PDA

View Full Version : Andre Brown appealing 4 game suspension:

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 02:49 PM
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1,"tn":"K"}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>From CBS Sports: RB Andre Brown is facing a four-game suspension for violating the NFL's performance-enhancing substance ban. However, he told CBSSports.com that he's in the midst of the appeals process. “I don't know what I can and cannot say,” he said. “It was something that I've been on since I've been in the league, which was adderall. I just forgot to fill out some paperwork and that was it.”</SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1,"tn":"K"}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>Sounds like he may get off the hook if thats what it was.</SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1,"tn":"K"}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'>I got a ring! He got one too!</SPAN></H6>

Spedracer
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.

NYFan221
05-23-2012, 03:48 PM
I hope he gets a break, he deserves one for sure. Basically, this could be his career on the line.

and if it's for adderol who cares? theres no unfair advantage given to him by taken adderol, unless he was taking tests, or trying to drink all day.

Spedracer
05-23-2012, 04:12 PM

and if it's for adderol who cares? theres no unfair advantage given to him by taken adderol, unless he was taking tests, or trying to drink all day.

NCAA bans certain energy supplements and drinks, So its not a stretch to think aderall is banned by both them and the NFL.

Captain Chaos
05-23-2012, 04:14 PM
Lets hope the kid catches a break here.

NYGinIN
05-23-2012, 04:15 PM

NCAA bans certain energy supplements and drinks, So its not a stretch to think aderall is banned by both them and the NFL.

If he has a dr's slip I don't think there is really much discussion

DVision
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM

It gave him an unfair advantage in the film room because he was so focused! /s

Drez
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM

Not saying that he isn't legitimately on Aderall, but you don't think that being on amphetamines would have any kind of benefit on the field? How high are you?

ShakeNBake
05-23-2012, 05:07 PM

Not saying that he isn't legitimately on Aderall, but you don't think that being on amphetamines would have any kind of benefit on the field? How high are you?

Its all about dosage, but you are right one could get the same effects from adderall as one can from meth, they are both amphetamines.

Drez
05-23-2012, 05:14 PM

Its all about dosage, but you are right one could get the same effects from adderall as one can from meth, they are both amphetamines.

Exactly. If he's on it for legitimate purpose following a prescribed dose and dosing schedule, then yeah, there wouldn't be any performance enhancing qualities and it's a non-issue. If it was just a matter of a paperwork snafu, then I'm sure he'll win his appeal.

However, to make the claim that being on amphetamines wouldn't have a beneficial effect is just silly and rather beside the point, too.

GMENAGAIN
05-23-2012, 05:31 PM

Exactly. If he's on it for legitimate purpose following a prescribed dose and dosing schedule, then yeah, there wouldn't be any performance enhancing qualities and it's a non-issue. If it was just a matter of a paperwork snafu, then I'm sure he'll win his appeal.

However, to make the claim that being on amphetamines wouldn't have a beneficial effect is just silly and rather beside the point, too.
</P>

Yes, and I am sure that he, like all of the other athletes who get nailed for violating a drug policy, is telling the complete truth about what caused him to fail the test . . . . . . </P>

</P>

Drez
05-23-2012, 05:49 PM

</p>

Yes, and I am sure that he, like all of the other athletes who get nailed for violating a drug policy, is telling the complete truth about what caused him to fail the test . . . . . . </p>

</p>
You never know. It is possible that he's ADD/ADHD and simply forgot to turn in some paperwork.

It's equally as likely that he's using it as speed or using above his prescribed dosages.

I was more poo-pooing the idea that there couldn't be any beneficial effects from using Adderall.

G-Men Surg.
05-23-2012, 06:05 PM
Adderall® is indicated for the treatment of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and Narcolepsy.

Unless he has the evidence or proof he has prescription or previous medical atention he doesn't have a chance to beat it and even if he has medical prescrition the physician and the patient ( in this case a NFL football player ) have the responsability of knowing or investigating if the treatment in question is a legal or a banned substance undef NFL rules or policies.

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 09:02 PM
Is it true if you eat enough poppy seeded bagels you can fail a drug test too? lol

Drez
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Is it true if you eat enough poppy seeded bagels you can fail a drug test too? lol
Yes. Opium is derived from a certain type of poppy plant.

TuckYou
05-23-2012, 10:57 PM

Well that sucks. How do you defend that?

bearbryant
05-23-2012, 11:11 PM
If he's taking adderrall under a doctors Rx. No harm no foul, no suspension!

Drez
05-23-2012, 11:19 PM

Not too sure, really. I wonder if it metabolizes differently and a more comprehensive blood test can show it was a false positive. Otherwise, I guess you'd just have to petition for a retest I guess.

Toadofsteel
05-24-2012, 01:36 AM
The big question is: Does Brown actually have an Rx or no?

giantsfan420
05-24-2012, 02:26 AM

Not too sure, really. I wonder if it metabolizes differently and a more comprehensive blood test can show it was a false positive. Otherwise, I guess you'd just have to petition for a retest I guess.

Well the thing with thqt is to show up on a drug test by sole poppy seed bagels or something, ud have to ingest such a large amount that u wouldnt even be able to do it.

And with the actual science of how it shows up on tests, the product, wherher ots adderal or pain pills, metabolizes through the fat cells that gets broken down in the liver.

BlueBlooded1979
05-24-2012, 02:31 AM
All pro leagues have to approve banned substances even with an Rx. There are far too many legitimate drug dealers posing as doctors now. Usually under the title of Pain Management or Psychotherapist. Make appts with them and you can get whatever you want as long as you know how to ask. The NFL has secondary doctors who confim diagnoses.

If it was a league approved DR then he might get it reduced but GODell is too power crazy to rescind it entirely.