PDA

View Full Version : 2 SB Titles in 4 years or 2 SB Titles in 5 Seasons?

BlueJayC
05-18-2012, 10:59 AM
I think the 2 SB titles in 4 years line is a little cheap to be throwing around......though technically accurate form a calendar standpoint it's really 2 SB titles in 5 seasons......I'm not demeaning the feat in any way but we're Giants fans.....we're better than that. I know I'm nitpicking but if another team was using the "2 SB's in 4 Years" term I'd be quick to point out the fact that it was actually over 5 seasons.......</P>

"3 SB Titles in 5 Season" sounds better anyway.</P>

Redeyejedi
05-18-2012, 11:01 AM
not this again .Its 2 in 5 seasons by the way. If the Giants win the super Bowl this year will everyone say we won 2 superbowls in 1 year

GMENAGAIN
05-18-2012, 11:02 AM
Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .

FBomb
05-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Man does the post-draft offseason suck . . . . .</P>

Stole my thunder!!!![;)]</P>

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 11:11 AM

This thread is great compared to half the other ones on the main page

FBomb
05-18-2012, 11:12 AM

</P>

um....no it isn't......it's just as bad as they are.</P>

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 11:18 AM

</p>

um....no it isn't......it's just as bad as they are.</p>

Thats debatable with threads like "Dj Ware will surprise this year" and "Osi for welker can it be done?"

Gimaniac
05-18-2012, 11:18 AM
Can we talk about Osi instead ?

FBomb
05-18-2012, 11:22 AM

</P>

Thats debatable with threads like "Dj Ware will surprise this year" and "Osi for welker can it be done?"
</P>

I agree that those threads suck....but this one sucks just as much.</P>

I think I am going to start a sucky thread about what thread sucks the most on the main page[:)]</P>

BlueJayC
05-18-2012, 11:24 AM
All I got.....I vote this one the worst and I started it.....offseason blows and I could care less about the NBA &lt;vomit&gt;.......MLB &lt;double vomit&gt;......

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 11:27 AM

</p>

</p>

I agree that those threads suck....but this one sucks just as much.</p>

I think I am going to start a sucky thread about what thread sucks the most on the main page[:)]</p>

We should bring back the worst poster of the year thread, that will make things somewhat interesting

FBomb
05-18-2012, 11:30 AM

</P>

</P>

I think I am going to start a sucky thread about what thread sucks the most on the main page[:)]</P>

We should bring back the worst poster of the year thread, that will make things somewhat interesting
</P>

I'm up for it!!! There are many that should be considered.</P>

Vtgmenfan89
05-18-2012, 11:35 AM
Well....the steelers, saints and packers won in between us....so do the math after that. They are exactly 4 years apart, so really both statements apply. It just depends on if people think of year as a season. 2 out of past 5 super bowls is the best way to accurately put it

ShakeNBake
05-18-2012, 11:38 AM

</p>

</p>

I think I am going to start a sucky thread about what thread sucks the most on the main page[:)]</p>

</p>

I'm up for it!!! There are many that should be considered.</p>

I'll make one here in the next couple of days, I would do it today but I don't have the time

BeatYale
05-18-2012, 11:58 AM
I think the 2 SB titles in 4 years line is a little cheap to be throwing around......though technically accurate form a calendar standpoint it's really 2 SB titles in 5 seasons......I'm not demeaning the feat in any way but we're Giants fans.....we're better than that. I know I'm nitpicking but if another team was using the "2 SB's in 4 Years" term I'd be quick to point out the fact that it was actually over 5 seasons.......</P>

"3 SB Titles in 5 Season" sounds better anyway.</P>

Years is the right way to go about it because when people discuss a teams Super Bowl drought/curse they mention it in years. Eg: Team-Name has not won a Super Bowl in X amount of years. Saying we've won 2 in the last 4 years is normal protocol. Mentioning a time frame by season-count is an odd way to speak it.

"It's been 18 seasons since the Cowboys won a Super Bowl." How often are you going to hear that compared to "It's been 17 years" or "They haven't won one since '95".

TuckYou
05-18-2012, 12:02 PM
not this again .Its 2 in 5 seasons by the way. If the Giants win the super Bowl this year will everyone say we won 2 superbowls in 1 year</P>

I would. Actually it would be 2 Superbowl wins in 363 days, since SB47 is Feb. 3rd and SB 46 was Feb. 5th.</P>

Kruunch
05-18-2012, 12:53 PM
I think the 2 SB titles in 4 years line is a little cheap to be throwing around......though technically accurate form a calendar standpoint it's really 2 SB titles in 5 seasons......I'm not demeaning the feat in any way but we're Giants fans.....we're better than that. I know I'm nitpicking but if another team was using the "2 SB's in 4 Years" term I'd be quick to point out the fact that it was actually over 5 seasons.......</p>

"3 SB Titles in 5 Season" sounds better anyway.</p>

God off-season sucks!

