PDA

View Full Version : Your favorite 2013 pass rusher

BluGiantPies
05-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Who's your favorite pass rusher in this very deep and talented pass rusher draft. Keke mingo is the one I'd most like to see in blue next year. I like his motor and the way he uses his hands to get off blocks which is something that not a lot of college defensive ends know how to do. There are so many quality pass rushers in next years draft that guys who would be first round locks in other years will be pushed down into the second.
Jarvis Jones
Sam Montgomery
Keke mingo
Alex okafor
Jackson jeffcoat
Dion Jordan
Margus hunt
William gholston
Brandon Jenkins
Bjoern werner
Devin taylor
Damontre moore
Corey lemonier

Who's your guy and why

BlueSanta
05-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Assuming he comes out, Bjoern Werner.

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.

miked1958
07-17-2012, 06:44 AM
Jarvis Jones for me

juice33s
07-24-2012, 09:50 PM
This draft does seem to be stacked with defensive ends and with Osi's contract up at the end of the year I expect a pass rusher to be a high priority for the Giants....Obviously I need to see way more of these guys before a final decision, but at first glance I'll go with Mingo. The guy's an athletic freak who looks like a puma chasing down his prey

greenca190
07-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I feel like Mingo is definitely going in the first round though. Guys who put up stats in the SEC aren't overlooked.

rainierjef
07-25-2012, 06:51 PM
1st round depending on where we pick if its late i hope for DE/TE/DT/S in that order. i think the tight-end class is going to be good this upcoming year. ca't wait for college football to start so i can see some of these pass rushers

GoDeep80
07-26-2012, 01:05 AM
Margus Hunt is the guy for me. He reminds me a lot of Jared Allen. He's also versatile enough to play DE and DT. Kid is a force.

nycsportzfan
07-26-2012, 08:47 AM

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run. I'm on record as being a jackson jeffcoat guy.. I love his length and athletiscim.. I could see him standing up and putting his hand in the ground, and hes got a mighty quick first step, and looks somewhat comfortable dropping into coverege.. I think hes a complete DE, with versatility to do many diffrent things..

Captain Chaos
07-27-2012, 03:46 AM
I'm not sure that Osi won't be back next season, but you never know. Think you have to look at a project guy, don't need somone right away. Don't think we take a first rounder. But I do like Jeffcoat...very athletic

TheAnalyst
08-01-2012, 02:14 PM
From watching the previous years, Id say Jarvis Jones right now. Mingo might be a better 3-4 OLB / Pass rusher.

penguinfarmer
08-05-2012, 02:16 PM
I know the knee jerk reaction will be to replace the speed edge rusher in Osi. However, as JPP continues to improve, I think there will be no need on the right side. I think I'd rather sacrifice a little explosion for some strength and length as the LE to back up Tuck. Not too fond of Gholston as of now, but I'll keep an eye on him. Also, hoping to see if Michael Buchanon can gain some weight.

nycsportzfan
08-26-2012, 04:10 AM
Margus Hunt is the guy for me. He reminds me a lot of Jared Allen. He's also versatile enough to play DE and DT. Kid is a force. Hunt is my 2nd guy.. A sleeper i like is Craig Roh of Michigan(just as a mid rd guy i like).. Rohs got some Jake Bequette formerly of Arkansas and now of the Patriots in him..

Redeyejedi
08-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Hunt is my 2nd guy.. A sleeper i like is Craig Roh of Michigan(just as a mid rd guy i like).. Rohs got some Jake Bequette formerly of Arkansas and now of the Patriots in him..Everyone loves Hunt and while his Pittsburgh game/measurements are impressive some of his tape is very mediocre

Redeyejedi
08-26-2012, 04:15 PM
Dion Jordan will jump up boards. Has outstanding length and athletic ability. At times lines up as a Boundary corner in zone coverage. Needs to add weight and how could u not love a guy that almost got killed by a Vacuum cleaner. I like VT DE James Gayle alot 2.He has great burst , can bend the corner and has plenty of pass rush moves

nycsportzfan
09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
Dion Jordan will jump up boards. Has outstanding length and athletic ability. At times lines up as a Boundary corner in zone coverage. Needs to add weight and how could u not love a guy that almost got killed by a Vacuum cleaner. I like VT DE James Gayle alot 2.He has great burst , can bend the corner and has plenty of pass rush moves I coulden't agree more Redeye.. Another guy i like as more of a 3rd-5th rd type DE is Cameron Meredith DE Nebraska.. Dude is ultra active and has the strength to hold up against the run despite not huge size as well as speed to rush the passer.. Hes definetly someone to keep a eye on..

