DE: JPP, Tuck, Osi, Kiwi
DT: Canty, Joseph, Rogers, Austin
DE/DT: Kuhn
LB: Boley, Blackburn, Rivers, Williams, Herzlich, Jones, Paysinger
CB: Webster, Thomas, Amukamara, Hosley, Molden, Tryon
S: Rolle, Phillips, Sash, Horton, Jackson

K: Tynes
P: Weatherford

Hard to pick, other guys who are good players, very deep team we have here, good problem we have, McCants to PS im sure

giantsfan420
05-19-2012, 03:20 AM
Id be fine w that just dont c tc and jr being ok with that much inexperience behind bradshaw, he has injury issues n if were to miss a game our already suspect run game would be a serious question mark

giantsfan420
05-19-2012, 03:21 AM
And i still think barden gets another shot, and beckum too

AllTuckedUp
05-19-2012, 03:43 AM
no sintim? ahhh maybe i'm just being hopeful

Rat_bastich
05-19-2012, 04:07 AM
Funny thing is that I think Muasau might make it. In college he played a role as a linebacker that moved all over the field. He played more of a "super free safety"(yeah I made that position up) where he roamed everywhere. He would be in the backfield lined up almost like a safety, on the end almost like a defensive end or in any of the linebacker positions. If he doesn't make the final 53 he probably will be a practice squad guy.

Toadofsteel
05-19-2012, 04:14 AM
Where's DeOssie?

BlueSanta
05-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Where's DeOssie?

Ya, you missed DeOssie. He will replace either Herlich, Jones or Paysinger on that list. Paysinger is the most likely candidate because of the rivers signing but it will come from 1 of those 3.

I also think you have to take at least 1 guy off defense and add another to offense. 24 offensive players is a bit light.

I do not think we keep 5 DTs(including Kuhn) so someone will have to go.

I would also be a little surprised if Brewer did not make the team.

rcrane082985
05-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Funny thing is that I think Muasau might make it. In college he played a role as a linebacker that moved all over the field. He played more of a "super free safety"(yeah I made that position up) where he roamed everywhere. He would be in the backfield lined up almost like a safety, on the end almost like a defensive end or in any of the linebacker positions. If he doesn't make the final 53 he probably will be a practice squad guy.

So hes the icebox becky o'shea

But seriously, we're done with ballard and beckum i guess?

Toadofsteel
05-19-2012, 05:04 AM

We've had a revolving door at TE for a while... Other teams seem to be placing more and more interest in huge pass-catching TE's, but we're still sticking to our wideouts for primary production. TE is just a luxury...

Rat_bastich
05-19-2012, 05:04 AM

Yep. I was going to also mention Ballard. Ballard will probably start on the PuP but eventually they will have to open a spot for him. And, I agree on Beckum..where is he in this list?

I don't think Martinek will be there either. Probably another practice squad guy...along with one of our lower draft picks. Plus, I think they carry Brewer. How they make room I have no clue but that s what the coaches get paid for.

I also believe we'll be at three safeties..Rolle, Phillips and Sash. Jackson and Horton will probably be gone from the 53 man and likely one will be a practice squad guy as well.

BlueSanta
05-19-2012, 05:12 AM

Yep. I was going to also mention Ballard. Ballard will probably start on the PuP but eventually they will have to open a spot for him. And, I agree on Beckum..where is he in this list?

I don't think Martinek will be there either. Probably another practice squad guy...along with one of our lower draft picks. Plus, I think they carry Brewer. How they make room I have no clue but that s what the coaches get paid for.

Well, we wont keep 4 TEs, or we never have before that I can think of.

So who goes if Beckum stays? Bennett is a lock and us spending a 4th rounder on Robinson gives him decent security. That would leave Pascoe and Beckum to duke it out for the last spot, which, would likely also be the spot that went after week 6 if ballarnd comes back(a big 'if') off the PUP.

I do think, barring injury to someone else, either Pascoe or Beckum is off this team by week 1.

I also think its too early to call Martinek over Ware.

rcrane082985
05-19-2012, 05:17 AM
Yeah i guess your right, do you think pascoe would get canned for ballard if he he were on PUP for beginning of season?

And my gut tells me that martinek would most likely not make the 53 man...but there are those surprises...its possible, but seems optimistic for him.