G-Man67
05-18-2012, 05:27 PM
oh god</P>

we won 42 ... did not win 43, 44, 45 , then won 46</P>

so only 3 seasons were in between wins ... not bad ... and we were a dominate 12-4 team the year after SB42 and 10-6 (not dominant though) before 46 ... not exactly a bad run for Big Blue</P>

if we go 47, 48, 49 not champsand then win 50 i will be very happy b/c Super Bowl wins are so precious and so difficult to get (ask Jets and Eagles)</P>

but im not getting out of the 1 game at a time mode to think about that ... bring on the Boys !!</P>

miked1958
05-18-2012, 11:56 PM
Well....the steelers, saints and packers won in between us....so do the math after that. They are exactly 4 years apart, so really both statements apply. It just depends on if people think of year as a season. 2 out of past 5 super bowls is the best way to accurately put itNice problem to have a debate about IMO. Hope we can do it again in 5 seasons. Lol

miked1958
05-18-2012, 11:57 PM
Oh wait them the debate will be is it 4 in 10 seasons or 9 yrs

Mohann
05-20-2012, 06:01 PM
Why don't you talk to a pats fan about dynasties. Think they say they won 3 in 3 years? No because it is measured in seasons. Football is measured in seasons not years, although sometimes seasons are referred to as years. Referring to us having 2 in 4 years is wrong.

slipknottin
05-20-2012, 10:46 PM
How often would you say the NFC east plays the Afc EAST?

Every 4 years? Or every 5 years?

Or in seasons, every 4 seasons or every 5 seasons?

giantsfan420
05-20-2012, 11:12 PM
How often would you say the NFC east plays the Afc EAST?

Every 4 years? Or every 5 years?

Or in seasons, every 4 seasons or every 5 seasons?
good point.

another thing, i dunno why people include the season in 07 when saying this....the 07 yr, we won the sb. the 11 season, we won the sb.

sb42...43...44...45...46...

3 seasons seperated our sb wins. we won the sb 4 seasons after we won it in 42. we won it in 42, so i just find it odd to include that season in the counting. itd be like counting 0 when counting to 5. like: 0, 1 2 3 4 5 instead of 12345...

whatever the case, does it matter really? if someone wants to count it as a year or season, good for them. if its not the method i practice, ok, so what? dont ttry and tell me how to think or what to say and i wont do it to you

TuckYou
05-21-2012, 09:09 AM
How often would you say the NFC east plays the Afc EAST? Every 4 years? Or every 5 years? Or in seasons, every 4 seasons or every 5 seasons? good point. another thing, i dunno why people include the season in 07 when saying this....the 07 yr, we won the sb. the 11 season, we won the sb. sb42...43...44...45...46... 3 seasons seperated our sb wins. we won the sb 4 seasons after we won it in 42. we won it in 42, so i just find it odd to include that season in the counting. itd be like counting 0 when counting to 5. like: 0, 1 2 3 4 5 instead of 12345... whatever the case, does it matter really? if someone wants to count it as a year or season, good for them. if its not the method i practice, ok, so what? dont ttry and tell me how to think or what to say and i wont do it to you</P>

Exactly. Like I said in another thread. If people say it was 5 years, then those same people would turn 2 when they were just 1 year old. You arent 1 at your DOB, just like it isnt 1 year at SB42. SB43 is 1 year after 44 is 2 years, 45 is 3 years and 46 is 4 years. Its just the way you look at it. I get both ways though, but perfer to say 2 in years, since, mathmatically it is correct. 2011 - 2007 = 4</P>

TuckYou
05-21-2012, 09:09 AM
How often would you say the NFC east plays the Afc EAST? Every 4 years? Or every 5 years? Or in seasons, every 4 seasons or every 5 seasons? good point. another thing, i dunno why people include the season in 07 when saying this....the 07 yr, we won the sb. the 11 season, we won the sb. sb42...43...44...45...46... 3 seasons seperated our sb wins. we won the sb 4 seasons after we won it in 42. we won it in 42, so i just find it odd to include that season in the counting. itd be like counting 0 when counting to 5. like: 0, 1 2 3 4 5 instead of 12345... whatever the case, does it matter really? if someone wants to count it as a year or season, good for them. if its not the method i practice, ok, so what? dont ttry and tell me how to think or what to say and i wont do it to you</P>

