PDA

View Full Version : What team on the Giants schedule worries you the most?

buddy33
05-22-2012, 09:16 AM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too.

The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season.

Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot.

ashleymarie
05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
The Eagles have our number, tis true. They are the ones I fear most as well.

miked1958
05-22-2012, 09:38 AM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too. The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season. Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot.</P>

Nothing about it worries me. If this team can stay Healthy (big if) for the majority of the season (key guys like AB, Nicks, Cruz, Tuck, JPP, Boley, Cweb, ETC)and the Rookies Gell and contribute (Randall, Wilson, Robinson, Hosley,Joe M,etc) as well as guys coming back from injures step up (prince, Herzlich, Hixon, coe, paysinger, T2, M.Austin, Tryon, spoon, sintum,trattou,tracy,Ballard, Beckum,ETC) guys that didnt have a huge role last year also stepping up (JJ, Barden, D. Scott, Depalma, Hopkins, a. brown,G. Jones) New faces do their part (Rivers,bing,bennett) and People like Eli, Osi, Chase, Kiwi, KP, Rolle, oline, Etc stay Solid... I think this team could be better then last years team.</P>

Neverend
05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
Philly

miked1958
05-22-2012, 09:39 AM
They could go through this TOUGH Schedule like a buzz saw. But thats good and bad. Look what happened to the 15-1 GB Packers last season in their first playoff game after posting one of the Best Records in NFL history during the year....

ashleymarie
05-22-2012, 09:47 AM
"Buzz Saw" is appropriate words for the Giants. They have the capability. </P>

RonJon
05-22-2012, 09:50 AM
The Eagles have our number, tis true. They are the ones I fear most as well.

Especially that fact that ehy face them the last game of the season. If the playoffs are on the line, I'd be very worried about that game cause the Eagles always seem to play their best in late November and December

buddy33
05-22-2012, 09:54 AM
I like the team a lot right now but do have concern with 2 areas. The secondary and the OL. I like Webster a lot, and I think Prince is going to be very good. I do worry about TT. I just have to see him do it before I'm convinced his 2 time surgically repaired knee is fine. I like the rookie, but he is a rookie. After that they don't have much depth as far as guys who are not coming off injury. I do like Bing as a sleeper.

The OL was bad last year. They won the Super Bowl, but they where bad and now teams will be trying to knock of the Champions. It wold be great if teams thought they cold just shut down the passing attack and then just run he ball down their throats.

buddy33
05-22-2012, 09:55 AM
That's another great point I forgot to mention. The Eagles are a good second half team.

Vtgmenfan89
05-22-2012, 10:06 AM
I think one thing that is going to be huge for this defense is having Rolle back at FS, provided we stay healthy at cb. He really hasn't been able to do that since he's been here, and I'm very excited to see it. Him and KP can finally be that safety tandem they've Ben advertised as for a couple seasons and I think it will be huge for us. Can't wait for the season, let's get another and kick off this dynasty!

nygsb42champs
05-22-2012, 10:44 AM
I would agree with Philly.

rxc999
05-22-2012, 10:48 AM
Philly...especially that last game..i am hoping we would wrap up the division..and that last game would be meaningless.

RichGiants81
05-22-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm always worried about the annual stink bomb at home against a losing team

Roxersboxers
05-22-2012, 11:25 AM
The only team im worried about this year is the giants. We tend to beat ourselves in a lot of games. if we dont do that, we have a very good chance of beating every team on this schedule.

BeatYale
05-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Eagles, Redskins.

Diamondring
05-22-2012, 12:10 PM
Dallas might be the team for me. Giants beaten them a good amount of times that soon they will sweep the Giants. The Cowboys might be due for big upsets.

MikeIsaGiant
05-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Any division team basically.

scf424
05-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Philly. As usual.

Anyone saying the Giants is no fun.

jimsgints
05-22-2012, 12:20 PM
philthadelphia

burier
05-22-2012, 04:10 PM
You should be worried about all of the teams and you should be especially worried about the teams on the schedule that we're supposed to beat. If history is an indicator we'll lose at least 1 of those games which may be enough to deep 6 the season.

bklyn1028
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
We should go 13-3 this year.....everyone says we have the toughest schedule they have ever seen, and it's true. We play what, 8 teams that went to the playoffs?.....but....we thrive on big games, we play poorly against bad teams. So, being this schedule is what it is, we should have no problem securing the NFC east again
just my humble lowly opinion.

