PDA

View Full Version : LT is NOT selling his Superbowl ring online

TuckYou
05-18-2012, 10:56 AM
<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From Jay Glazer: "Lawrence Taylor just reached out to me through a mutual friend re the auction of his SB ring. Taylor had ZERO clue this was happening! Years ago he gave his rings to his son TJ, who apparently put it up"</SPAN></P>

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN></P>

Kruunch
05-18-2012, 11:51 AM
<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">From Jay Glazer: "Lawrence Taylor just reached out to me through a mutual friend re the auction of his SB ring. Taylor had ZERO clue this was happening! Years ago he gave his rings to his son TJ, who apparently put it up"</span></p>

<span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"></span></p>

Crying shame.

And why would you give your Superbowl ring to your son (before you died)?!

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 11:53 AM
LAWRENCE TAYLOR REPORTEDLY UNAWARE SUPER BOWL RING WAS BEING AUCTIONED, GIANTS GREAT AND NFL HALL OF FAMER SAYS HE GAVE RING TO HIS SON (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/lawrence-taylor-reportedly-unaware-super-bowl-ring-auctioned-giants-great-nfl-hall-famer-gave-ring-son-article-1.1080585)

"Lawrence Taylor (http://www.nydailynews.com/topics/Lawrence+Taylor) has
no problem with his Super Bowl XXV ring being auctioned off to the highest
bidder. But it wasn't his idea to do it.<div style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

The Giants legend and Hall of Fame linebacker was reportedly unaware that the
championship ring was being sold by SCP Auctions because he had long ago given
it to his son, T.J., according to Fox Sports. Taylor's long-time agent contacted
the apparently surprised former Giants linebacker, the report said, and he
indicated T.J.'s decision to sell the ring was "fine".</p>

"Lawrence was in fact unaware of it," Taylor's agent, Mark Lepselter, said in
the statement to Fox. "But said he gave it to T.J. and it's his right to do what
he wants with it. He's fine with whatever T.J. decided."</p>

[/url]</div>
[url="http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/lawrence-taylor-reportedly-unaware-super-bowl-ring-auctioned-giants-great-nfl-hall-famer-gave-ring-son-article-1.1080585"] (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/giants/lawrence-taylor-reportedly-unaware-super-bowl-ring-auctioned-giants-great-nfl-hall-famer-gave-ring-son-article-1.1080585#ixzz1vElXCvrf)

VelocityVirus
05-18-2012, 07:18 PM
That's a pretty scumbag thing to do. If my dad was a football legend and gave me his superbowl ring, putting them up for auction would be the last thing I would do with them.

Tuckit91
05-18-2012, 07:23 PM
That's a pretty scumbag thing to do. If my dad was a football legend and gave me his superbowl ring, putting them up for auction would be the last thing I would do with them.

Money talks!

C1010
05-18-2012, 08:39 PM
That sucks that his son is putting it up for sale. Lets hope he doesn't auction off the SB 21 ring as well.

JJC7301
05-19-2012, 12:15 AM
SB rings sound like something you pass down through the family, but then again, if his son is having legitimate financial issues then taking care of your family is more important than the rings themselves. I have no idea what TJ's life is like, but i'm just saying that there are more important things than the rings.

Sad that LT doesn't know what TJ is up to. Doesn't sound like a close relationship.

Diamondring
05-19-2012, 05:46 AM
That sucks that his son is putting it up for sale. Lets hope he doesn't auction off the SB 21 ring as well.
Imagine a eagle's player or owner buys it. That would be messed up.

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 08:19 AM
Osi Umenyiora ?@OsiUmenyiora Attn:All L.T, NYG, NFL FANS! If i get 1million followers, i will buy L.T's ring back and give it to him. The 1,000,000th will give it to him

FBomb
05-19-2012, 08:26 AM
<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From Jay Glazer: "Lawrence Taylor just reached out to me through a mutual friend re the auction of his SB ring. Taylor had ZERO clue this was happening! Years ago he gave his rings to his son TJ, who apparently put it up"</SPAN></P>

Crying shame.

</P>

Safest way to avoid selling them in a cocaine induced frenzy is to just give them away.</P>

Redeyejedi
05-19-2012, 08:51 AM

<SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'></SPAN>*</P>

Crying shame.

</P>

Safest way to avoid selling them in a cocaine induced frenzy is to just give them away.</P> He should of . Kind of Dirty to sell your dads ring I think

FBomb
05-19-2012, 08:53 AM

Crying shame.

</P>

Safest way to avoid selling them in a cocaine induced frenzy is to just give them away.</P>

He should of . Kind of Dirty to sell your dads ring I think</P>

Not knowing all the details. I hope it isn't because he's going down the same dark path his father did and he's only doing it because he NEEDS the money.</P>

TuckYou
05-19-2012, 09:28 AM
Osi Umenyiora ?@OsiUmenyiora Attn:All L.T, NYG, NFL FANS! If i get 1million followers, i will buy L.T's ring back and give it to him. The 1,000,000th will give it to him</P>

Awesome</P>

Harooni
05-19-2012, 06:55 PM
The fact that lt is "fine " with it suggest he sort of ok'd it before hand probably money troubles after he was set up.