Exactly. Like I said in another thread. If people say it was 5 years, then those same people would turn 2 when they were just 1 year old. You arent 1 at your DOB, just like it isnt 1 year at SB42. SB43 is 1 year after 44 is 2 years, 45 is 3 years and 46 is 4 years. Its just the way you look at it. I get both ways though, but perfer to say 2 in years, since, mathmatically it is correct. 2011 - 2007 = 4</P>

JuneauBlue
05-21-2012, 02:01 PM
Wrong. SB42 IS considered the 1 year mark, because the beginning of the season would be considered the "date of birth", to use your analogy. You have to count from the BEGINNING of the 1st season to the END of the last season in question; not from the end of the 1st to the end of the last in question. A child doesn't suddenly come into being on his first birthday; he is IN his first year of life all along, which culminates on a birthday, which is a marker for an entire year PASSED, not a year begun. Any three birthdays are two years apart, technically, so why not always say that you have three birthdays in two years? That's your logic, and it doesn't make sense. You are conveniently lopping off the entire season leading up to SB42 in your calculation The word "year" in sports is most commonly used as a synonym for "season." We won the SB in 2 of the past 5 seasons. Substitute "year" and it's 2 in 5 years. Period. No mathematical or logical sleight of hand changes that. Can this please just end now?

BeatYale
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
February 3rd 2008 to February 5th 2012

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=02&d1=03&y1=2008&m2=02&d2=05&y2=2012

4 years and 2 days separate the 2 Super Bowl Championships.

Case closed.

Morehead State
05-21-2012, 02:25 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Only if we can go retro.</P>

If so...I vote for Izbo. (or maybe Plaxico25..........decisions decisions)</P>

Morehead State
05-21-2012, 02:28 PM

So if a team goes back to back, they've won 2 SB's in one year?</P>

That's a neat trick.</P>

JuneauBlue
05-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Thank you, MS, for crystallizing the point exactly...

BeatYale
05-21-2012, 02:39 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm up for it!!!* There are many that should be considered.</P>

</P>

If so...I vote for Izbo.** (or maybe Plaxico25..........decisions decisions)</P>

Ah, the weekly Eli report cards from good ol' Izbo. My buddy was Izbo's Dad on here, but he's banned until the year 3073 for making that topic in which he posted a photoshop'd Report Card of Izbo's grades from school.

JuneauBlue
05-21-2012, 02:41 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=02&amp;d1=03&amp;y1=2008&amp;m2=02&amp;d2=0 5&amp;y2=2012

Case closed.

Beginning of 2007-2008 season to end of 2011-2012 season. It takes a season to win a Super Bowl, not a day. These are football years we are talking about, not calendar years, and there are 5.

JuneauBlue
05-21-2012, 02:43 PM

</p>

</p>

</p>

I'm up for it!!! There are many that should be considered.</p>

</p>

Only if we can go retro.</p>

If so...I vote for Izbo. (or maybe Plaxico25..........decisions decisions)</p>

Ah, the weekly Eli report cards from good ol' Izbo. My buddy was Izbo's Dad on here, but he's banned until the year 3073 for making that topic in which he posted a photoshop'd Report Card of Izbo's grades from school.

This thread makes one yearn for the relief that only the comic stylings of Izbo could provide...

Morehead State
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

If so...I vote for Izbo. (or maybe Plaxico25..........decisions decisions)</P>

This thread makes one yearn for the relief that only the comic stylings of Izbo could provide...
</P>

I admit that I was down on Eli for one off season. Izbo acted as if Eli stole his lunch and stuck his head in the toilet when he was young.</P>

CTLadyBlue
05-21-2012, 03:18 PM
I can't even believe this is an actual issue.

BeatYale
05-21-2012, 03:28 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=02&d1=03&y1=2008&m2=02&d2=05&y2=2012

Case closed.

Beginning of 2007-2008 season to end of 2011-2012 season. These are football years, not calendar years, and there are 5.

Well it ultimately comes down to the context of how the word year is being used. If it's being used to describe the duration between the 2 Super Bowls. It's correct. If it's being used as a replacement for the word 'season' it's incorrect in this case because 4 is wrong.

I can't believe we're all still replying to this thread lol. I just want everyone to know I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just bored on my break.

Go Giants.

JuneauBlue
05-21-2012, 03:32 PM

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/durationresult.html?m1=02&amp;d1=03&amp;y1=2008&amp;m2=02&amp;d2=0 5&amp;y2=2012

Case closed.

Beginning of 2007-2008 season to end of 2011-2012 season. These are football years, not calendar years, and there are 5.

