PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' ROOKIE RB DAVID WILSON PREDICTS SUPER BOWL REPEAT

RoanokeFan
05-22-2012, 03:45 PM
GIANTS' ROOKIE RB DAVID WILSON PREDICTS SUPER BOWL REPEAT (http://www.giants101.com/2012/05/22/new-york-giants-rookie-rb-david-wilson-predicts-super-bowl-repeat/)

"Nearly four months removed from their Super Bowl XLVI victory over the New
England Patriots and confidence is beaming from the New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/)
Giants. Veterans are talking dynasty (http://www.giants101.com/2012/05/17/new-york-giants-talk-potential-dynasty-at-super-bowl-xlvi-ring-ceremony/), their head coach laughs at the notion of retirement (http://www.giants101.com/2012/05/22/retirement-not-on-the-mind-of-new-york-giants-head-coach-tom-coughlin/) and now their first-round
pick, running back <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with David Wilson" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/david-wilson/" rel="tag nofollow">David
Wilson</a>, is predicting a repeat (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=X8WeQuDRJJY).

While appearing at the Rose Bowl this past weekend for the NFLPA Rookie
Premiere event, Browns running back Trent Richardson asked Wilson for a
prediction on the upcoming season. Wilson did not hesitate in his response.</p>
<blockquote>

“Super Bowl champs again!” Wilson said. “Against the Cleveland (http://www.giants101.com/tag/cleveland/)
Browns, they got a good team. They picked up some players.”</p></blockquote>

Obviously, Wilson's reply was a playful one aimed at poking fun at a friend
and eventual opponent, but the confidence exuded is unquestionable. There's a
lot of that going around New York (http://www.giants101.com/tag/new-york/) right now and it's already worn off on the
rookies.</p>

In addition to his prediction, Wilson shared funny moment with teammate and
fellow rookie <a class="st_tag internal_tag" title="Posts tagged with Rueben Randle" href="http://www.giants101.com/tag/rueben-randle/" rel="tag nofollow">Rueben
Randle</a> that showed an early bond between the two youngsters.</p>
<blockquote>

“Would you please remove your helmet, please. For the interview,” Wilson
asked. “People want to see the lov … oh no, put it back on!”</p></blockquote>

What say you, Giants fans? Big Blue versus Dawg Pound in Super Bowl
XLVII?"</p>

gmen0820
05-22-2012, 03:48 PM
That'd be great. I'd take anyone in the Super Bowl, I just want back in, and another win.

MikeIsaGiant
05-22-2012, 04:07 PM
I think he's smoking something.

Against the cleveland browns?

LOL, come on now

BigBlue1971
05-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Wilson may have been joking but he may also be closer than he thinks to a Giants repeat! </P>

Flip Empty
05-22-2012, 04:26 PM
Eh, a guy who hasn't done a thing shouldn't really be taking jabs at other teams and players

blueomaha
05-22-2012, 04:33 PM
NYG owe the ravens some payback...

JimC
05-22-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm sure it was all tongue in cheek, because he doesn't know JACK about playing in the NFL !!!!!

TuckYou
05-22-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm sure it was all tongue in cheek, because he doesn't know JACK about playing in the NFL !!!!!
</P>

Or about the Giants.</P>

As long as he doesnt say we have a dream team.</P>

SweetZombieJesus
05-22-2012, 07:44 PM

Exactly, he hasn't even played a preseason game yet.

NYGiantsFan56
05-22-2012, 09:52 PM

+1

miked1958
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Eh, a guy who hasn't done a thing shouldn't really be taking jabs at other teams and players
True

miked1958
05-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Yes a huge win over the Ravens would make everything right

EliTE
05-22-2012, 10:53 PM
some of you are taking what he said the wrong way because you most likely misunderstand the context. what's he supposed to say?

par404
05-22-2012, 11:16 PM
Is he coachable? Wilson has the potential, yet I hope that Jerald Ingram works hard with him.

XxBigWhitxX
05-23-2012, 12:17 AM
The guy was just poking a little fun at Trent Richardson who ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! lay off the kid.

miked1958
05-23-2012, 12:38 AM
some of you are taking what he said the wrong way because you most likely misunderstand the context. what's he supposed to say?He should of said " I think this years team will be very competitive and should challenge for another Title."

miked1958
05-23-2012, 12:39 AM
The guy was just poking a little fun at Trent Richardson who ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! lay off the kid.I get what your saying but it could be taken out of context by other players and teams.

miked1958
05-23-2012, 12:41 AM
We don't know for sure what context Vince young said they were "The Dream Team" was said in.

GmenFan1980
05-23-2012, 01:01 AM
some of you are taking what he said the wrong way because you most likely misunderstand the context. what's he supposed to say?He should of said " I think this years team will be very competitive and should challenge for another Title."

"Super bowl champs again" = challenging for another title.

Thanks for just repeating what Wilson said, in just more words.