Redeyejedi
09-06-2012, 05:41 PM
This looks like a deep pool of pass rushers. Who knows maybe Tracy or Ojomo ends up being really good and we dont need 1. i know right now this team needs a complete overhaul on the Oline. I think they need at least 3 spots upgraded. I would even say all 5 if Snee doesnt bounce back

BlueSanta
09-15-2012, 02:40 PM

He can play either side but the fact that he spends most of his time at the LDE makes him a hot commodity. Furthermore, he is good vs the run.
still very early, but I am liking my call thus far.

He led NCAA with 5 coming into today despite only having played 3 quarters of football. He already has 2 more today in the 1st half.

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 11:31 PM
still very early, but I am liking my call thus far.

He led NCAA with 5 coming into today despite only having played 3 quarters of football. He already has 2 more today in the 1st half. Definetly, Werner is looking beastly! I would have to say hes the best of the bunch that i've seen so far.. The texas boys look really good as well.. I was off on Margus Hunt and Criag Roh so far.. Neither is very impressive this yr, at least to this point.. I don't really think about the LSU boys or Jarvis Jones, becasue chances are were not getting one of em.

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Definetly, Werner is looking beastly! I would have to say hes the best of the bunch that i've seen so far.. The texas boys look really good as well.. I was off on Margus Hunt and Criag Roh so far.. Neither is very impressive this yr, at least to this point.. I don't really think about the LSU boys or Jarvis Jones, becasue chances are were not getting one of em. We need another pure pass rusher.Jarvis Jones would be sick but thats not happening

nycsportzfan
09-27-2012, 07:25 AM
We need another pure pass rusher.Jarvis Jones would be sick but thats not happening Ya, theres no sense of even thinking about the LSU boys or J.Jones.. All though, if one is to drop to say the teens, then maybe we could pull a Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and trade up and give up a ton to secure either Montgomery or Jarvis Jones.. Extremely doubtful though.. I'd be totally fine trading up for a Jackson Jeffcoat though.. U want to know whos a freaking beast and i also would not mind trading up alittle to get? Eric Reid! To me, hes the Mark Barron of this yrs S class.. If were to lose KP, i'd have no issue trading up for a guy like Reid...

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 08:44 AM
Ya, theres no sense of even thinking about the LSU boys or J.Jones.. All though, if one is to drop to say the teens, then maybe we could pull a Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and trade up and give up a ton to secure either Montgomery or Jarvis Jones.. Extremely doubtful though.. I'd be totally fine trading up for a Jackson Jeffcoat though.. U want to know whos a freaking beast and i also would not mind trading up alittle to get? Eric Reid! To me, hes the Mark Barron of this yrs S class.. If were to lose KP, i'd have no issue trading up for a guy like Reid...

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...sPEAKING OF mONTGOMERY DID THIS BUT DIDnt UPLOAD IT YET TO THE PAGE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r_SK-Q-u-s&feature=plcp

Redeyejedi
09-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Ya, theres no sense of even thinking about the LSU boys or J.Jones.. All though, if one is to drop to say the teens, then maybe we could pull a Atlanta Falcons with Julio Jones and trade up and give up a ton to secure either Montgomery or Jarvis Jones.. Extremely doubtful though.. I'd be totally fine trading up for a Jackson Jeffcoat though.. U want to know whos a freaking beast and i also would not mind trading up alittle to get? Eric Reid! To me, hes the Mark Barron of this yrs S class.. If were to lose KP, i'd have no issue trading up for a guy like Reid...

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...I havent liked what ive seen from Reid this year. I havent put a video up yet but he has not played well. Against North Texas he blew coverage twice that cost LSU both the TD's. Hasnt been the difference maker he was last year. Although I have to say only 2 guys have looked good to me so far for LSU ,LB Kevin Minter and Sam Montgomery. Sam really only played well against Auburn but looked like the best player on the field. Mingo hasnt recorded a sack yet but he has been disruptive. I wonder if these guys are just sleep walking so far. Maybe the close call against Auburn will wake them up

juice33s
09-27-2012, 02:48 PM

I'm not for trading a entire draft though, but if we can move up 5-8 spots and get a player like Jeffcoat or Reid, i'd be ok with it.. Of course, it'd be pointless to me though, if guys like Okafor and Short and Chance Warmack are on board , because then i'd rather keep my picks and see if i can nab one of those staying put.. But again, Eric Reid is sensational, and a true diffrence maker.. I think Reid is gonna have Troy Polamalu type impact for a team.. Hes got some Ronnie Lott in him as well, as he hits like a Mack Truck...

Reid's a hell of a tackler, but imo I don't think he brings enough to the table coverage wise to warrant a first round pick much less trade up to get him...Also imo the safety position itself doesn't even really warrant a 1st round pick unless they're names are Polamalu and Reed and none of these guys are at that level.