Well it ultimately comes down to the context of how the word year is being used. If it's being used to describe the duration between the 2 Super Bowls. It's correct. If it's being used as a replacement for the word 'season' it's incorrect in this case because 4 is wrong.

I can't believe we're all still replying to this thread lol. I just want everyone to know I'm not trying to argue here. I'm just bored on my break.

Go Giants.

No hostilities here either, bro...just trying to keep the brain sharp on a Monday...

G-Man67
05-21-2012, 04:28 PM
the Giants have won 40% of all the Super Bowls played since 2008 [:)]</P>

Rudyy
05-21-2012, 04:44 PM
And why is this a huge debate again?

Diamondring
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
the Giants have won 40% of all the Super Bowls played since 2008 [:)]</P>Wow, that is something else and I like it. I hope there are more suprises.

slipknottin
05-21-2012, 06:00 PM
So if a team goes back to back, they've won 2 SB's in one year?

yes, it would be two wins in about one year.

Diamondring
05-21-2012, 06:04 PM
And why is this a huge debate again?I don't know but at least we are in the situation to talk about it..

Rudyy
05-21-2012, 07:27 PM
And why is this a huge debate again?I don't know but at least we are in the situation to talk about it..True, unlike the Eagles. The only thing they can debate is if they will ever win a super bowl.

TuckYou
05-21-2012, 07:48 PM
I can't even believe this is an actual issue.</P>

It really doenst just pertain to this though. People still believe that 2000 was part of last century stating that the years started at 1 because you cant have a year 0. I call them completely misinformed and simple minded. Wait a minute, I'll get a biter. </P>

TuckYou
05-21-2012, 07:50 PM
So if a team goes back to back, they've won 2 SB's in one year? yes, it would be two wins in about one year.</P>

If we win it this year again, I am definitely saying we won 2 SBs in less then a year, 363 days to be exact.</P>

Morehead State
05-21-2012, 09:30 PM
One year in sports= one season.</P>

Not one calander year.</P>

Get real people.</P>

miked1958
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM

That's a neat trick.</P>Lol there it is..... End of discussion

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 08:23 AM

Get real people.</P>

And it's 4 seasons. Unless you are saying the NFC east plays the afc east every 5 seasons.

We do realize when we count you don't include your starting point as 1, right?

buddy33
05-22-2012, 08:56 AM
So if the Burress situation doesn't not happen and they won the Super Bowl hat year would it have been 3 Super Bowls in 4 years or 5?

TuckYou
05-22-2012, 08:57 AM

That's a neat trick.</P>

Lol there it is..... End of discussion</P>

Yes, 2 SBs in one year, 363 days to be exact if we repeat this year. How can you call 363 days 2 years? Its 2 seasons, the 2011 season and 2012 season, but only 363 days between superbowls. </P>

buddy33
05-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Interesting, but seriously the question was how many seasons and its 2 in 5. They won Super Bowl 42. They didn't win 43, 44, or 45. Then they won this year which was Super Bowl 46.

miked1958
05-22-2012, 10:23 AM
Interesting, but seriously the question was how many seasons and its 2 in 5. They won Super Bowl 42. They didn't win 43, 44, or 45. Then they won this year which was Super Bowl 46.There it is. it took 4 pages of posts to get to this. </P>

</P>

This should hopefully end this discussion. lol</P>

TuckYou
05-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Interesting, but seriously the question was how many seasons and its 2 in 5. They won Super Bowl 42. They didn't win 43, 44, or 45. Then they won this year which was Super Bowl 46.</P>

2 in5 seasons, 2 in 4 years. Come on guys, this isnt rocket science. </P>

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 03:42 PM

Get real people.</P>

And it's 4 seasons. Unless you are saying the NFC east plays the afc east every 5 seasons. We do realize when we count you don't include your starting point as 1, right?</P>

Lets see Mr Sunshine.</P>

<FONT size=4>1.......</FONT> 2007 now follow along son.......</P>

<FONT size=4>2.......</FONT>2008 that's 2 my friend</P>

<FONT size=4>3............</FONT> 2009 Up to 3 (your highest completed grade)</P>

<FONT size=4>4.</FONT> ,,,,,,,,,2010 You probably didn't know but 4 comes after 3)</P>

And now the magic number..........</P>

</P>

<FONT size=6>5.......</FONT> 2011</P>

My God Slippy!!!! That's 5 years! For the first time in your life you were wrong!</P>

How will you ever be able to look yourself in the mirror???</P>

</P>

You have to include the first year as one kiddo. That's right Slippy...we won 2 SB's in 5 seasons.</P>

JMFP2
05-22-2012, 04:37 PM
Interesting, but seriously the question was how many seasons and its 2 in 5. They won Super Bowl 42. They didn't win 43, 44, or 45. Then they won this year which was Super Bowl 46.