Coughlin always says, to be the best, you have to beat the best.

fourth&forever
05-22-2012, 06:50 PM
The Giants.
The only ones who can stop us is ourselves.
We've got to keep the hunger on.
And I think Coughlin can do it.

greenca190
05-22-2012, 07:03 PM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too. The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season. Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot.</P>

Nothing about it worries me. If this team can stay Healthy (big if) for the majority of the season (key guys like AB, Nicks, Cruz, Tuck, JPP, Boley, Cweb, ETC)*and the Rookies Gell and contribute (Randall, Wilson, Robinson, Hosley,Joe M,*etc) as well as guys coming back from injures step up (prince, Herzlich, Hixon, coe, paysinger, T2, M.Austin, Tryon, spoon, sintum,trattou,tracy,Ballard, Beckum,*ETC) guys that didnt have a huge role last year also stepping up (JJ, Barden, D. Scott, Depalma, Hopkins, a. brown,G. Jones) New faces do their part (Rivers,bing,bennett) and People like Eli, Osi, Chase, Kiwi, KP, Rolle, oline, Etc stay Solid... I think this team could be better then last years team.</P>

So you're saying if every single player on the team plays well, than the team will play well.

No ****ing way. /red

slipknottin
05-22-2012, 07:09 PM
the giants concern me the most. Lack of consistency.

Think the 49ers defense is better? We have all seen the drives, quarters, halves, and games where the giants defense is absolutely dominating, every bit as good or perhaps even better than the 9ers defense. But how often does that giants defense show up?

49ers defense played at an elite level all season, snap to snap, game to game.

If the giants can figure out how to play consistently there isnt a team in the league they cant beat.

giantsfan420
05-22-2012, 07:12 PM
The only team im worried about this year is the giants. We tend to beat ourselves in a lot of games. if we dont do that, we have a very good chance of beating every team on this schedule.

So true good post

Manstache
05-22-2012, 07:26 PM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too.

The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season.

Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot.the NEW YORK GIANTS. cuz the only team that can stop us IS us.

greenca190
05-22-2012, 07:52 PM
Just quit being a bunch of ******s and answer the question. No, "the only team that can beat the giants is the giants themselves" is really not as profound of a thought as you think it is.

Te obvious answer here is the saints. If the saints win in San francisco last year, and we go on to play them in new Orleans, there's a solid chance that we don't go to the super bowl. They rape us real hard whenever we play them.

buddy33
05-22-2012, 10:19 PM
the giants concern me the most. Lack of consistency.

Think the 49ers defense is better? We have all seen the drives, quarters, halves, and games where the giants defense is absolutely dominating, every bit as good or perhaps even better than the 9ers defense. But how often does that giants defense show up?

49ers defense played at an elite level all season, snap to snap, game to game.

If the giants can figure out how to play consistently there isnt a team in the league they cant beat.

I agree that they need to be consistent, but they where also very banged up on the defensive unit. It was posted that only two teams over the past decade had it as bad as the Giants did on defense as far as injuries. One was a bad Buffalo team and the other was the 0-16 Lions.

buddy33
05-22-2012, 10:20 PM
About the Saints, I wouldn't take them lightly, but they did loose their coach for the year, their LB, and their starting OG to FA.

miked1958
05-22-2012, 11:48 PM

Nothing about it worries me. If this team can stay Healthy (big if) for the majority of the season (key guys like AB, Nicks, Cruz, Tuck, JPP, Boley, Cweb, ETC)*and the Rookies Gell and contribute (Randall, Wilson, Robinson, Hosley,Joe M,*etc) as well as guys coming back from injures step up (prince, Herzlich, Hixon, coe, paysinger, T2, M.Austin, Tryon, spoon, sintum,trattou,tracy,Ballard, Beckum,*ETC) guys that didnt have a huge role last year also stepping up (JJ, Barden, D. Scott, Depalma, Hopkins, a. brown,G. Jones) New faces do their part (Rivers,bing,bennett) and People like Eli, Osi, Chase, Kiwi, KP, Rolle, oline, Etc stay Solid... I think this team could be better then last years team.</P>

So you're saying if every single player on the team plays well, than the team will play well.