For my money I'll take FSU's Lamarcus Joyner in the 3-4 round range (drops due to his lack of size). He's a much more dynamic player imo as he has the skills to drop in to the nickel and play man 2 man on a WR....Also he play's bigger then his listed 5'8" 195 due in part to very long arms, pound for pound strength and high level acceleration.

But if you were dead set on picking a safety ealry I'd wait till the 2nd round for for guys like Vaccaro, McDonald and Rambo as I don't think there's to great a gap between them and Reid....But once again my guy's Joyner in the 3-4 range

nycsportzfan
09-27-2012, 07:33 PM
I havent liked what ive seen from Reid this year. I havent put a video up yet but he has not played well. Against North Texas he blew coverage twice that cost LSU both the TD's. Hasnt been the difference maker he was last year. Although I have to say only 2 guys have looked good to me so far for LSU ,LB Kevin Minter and Sam Montgomery. Sam really only played well against Auburn but looked like the best player on the field. Mingo hasnt recorded a sack yet but he has been disruptive. I wonder if these guys are just sleep walking so far. Maybe the close call against Auburn will wake them up Maybe ur right about Reid, but i believe u to be wrong about Montgomery looking like best player on the field in LSU/AUB game.. Unless u mean for LSU only? Because Corey Lemonier was by far the best player on the field in that game..

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 08:30 AM
Maybe ur right about Reid, but i believe u to be wrong about Montgomery looking like best player on the field in LSU/AUB game.. Unless u mean for LSU only? Because Corey Lemonier was by far the best player on the field in that game.. I meant for LSU, yes. It seems like the winner of Alabama and LSU will be in the National Title game and then Oregon, FSU, WV id say in that order have the best opportunity if they win out. FSU's schedule to me is a joke. I really dont think they should play for a championship even if they go undefeated. Clemson is the best team they will play. Dont get me wrong CLemsons good but they arent a Top 10 team.

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 08:36 AM
Reid's a hell of a tackler, but imo I don't think he brings enough to the table coverage wise to warrant a first round pick much less trade up to get him...Also imo the safety position itself doesn't even really warrant a 1st round pick unless they're names are Polamalu and Reed and none of these guys are at that level.

For my money I'll take FSU's Lamarcus Joyner in the 3-4 round range (drops due to his lack of size). He's a much more dynamic player imo as he has the skills to drop in to the nickel and play man 2 man on a WR....Also he play's bigger then his listed 5'8" 195 due in part to very long arms, pound for pound strength and high level acceleration.

But if you were dead set on picking a safety ealry I'd wait till the 2nd round for for guys like Vaccaro, McDonald and Rambo as I don't think there's to great a gap between them and Reid....But once again my guy's Joyner in the 3-4 range U like Joyner 2. I really wonder what NFL Scouts will think of him.He has huge value on special teams as a return man and gunner so I know he will get drafted before the 5th round. I wonder if they will view him as a starter. He is such a good player the only thing holding him back is that he is under 5'8". He is always lurking around on every play. U see my vid of him vs Notre Dame.Going to make another 2 just not enough plays yet to do it. How great was Nigel Bradham in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0xLymRs2Y

juice33s
09-28-2012, 09:55 PM
U like Joyner 2. I really wonder what NFL Scouts will think of him.He has huge value on special teams as a return man and gunner so I know he will get drafted before the 5th round. I wonder if they will view him as a starter. He is such a good player the only thing holding him back is that he is under 5'8". He is always lurking around on every play. U see my vid of him vs Notre Dame.Going to make another 2 just not enough plays yet to do it. How great was Nigel Bradham in this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH0xLymRs2Y
Obviously his height will be his major draw back, but he makes up for it with physicallity, aggressiveness and instincts for the game and I'll take a guy with those intangibles any day over a guy who may be 2-3 inches taller. There have been 5'8 safety's before in B. Sanders, Jim leonhard ect so i see no reason why Joyner can't be the next undersized safety to have some success.

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 11:49 PM
I meant for LSU, yes. It seems like the winner of Alabama and LSU will be in the National Title game and then Oregon, FSU, WV id say in that order have the best opportunity if they win out. FSU's schedule to me is a joke. I really dont think they should play for a championship even if they go undefeated. Clemson is the best team they will play. Dont get me wrong CLemsons good but they arent a Top 10 team. I honestly see LSU slipping up at some point.. There defense was really good, but there offense is bad.. I can see a defense scoring or getting in scoring positon from turnovers and LSU losing a close one or 2.. I was so unimpressed with LSU last week against AUBURN, its not even funny.. I think LSU is gonna have to watch out against MISS St and BAMA, as well as possibly A&M... I think they lose 2of those 3... Shoot, South Carolina could easily score on defense a couple times aginst LSU...

