PDA

View Full Version : Pick a QB for season, game, play

bELIeve_in_Giants
05-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Thought this was an interesting topic. The author picked Eli over Brady for the QB to have for one game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8293bf06/article/take-your-pick-quarterback-for-one-season-one-game-one-play

Gmen2005
05-21-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8293bf06/article/take-your-pick-quarterback-for-one-season-one-game-one-play (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8293bf06/article/take-your-pick-quarterback-for-one-season-one-game-one-play%20)

As long as it's not against the redskins, or seahawks [:)]

G-Man67
05-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Tebow, Tebow and Tebow [:)]</P>

ok, all kidding aside ... a season, well I have to go with Peyton Manning in his prime ... for a game, well call me biased, but Eli 4th Qtr performances in SB42 and 46, well I want him for one big game, esp. neutral field or away game</P>

one play ... hmmm ... i'll go back in time to a player i hated ... Joe Montana ... we actually held our own vs. Joe ... it was Steve Young that really lit us up a few times, but for one play ... Joe was the old Mr. Clutch</P>

miked1958
05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Tebow, Tebow and Tebow [:)]</P>

ok, all kidding aside ... a season, well I have to go with Peyton Manning in his prime ... for a game, well call me biased, but Eli 4th Qtr performances in SB42 and 46, well I want him for one big game, esp. neutral field or away game</P>

one play ... hmmm ... i'll go back in time to a player i hated ... Joe Montana ... we actually held our own vs. Joe ... it was Steve Young that really lit us up a few times, but for one play ... Joe was the old Mr. Clutch</P>agree with you on all counts

Moss#83
05-21-2012, 04:03 PM
lol for one game it is Eli Manning and it isn't even close.

giantsfan420
05-21-2012, 04:17 PM
One play id def take eli...the play in sb 42 and 46 r more than enough evidence to make that claim.

And if postseason was an added category id take eli there as well.

Even reg season, depends on the parameter. If its ff stats, rodgers or brees. If its to carry a team and win, elis nfl record fourth qrt td passes and his epic ability at gw drives, then id choose eli there as well...

DragonSoul
05-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Thought this was an interesting topic. The author picked Eli over Brady for the QB to have for one game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8293bf06/article/take-your-pick-quarterback-for-one-season-one-game-one-playI have always said, for 1 game he be the QB. It only two SB MVP trophies to have people actually start to think/talk about it.

Eli and the Giants have a chance to be what people thought the pats would be. But as I have said, they went no where after spy gate came out.

NYG 5
05-21-2012, 05:18 PM

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8293bf06/article/take-your-pick-quarterback-for-one-season-one-game-one-playI have always said, for 1 game he be the QB. It only two SB MVP trophies to have people actually start to think/talk about it.

Eli and the Giants have a chance to be what people thought the pats would be. But as I have said, they went no where after spy gate came out.

they've gone no where since parcells' defense retired, and BB's replacements got old. they've become a finesse team that keeps running into the anti-finesse team of the league

njsean
05-21-2012, 05:32 PM
One game? Eh, I dunno about Eli over some other guys. He's good for a couple stinkers.

One DRIVE? I want no one else but Eli

gumby742
05-22-2012, 08:28 AM
One game? Eh, I dunno about Eli over some other guys. He's good for a couple stinkers. One DRIVE? I want no one else but Eli</P>

</P>

This. But, I'd want him for one drive - under 2 minutes or final posession.</P>

But, I think I'd rather have Tebow. After all, he's clutch. Hahaha. Well, technically he is! </P>

burier
05-22-2012, 11:02 AM
One play id def take eli...the play in sb 42 and 46 r more than enough evidence to make that claim.

And if postseason was an added category id take eli there as well.

Even reg season, depends on the parameter. If its ff stats, rodgers or brees. If its to carry a team and win, elis nfl record fourth qrt td passes and his epic ability at gw drives, then id choose eli there as well...

Agreed. hows there even a debate about who to take for ONE PLAY when Eli has the top 2 plays in the history of the Super Bowl.

I might take Rogers for 1 season but for 1 game or 1 play its Eli by a wide margin.

Flip Empty
05-22-2012, 01:37 PM
I'd swap McNabb for Romo for the play which set up Akers' game-winning field goal in the 08/09 divisional playoffs.

Romo does a Romo and the Giants go on to repeat.

Harooni
05-23-2012, 05:44 PM
i disagree , i do not think eli is the best qb to have for the whole game. 4th qtr or down 3-4 points yes.

GmenFan1980
05-23-2012, 06:13 PM
i disagree , i do not think eli is the best qb to have for the whole game. 4th qtr or down 3-4 points yes.

If it's the fourth quarter and you're down by 3. Tom Brady and Tebow are the go to guys. No one sets up their kicker for the game tying or game winning Field goal better then them.

4 points or more? Give me Eli