Rat_bastich
05-19-2012, 05:25 AM
I think Pascoe gets the "Thanks for Coming" treatment this go around. Pascoe played fill in for fullback when Hedg**** went down and filled in last year more at tight end with the problems there. I think with Bennett/Robinson in and Hynoski with a full year of experience that Pascoe doesn't make it.

Also, looking more at it, Beckum probably won't be there either. He can't stay healthy and when it comes down to making cuts, the coaches will probably weigh that. I mean, last year he came off an injury and went right back down to an injury.

Martyr
05-19-2012, 05:34 AM
I think Mosley gets moved to OG & McCants makes it at OT

I also think the Giants add more players before training camp.

ryan12
05-19-2012, 06:57 AM
I would take out paysinger for tratou

nycsportzfan
05-19-2012, 07:53 AM
QB: Manning, Carr
HB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott, Martinek
FB: Hynoski
TE: Bennett, Pascoe, Robinson
WR: Nicks, Randle, Cruz, Hixon, Jernigan, Stanback
OT: Beatty, Diehl, Locklear, Mosley
OG: Boothe, Petrus, Snee
C: Baas

Hard to pick, other guys who are good players, very deep team we have here, good problem we have, McCants to PS im sure
James Brewer is gonna be a stud.. He was one of my favorite picks last yr, in a draft i loved... I agree with Beckum not making it, as i really like Bear Pascoe, and hes that down and gritty type player that fits the mold of player Coughlin respects, and obviously u forgot Deossie... I think Julian Talley or Ramses Barden make the team over Stanback as well.. I think Martinek will find it hard to beat out Ware, and his expierence, but u never know.. I actually think David Diehl may not make the team, as a hunch.. I think Locklear signing was a dandy, and he'll be a good player for us... I also think Mitch Petrus will prove he was a steal in RD 5, this season...

Captain Chaos
05-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow, all this without even a mini camp...clairvoiant!

05-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Nice Post true2blue .. I don't know about some of the practice squad rules but we seem to have some nice problems (decisions) unfortunately, with ever-present injuries; some of these decisions will be made for us</P>

paul007
05-19-2012, 11:57 AM
Adjustments:
Add another OL = Brewster
Safties: max four (Rolle, Phillips, Sash, Horton
CB: Definitely Webster, TT, Amukamara, Hosley, Tryon, and competition for 6th CB between Molden and others not listed (BadaBing, Michael Coe)
DE/DT Kuhn and/or LB Pasinger possibly on PS, add LB DeOssie
HB I like Versatility of Martinek as HB/FB but Ware had experience. I'm sorry but i'm not high on Brown
WR I hope Dan Deplama gets a chance for 6th spot vs Isaiah Stanback (Wes Welker type, very elusive route runner, tough to cover)

BlueSanta
05-19-2012, 01:48 PM
HB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Scott, Martinek
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks, Randle, Cruz, Hixon, Jernigan, Stanback
OT: Beatty, Diehl, Locklear, Mosley
OG: Boothe, Petrus, Snee
C: Baas

James Brewer is gonna be a stud.. He was one of my favorite picks last yr, in a draft i loved... I agree with Beckum not making it, as i really like Bear Pascoe, and hes that down and gritty type player that fits the mold of player Coughlin respects, and obviously u forgot Deossie... I think Julian Talley or Ramses Barden make the team over Stanback as well.. I think Martinek will find it hard to beat out Ware, and his expierence, but u never know.. I actually think David Diehl may not make the team, as a hunch.. I think Locklear signing was a dandy, and he'll be a good player for us... I also think Mitch Petrus will prove he was a steal in RD 5, this season...

I agree on every point with you.

When I originally responded I struggled with mentioning Diehl because I do believe we may have to choose between him and some of our young talent at tackle.

If I had to bring up 1 guy who I dont think is as safe as most posters here think he is, I would say Da'rel Scott. Don't get me wrong, I am not predicting his being cut, I just do not think he is a lock like most here.

titwio
05-19-2012, 04:37 PM
*I made this right after the draft...subject for change though...

Offense (26)

RB: Bradshaw, Wilson, Ware, Scott (FB) Hynoski
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan, Randle, Hixon, Barden
OT: Beatty, Diehl, Brewer, Mosley
OG: Snee, Boothe, Petrus
OC: Baas, Cordle

Defense (25)

DE: Tuck, Umenyiora, Pierre-Paul, Kiwanuka, Trattou
DT: Canty, Joseph, Austin, Rogers
LB: Boley, Williams, Rivers, DeOssie (LS), Herzlich, Jones