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 02:41 AM

But if you were dead set on picking a safety ealry I'd wait till the 2nd round for for guys like Vaccaro, McDonald and Rambo as I don't think there's to great a gap between them and Reid....But once again my guy's Joyner in the 3-4 range i think u guys are under estimating Reid alitte.. Sure, he brings the thump on tackles and i've seen him force fumbles on Special teams and from the S spot, but hes also made some tremendsous plays against the pass as well.. I believe it was Reid who made that huge PICK against future NFL TE Michael Williams in the first bama/lsu contest last yr, wrestling it away from the monster sized TE... Also, i've seen him really anticipate on another pick cutting across the field and picking the pass and then running all in one motion, showing great awarness and instincts.. I think hes a complete S and easily a 1st rd talent.. Albeit, i love Kenny Vaccaro as well, but i also think Vaccaro is a 1st rd talent.. Shoot, i think Baccari Rambo is close to a 1st rd talent, that is gonna somehow go in the 3rd rd range, which is utterly insane! I tell ya what, whoever gets Rambo that late, straight up got the steal of the draft.. Every time i watched GA last yr, he was making plays.. But that is to take nothing away from Reid, because i think there are about 4-5safteys that are 1st rd talents this yr, regardless of where people have them projected to go... I woulden't be surprised if 5safteys went in the first rd and a half...

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 10:44 AM
I honestly see LSU slipping up at some point.. There defense was really good, but there offense is bad.. I can see a defense scoring or getting in scoring positon from turnovers and LSU losing a close one or 2.. I was so unimpressed with LSU last week against AUBURN, its not even funny.. I think LSU is gonna have to watch out against MISS St and BAMA, as well as possibly A&M... I think they lose 2of those 3... Shoot, South Carolina could easily score on defense a couple times aginst LSU... haha.. Lsu struggles with Towson hours after this post.. Thats exactly why i don't care for this team and i think they'll slip up.. I think the 2best teams are Alabama and Oregon.. That is what i think our NC game will be.. LSU str

Redeyejedi
09-30-2012, 10:48 AM
I honestly see LSU slipping up at some point.. There defense was really good, but there offense is bad.. I can see a defense scoring or getting in scoring positon from turnovers and LSU losing a close one or 2.. I was so unimpressed with LSU last week against AUBURN, its not even funny.. I think LSU is gonna have to watch out against MISS St and BAMA, as well as possibly A&M... I think they lose 2of those 3... Shoot, South Carolina could easily score on defense a couple times aginst LSU...I might of tweeted it instead of saying it here but I said after Week 2 LSU looked shak to me. They havent played very well. i thought it was just not being up for the games but now its every week.

Redeyejedi
09-30-2012, 10:49 AM
haha.. Lsu struggles with Towson hours after this post.. Thats exactly why i don't care for this team and i think they'll slip up.. I think the 2best teams are Alabama and Oregon.. That is what i think our NC game will be.. LSU strIt looks like Alabama vs Oregon or FSU. FSU schedule is very favorable to go undefeated

BornBrooklyn
10-01-2012, 02:36 PM
Devin Taylor, because he's 6'8" & has good endurance. Can cover some TE's as well as play the run.

BlueSanta
10-01-2012, 04:54 PM
It looks like Alabama vs Oregon or FSU. FSU schedule is very favorable to go undefeated
FSU has a problem, and it brings up an situation that the NCAA is terrified of.

I believe at least 1 team from the SEC, likely Bama will be in the game even if they have 1 loss. As you mention, Oregon also has a decent chance of running the tables. However, FSU has a serious problem. While they can go undefeated they will likely end up lower in the rankings than 1 or 2 SEC teams that may only have 1 loss. This is due to their schedule being weak this year, however, it gets complicated:

What is interesting is that the reason it will be too weak will be because WVA dumped FSU off their schedule last spring when they signed with the big 10 for the future. This forced FSU to scramble for an opponents when everyone's schedule was already full leaving them with Savanna State as the only option. Last Spring, mumbles from FSU were already voicing concerns about this exact scenario. I would not be surprised if FSU went undefeated, gets left out of the Big game, then takes legal action vs WVA for the lost revenue of being dropped from the schedule at the last second. It is a situation that the NCAA fears, but 1 that is very possible.

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 07:56 PM
FSU has a problem, and it brings up an situation that the NCAA is terrified of.