Agreed....2 SBs in 5 seasons.

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 05:36 PM
That's right Slippy...we won 2 SB's in 5 seasons.</P>

So the AFC East plays the NFC east every 5 years?

Wonder who they play that 4th year then.

Of course your point about a team winning back to back superbowls being incorrect saying they won both in a year is also completely wrong.

Let see, superbowl XLII - February 2008.
Superbowl XLVI - February 2012

2012 minus 2008 = shockingly, it equals 4.

Counting, completely magical to some

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 05:43 PM
That's right Slippy...we won 2 SB's in 5 seasons.

</P>

So the AFC East plays the NFC east every 5 years? Wonder who they play that 4th year then. Of course your point about a team winning back to back superbowls being incorrect saying they won both in a year is also completely wrong.</P>

Between 2007 and 2011 they played each division once (and there are 4) except the AFC East which they played twice. (2007 and 2011)</P>

5 seasons.....2 SB's.</P>

Why are we arguing what 4 + 1 equals Slippy?</P>

Oh yeah....because its you.</P>

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM
>Between 2007 and 2011 they played each division once (and there are 4)*

Oh really? They didnt play the AFC East in both 2007 and 2011?

HMMMM This is some conspiracy.

Kruunch
05-22-2012, 05:46 PM

Get real people.</P>

And it's 4 seasons. Unless you are saying the NFC east plays the afc east every 5 seasons. We do realize when we count you don't include your starting point as 1, right?</P>

<FONT size=4>1.......</FONT> 2007****** now follow along son.......</P>

<FONT size=4>2.......</FONT>*2008******* that's 2 my friend</P>

<FONT size=4>3............</FONT> 2009******** Up to 3 (your highest completed grade)</P>

<FONT size=4>4.</FONT> ,,,,,,,,,2010******* You probably didn't know but 4 comes after 3)</P>

*</P>

My God Slippy!!!!* That's 5 years!* *For the first time in your life you were wrong!</P>

*</P>

You have to include the first year as one kiddo.* That's right Slippy...we won 2 SB's in 5 seasons.</P>

I hate the new math.

Sesame Street ruined numbers for everyone.

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 05:51 PM
&gt;Between 2007 and 2011 they played each division once (and there are 4) Oh really? They didnt play the AFC East in both 2007 and 2011? HMMMM This is some conspiracy.</P>

Huh?</P>

Can't you read?</P>

</P>

Between 2007 and 2011 they played each division once (and there are 4) except the AFC East which they played twice. (2007 and 2011)</P>

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 05:52 PM

Get real people.</P>

<FONT size=4>1.......</FONT> 2007 now follow along son.......</P>

<FONT size=4>2.......</FONT>2008 that's 2 my friend</P>

<FONT size=4>3............</FONT> 2009 Up to 3 (your highest completed grade)</P>

<FONT size=4>4.</FONT> ,,,,,,,,,2010 You probably didn't know but 4 comes after 3)</P>

</P>

My God Slippy!!!! That's 5 years! For the first time in your life you were wrong!</P>

</P>

You have to include the first year as one kiddo. That's right Slippy...we won 2 SB's in 5 seasons.</P>

I hate the new math. Sesame Street ruined numbers for everyone.</P>

Slippy was too busy watching Mr Snuffleupagus.</P>

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 05:53 PM
Huh?</P>

Can't you read?</P>

So you are defining "between 2007-2011" as not including the entire 2011 season?

So instead of starting at 0, like normal people, you count starting at 1, then dont include your endpoint number instead.

So is 2012 and 2008 4 years apart or 5?

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 05:57 PM
Huh?</P>

Can't you read?</P>

So you are defining "between 2007-2011" as not including the entire 2011 season? So instead of starting at 0, like normal people, you count starting at 1, then dont include your endpoint number instead. So is 2012 and 2008 4 years apart or 5?</P>

Well gosh Slipster. I guess I'd have to say yes. If not then you can't include the results of the 2011 season can you? (and Gee willakers Slippy, we won the SB that year)</P>

I feel I need to bend down and give you an internet pat on the head.</P>

</P>

What is your argument here? That you start counting with the number 0?</P>

Hahahahaha!!!!!!! You crack me up!!</P>

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 05:59 PM
Lets further look at your math.

Lets say someone is celebrating their anniversary, and they were married in 2000.

Do they celebrate their 10th anniversary in 2010?

