PDA

View Full Version : Merrill Reese. The voice of the eagles.

Spedracer
05-23-2012, 09:39 PM
The purpose of this thread is to vent my complete contempt for the Eagles play by play announcer. I don't necessarily hate him, but I certainly despise his voice.

I know I'm not the only one.

jax5338
05-23-2012, 09:51 PM
cannot stand that guy! he legit sounds like a clown!

"dahshonnn jahksonn"
"dahhhnahvon macnobb"

and he always counts down the final seconds to a game, even while the coaches are going out to shake hands with the colock runnings. he sucks.

Giants10Joe
05-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Why are you listening to the Eagles radio broadcasts?

1) You should be watching Giants games on TV, not listening on the radio.
2) If for some reason you can't watch the game and listen on the radio, you should be listening to the Giants broadcast not the Eagles broadcasts. Bob Papa and Carl Banks are awesome.

jomo
05-24-2012, 12:29 AM

2) If for some reason you can't watch the game and listen on the radio, you should be listening to the Giants broadcast not the Eagles broadcasts. Bob Papa and Harry Carson are awesome.
Thanks, I thought this would be obvious but aparently it isn't!

Spedracer
05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
I'm not listening to their broadcasts. I suppose you must not watch NFL network or live in Pennsylvania...so you don't understand.

Any time anything Eagles is on NFL network, like highlights, they have his play by play...just like with Bob Papa and the Giants.

SweetZombieJesus
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM

2) If for some reason you can't watch the game and listen on the radio, you should be listening to the Giants broadcast not the Eagles broadcasts. Bob Papa and Carl Banks are awesome.

On the Super Bowl DVDs they often mix the other team's radio calls with ours (Bob Papa).

If that's the same guy, he sounds like he's gurgling spaghetti. I hate the yukky disc jockey deliveries... Same for the Pats' guy, but the Eagles guy definitely gets on my nerves.

Fmart322
05-25-2012, 10:33 PM
At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.

gmen46
05-26-2012, 12:18 AM
At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.

I disagree. Reese has an especially cloying voice that would turn me off, regardless of what he was broadcasting.

HOWEVER, he is such a complete homer--much much more than Papa or Banks, for example--that whenever an Eagles player screws up, or when an opponent embarrasses his precious Eagles with a big play, he sounds like he's describing the burning of the Hindenburg (oh, the HUMANITY!). Hilarious stuff, that.

Flip Empty
05-26-2012, 01:18 AM
I wish Papa could say something other than "Manning back to throw"

Yankees807
05-26-2012, 01:50 AM
Not as irritating as Suzyn Waldman but it's close!

SweetZombieJesus
05-26-2012, 11:45 AM
At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.l

Here is exactly what I'm talking about (sample the call after Cruz scores the TD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v57QsUUmVI#t=46 0s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v57QsUUmVI#t=46 3s)

7:40 in

Some of the worst disc jockey yukking I've ever heard. "...and that was juzt bad tagling"

I hate radio guys who have to put on a yukky fake voice. I know you have to enunciate and create your own little signature sound, but they yukky disc jockey routine really grates my nerves.

miked1958
05-28-2012, 11:02 PM
At times I hate him but Merrell Reese is an excellent radio guy. It's always easy to hate the other teams guy just because he's the other teams guy. If he were a neutral radio guy you really would like him, IMO.l

Here is exactly what I'm talking about (sample the call after Cruz scores the TD)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v57QsUUmVI#t=460s (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=2v57QsUUmVI#t=463s)

7:40 in

Some of the worst disc jockey yukking I've ever heard.* "...and that was juzt bad tagling"

I hate radio guys who have to put on a yukky fake voice.* I know you have to enunciate and create your own little signature sound, but they yukky disc jockey routine really grates my nerves.
Wow

miked1958
05-28-2012, 11:18 PM
The guys a tool. But was referring to the Road to the SB video. Never gets old

alau53
05-28-2012, 11:35 PM
i like beasley reese better than merril reese..i even like mason reese better