I believe at least 1 team from the SEC, likely Bama will be in the game even if they have 1 loss. As you mention, Oregon also has a decent chance of running the tables. However, FSU has a serious problem. While they can go undefeated they will likely end up lower in the rankings than 1 or 2 SEC teams that may only have 1 loss. This is due to their schedule being weak this year, however, it gets complicated:

What is interesting is that the reason it will be too weak will be because WVA dumped FSU off their schedule last spring when they signed with the big 10 for the future. This forced FSU to scramble for an opponents when everyone's schedule was already full leaving them with Savanna State as the only option. Last Spring, mumbles from FSU were already voicing concerns about this exact scenario. I would not be surprised if FSU went undefeated, gets left out of the Big game, then takes legal action vs WVA for the lost revenue of being dropped from the schedule at the last second. It is a situation that the NCAA fears, but 1 that is very possible.Good info didnt know that. Add WV to that schedule with Clemson and Florida it looks better.

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 08:03 PM
haha.. Lsu struggles with Towson hours after this post.. Thats exactly why i don't care for this team and i think they'll slip up.. I think the 2best teams are Alabama and Oregon.. That is what i think our NC game will be.. LSU str LSU loses to Florida! I made this original post after there close WIN against Auburn.. Since then they got a game against Towson and lost to Florida... I knew they were gonna slip up and weren't as good as many thought...

Redeyejedi
10-07-2012, 11:12 PM
LSU loses to Florida! I made this original post after there close WIN against Auburn.. Since then they got a game against Towson and lost to Florida... I knew they were gonna slip up and weren't as good as many thought...They looked good in the Washington game other then that they didnt play well in any other game. I like Notre Dame if they had a better QB they could be a threat. That defense is really good

Redeyejedi
10-07-2012, 11:15 PM
Speaking of pass rushers Okafor really impressed me this week. Looks like a very good Strongside end prospect. With Tuck declining he might not be a bad get. Ive fallen in love with Ezekiel Ansah. Im wondering though how old he is. BYU prospects are generally around 25 when they graduate. I couldnt find his age anywhere

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 03:33 PM
Speaking of pass rushers Okafor really impressed me this week. Looks like a very good Strongside end prospect. With Tuck declining he might not be a bad get. Ive fallen in love with Ezekiel Ansah. Im wondering though how old he is. BYU prospects are generally around 25 when they graduate. I couldnt find his age anywhere I've been mocking Okafor to us in RD 1 for about 3straight weeks.. Clear as day we need a Pass rusher, and Okafor fits well opposite JPP..

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 03:35 PM
They looked good in the Washington game other then that they didnt play well in any other game. I like Notre Dame if they had a better QB they could be a threat. That defense is really good I just wasen't impressed with there win against AUB and totally wasen't feeling Zach Mettenberger as a QB.. Its pretty sad that Matt Flynn is the best QB u have in a decade(that i can remember?).. I don't know why LSU has so much trouble finding a QB.. How do htey not get a Russell Wilson, or a Tyler Wilson, or Tyler Bray, or even Everett Golson for godsake!!!lol

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 03:39 PM
They looked good in the Washington game other then that they didnt play well in any other game. I like Notre Dame if they had a better QB they could be a threat. That defense is really good Ya ND's defense is legit.. I love Prince Shembo and Te'o.. Louis Nix is no joke as a run stuffer as well! I love there offense as well.. They got a great RB trio, that seems to have diffrent strengths that all adl, sd up to a complete back.. They got the scat back type in Theo Rid****, that can catch the ball, split out..etc, they also got the prototypical back in Cierre Wood, who has solid size, and a good overall game, and they got the speedster in George Atkinson.. Thats a nice complete trio of backs, that all bring something diffrent to the table.. They have a solid oline as well, led by Braxston Cave at C.. Cave should get a look by a NFL team... The freshman QB Golson is really making strides as well..

jaxnygmen
10-20-2012, 09:25 PM
How about J. Clowney from South Carolina. He is a beast.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 02:06 AM
How about J. Clowney from South Carolina. He is a beast.

He certainly is, but he is only 19 and isnt really a 2013 guy. That said, whenever he does come out he is likely going to be either a #1 overall selection or very close to it.

slipknottin
10-21-2012, 02:20 AM
He certainly is, but he is only 19 and isnt really a 2013 guy. That said, whenever he does come out he is likely going to be either a #1 overall selection or very close to it.

Yea, he cant declare for the draft this year. Have to be at least 2 years removed from high school, he is only a true sophmore.

The worst team in the league next year will be able to draft Clowney, and probably have Tyrann Mathieu available to them with their 2nd pick. Imagine a defense adding those two.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 06:31 AM
Yea, he cant declare for the draft this year. Have to be at least 2 years removed from high school, he is only a true sophmore.