To save confusion, an anniversary is celebrated 1 year after the original event, so a 10 year anniversary would be celebrated 10 years after the event

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
Lets further look at your math. Lets say someone is celebrating their anniversary, and they were married in 2000. Do they celebrate their 10th anniversary in 2010?</P>

Your wedding day is the first day of your first year. A SB win is the last day of the first year.</P>

So the Giants SB win in 2007 was one championship in 0 years?</P>

I love it.......and I love you too you Slipamaniac!</P>

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 06:02 PM
What is your argument here?* That you start counting with the number 0?

No, Im suggesting you are.

We are fighting over the difference of the word "in"

2012 - 2008 = 4. 4 years between superbowls.

So in 4 years (and 2 days) they won 2 SBs.

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
Your wedding day is the first day of your first year.* A SB win is the last day of the first year.

What? So to celebrate the anniversary of winning lets say the 1986 superbowl, the 10th anniversary was really in 1995?

Morehead State
05-22-2012, 06:08 PM
Your wedding day is the first day of your first year. A SB win is the last day of the first year. What? So to celebrate the anniversary of winning lets say the 1986 superbowl, the 10th anniversary was really in 1995?</P>

We aren't talking about anniversary dates. We are talking about football seasons.</P>

5 seasons....2 SB's.</P>

Stop now before I kill!!!!</P>

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 06:16 PM
We aren't talking about anniversary dates.* We are talking about football seasons.</P>

5 seasons....2 SB's.</P>

I dont understand why you are trying to keep the entire 2007 season in this discussion. Its not relevant. 2008 SB win, 2012 SB win.

4 years apart.

Lets see
2007 - end of season win SB
2008 - year 1 after win
2009 - year 2 after win
2010 - year 3 after win
2011 - year 4 - end of season win SB
4 years.

Or lets go by year of SBs

2008 - SB win
2009 - saints
2010 - steelers
2011 - packers
2012 - SB win

Now, this is where you are saying its five years. Lets really think about this. Are 2008 and 2012 5 years apart? Or when 2008 happens is that your starting point... then you count forward?

saints = 1 year anniversary
steelers = 2 year anniversary
packers = 3 year anniverary
giants = 4 year anniversary

I really dont see why you are using the first superbowl win as a 1, its not a 1, its a 0. Thats the starting point.

4 seasons later, the giants won their 2nd SB.

If we include the entire 2007 season, then yes, its 5 seasons apart. But they didnt win the superbowl at the beginning of the 2007 season, they won it at the end. Theres no reason to include that season in this.

Or how about this, how many seasons of football were played after the giants won that first superbowl? the answer is 4.

It took the giants 4 seasons to win another superbowl. I dont know how else to say this.

Roswell777
05-22-2012, 07:06 PM
If you're a fan of the calendar, then the Giants won 2 SBs in four years.

But if you're a sports fan, the Giants won 2 SBs in five years.

I'm a sports fan.

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 07:22 PM

I'm a sports fan.

Makes absolutely no sense. If the giants won the superbowl at the beginning of 2007 season or the end of the 2006 season, then sure.

But they didnt

Roswell777
05-22-2012, 08:18 PM

I'm a sports fan.

Makes absolutely no sense. If the giants won the superbowl at the beginning of 2007 season or the end of the 2006 season, then sure.

But they didnt

Here's why I disagree with you.

In sports, when you say a team, or an individual, had a good year, they mean a good season, not a good calendar year.

Using that criteria is the rule of thumb when chronicaling the accomplishments of sports teams or individuals.

Chronologically you are correct. But for the purposes of a sports discussion it does not address the fact that an entire season had to have been played to get them to that first SB. As a result, your cherry picked stat does not accurately reflect the Giants' accomplishment.

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 08:22 PM
Nobody said the giants had 2 good seasons in 5 years.

Its only about SB wins. The giants won the SB at the end of the 2007 season, they won again at the end of the 2012 season.

4 years apart.

Ive never heard anyone except people here refer to SB wins as entire "season wins" that include week 1 all the way to the end of the season.

Roswell777
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM

Its only about SB wins. The giants won the SB at the end of the 2007 season, they won again at the end of the 2012 season.

4 years apart.

Ive never heard anyone except people here refer to SB wins as entire "season wins" that include week 1 all the way to the end of the season.

So, by your logic, when we talk about how many wins the Giants had in 2011, how do we add it up?

Do we see if they won any playoff games in Jan of 2011 and add that to the victories they had in Sept, Oct, Nov, and Dec of 2011?

Or do we just consider the 2011 regular season (9) and playoff victories (4) from that season?

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 08:44 PM
So, by your logic, when we talk about how many wins the Giants had in 2011, how do we add it up?

