PDA

View Full Version : Will Coughlin be Highest Paid Coach in NFL

alau53
05-18-2012, 02:25 PM
i think his new contract will be 4yrs/30M which will make him the highest

Drez
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I doubt that. He'll probably be in the $6m-$7m range. I sincerely doubt he gets more the BB.

nygsb42champs
05-18-2012, 03:24 PM
I love TC but I do not see him being the highest paid in the NFL.

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 03:47 PM
I don't think TC cares if he's the highest paid HC. I'm pretty sure John Mara will pay him well enough.

GMENAGAIN
05-18-2012, 03:50 PM
I doubt that. He'll probably be in the $6m-$7m range. I sincerely doubt he gets more the BB.
</P>

You mean the guy that he is 2-0 against inSuper Bowls???? </P>

Drez
05-18-2012, 04:01 PM
</p>

You mean the guy that he is 2-0 against inSuper Bowls???? </p>
Yup, that guy. Particularly since TC doesn't have nearly as much FO responsibility as BB does. Coughlin has also been to 3 fewer Super Bowls and has one fewer ring. And a worse win%.

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't see John Mara looking around the League for TC's worth as much as I do him looking at what they've paid coaches like Parcells.

Firenugget
05-18-2012, 08:20 PM
They will never pay a coach like that. With that being said, I could see them giving him a "gift" when he retires, off the books of course.

RoanokeFan
05-18-2012, 08:27 PM
They will never pay a coach like that. With that being said, I could see them giving him a "gift" when he retires, off the books of course.

Why would any of Coughlin's compensation have to be "off the books"? Coaches salaries don't affect the CAP

chasjay
05-18-2012, 08:44 PM
I understand that giving everything and everybody a rating or grade-level is part of our current culture - and I mean no disrespect to the OP or the question that was posed : but I don't care if his contract is an elite one or where it falls in the Top Ten. I just want him to coach 19 or 20 games (not counting pre-season) every year for the Giants for a few more years. And I'm sure the contract terms he works out with the Owners will suit him - it seems to me that his nature is one that is a perfect example of the old "Desiderata" I remember from my hippie years. I can't imagine TC's letting any disagreement fester and create a sore spot.