The worst team in the league next year will be able to draft Clowney, and probably have Tyrann Mathieu available to them with their 2nd pick. Imagine a defense adding those two.

Eww i dunno bout the Mathieu pick. Some concerns there for me. He never proved that he could cover in my eyes. He is a hell of a ball hawk and playmaker, but at his size he needs to be able to cover. Of course, the year off combined with a drug problem and multiple other character concerns are also a consideration.

penguinfarmer
10-21-2012, 08:33 AM
Mathieu is perfect for a cover 2 team. Is his height a hindrance? Sure, especially against some bigger receivers. But when put in a proper system, it shouldn't negate what he has shown. Some team will take an early flyer on him.

nycsportzfan
10-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Eww i dunno bout the Mathieu pick. Some concerns there for me. He never proved that he could cover in my eyes. He is a hell of a ball hawk and playmaker, but at his size he needs to be able to cover. Of course, the year off combined with a drug problem and multiple other character concerns are also a consideration.i agree with u santa.. I don't even think hes the player that Alphonso Smith was as a CB anyways, and i'm just not a fan of CB's under 5ft 10inch...

slipknottin
10-21-2012, 11:53 AM
Eww i dunno bout the Mathieu pick. Some concerns there for me. He never proved that he could cover in my eyes. He is a hell of a ball hawk and playmaker, but at his size he needs to be able to cover. Of course, the year off combined with a drug problem and multiple other character concerns are also a consideration.

Concerns yes, thats why he would be a 2nd round pick. Maybe even 3rd.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 03:57 PM
i agree with u santa.. I don't even think hes the player that Alphonso Smith was as a CB anyways, and i'm just not a fan of CB's under 5ft 10inch...

Yep, just as a point of reference, compare him to Hosely coming out since they have similar size, although I think Jayron may even be an inch taller:

They both had a drug issue. Hosley's failed test came at the combine and was for marijuana. Mathieu's was multiple failed drug tests and some reports say he failed the test for multiple drugs, though it cannot be confirmed.

The position Mathieu played last year was more similar to a safety, he was not asked to cover man as much and when he was asked to do it, it was vs the #3 wr. He had marginal success at best when asked to play in man.

Josley was the best cover corner on VT's defense and was always lined up man on the opponents #1 wr every week despite, in some cases, massive size differences. He excelled in man coverage.

Mathieu has had numberous other off the field issues as well as some issues with ignorant tweets, similar if not on the same scale as Will Hill did coming out.

Mathieu is VERY selfish and NOT a team player. People need to understand that the failed drug test and subsequent dismissal from the LSU program perhaps saved LSU's program from future NCAA sanctions. Reportedly Mathieu was paid, among other things, to promote a nightclub. The NCAA is looking into this now but reports are saying that LSU only recently was made aware of the story and doesnt think any rules were broken. However, had Mathieu played this year, there likely would have been problems for the LSU program since it appears the offense happened most recently during the summer. This kid has some serious maturing to do.

Lastly, he is sitting out the year and that in itself usually will lower a guy's value by a round or so.

So despite all these differences, Hosely fell to the end of the 3rd round. Mathieu, unless he changes his ways I could see this kid going 3rd -5th. Again, I just dont see how a 5' 9" guy can play in the NFL if he cannot cover. The only position he can likely play is nickle cb and that is assuming he finds a way to cover a NFL caliber WR.

Redeyejedi
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
i agree with u santa.. I don't even think hes the player that Alphonso Smith was as a CB anyways, and i'm just not a fan of CB's under 5ft 10inch... I thought u were the I dont care about size guy

Redeyejedi
10-21-2012, 05:39 PM
Scott Crichton is really good 2 from Oregon State but he is only a RS Soph

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 07:29 PM
I thought u were the I dont care about size guy

well, to be fair, he said he agreed with me and I pointed out a lot of other problems with this kid aside from his size.

Redeyejedi
10-26-2012, 06:33 PM
Some Recent Pass Rusher Videos
Damontre Moore vs LSU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZlyDKSEgWU&feature=g-all-u

Scott Crichton vs UCLA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kjnrvhhgl-s&feature=plcp

Eziekel AnsaH vs Notre Dame

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFYELG3ItAk&feature=plcp

Redeyejedi
10-26-2012, 06:34 PM
Dion Jordan vs ASU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VVicjLxsI_U

TheAnalyst
12-13-2012, 11:49 AM
Right now, Id say a lot of these guys aren't suited for our system. I love Javis Jones and Dion Jordan, but they are more 3-4 OLBs. Id say Werner is a great DE for us, but will never reach us. I also like Ansah from BYU. And I bet Reese does as well. That dude has some serious strength along with a nice burst. He bull rushes a bunch and normally has the OT stepping backwards. Noticed him playing a bunch of DT too like what Tuck and JPP do for us in the nascar lineup when its 3rd and long.

