PDA

View Full Version : Kellen winslow

Pa1jintfan
05-21-2012, 10:58 AM
I can't believe that I am the 1st poster on kellen. Just seen that he will be traded or cut. I know that we have really addressed the TE spot, but I would have rather had kellen than Bennett. I have always like mr. Winslow. We have a lot of potential currently slotted at TE, so I know I'm blowing smoke, but I couldn't even imagine what he would bring to our passing game.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-21-2012, 11:04 AM
I can't believe that I am the 1st poster on kellen. Just seen that he will be traded or cut. I know that we have really addressed the TE spot, but I would have rather had kellen than Bennett. I have always like mr. Winslow. We have a lot of potential currently slotted at TE, so I know I'm blowing smoke, but I couldn't even imagine what he would bring to our passing game.

He will end up on the Eagles or Cowboys. He's an alright pass catcher with below average blocking capabilities and is often overrated because of who his dad was. He has bad knees and is often injured. No thank you.

GMENAGAIN
05-21-2012, 11:07 AM
I can't believe that I am the 1st poster on kellen. Just seen that he will be traded or cut. I know that we have really addressed the TE spot, but I would have rather had kellen than Bennett. I have always like mr. Winslow. We have a lot of potential currently slotted at TE, so I know I'm blowing smoke, but I couldn't even imagine what he would bring to our passing game. He will end up on the Eagles or Cowboys. He's an alright pass catcher with below average blocking capabilities and is often overrated because of who his dad was. He has bad knees and is often injured. No thank you.</P>

+1</P>

sg92
05-21-2012, 11:10 AM
Old + attitude problems + past injuries = not worthy to be a Giant.

MB may be one of the best blocking TE's in the game, and run blocking is a big need area. I wouldn't have much interest in Winslow.

I'm really interested in Robinson's potential as well. We know all about his speed and vertical jump, but I love all the video of him catching with his hands -- think he might be a real diamond in the rough.

burier
05-21-2012, 11:27 AM

MB may be one of the best blocking TE's in the game, and run blocking is a big need area. I wouldn't have much interest in Winslow.

I'm really interested in Robinson's potential as well. We know all about his speed and vertical jump, but I love all the video of him catching with his hands -- think he might be a real diamond in the rough.

what attitude problems?

elismom
05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
He can block and catch. His talent is superior to most. To say his dad is the reason for this is nutts.

However

He has injuries issues and attitude problem. He is J Shockey

BigBlue1971
05-21-2012, 12:15 PM
Winslow is a proven vet in the league but never shown the promise he was saddled with outta college!</P>

i dont think he would fit well with the Giants! just my http://e.deviantart.net/emoticons/t/twocents.gif!</P>

gmen0820
05-21-2012, 12:33 PM

what attitude problems?"I'm a ****ing soldier"

GMENAGAIN
05-21-2012, 01:47 PM
Old + attitude problems + past injuries = not worthy to be a Giant. MB may be one of the best blocking TE's in the game, and run blocking is a big need area. I wouldn't have much interest in Winslow. I'm really interested in Robinson's potential as well. We know all about his speed and vertical jump, but I love all the video of him catching with his hands -- think he might be a real diamond in the rough. what attitude problems?"I'm a ****ing soldier"</P>

lol . . . . that's it. I was trying to remember that idiotic quote.</P>

Great line for a football player to say while we have troops in harm's way . . . . . </P>

Morehead State
05-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Old + attitude problems + past injuries = not worthy to be a Giant. MB may be one of the best blocking TE's in the game, and run blocking is a big need area. I wouldn't have much interest in Winslow. I'm really interested in Robinson's potential as well. We know all about his speed and vertical jump, but I love all the video of him catching with his hands -- think he might be a real diamond in the rough. what attitude problems?"I'm a ****ing soldier"</P>

lol . . . . that's it. I was trying to remember that idiotic quote.</P>

Great line for a football player to say while we have troops in harm's way . . . . . </P>

</P>

I'm sorry but thats a load of crap. Football players make those references all the time. It was a hyper sensative audience.</P>

He meant absolutely nothing by it.</P>

NFCEastBeast
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
+1. absolutly nothing at all

miked1958
05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I can't believe that I am the 1st poster on kellen. Just seen that he will be traded or cut. I know that we have really addressed the TE spot, but I would have rather had kellen than Bennett. I have always like mr. Winslow. We have a lot of potential currently slotted at TE, so I know I'm blowing smoke, but I couldn't even imagine what he would bring to our passing game.</P>

i think you answered your ownquestion in your post. WE HAVE ADDRESSED THE TE SPOT... End of story. we have Robinson, Bennett, Pascoe, and will prob have christian hopkins from PQ show what he has. Then you have the injured Ballard and Beckum. We dont need another TE in camp</P>

slipknottin
05-21-2012, 06:22 PM
If he was a great player, why would the bucs be about to cut him?

3.3 million is not very much money really. They have plenty of cap space.

giantsfan420
05-21-2012, 08:37 PM

Hes alot like bradshaw and the insbility to practice thru the week...hes under contract for several more seasons...they have dallas clark...he doesnt fit in with what their new hc is doing...

Theres alot more to it than being a good player

slipknottin
05-21-2012, 08:59 PM
they have dallas clark...he doesnt fit in with what their new hc is doing...

So they have a 33 year old TE who has never played 16 games in his career on the roster... thats the argument for them not needing a supposed "good TE"?