No ****ing way. /redI guess that's what I am sayin. Be nice to have a season free from injury and guys playing up to their potential. No telling how good we'd be. Scary good

myles2424
05-23-2012, 12:09 AM
Saints are the only team to show that they got too much for us to handle...

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-23-2012, 12:11 AM
About the Saints, I wouldn't take them lightly, but they did loose their coach for the year, their LB, and their starting OG to FA.I think the saints WILL be "SAINTS" this year with all the attention on them finally. With that said I will say that the team to worry about is .....THE GMEN. They seem to have the ability to screw up so called trap games and seem to win the ones that count the most. I will take a superbowlBID over a 16-0 record everytime hands down. A Superbowl win is A SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Saints are the only team to show that they got too much for us to handle...With the intercepting play call scandal facing them I believe they will flounder in the league again for another 40 years.

giantsfan420
05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
About the Saints, I wouldn't take them lightly, but they did loose their coach for the year, their LB, and their starting OG to FA.I think the saints WILL be "SAINTS" this year with all the attention on them finally. With that said I will say that the team to worry about is .....THE GMEN. They seem to have the ability to screw up so called trap games and seem to win the ones that count the most. I will take a superbowl*BID over a 16-0 record everytime hands down. A Superbowl win is A SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!

Good post i agree, our own worst enemy is ourself...besides that, something about no worries me bc when we face them they will have their de back, one of their coaches who was their onfield coach last season when payton hurt his knee, and possibly vilma if his suspensoon is reduced. But we do play them at home...i mean no team scares me to the point i think we cant win. Of course teams like pitt, balt, philly jump out as being tough games, but i think this season will be like the 08 season where we are just at a diff more physical level than anyone else and we beat whoever is put in our way...no plex to shoot it away this time either

GmenFan1980
05-23-2012, 12:59 AM
Browns.

NY_Eli
05-23-2012, 09:20 AM
Browns.

I agree with this

Toadofsteel
05-23-2012, 10:45 AM
The division will be a real heat this year. All 4 teams are good (at least on paper).

Outside of the division, we've got the Packers, 49ers, and Falcons all on our schedule, and you can bet all 3 teams will be out for blood against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs...

greenca190
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
The division will be a real heat this year. All 4 teams are good (at least on paper).

Outside of the division, we've got the Packers, 49ers, and Falcons all on our schedule, and you can bet all 3 teams will be out for blood against the team that knocked them out of the playoffs...

Anyone know why we're playing the Falcons? I thought they finished second in their division this year.

GmenFan1980
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM

Anyone know why we're playing the Falcons? I thought they finished second in their division this year.

Were playing the NFC south this year, that's why.

why didn't you question why we were facing the Bucs and Panthers as well?

ShakeNBake
05-23-2012, 02:37 PM
The Browns and the Skins since we tend to play our worst against garbage teams

ru_gmen55
05-23-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm always most worried about the Eagles, but only because those losses suck the most. I think the Giants can play with anybody. I'm still in baseball mode, but I'm definitely excited for the next NFL season.

B&RWarrior
05-23-2012, 02:59 PM
<LI>Saints easy. In the last 3 match ups we haven't even looked as if we belonged on the field with them. I think Payton game plans a little harder for the G-men. You always love to stick it to your ex-employers. I want it to at least be a close game in the 4th quarter.</LI>
<LI>GB- When that offense is in sync they can look invincible.</LI>
<LI>Philly- I think the D took a season to figure things out. I don't expect Nnamdi to repeat last years blunders in coverage. Lesean is nasty as always and Vick is Vick. Namdi v. Nicks, oooh its going to be a war!!!</LI>
<LI>San Fran- Eli dangerzone [:O]</LI>
<LI>Steelers- Eli dangerzone [:O]</LI>
<LI>Ravens-Eli dangerzone [:O]</LI>

This schedule is nasty. </P>

Rat_bastich
05-23-2012, 03:12 PM
San Fran. If they play like they did in the play-offs it will be nasty.

jax5338
05-23-2012, 03:24 PM

Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot.

the JETS. because of TIM TEBOW. he will single handedly change our schedule and make us play them and we will lose.

