being jerked around is ridiculous. If anything, Osi is jerking the Giants around.</P>

Logic, once again, rears its ugly head [;)]
</P>

Sorry....sometimes it slips out.</P>

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 02:23 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career?* Jeez, this is football folks.* Who cares what Osi does in May.* Let things play out.* You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</P>

So....who do we let go so we can give Osi what he wants and still be under the cap?</P>I didnt say there was a perfect solution but that doesnt mean Osi isnt under paid. Like most things its not Black or White. Both sides have arguments

TuckYou
05-18-2012, 02:46 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d8268978c/Osi-explains-missed-media-session</P>

and</P>

http://media.nj.com/giants_impact/photo/10510269-large.jpg</P>

Osi late to team photo for SB46, and then is in wrong place doing his own thing. (From the look on Weatherfords face, Osi layed a bomb as well when he left.)</P>

http://cdn.sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-product-image/new-york-giants-super-bowl-xlvi-champs-team-gold-coin-photo-mint-1-t1728084-500.jpg</P>

Yeah, thats him out of order on the lower right</P>

And I still dont care. </P>

JMFP2
05-18-2012, 03:02 PM
I really only care about how Osi plays on the field.....he's a 2x Super Bowl Champ.

All the rest of the stuff is just that.....stuff.

I couldn't care less about what he says and does when he's not playing football.

There are alot of athletes out there that say all the right things, and then go out and drive drunk, do drugs, beat up their wives, have mutliple kids out of wedlock, etc.......

Osi's biggest crime is that he speaks his mind. He's earned that right, in my opinion.

NYGiantsFan56
05-18-2012, 04:37 PM
Like I said in my original post this is not about his contract. Don't know all the details of the dispute between Osi and management other than what we read in the paper or online. He is wrong for not being there because this is all about team and "ALL IN" not his dumb contract dispute. AGAIN FOR THAT HE IS WRONG AND DESERVES NO SUPPORT FOR NOT BEING THERE.

G-Man67
05-18-2012, 05:16 PM
i generally don't have an issue with Osi wanting more money/a new dealASAP ... football is a brutal sport and he knows that he could put up 15 sacks next regular season only to blow out his knee in week 17</P>

obviously, having it be so public is not ideal, but i think the parties are far apart, which probably prompted things becoming public</P>

personally, im on board with letting him play out his contract and not b/c i dont want him, but this is a young man's sport and some club far more desparate for pass rushers will seriously overpay him ... and we will get a beast of an Osi next season as he does everything in his power to be overpaid the following year</P>

now i will say that if we had more players acting like Osi it would become a distraction ... but i think the players for the most part like him and modern players have no issue separating a players biz from how they are as a teammate and how they perform to help the team win</P>

FBomb
05-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career? Jeez, this is football folks. Who cares what Osi does in May. Let things play out. You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</P>

So....who do we let go so we can give Osi what he wants and still be under the cap?</P>

I didnt say there was a perfect solution but that doesnt mean Osi isnt under paid. Like most things its not Black or White. Both sides have arguments</P>

See, that's your problem. The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to. You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!! </P>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.</P>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault??? Not even close!!Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</P>

Is Osi worth what he's asking?? Of course not!!</P>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way. The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</P>

</P>

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 07:50 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career?* Jeez, this is football folks.* Who cares what Osi does in May.* Let things play out.* You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</P>

I didnt say there was a perfect solution but that doesnt mean Osi isnt under paid. Like most things its not Black or White. Both sides have arguments</P>

See, that's your problem.* The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to.* You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!!* </P>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.*</P>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault???* Not even close!!*Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</P>

Is Osi worth what he's asking??* Of course not!!</P>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way.* The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</P>

*</P> I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid.
Money up front or not his contract is very under market value. Most teams rip up contracts and give players new deals before they run out . Osi is watching an inferior Canty making a lot more money then him when he has been here is whole career. I dont blame Osi for getting pissed about that

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career? Jeez, this is football folks. Who cares what Osi does in May. Let things play out. You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</p>

