PDA

View Full Version : If Kiwi is not at LB who will be our start Lb set

Blue_Buddha
05-19-2012, 10:42 AM
After reading the news and notes for today . I noticed one of the articles had Fewell saying that the only starter penciled in right now is Boley the rest of the position is up for grabs, It is interesting he never mentioned KIwi.

Since we have a wealth of talent at the position and we might eventually lose OSi the KIwi move makes sense, espescially with his new contract and no top DE drafted.

Who do you guys think will be our new LB core? Who do you guys want to see?

I think Boley/Herz/Rivers would be a nasty conbination . Herz and Rivers would have to play like they played in college though. The most likely combination is Boley/Rivers/Williams. .

paul007
05-19-2012, 11:15 AM
* Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi
Boley, Blackburn, Rivers
* Boley, Blackburn, Williams
* Boley, Herzlich, Kiwi
* Boley, Herzlich, Rivers
* Boley, Herzlich, Williams
* Rivers, Boley, Kiwi
* Rivers, Boley, Williams
Rivers, Herzlich, Williams

Too many good possible variations

jomo
05-19-2012, 11:48 AM
* Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi
Boley, Blackburn, Rivers
* Boley, Herzlich, Kiwi
* Rivers, Boley, Kiwi

Too many good possible variationsI love options. It gives us depth against injuries, creates competition in camp and allows us to craft different looks for our oponents. Although our LB's are no where near great, they are all pretty good and are the best unit we've had there in years.

NYGinIN
05-19-2012, 12:11 PM
* Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi
Boley, Blackburn, Rivers
* Boley, Herzlich, Kiwi
* Rivers, Boley, Kiwi

Too many good possible variationsI love options. It gives us depth against injuries, creates competition in camp and allows us to craft different looks for our oponents. Although our LB's are no where near great, they are all pretty good and are the best unit we've had there in years.

There will be plenty of situational rotation I'm sure

BeatYale
05-19-2012, 12:44 PM
Well the linebacker heavy personnel packages will be used less again if the trend for 3+ WR sets continues this season. Last year 60% of the snaps in the NFL featured 3 or more WRs on the field meaning 4-3 and 3-4 personnel packages weren't on the field for over half the snaps of a typical game. There was an article about it at the start of the off season that someone posted here.

What's our best LB duo combination for Nickle defense?

giantsfan420
05-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I think we r gonna see a ton of different looks from the lb corp. It seems like jr is creating an effecient corp by aggregate, meaning we have guys who play the run well, and guys who play the pass well. We ll prob see a bunch of diff combos throughout each game

river555
05-20-2012, 09:56 AM
i definitley think Kiwi will start at LB. He'll be a LB on running downs. On passing downs i think he'll split between LB and DE. I think he'll be used pretty much the same way he was used last year with gave pretty good results.

chasjay
05-20-2012, 10:14 AM
How many LB's will we keep on the 53? I haven't seen Blackburn and Paysinger mentioned in the thread - I assume they are both still on the Roster. Except for ST's, does anybody see measurable playing time for either of them?

gmen0820
05-20-2012, 10:24 AM
I don't think anyone can supplant Kiwi at the SAM LBer. Probably Boley, Williams/Rivers, and Kiwi.

JesseJames
05-21-2012, 10:40 AM
I'm thinking that since we have so much young depth at LBer and the fact that we're going to lose Osi next year and possibly this year if a deal is made, Kiwi will go back to DE right away since that is his natural position and he didn't exactly light any fires as a LBer...

burier
05-21-2012, 11:30 AM
* Boley, Blackburn, Kiwi
Boley, Blackburn, Rivers
* Boley, Herzlich, Kiwi
* Rivers, Boley, Kiwi

Too many good possible variations

lol @ the use of the word "good".

All those guys but Boley, kiwi (Rivers?) are garbage.

Serg812
05-21-2012, 11:31 AM
I think Rivers would be great at middle. Love the way he takes on blocks. I'd say Boley..Rivers..Blackburn.

G-Man67
05-21-2012, 11:58 AM
well we didn't just resign Kiwi to have him beonly a4th DE and a Nascar package D-lineman</P>

but, competition is good</P>

one thing to consider is that we will have packages on D ... so Boley will probably be a part of almost every LB package, while Kiwi might only be part of more run-oriented LB packages</P>