How many wins they had in the 2011 season, or in the year 2011?

Roswell777
05-22-2012, 08:57 PM

How many wins they had in the 2011 season, or in the year 2011?

Exactly. Lol

Jet-Blue
05-22-2012, 08:58 PM

4 years apart.

They didn't win at the end of the 2012 season (That starts this Fall), well not yet anyway. It was the end of the 2011 season.

Going one step further and let's forget get about the SB win a few years ago. Let's say the Giants win the SB for the 2012 Season which is held on Feb 3, 2013. That will be 2 SB wins in 2 NFL Seasons, but 2 SB wins in less then 1 calendar year apart.

The offseason is getting way to long.

miked1958
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Can't believe we are still discussing this.

miked1958
05-22-2012, 09:19 PM
Wait Yes I can. Its the offseason and there is nothing to talk about

Roswell777
05-22-2012, 09:22 PM
Wait Yes I can. Its the offseason and there is nothing to talk about

There's always my other favorite team, the Rangers. But that's another thread.

There are two ways to look at this. Our way or the wrong way. lol.

JuneauBlue
05-23-2012, 03:32 AM
Well, I'm glad that's settled. And that we all agree that 2001 was the first year of the 21st century.. [I]

miked1958
05-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Wait Yes I can. Its the offseason and there is nothing to talk about There's always my other favorite team, the Rangers. But that's another thread. There are two ways to look at this. Our way or the wrong way. lol.Mine to. Why cant they follow up a good game with another good game and take a 2game lead in any series?.. seems like after they get a win and have a chance to go up 2games (against Ottawa, Caps and NJ) they totally dont show up and get out played and embarrassed the following game.

miked1958
05-23-2012, 09:09 AM
now i think they actually had a 3 game winning streak when they beat Ottawa in game 6 and 7 and Caps in game 1. but they were down 3-2 in opening series so they had to win those 2 or go home and they never held a 2game lead in that series. Then the opening game victory over the Caps gave them 3 wins in a row but it was in another series and they followed up that game with a TANKER in game 2. </P>

</P>

They also won 2 in a row againby winning game 7 vs Caps and Game 1 vs NJ..But it was over 2 different series.... </P>

</P>

</P>

miked1958
05-23-2012, 09:11 AM
I know this is off topic and not Giants related and will prob get these comments deleted or moved ot general sports in a Rangers Thread... but...</P>

</P>

I really would like them to win the next 2 games and look good doing it.. is that too much to ask for..lol</P>

buddy33
05-23-2012, 09:21 AM
So what defines the end of the season? To me it's the Super Bowl which is always after New Years Day. So if that marks the end of the NFL season, the Giants won Super Bowl 42, then they where not in the next 3 (43,44, and 45), and then they won Super Bowl 46. Isn't that 2 Super Bowls in 5 NFL seasons and 2 Super Bowl wins in 4 years from 2008 to 2012?

giantsfan420
05-23-2012, 09:30 AM

4 years apart.

Thank you. I could never word it right. Ur last point is so true. I tried saying its like counting to five and starting with zero ie 012345.

buddy33
05-23-2012, 09:48 AM
Doesn't 12-7=5 years?

Morehead State
05-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Nobody said the giants had 2 good seasons in 5 years. Its only about SB wins. The giants won the SB at the end of the 2007 season, they won again at the end of the 2012 season. 4 years apart. Ive never heard anyone except people here refer to SB wins as entire "season wins" that include week 1 all the way to the end of the season. Thank you. I could never word it right. Ur last point is so true. I tried saying its like counting to five and starting with zero ie 012345.</P>

You two guys are nuts. No one in their right mind would call a SB win in 2007 and another in 2011, "two SB's in 4 years"</P>

It was 2 in 5 years. When Kobe has a good year, are they talking about from Jan1 to December 31? No. When we say Eli had a good year last season, are we excluding all games after Jan. 1?</P>

No. </P>

In sports...1 year equals 1 season. The Giants won 2 SB's in the past 5 seasons. 2 SB's in the last 5 years.</P>

You guys are arguing just to pass the time. And while generally I like to encourage that kind of anti social behavior, in this case its rediculous.</P>

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 11:03 AM
We aren't talking about anniversary dates. We are talking about football seasons.