So....who do we let go so we can give Osi what he wants and still be under the cap?</p>

I didnt say there was a perfect solution but that doesnt mean Osi isnt under paid. Like most things its not Black or White. Both sides have arguments</p>

See, that's your problem. The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to. You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!! </p>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.</p>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault??? Not even close!!Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</p>

Is Osi worth what he's asking?? Of course not!!</p>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way. The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</p>

</p> I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid.
Money up front or not his contract is very under market value. Most teams rip up contracts and give players new deals before they run out . Osi is watching an inferior Canty making a lot more money then him when he has been here is whole career. I dont blame Osi for getting pissed about that

Did Canty sign his contract before or after Osi?

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 07:57 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career?* Jeez, this is football folks.* Who cares what Osi does in May.* Let things play out.* You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</p>

So....who do we let go so we can give Osi what he wants and still be under the cap?</p>

I didnt say there was a perfect solution but that doesnt mean Osi isnt under paid. Like most things its not Black or White. Both sides have arguments</p>

See, that's your problem.* The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to.* You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!!* </p>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.*</p>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault???* Not even close!!*Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</p>

Is Osi worth what he's asking??* Of course not!!</p>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way.* The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</p>

*</p> I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid.

U know he signed after but its besides the point. The Giants could of redone Osi's deal like other teams do. The Eagles paid Lesean Mccoy early just today. Players never play out 7 year deals. This is not the norm at all.

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 08:04 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career? Jeez, this is football folks. Who cares what Osi does in May. Let things play out. You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</p>

See, that's your problem. The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to. You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!! </p>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.</p>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault??? Not even close!!Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</p>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way. The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</p>

</p> I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid.

U know he signed after but its besides the point. The Giants could of redone Osi's deal like other teams do. The Eagles paid Lesean Mccoy early just today

You brought up Canty's contract to bolster your contention that Osi deserves more pay. I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Other teams do extend players' contracts as does the GIANTS. In fact, Jerry Reese has made it clear they have recently tried to extend Osi's contract and Osi wants nothing to do with what he was offered. That's well within Osi's right. But he's not "underpaid" according to the terms of the contract he signed. Unless Jimmy Hoffa arose from under the east end zone and held a gun to Osi's head, we have to assume he agreed with all of the terms of that $41M deal.

If, at the time Osi signed the contract , it was"under market value" why did Osi and his agent not take his talents elsewhere?

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Were this many people pissed off when #92 pulled this crap every couple years for his entire career?* Jeez, this is football folks.* Who cares what Osi does in May.* Let things play out.* You will all forget about this when he makes his first strip sack in September. I think people are overreacting as well, but to be fair, I do remember people griping over Strahan. Remember 2007 when he missed camp entirely, and took that fine? A lot of people were pissed about that. It's "whatever"...people just take it very personally when a player seems like he's putting himself above his team and teammates. I get it...but the world is never as black and white as people sometimes think it is...I agree with Osi he is grossly underpaid even with the upfront money.</p>

See, that's your problem.* The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to.* You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!!* </p>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.*</p>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault???* Not even close!!*Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</p>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way.* The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</p>

*</p> I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid.

U know he signed after but its besides the point. The Giants could of redone Osi's deal like other teams do. The Eagles paid Lesean Mccoy early just today

You brought up Canty's contract to bolster your contention that Osi deserves more pay.* I don't see what one has to do with the other.***

Other teams do extend players' contracts as does the GIANTS.* In fact, Jerry Reese has made it clear they have recently tried to extend Osi's contract and Osi wants nothing to do with what he was offered.* That's well within Osi's right.* But he's not "underpaid" according to the terms of the contract he signed.* Unless Jimmy Hoffa arose from under the east end zone and held a gun to Osi's head, we have to assume he agreed with all of the terms of that $41M deal.

If, at the time Osi signed the contract , it was"under market value" why did Osi and his agent not take his talents elsewhere?
Im sure Osi wouldnt sign that deal again if he could. He probably thought they would act in good faith when the time came but he was wrong. if Reese was giving out insulting offers I dont blame him for passing it up.

