PDA

View Full Version : CB Witherspoon goes down in OTA's

FroZeNx31x
05-23-2012, 11:31 AM
Brain Witherspoon who was recovering from an ACL goes down during OTA's and has been carted off the field.

@MikeGarafolo: CB Brain Witherspoon, recovering from ACL surgery, just went down during individuals and is being carted off. #nyg

Hope its nothing serious but it looks like another ACL.

Let the injuries begin.

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
Wow. Here we go again...

thomsoad
05-23-2012, 11:44 AM
As awful as this sounds I had been comtemplating putting a thread in about who was going to go down first with an ACL tear.

Sure does seem like we get a lot of them every year.

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
As awful as this sounds I had been comtemplating putting a thread in about who was going to go down first with an ACL tear. Sure does seem like we get a lot of them every year.</P>

I was going to do the same, but held off. </P>

Maybe instead of Next Man Up, we can say Who's Next?</P>

Ill bet a LB goes down next, before training camp. </P>

FroZeNx31x
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Rivers goes down with a ACL next

nYg24
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM
Molden also..just went down...and here...we...go!

thomsoad
05-23-2012, 11:59 AM
As awful as this sounds I had been comtemplating putting a thread in about who was going to go down first with an ACL tear. Sure does seem like we get a lot of them every year.</P>

Basing this on last year and how our secondary went from a strength to a weakness due to all the ACL's...im going DL. And our ACL tears seem to somehow revolve mostly around players in thier final year of contracts...Hate to say it...but if I was Osi i think I would hold out as long as possible.

nYg24
05-23-2012, 12:01 PM

Basing this on last year and how our secondary went from a strength to a weakness due to all the ACL's...im going DL. And our ACL tears seem to somehow revolve mostly around players in thier final year of contracts...Hate to say it...but if I was Osi i think I would hold out as long as possible.

We also had alot of injuries on the DL last year. They should be healthier this year. *crossing fingers*

fansince69
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
It always seems like hamstring injuries and wide receivers go together on this team every year.

Kruunch
05-23-2012, 12:36 PM
HIXON goes down with a ACL next

Fixed.

nygsb42champs
05-23-2012, 12:45 PM
Amazing

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 01:01 PM
HIXON goes down with a ACL next

Fixed.
</P>

Hixon usually waits till the season or at least preseason though, making a ridiculous exciting grab. </P>

MikeIsaGiant
05-23-2012, 01:33 PM
I blame Steve Smith, ****ing *****hole

ShakeNBake
05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
You'd think these guys were playing on sand in flip flops with all of the knee injuries we've had as of late.

JMFP2
05-23-2012, 01:36 PM
Un **** -ing believable.

C1010
05-23-2012, 01:49 PM
Damn, I feel bad for Spoon and hope he can bounce back.

JMFP2
05-23-2012, 02:01 PM
This is a another reason why losing Aaron Ross in FA may become a bigger deal than some people would otherwise think.

thomsoad
05-23-2012, 02:23 PM
This is a another reason why losing Aaron Ross in FA may become a bigger deal than some people would otherwise think.

Truth is when i reading about all the players coming back Witherspoon was not one of the names I was reading. While i feel bad for the guy the truth is he wasnt considered a major player in this years training camp. Im beginning to hear panic from some fans and just pointing it out.

Spedracer
05-23-2012, 02:24 PM

You don't sign a guy to a 5 million per year contract who will be the 4th best corner on the team...

Also, Witherspoon was a longshot coming off this kind of injury. A guy like Justin Tryon is a better bet for that spot anyways, as he went on IR for a fractured arm, not a knee.

Rat_bastich
05-23-2012, 02:58 PM
It always seems like hamstring injuries and wide receivers go together on this team every year.

Yeah nothing will quite say "Welcome to the NFL" for Randle than a hammy.

fansince69
05-23-2012, 04:23 PM

Yeah nothing will quite say "Welcome to the NFL" for Randle than a hammy.

I was trying to avoid saying this but it seems like every wide receiver draft pick pulls one at some point.......moss manningham ....almost seems like nicks did...I know there were more....for a couple years it seemed like every wide receiver on the team ...usually the young ones

fourth&forever
05-23-2012, 06:00 PM
You'd think these guys were playing on sand in flip flops with all of the knee injuries we've had as of late.

That might be easier on the knees than the damn turf.

ShakeNBake
05-23-2012, 06:02 PM

That might be easier on the knees than the damn turf.

Yeah I was trying to think of a surface that would be worse than playing on a thin carpet covering concrete haha

JMFP2
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
This is a another reason why losing Aaron Ross in FA may become a bigger deal than some people would otherwise think. You don't sign a guy to a 5 million per year contract who will be the 4th best corner on the team... Also, Witherspoon was a longshot coming off this kind of injury. A guy like Justin Tryon is a better bet for that spot anyways, as he went on IR for a fractured arm, not a knee.</P>

Last year Ross was the #2 CB.</P>

Alot of Ross' contract(over$5m)with the Jags is incentives.</P>

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/aaron-ross/</P>

Bottom line: No guarantee T2 makes a full comeback. No guarantee another CB doens't go down. I totally understand the cap math might not have been friendly.</P>

However, Ross would be a guy I could understand overpaying. He did a great job last season.</P>

</P>

</P>

JJC7301
05-23-2012, 10:54 PM
I think that we should have spent every single pick in the '12 draft on secondary players only to make sure that we have the depth that we need for the season.

TC and the coaches need to talk to the secondary about doing whatever they need to to keep in game shape. This is insane.

JMFP2
05-23-2012, 11:13 PM
I think that we should have spent every single pick in the '12 draft on secondary players only to make sure that we have the depth that we need for the season. TC and the coaches need to talk to the secondary about doing whatever they need to to keep in game shape. This is insane.</P>

Prince really needs to step up this season.</P>

And thankfully, they drafted Hosley.</P>

JMFP2
05-23-2012, 11:14 PM
(double post)</P>

Toadofsteel
05-24-2012, 12:32 AM
We should just rename ourselves the New York ACLs...