BlueSanta
12-14-2012, 07:31 AM
Right now, Id say a lot of these guys aren't suited for our system. I love Javis Jones and Dion Jordan, but they are more 3-4 OLBs. Id say Werner is a great DE for us, but will never reach us. I also like Ansah from BYU. And I bet Reese does as well. That dude has some serious strength along with a nice burst. He bull rushes a bunch and normally has the OT stepping backwards. Noticed him playing a bunch of DT too like what Tuck and JPP do for us in the nascar lineup when its 3rd and long.

Jordan is an oddball actually. I used to think he might end up as a 34 olb but now I believe he is just too lanky and tall. I think he is a 43 end, who just needs to hit the wieghts and get to around 260, which with his fame wouldnt be that hard.

Redeyejedi
12-14-2012, 09:15 AM
Jordan is an oddball actually. I used to think he might end up as a 34 olb but now I believe he is just too lanky and tall. I think he is a 43 end, who just needs to hit the wieghts and get to around 260, which with his fame wouldnt be that hard. I dont know how to project him. He was recruited originally as a tight end and u can see why he really is fluid more his height. The problem is how many 6'7" 240 lb guys play in space in the NFL. He would have a real problem playing the run. The things he does at Oregon playing Boundary corner and covering slot receivers is that really going to fly in the NFL.Most guys on Twitter keep saying he is an OLB but I believe like U that weights and playing on the line is the best way to go. I could see him busting if he goes to the wrong situation. Its going to be interesting to see how he develops . A lot of unknown with him. He really isnt refined at all as a Pass Rusher but he also doesnt take the amount of snaps going at the QB as some of the other guys.So now u have to project a guy adding 25-30 pounds and trying to project him into essentially a different position. Thats a lot of unknown for me.

Physically speaking Ansah looks the most ready. he has the NFL frame to play day 1 and he has really strong active hands. I truly believe if he is on the board he will be the pick but im not so sure he will be. I've seen most of the draft guys that scoffed at him as a 1st rounder have all changed their tune and mocking him higher

nycsportzfan
12-14-2012, 06:40 PM
I thought u were the I dont care about size guy Even i have my limits man..lol Just because i don't care about a Inch or 3lbs or something, dosen't mean i want a 5ft 7in 176lb cb running around out there..

But yes, when talking about the diffrence bettween 5ft 10 and 5ft 11 and 187 and a 193 or something like that, i could care less.. The reason being, is my cousin's 2inches taller then me, and my stepfather about a inch or so, and when were in a room together, its so minascule, its hard to really even notice the diffrence between us.. Now i have a very short friend, and obviously u can tell the diffrence in a heart beat..lol Pretty simply stuff i know, but thats basically how i feel..

I'd never pass on a guy becuase of a inch or a couple lb's as suggested on here by some.. No way, no how!!lol Kinda find it hard to belive, u can't tell the diffrence between Tyrann Mathieu and where i come from with size and not caring though???lol

nycsportzfan
12-14-2012, 06:44 PM
Hard to pick a fave pass rusher, because u got guys who we have no chance at, and guys we have a chance at...

My fave pass rusher is Damontre Moore.. Hes built like a OX and he constantly gets pressure, which pretty much sums itself up as a complete beast! I would seriously freak if somehow we made a crazy move up and got Damontre Moore.. I think Moore is future Pro Bowler , no doubt..

As far as guys we might be able to get, i would side with EZ Ansah.. Hes got a JPP type build, a JPP type motor, with long arms to bat passes down, and oodles of potential..

nycsportzfan
12-14-2012, 06:53 PM
well, to be fair, he said he agreed with me and I pointed out a lot of other problems with this kid aside from his size. Nah, the size thing is huge, but its diffrent because hes a super tiny kid.. Size matters, when u weigh the same as i do, and i'm pretty skinny..lol For some reason i thought he was only 5ft 8in, but i see hes listed at 5ft 9inch, which is the minimum i would go HT wise for a CB..

I mean, size matters to me if its obnoxius, which i feel is kinda the case with Honey Badger.. 5ft 9in 175lb is nuts!!!lol I would not want that kid guarding guys 6ft 2in 210lbs day in and day out.. I'd also worry about injuries..

Guys like Earl Thomas, who is awesome by the way, i didn't care like most, becuase it wasen't obnoxius.. I mean, he weighed over 200lbs and he stood 5ft 10in.. I have no problem with that at all at S or CB, especially when ur a playmaker, and that is ur fortay.. Its not like he was a 200lb kid who specalized in stuffing the run or something.. THen u might worry some, becuse u wonder if he'll hold up..