</P>

5 seasons....2 SB's.</P>

I dont understand why you are trying to keep the entire 2007 season in this discussion. Its not relevant. 2008 SB win, 2012 SB win. 4 years apart. Lets see 2007 - end of season win SB 2008 - year 1 after win 2009 - year 2 after win 2010 - year 3 after win 2011 - year 4 - end of season win SB 4 years. Or lets go by year of SBs 2008 - SB win 2009 - saints 2010 - steelers 2011 - packers 2012 - SB win Now, this is where you are saying its five years. Lets really think about this. Are 2008 and 2012 5 years apart? Or when 2008 happens is that your starting point... then you count forward? saints = 1 year anniversary steelers = 2 year anniversary packers = 3 year anniverary giants = 4 year anniversary I really dont see why you are using the first superbowl win as a 1, its not a 1, its a 0. Thats the starting point. 4 seasons later, the giants won their 2nd SB. If we include the entire 2007 season, then yes, its 5 seasons apart. But they didnt win the superbowl at the beginning of the 2007 season, they won it at the end. Theres no reason to include that season in this. Or how about this, how many seasons of football were played after the giants won that first superbowl? the answer is 4. It took the giants 4 seasons to win another superbowl. I dont know how else to say this.</P>

I agree with Slip. When Christ died, it wasnt 1AD already. The year 1 was 1 year after his death. You dont start on 1, you start on 0. When you start a stopwatch, it does start on 1 second, it starts at 0:00. When a baby is born, they arent 1 year old from day 1, they are a day old, then a year later, they are 1. Therefore, when counting dates, you start at 0, meaning a starting point, an event that happened. Then the next year, it is 1 year after. Then 2, then 3, then 4.</P>

SB 42 Win = 0
SB 43 = 1 year later
SB 44 = 2 years later
SB 45 = 3 years later
SB 46 = 4 years later</P>

4 years between superbowl wins for the Giants. 2 in 5 seasons. </P>

I can't explain it any easier or simplify it any more then that. </P>

If you still disagree, add an extra year to your life, add an extra second to anything you time, count this as year 2013, and go play with some legos. </P>

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 11:06 AM
Doesn't 12-7=5 years? Yeah, and? Do you have a point?

buddy33
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
In another post it was said that they won a Super Bowl at the end of the 2007 season and again at the end of the 2012 and that was 4 years apart.

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
In another post it was said that they won a Super Bowl at the end of the 2007 season and again at the end of the 2012 and that was 4 years apart. </P>

End of 2012? Has that happened already? </P>

buddy33
05-23-2012, 11:22 AM
That's why I brought I up. Could have been a typo.

Jet-Blue
05-23-2012, 02:04 PM
That's why I brought I up. Could have been a typo.

Typo or brain Freeze, but either way the 2012 Season is about 3 months away.

How about forget years and just look at the SB Winners from the Giants win in SB 42:

SB 42 - Giants
SB 43 - Steelers
SB 44 - Saints
SB 45 - Packers
SB 46 - Giants

Looks to be 2 wins in 5 SB's

byron
05-23-2012, 02:20 PM
so heres where we at </P>

2 SB's wins in4 years" chronologically speaking"</P>

2 SB's in 5 seasons</P>

and now 2 SB wins of the last 5 SB's played "arsome new fomula"[;)]</P>

</P>

Excellent !! three different ways of looking at it and all are correct some how !![:|]</P>

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 02:31 PM

2 SB's in 5 seasons</P>

</P>

Excellent !! three different ways of looking at it and all are correct some how !![:|]</P>

</P>

If we win the SB in the 2012 season, we would have won 2 Superbowls in less then 1 year (363 days). DOUBLE AWESOME!</P>

byron
05-23-2012, 02:39 PM

2 SB's in 5 seasons</P>

</P>

</P>

If we win the SB in the 2012 season, we would have won 2 Superbowls in less then 1 year (363 days). DOUBLE AWESOME!</P>

oooh man !!thats gonna throw a wrench into all our previous calculations !!!</P>

hope it happens tho !! Go Giants!! </P>

Morehead State
05-23-2012, 02:42 PM

2 SB's in 5 seasons</P>

</P>

</P>

oooh man !!thats gonna throw a wrench into all our previous calculations !!!</P>

</P>

Don't encourage them Byron.</P>

Jet-Blue
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM
So much easier being a Jets Fans! LOL

1 SB win in 1969 for the 1968 Season. At this point no one is counting years, it was just sometime in the last century!

Morehead State
05-23-2012, 02:48 PM
So much easier being a Jets Fans! LOL 1 SB win in 1969 for the 1968 Season. At this point no one is counting years, it was just sometime in the last century!</P>

It was a cloudy day in Miami. And a very fun game to watch.</P>

byron
05-23-2012, 02:58 PM

2 SB's in 5 seasons</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Don't encourage them Byron.</P> ha.... I was just getting started...[:(] got to use some smiley faces !