PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS' BRIAN WITHERSPOON MAY HAVE INJURED ACL

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 04:00 PM
GIANTS' BRIAN WITHERSPOON MAY HAVE INJURED ACL (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82949032/article/giants-brian-witherspoon-may-have-injured-acl)

"The buildup to this New York Giants (/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) season is
starting just like last year.<div id="yui_3_4_1_1_1337799553324_756" class="articleText">

Cornerback Brian Witherspoon (/players/brianwitherspoon/profile?id=WIT134733) left
practice Wednesday on a cart, and early indications from coach Tom Coughlin are
that Witherspoon suffered an ACL injury, according to Ralph Vacchiano of the New
York Daily News. It's a crushing blow for the fifth-year undrafted player, who
also tore his ACL before the 2011 season.</p>
<div id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet-rendered" lang="en">
<div class="twt-border">
<blockquote class="twt-o twt-tweet hentry

twt-always-show-actions

twt-pinned

twt-standard

" data-twt-product="tweetembed" data-twt-intents="false" data-twt-id="205333367909134338">
<div class="vcard author"><a id="yui_3_4_1_1_1337799553324_992" class="screen-name url" href="https://twitter.com/TheBlueScreen" data-screen-name="TheBlueScreen"><span class="avatar">https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1417559662/RalphPic_normal.jpg</span>
<span class="fn">Ralph Vacchiano</span> <span class="nickname">@TheBlueScreen</span> </a></div>
<div class="entry-content">
<p class="entry-title">Ugh. Awful news for @Spoony29 (https://twitter.com/Spoony29) ... RT @ebenezersamuel (https://twitter.com/ebenezersamuel): Coughlin
on CB Witherspoon. Says he is afraid it was an acl again</p></div>
</blockquote></div></div>

</p>

Witherspoon was seen as a likely dime back and special-teams dynamo for the
Giants last year before the injury. The Giants suffered a series of injuries in
the secondary before last year, most notably to starting cornerback Terrell Thomas (/players/terrellthomas/profile?id=THO387318)."</p></div>

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 04:07 PM
And we've not yet begun contact!

thomsoad
05-23-2012, 05:15 PM

Roanoke you forget that we are talking about the Giants and DBs. Contact is when thier foot touches the field.

DemandedAce
05-23-2012, 05:18 PM
Ugh, terrible news. So I'm gonna be "that guy" for at least right now. I don't know of any preventative measures for an ACL especially coming into workouts cold, however Hixon tore his and re tore it the very next season as well. Is the staff letting our boys come back too soon from these injuries? I don't think they would I know they have a great rep but still it makes me wonder when it happens two years in a row

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 05:25 PM

Roanoke you forget that we are talking about the Giants and DBs. Contact is when thier foot touches the field.

Point taken

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Ugh, terrible news. So I'm gonna be "that guy" for at least right now. I don't know of any preventative measures for an ACL especially coming into workouts cold, however Hixon tore his and re tore it the very next season as well. Is the staff letting our boys come back too soon from these injuries? I don't think they would I know they have a great rep but still it makes me wonder when it happens two years in a row

If anything we know two things:

1. The GIANTS medical staff is ultra conservative regarding returning from injuries
2. TC let's the medical staff determine when a player comes back without any pushing

Mercury
05-23-2012, 05:30 PM
I can only think these injuries are turf related. I haven't done any analysis or anything, but it sure seems like we've had a lot more of them lately.

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Hixon was the first of several injuries just running on the field

thomsoad
05-23-2012, 05:36 PM

Personally im beginning to think Jimmy Hoffa was a Jets fan

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 05:40 PM

Personally im beginning to think Jimmy Hoffa was a Jets fan

LOL

G-Men Surg.
05-23-2012, 05:48 PM

Jesus, Mary and Joseph ; ( I guess the road to the SB this year is shaping up the exact same way like last year. Bummer, I'm trying to see the bright side but I just can't see one bro .

RoanokeFan
05-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Jesus, Mary and Joseph ; ( I guess the road to the SB this year is shaping up the exact same way like last year. Bummer, I'm trying to see the bright side but I just can't see one bro .

I'm pretty sure Mary would be an UDFA [;)]

G-Men Surg.
05-23-2012, 06:07 PM

I'm pretty sure Mary would be an UDFA* [;)]

LOL!

DemandedAce
05-23-2012, 06:49 PM

The bright side is regardless how the season starts its gonna end the same way last season did. New bling for the team

fourth&forever
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM

please tell me this should be in red.

slipknottin
05-23-2012, 07:12 PM
here we go again.

Really wonder how good this team would be if they didn't lose 10 guys a year to injury.

lawl
05-23-2012, 07:17 PM
Stronger legs means stronger ligaments. Start squatting, boys

FIFTY6G-MAN
05-23-2012, 07:34 PM
This has to be a curse on the Giants players. I think we should get them Voo-Doo people that Shelby from the show "AX Men" called in to get his dead brothers spirit off his boat!