MikeIsaGiant
05-21-2012, 09:30 PM
At first I said hell yes,

but then I realized - I'm all in for the players we have :)

giantsfan420
05-21-2012, 09:36 PM
they have dallas clark...he doesnt fit in with what their new hc is doing...

So they have a 33 year old TE who has never played 16 games in his career on the roster... thats the argument for them not needing a supposed "good TE"?
u do realize winslows played 16 over the past two seasons too right?

Winslow isnt a good player, your right he only had 70 plus catches last season on a tb team that had zero weapons...tb is cutting him bc he has no talent, ur right...lmfao...u should apply for some nfl job, according to u u know more than any one and r better than anyone at player evaluation lol...and of course any opinion that differs from u is flat wrong. Theres no gray, its all black n white

I personally dont want winslow and personally feel hes overrated, that said i know one thing; i dont know everything. On subjects so subjective im not gonna pretend i got it all pegged

Certainly i cant imply that someone who thinks winslow is a good player is wrong

giantsfan420
05-21-2012, 09:40 PM

Hes alot like bradshaw and the insbility to practice thru the week...hes under contract for several more seasons...they have dallas clark...he doesnt fit in with what their new hc is doing...

Theres alot more to it than being a good player

Oh i c the problem, u only read a part of the statement...i quoted the whole post to give u another chance. Ur clearly missing it if u think its just bc they have clark

slipknottin
05-21-2012, 09:42 PM
Winslow isnt a good player

That was my point to begin with. Why should the giants want to sign a guy who "isnt a good player"?

giantsfan420
05-21-2012, 09:54 PM
Winslow isnt a good player

That was my point to begin with. Why should the giants want to sign a guy who "isnt a good player"?

Wish i had a link to the sarcasm detector picture...

In case that went over ur head i was being sarcastic...

gumby742
05-21-2012, 10:44 PM
Dunno. We already know our passing game will be potent. Can you imagine if we got our running game going? i'd prefer a blocking tight end. The fact that Bennett has natural ability to catch is a bonus.

JJC7301
05-21-2012, 10:48 PM
I can't believe that I am the 1st poster on kellen. Just seen that he will be traded or cut. I know that we have really addressed the TE spot, but I would have rather had kellen than Bennett. I have always like mr. Winslow. We have a lot of potential currently slotted at TE, so I know I'm blowing smoke, but I couldn't even imagine what he would bring to our passing game. He will end up on the Eagles or Cowboys. He's an alright pass catcher with below average blocking capabilities and is often overrated because of who his dad was. He has bad knees and is often injured. No thank you.</P>

+1</P>
+2. Just don't need him.

Bohemian
05-21-2012, 10:56 PM
I think that Winslow is a good player, but definitely a bit too expensive. I am happy with Pascoe and Bennett, while Robinson learns the ropes. I am not against trying out Winslow for the right price, but there are other teams out there that will definitely need him more than we do.

I think that Winslow is a very capable player, but it is all about the bottom line at this point.

Pascoe, Ballard, Bennett, and Robinson make for good roster depth.

Beckum will probably not make the team this year, and I have no idea about who Purvis, Hopkins and Donnell are.

Bohemian
05-21-2012, 11:01 PM
I just did a search to see what his salary was, and it appears that he will demand around the 5 mil mark... which seems way too expensive.

giantsfan420
05-21-2012, 11:22 PM
I think that Winslow is a good player, but definitely a bit too expensive.* I am happy with Pascoe and Bennett, while Robinson learns the ropes.* I am not against trying out Winslow for the right price, but there are other teams out there that will definitely need him more than we do.*

I think that Winslow is a very capable player, but it is all about the bottom line at this point.

Pascoe, Ballard, Bennett, and Robinson make for good roster depth.

Beckum will probably not make the team this year, and I have no idea about who Purvis, Hopkins and Donnell are.

Good post

listenup
05-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Well he's a Seahawk now

giantsfan420
05-22-2012, 12:33 AM
Well he's a Seahawk now

Doesnt take long for good players to find new teams

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 07:22 AM
Because good players usually get traded for 7th round picks?

Lol

Neverend
05-22-2012, 09:13 AM
Damn. A 7th round pick? wow, guess seattle didnt want any competitiion for him in the open market so they pulled the trigger. very obvious he was going to get released

critters
05-22-2012, 10:19 AM
He can block and catch. His talent is superior to most. To say his dad is the reason for this is nutts.

However

He has injuries issues and attitude problem. He is J Shockey

He's nowhere near as good as Jeremy Shockey.

MikeIsaGiant
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Well he's a Seahawk now

Doesnt take long for good players to find new teams

Especially bad teams

giantsfan420
05-22-2012, 01:43 PM
GGood point bout the bad team although seattle got a good deal imo. Tb gave two draft picks for winslow, i believe it was a second and a third,
tb new coach wants to create a new culture i guess, winslow, for however talented he is, doesnt mesh with what theyre trying to do. Winslow is like bradshaw in that he doesnt practice during the week until friday, has missed a ton of time to injury, has knee issues, they signed d.clark, just made sence for them to get whatever they could...seattle has a nice stable of tes now.

And this whole good player or not is kinda ridic...i wonder tho, if bradshaw had more of thw ossues winslow has besides the limited practice, if wed try to move on from him, if all a sudden people would claim bradshaw isnt a good player...