GmenFan1980
05-23-2012, 01:05 AM
We don't know for sure what context Vince young said they were "The Dream Team" was said in.

Thay had on paper the most talented team of players is 100% what Vince young was saying.

What else do you think he meant?

Giant stuck in Texas
05-23-2012, 01:45 AM
Man, some of you must be a blast at parties.

not.....

rainierjef
05-23-2012, 02:32 AM
i understand what some of the posters are saying had it been Mccoy or any of the loudmouths on the cowboys roster we would of roasted them with like 3 thread on the same topic but because its one of our own its " what else is he supposed to say." ? the English language is very vast... just sayin

TheAussieGiant
05-23-2012, 02:43 AM

....wow

Apparently to you becoming a professional sportsman means you aren't allowed to have a personality.

myles2424
05-23-2012, 06:14 AM
So when asked to give his prediction on the 2012 season & responded NYG repeat? Dear god!!!! What a classless trouble maker!!!!!
The nerve!!!!! He should've went with the popular dream team or Dallas answer....

miked1958
05-23-2012, 08:56 AM
some of you are taking what he said the wrong way because you most likely misunderstand the context. what's he supposed to say?He should of said " I think this years team will be very competitive and should challenge for another Title." "Super bowl champs again" = challenging for another title. Thanks for just repeating what Wilson said, in just more words.not the same. SB Champs again is saying WE ARE GOING TO WIN IT AGAIN. Saying we will challenge for another Title doesnt mean they will eventually win it. GB, SF and NE all Challenged for the Title last season..</P>

</P>

But i get what you are saying. its okay to have a little fun with a fellow rookie... its just that you have to watch out as the media will sometimes twist what you say and try to make a story out of it... twisting it like he is dissing the other 3teams in our div and the other contenders in the NFC. which is not what he did or said but that is how they make it come off sometimes</P>

miked1958
05-23-2012, 09:02 AM
We don't know for sure what context Vince young said they were "The Dream Team" was said in. Thay had on paper the most talented team of players is 100% what Vince young was saying. What else do you think he meant?again he was stating a true fact. they did have the most talented team of players with all those off season signings and could be considered a Dream Team. But I was not there and didnt see any clip of it. So i dont know if it was playful with teammates or other NFL players just messing around or if he was standing at his locker and declared "WE ARE THE DREAM TEAM and NO ONE WILL BEAT US or AND WE ARE BETTER THEN ANY OTHER ROSTER IN NFL.. He may not of said those exact words but how you say something has alot to do with what you really mean....</P>

</P>

Like. A fan saying when he heard they signed Vince. "Vince Young is on the Team" you can say it low and monatone which would mean you dont like the signing. or you could say it upbeat and LOUD meaning your are very happy with the signing. you said and meant one thing but it could be misinterpted by the media for a story. that is all i am saying... </P>

Sm0key11
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
The guy was just poking a little fun at Trent Richardson who ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! lay off the kid.I get what your saying but it could be taken out of context by other players and teams.

He was JOKING around with a FRIEND... The same way U do... Your reference to other teams and players (bulletin board) makes you sound like you have something to fear...

Buto
05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Probably should have said "we have no shot so we're just going to mail it in"
That way the fans won't slap him around for being a rookie having some fun.

I like his train of thought.

The only thing better would be seeing him knock Mark Sanchez and Tom Brady's heads together ever time he scored against the Browns.

Toadofsteel
05-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I want to see a SB victory over the broncos.

Eli has been called "The Other Manning" for long enough... it's time that the rest of the NFL recognized that Eli is just as good as Peyton, and the only way that's going to happen is by beating peyton head-to-head in the biggest game...

YATittle1962
05-23-2012, 11:54 AM
rookies should be seen and not heard

lamas
05-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Did you not watch the video? It was all in fun. Even the article said that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=X8WeQuDRJJY

Personally, I really enjoy this kind of thing. It shows us more of who the player is. What's wrong with that?

lamas
05-23-2012, 12:54 PM

Did you not watch the video? It was all in fun. Even the article said that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=X8WeQuDRJJY

Personally, I really enjoy this kind of thing. It shows us more of who the player is. What's wrong with that?

Rat_bastich
05-23-2012, 04:09 PM
Wilson is just plain crazy...we all know it will be against the Patriots again.

ralphpal
05-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Rememeber when Eli said he was a good as Tom Brady ? People blasted him for saying that . They wanted to to say Well he has 3 superbowl rings i only have one and until i win another then we could talk about it .
Well how did that turn out .
PS maybe hes from the future and the odd of a Giants- browns superbowl is 1000-1 and he wants Giants fans on this message board to win money

sharick88
05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
The guy was just poking a little fun at Trent Richardson who ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! lay off the kid.

Exactly. Now everyone with their panties tied in a knot can STFU

FlyingTruck
05-24-2012, 04:53 AM
Some of you are ridiculous. "OMG he hasn't even played a down yet" Shut up. The dude was just joking around. Some of you are so uptight.