Diamondring
05-23-2012, 03:53 PM
About the Saints, I wouldn't take them lightly, but they did loose their coach for the year, their LB, and their starting OG to FA.I think the saints WILL be "SAINTS" this year with all the attention on them finally. With that said I will say that the team to worry about is .....THE GMEN. They seem to have the ability to screw up so called trap games and seem to win the ones that count the most. I will take a superbowl*BID over a 16-0 record everytime hands down. A Superbowl win is A SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!The question is what team on the Giants schedule that worries you the most and I think the Giants don't play themselves I don't think.

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
About the Saints, I wouldn't take them lightly, but they did loose their coach for the year, their LB, and their starting OG to FA.I think the saints WILL be "SAINTS" this year with all the attention on them finally. With that said I will say that the team to worry about is .....THE GMEN. They seem to have the ability to screw up so called trap games and seem to win the ones that count the most. I will take a superbowlBID over a 16-0 record everytime hands down. A Superbowl win is A SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!The question is what team on the Giants schedule that worries you the most and I think the Giants don't play themselves I don't think.Well, well. I am sorry that i was thinking outside the box. I dont worry about any team beating us, I worry about the Giants losing to another team. Is that a good enough answer? Like I stated before, I dont think another team has the ability to beat us outright without some other kinds of "help". I am definetly a guy that thinks of terms of "the glass is full and overflowing" when it comes to my GMEN. But if I have to give an answer I will say the Falcons being a spoiler for us.

Diamondring
05-23-2012, 07:09 PM
About the Saints, I wouldn't take them lightly, but they did loose their coach for the year, their LB, and their starting OG to FA.I think the saints WILL be "SAINTS" this year with all the attention on them finally. With that said I will say that the team to worry about is .....THE GMEN. They seem to have the ability to screw up so called trap games and seem to win the ones that count the most. I will take a superbowl*BID over a 16-0 record everytime hands down. A Superbowl win is A SUPERBOWL WIN!!!!!The question is what team on the Giants schedule that worries you the most and I think the Giants don't play themselves I don't think.Well, well. I am sorry that i was thinking outside the box. I dont worry about any team beating us, I worry about the Giants losing to another team. Is that a good enough answer? Like I stated before, I dont think another team has the ability to beat us outright without some other kinds of "help". I am definetly a guy that thinks of terms of "the glass is full and overflowing" when it comes to my GMEN. But if I have to give an answer I will say the Falcons being a spoiler for us.Hey, I was just playing around. Yes Giants beating themselves is what we need to worry about the most because they sure did it in the past and it can effect them for some time.

Dirt66
05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
The GIANTS....

greenca190
05-23-2012, 11:42 PM

Were playing the NFC south this year, that's why.

why didn't you question why we were facing the Bucs and Panthers as well?

Because I don't have a schedule in front of me at all times. Just saw what the original poster posted.

FroZeNx31x
05-23-2012, 11:46 PM
I fear the Giants most, weeks 1-17.

Manstache
05-24-2012, 10:28 PM
thats what i believe fam, if u dont like it or agree u can haul it.

bigjeep
05-25-2012, 07:08 AM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too. The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season. Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot. With Eli at the helm, I fear no team!!!!!!!!! [B]

Diamondring
05-25-2012, 09:35 AM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too. The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season. Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot. With Eli at the helm, I fear no team!!!!!!!!!** [B]Best answere of all.

bigjeep
05-25-2012, 12:29 PM
We all know they have the hardest schedule in the NFL. It seems as though they had the hardest schedule this past season too. The Eagles are the team that worries me the most. Not because of the pre OTA Championship they have been handed by the media. The simple fact is that they have owned the Giants. I know they split last year, but they beat the Giants 6 times in a row before the Giants had a win against them and then they looked horrible at home against Vince Young later in the season. Also, don't forget they play each other to end the season. That game could decide who wins the East or at least gets a playoff spot. With Eli at the helm, I fear no team!!!!!!!!! [B]Best answere of all.</P>

[Y]</P>

giantsforce
05-25-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm always worried about the annual stink bomb at home against a losing teamMe too. It is not he Cowgirls or the Eagirls that we should be worried. We have shown a knack for laying an egg when we are playing weaker teams over and over. With the Giants there is no easy way. It is always the hard way.