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 08:15 PM

You brought up Canty's contract to bolster your contention that Osi deserves more pay. I don't see what one has to do with the other.

Other teams do extend players' contracts as does the GIANTS. In fact, Jerry Reese has made it clear they have recently tried to extend Osi's contract and Osi wants nothing to do with what he was offered. That's well within Osi's right. But he's not "underpaid" according to the terms of the contract he signed. Unless Jimmy Hoffa arose from under the east end zone and held a gun to Osi's head, we have to assume he agreed with all of the terms of that $41M deal.

Im sure Osi wouldnt sign that deal again if he could. He probably thought they would act in good faith when the time came but he was wrong. if Reese was giving out insulting offers I dont blame him for passing it up.

Which part of the contract extension do you consider "insulting"? How have they not acted in good faith?

buffyblue
05-18-2012, 08:18 PM
Maybe Osi didn't pick up his SuperBowl Ring so that way there is an extra one for LT to sell.

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 08:19 PM

You brought up Canty's contract to bolster your contention that Osi deserves more pay.* I don't see what one has to do with the other.***

Other teams do extend players' contracts as does the GIANTS.* In fact, Jerry Reese has made it clear they have recently tried to extend Osi's contract and Osi wants nothing to do with what he was offered.* That's well within Osi's right.* But he's not "underpaid" according to the terms of the contract he signed.* Unless Jimmy Hoffa arose from under the east end zone and held a gun to Osi's head, we have to assume he agreed with all of the terms of that $41M deal.

Which part of the contract extension do you consider "insulting"?* How have they not acted in good faith?
Seeing what the Giants have to offer im sure it is far under market value for 1 of the better pass rushers in the NFL

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 08:20 PM
Maybe Osi didn't pick up his SuperBowl Ring so that way there is an extra one for LT to sell.

You do know it wasn't LT who was selling the ring?

mad4ahmad
05-18-2012, 08:22 PM

#92 did NOT pull this kind of crap every couple of years for his entire career. I have no idea why you would throw out b.s. like that.

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 08:23 PM

Which part of the contract extension do you consider "insulting"? How have they not acted in good faith?
Seeing what the Giants have to offer im sure it is far under market value for 1 of the better pass rushers in the NFL

So, if there are limited funds available with which they can pay Osi, a point on which we all seem to agree, they would be acting in good faith to make him the best offer they could?

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 08:45 PM
ALL IN -- Justin Tuck&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;FOLD -- Osi Umenyiora&lt;br&gt;Who cares if he goes and picks up his ring. As long as Osi is on the edge knocking the ball out of the QB's hands for 4 million dollars I can care less what he does in the off season.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;How about when he doesn't show up for OTAs, doesn't show up to training camp and holds out, whines about his contract, demands a trade, calls the GM a liar, and then has knee surgery in late August causing him to miss the entire first month of the season and is only on the field for 9 games? How's that? And people are saying TUCK cherry-picked when he wanted to play?!?&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I guess you could have said the same about cancers like Shockey, et al, "who cares as long as they produce on the field." We all know how that worked out for each and every one of them.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;And it infects the locker room. JPP has already said he'd probably do the same thing Osi is doing if/when he wants more money. Great! &lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Don't waste your time, people on this board who continue to support Osi are either too dumb or blind no point in trying to convince these clowns like ****** ray and coach closet racist&lt;br&gt; The only clowns on here are people like you who have nothing better to do than to whine about every little thing that some player does that you don't like. The only opinion that matters when it comes to the players is the GM, TC, and teammates. Go take your Zoloft.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;Like anyone is going to change their opinion because some guy who has Osi's **** hanging from their mouth says so. You're a joke, go put your dunce cap back on and go back in the corner ******-ray.&lt;br&gt;You're rude and ignorant You started thenastyclown bit.You must be a Jet fan, go wash your mouth.&lt;br&gt;&lt;br&gt;I wouldn't be rude if you didn't try to continuously force feed your ridiculous opinion in regards to the Osi situation on other people. You've been doing it multiple times in multiple threads, again let me say no one is going to change their opinion because of what you say. Sorry I am being rude but my tolerance for stupidity is low. &lt;br&gt;

"Don't waste your time, people on this board who continue to support Osi are either too dumb or blind no point in trying to convince these clowns like *** ray and coach closet racist"

Yet here you are trying to do the same thing your complaining about! Osi supporters are dumb? I think people who take the business side of pro football personally are dumb? I say people who think they know the ins and outs of the Giants locker room are dumb! Other peoples opinions are ridiculous, but yours is golden right?