BlueSanta
12-14-2012, 09:19 PM
Guys like Earl Thomas, who is awesome by the way, i didn't care like most, becuase it wasen't obnoxius.. I mean, he weighed over 200lbs and he stood 5ft 10in.. I have no problem with that at all at S or CB, especially when ur a playmaker, and that is ur fortay.. Its not like he was a 200lb kid who specalized in stuffing the run or something.. THen u might worry some, becuse u wonder if he'll hold up..

Ya I agree. I always said with Earl that I needed to see his measurables because there were rumors that he wasnt nearly as big as he came into the combine. Once I saw his wieght, all my hesitations were gone.

With regards to Mathieu, leaving all the character issues aside, his size bothers me more because he never proved he can cover. His position last year was more of a safety. This was the year we were going to see him line up and cover guys and we all know how this year went. I can understand taking a chance on a guy who showed a good skillset and is undersized. But if you combine undersized and unproven in cover skills, that is a huge gamble.

Rat_bastich
12-14-2012, 11:24 PM
Even i have my limits man..lol Just because i don't care about a Inch or 3lbs or something, dosen't mean i want a 5ft 7in 176lb cb running around out there..

But yes, when talking about the diffrence bettween 5ft 10 and 5ft 11 and 187 and a 193 or something like that, i could care less.. The reason being, is my cousin's 2inches taller then me, and my stepfather about a inch or so, and when were in a room together, its so minascule, its hard to really even notice the diffrence between us.. Now i have a very short friend, and obviously u can tell the diffrence in a heart beat..lol Pretty simply stuff i know, but thats basically how i feel..

I'd never pass on a guy becuase of a inch or a couple lb's as suggested on here by some.. No way, no how!!lol Kinda find it hard to belive, u can't tell the diffrence between Tyrann Mathieu and where i come from with size and not caring though???lol

Agreed on size. 5'7"" compared to 5'11" is totally different whereas 5'11" v. 6' v. 6'1" is so close it is miniscule. I think the more important measureables are wingspan and shuttle drills to measure agility and to see if a player can get his hands up or into another player. Give me a short stout linebacker with arms like a baby gorilla any day over a tall lanky one with T-Rex arms.

Truthfully even the 40 is less impressive nowadays. There is not much difference between 4.5 seconds and 4.7 seconds. In fact if someone didn't have a stopwatch they couldn't even tell. Hell, I thought I was running fast when I ran a 5.5 seconds...I thought I was the frickin' Flash!

Redeyejedi
12-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Nah, the size thing is huge, but its diffrent because hes a super tiny kid.. Size matters, when u weigh the same as i do, and i'm pretty skinny..lol For some reason i thought he was only 5ft 8in, but i see hes listed at 5ft 9inch, which is the minimum i would go HT wise for a CB..

I mean, size matters to me if its obnoxius, which i feel is kinda the case with Honey Badger.. 5ft 9in 175lb is nuts!!!lol I would not want that kid guarding guys 6ft 2in 210lbs day in and day out.. I'd also worry about injuries..

Guys like Earl Thomas, who is awesome by the way, i didn't care like most, becuase it wasen't obnoxius.. I mean, he weighed over 200lbs and he stood 5ft 10in.. I have no problem with that at all at S or CB, especially when ur a playmaker, and that is ur fortay.. Its not like he was a 200lb kid who specalized in stuffing the run or something.. THen u might worry some, becuse u wonder if he'll hold up..Earl did go to a system that plays him back . Seahawks use him taylor made to his skills. Seahawks know what they are doing on defense . I really like its design .

experto
12-15-2012, 02:22 PM
Tank Carradine and Boerner are both top 10 talents.

nycsportzfan
12-15-2012, 04:24 PM
Ya I agree. I always said with Earl that I needed to see his measurables because there were rumors that he wasnt nearly as big as he came into the combine. Once I saw his wieght, all my hesitations were gone.

With regards to Mathieu, leaving all the character issues aside, his size bothers me more because he never proved he can cover. His position last year was more of a safety. This was the year we were going to see him line up and cover guys and we all know how this year went. I can understand taking a chance on a guy who showed a good skillset and is undersized. But if you combine undersized and unproven in cover skills, that is a huge gamble. i coulden't agree more with everything u said..

nycsportzfan
12-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Earl did go to a system that plays him back . Seahawks use him taylor made to his skills. Seahawks know what they are doing on defense . I really like its design . Ya, u want to have a mixture of talents on defense, and a playmaker is a nessecity.. As u can see with Stevie Brown and all his picks in CF, i think Earl Thomas would be having a monster yr in NY..