I do not think all Osi supporters are dumb, just the ones who keep arguing the same points that are refuted time and time again by multiple posters in multiple threads. What I said was in reference to the million other Osi threads out there, and how this poster and a few others in particular keep arguing the same points which are continually refuted, again in other threads to the point of insanity. Do you think it is constructive to argue about the same thing indefinitely?This is where someone's opinion becomes "devalued". I could care less whether or not Osi stays on the team, the guy definitely has talent, I don't think anyone questions that. I just don't like it when the guy airs his dirty laundry in public or decides to get an unnecessary knee surgery right before the start of the season.

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 08:59 PM

Which part of the contract extension do you consider "insulting"?* How have they not acted in good faith?

So, if there are limited funds available with which they can pay Osi, a point on which we all seem to agree, they would be acting in good faith to make him the best offer they could?
Still under market value. I understand the money isnt there. If the Giants dont want to pay him thats fine. I still am not going to villainize the guy for wanting to get paid market value for his skill

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 09:18 PM

Still under market value. I understand the money isnt there. If the Giants dont want to pay him thats fine. I still am not going to villainize the guy for wanting to get paid market value for his skill

What is his "market value"? Who or what actually determines a player's "market value"?

FBomb
05-19-2012, 12:20 AM

See, that's your problem. The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to. You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!! </P>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.</P>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault??? Not even close!!Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</P>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way. The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</P>

</P>

I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid. Money up front or not his contract is very under market value. Most teams rip up contracts and give players new deals before they run out . Osi is watching an inferior Canty making a lot more money then him when he has been here is whole career. I dont blame Osi for getting pissed about that </P>

No "most teams" do not. Only the ones with cap space. Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.He signed the contract in good faith. You guys blaming theGiants is insanity.</P>

Drez
05-19-2012, 12:37 AM

</p>

I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid. Money up front or not his contract is very under market value. Most teams rip up contracts and give players new deals before they run out . Osi is watching an inferior Canty making a lot more money then him when he has been here is whole career. I dont blame Osi for getting pissed about that </p>

No "most teams" do not. Only the ones with cap space. Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.He signed the contract in good faith. You guys blaming theGiants is insanity.</p>
If that's what Osi thought would happen, getting a new contract before this one ran out, then he should have insisted on a shorter deal.

FBomb
05-19-2012, 12:42 AM

</P>

I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid. Money up front or not his contract is very under market value. Most teams rip up contracts and give players new deals before they run out . Osi is watching an inferior Canty making a lot more money then him when he has been here is whole career. I dont blame Osi for getting pissed about that </P>

No "most teams" do not. Only the ones with cap space. Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.He signed the contract in good faith. You guys blaming theGiants is insanity.</P>

</P>

......and BTW, I am of the mindthat Osi not going to the ring ceremony is a non-issue and people are just looking for a reason to keep complaining about him. This is a topic that has been beat to death yet no one has been able to change anyone's mind. I wish it would just go away until something is actually finalized. But, fans like to ***** and moan.</P>

Drez
05-19-2012, 12:46 AM

</p>

I didnt say to pay Osi. All I said was I dont fault Osi for being pissed about being under paid. Money up front or not his contract is very under market value. Most teams rip up contracts and give players new deals before they run out . Osi is watching an inferior Canty making a lot more money then him when he has been here is whole career. I dont blame Osi for getting pissed about that </p>

No "most teams" do not. Only the ones with cap space. Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.He signed the contract in good faith. You guys blaming theGiants is insanity.</p>

</p>

......and BTW, I am of the mindthat Osi not going to the ring ceremony is a non-issue and people are just looking for a reason to keep complaining about him. This is a topic that has been beat to death yet no one has been able to change anyone's mind. I wish it would just go away until something is actually finalized. But, fans like to ***** and moan.</p>
Agreed on all counts.

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 08:36 AM

See, that's your problem.* The front office has already taken that into consideration......cause they have to.* You guys say "give Osi the money" yet you don't have a plan as to how!!* </P>

You also have no defense for Osi signing a deal to get all his money up front.*</P>

Is Osi underpaid for player of his caliber.....probably......is it the Giants fault???* Not even close!!*Osi signed it, Osi should live with it........</P>

And like I said in an earlier post.....before anyone says "the owners don't honor the contracts, why should the players?" again.....the contract are set up that way.* The owners are NOT breaking the contracts.</P>

*</P>

No "most teams" do not.* Only the ones with cap space.* Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.**He signed the contract in good faith.* You guys blaming the*Giants is insanity.</P>Again im not blaming the Giants I just dont think Osi is a "Jerk" because he wants what he is worth. Ive never seen DE's play out 7 year deals. Either they are cut or reworked. Why should Osi care about the cap at all from his perspective. How many of U would be willing to get paid less in your job so others that produce less then u can get theirs. Im curious to see what happens when Tuck goes for a new deal . Im sure someone will be the villain then as well

buffyblue
05-19-2012, 08:58 AM

You do know it wasn't LT who was selling the ring?

I do know that but thats nkt the point lf the irony in my post. The point is that Osi not showing up for Ring ceremony is a non issue. Who cares and maybe he had something to do. Heck, maybe he is of the confidence and mindset that NY Giants will have to do this a few more times before it is done and it is not a big deal to miss one. Insofar as LTs kid puttng Ring up for sale, perhaps he needs the money or maybe he wants to get back at his dad for disrespecting his mom by hitting off some derelict hooker. Who knows?

FBomb
05-19-2012, 09:02 AM

</P>

Again im not blaming the Giants I just dont think Osi is a "Jerk" because he wants what he is worth. Ive never seen DE's play out 7 year deals. Either they are cut or reworked. Why should Osi care about the cap at all from his perspective. How many of U would be willing to get paid less in your job so others that produce less then u can get theirs. Im curious to see what happens when Tuck goes for a new deal . Im sure someone will be the villain then as well</P>

If I willing signed a deal that gave me a lot of money up front (a point that keeps getting ignored by the Osi groupies)then I would have to accept my contract and make damn sure I perform in the last year of my contract in order to get a better new one.</P>

It's not that Osi should care, but he should defiantely understand the situation the Giants are in and not call them out in the press. The Giants do not have the cap space to pay him what he thinks he's worth, PERIOD!! He's not going to get it, PERIOD.</P>

The reason Osi is a "jerk" is because he's calling out the Giants in public and trying to strong arm them when the money isn't there to give.</P>

You say Osi has the right to be pissed so that means the Giants did something wrong to him....why else would he be pissed?</P>

Osi is a great player and I would love to keep him on the team, but sometimes you can't because of cap space. Players come and go. The Giants have done nothing wrong to Osi and Osi should just shut up and play out the contract that he signed.</P>

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 09:07 AM
Osi Umenyiora ?@OsiUmenyiora
Attn:All L.T, NYG, NFL FANS! If i get 1million followers, i will buy L.T's ring back and give it to him. The 1,000,000th will give it to him

FBomb
05-19-2012, 09:09 AM
Osi Umenyiora ?@OsiUmenyiora Attn:All L.T, NYG, NFL FANS! If i get 1million followers, i will buy L.T's ring back and give it to him. The 1,000,000th will give it to him</P>

That's a nice thought, but I'm not a "twatter"[:)]</P>

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 09:17 AM
Osi Umenyiora ?@OsiUmenyiora Attn:All L.T, NYG, NFL FANS! If i get 1million followers, i will buy L.T's ring back and give it to him. The 1,000,000th will give it to him</P>

That's a nice thought, but I'm not a "twatter"[:)]</P>Sounds like something a Jerk would do

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 09:18 AM

*</P>

No "most teams" do not.* Only the ones with cap space.* Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.**He signed the contract in good faith.* You guys blaming the*Giants is insanity.</P>

Again im not blaming the Giants I just dont think Osi is a "Jerk" because he wants what he is worth. Ive never seen DE's play out 7 year deals. Either they are cut or reworked. Why should Osi care about the cap at all from his perspective. How many of U would be willing to get paid less in your job so others that produce less then u can get theirs. Im curious to see what happens when Tuck goes for a new deal . Im sure someone will be the villain then as well</P>

If I willing signed a deal that gave me a lot of money up front (a point that keeps getting ignored by the Osi groupies)*then I would have to accept my contract and make damn sure I perform in the last year of my contract in order to get a better new one.*</P>

It's not that Osi should care, but he should defiantely understand the situation the Giants are in and not call them out in the press.* The Giants do not have the cap space to pay him what he thinks he's worth, PERIOD!!* He's not going to get it, PERIOD.</P>

The reason Osi is a "jerk" is because he's calling out the Giants in public and trying to strong arm them when the money isn't there to give.</P>

You say Osi has the right to be pissed so that means the Giants did something wrong to him....why else would he be pissed?</P>

Osi is a great player and I would love to keep him on the team, but sometimes you can't because of cap space.* Players come and go.* The Giants have done nothing wrong to Osi and Osi should just shut up and play out the contract that he signed.</P>15 million is not a lot in football standards for a 7 year deal for a DE at all. At the time maybe but not now. He is underpaid even if u factor in the money up front today.

FBomb
05-19-2012, 09:23 AM

</P>

If I willing signed a deal that gave me a lot of money up front (a point that keeps getting ignored by the Osi groupies)then I would have to accept my contract and make damn sure I perform in the last year of my contract in order to get a better new one.</P>

It's not that Osi should care, but he should defiantely understand the situation the Giants are in and not call them out in the press. The Giants do not have the cap space to pay him what he thinks he's worth, PERIOD!! He's not going to get it, PERIOD.</P>

Osi is a great player and I would love to keep him on the team, but sometimes you can't because of cap space. Players come and go. The Giants have done nothing wrong to Osi and Osi should just shut up and play out the contract that he signed.</P>

15 million is not a lot in football standards for a 7 year deal for a DE at all. At the time maybe but not now. He is underpaid even if u factor in the money up front today.</P>

lol.....still ignoring the point that he willingly signed it knowing that the back end would put him in this position. He WANTED a long term deal with a big payday up front.</P>

I just cannot understand how anyone can see it any other way.</P>

FBomb
05-19-2012, 09:24 AM

Sounds like something a Jerk would do</P>

One has nothing to do with the other.</P>

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 09:26 AM

*</P>

No "most teams" do not.* Only the ones with cap space.* Osi doesn't care that getting what he wants means sacrificing other players.**He signed the contract in good faith.* You guys blaming the*Giants is insanity.</P>

If I willing signed a deal that gave me a lot of money up front (a point that keeps getting ignored by the Osi groupies)*then I would have to accept my contract and make damn sure I perform in the last year of my contract in order to get a better new one.*</P>

It's not that Osi should care, but he should defiantely understand the situation the Giants are in and not call them out in the press.* The Giants do not have the cap space to pay him what he thinks he's worth, PERIOD!!* He's not going to get it, PERIOD.</P>

Osi is a great player and I would love to keep him on the team, but sometimes you can't because of cap space.* Players come and go.* The Giants have done nothing wrong to Osi and Osi should just shut up and play out the contract that he signed.</P>

15 million is not a lot in football standards for a 7 year deal for a DE at all. At the time maybe but not now. He is underpaid even if u factor in the money up front today.</P>

lol.....still ignoring the point that he willingly signed it knowing that the back end would put him in this position.* He WANTED a long term deal with a big payday up front.</P>

I just cannot understand how anyone can see it any other way.</P>Yes but Ive never seen players play out deals this long ever. They are always redone by year 4 or 5. The giants put the screws to him . Its within their right but I dont blame Osi at all for trying to get cut I would

FBomb
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM

</P>

lol.....still ignoring the point that he willingly signed it knowing that the back end would put him in this position. He WANTED a long term deal with a big payday up front.</P>

Yes but Ive never seen players play out deals this long ever. They are always redone by year 4 or 5. The giants put the screws to him . Its within their right but I dont blame Osi at all for trying to get cut I would</P>

"The Giants put the screws to him"........so you DO blame them.</P>

Sorry dude.....but I think yours and all the other Osi groupie's opinion in this case is WAY off base. You're thinking with your heart and not your head.</P>

I am officially OUT of the Osi debate until it's over. Peace.</P>

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 09:35 AM

*</P>

Osi is a great player and I would love to keep him on the team, but sometimes you can't because of cap space.* Players come and go.* The Giants have done nothing wrong to Osi and Osi should just shut up and play out the contract that he signed.</P>

lol.....still ignoring the point that he willingly signed it knowing that the back end would put him in this position.* He WANTED a long term deal with a big payday up front.</P>

Yes but Ive never seen players play out deals this long ever. They are always redone by year 4 or 5. The giants put the screws to him . Its within their right but I dont blame Osi at all for trying to get cut I would</P>

"The Giants put the screws to him"........so you DO blame them.</P>

Sorry dude.....but I think yours and all the other Osi groupie's opinion in this case is WAY off base.* You're thinking with your heart and not your head.</P>

I am officially OUT of the Osi debate until it's over.* Peace.</P>Thank god I was going to say the same thing

Diamondring
05-19-2012, 11:01 AM
Who the hell cares?

People care because all of this crap hes doing so far is just foreshadowing things to come. Its been going on for a year now, enough is enough.
I agree with you but still though, he does perform well on the field.

buffyblue
05-19-2012, 02:58 PM

I just followed him on Twitter because this is a real good thing.
We have all been stating we want LT to keep his Ring well lets do our part.

Great movr Osi. Lets get to one million.

RoanokeFan
05-19-2012, 05:31 PM

</p>

Again im not blaming the Giants I just dont think Osi is a "Jerk" because he wants what he is worth. Ive never seen DE's play out 7 year deals. Either they are cut or reworked. Why should Osi care about the cap at all from his perspective. How many of U would be willing to get paid less in your job so others that produce less then u can get theirs. Im curious to see what happens when Tuck goes for a new deal . Im sure someone will be the villain then as well</p>

If I willing signed a deal that gave me a lot of money up front (a point that keeps getting ignored by the Osi groupies)then I would have to accept my contract and make damn sure I perform in the last year of my contract in order to get a better new one.</p>

It's not that Osi should care, but he should defiantely understand the situation the Giants are in and not call them out in the press. The Giants do not have the cap space to pay him what he thinks he's worth, PERIOD!! He's not going to get it, PERIOD.</p>

The reason Osi is a "jerk" is because he's calling out the Giants in public and trying to strong arm them when the money isn't there to give.</p>

You say Osi has the right to be pissed so that means the Giants did something wrong to him....why else would he be pissed?</p>

Osi is a great player and I would love to keep him on the team, but sometimes you can't because of cap space. Players come and go. The Giants have done nothing wrong to Osi and Osi should just shut up and play out the contract that he signed.</p>15 million is not a lot in football standards for a 7 year deal for a DE at all. At the time maybe but not now. He is underpaid even if u factor in the money up front today.

A seven year deal would end when Osi is 38? Not going to happen, too long. I don't have any way of knowing but I believe Osi is going to demand too much in guarantees. Do you think he'd take a multi-year deal that was back loaded since he didn't like his last front loaded deal?

Harooni
05-21-2012, 09:51 AM
i hate to say it but the ring thing seems like a publicity stunt for him to gain more fans on twitter.