PDA

View Full Version : For me the 2011 Season exorcised some Demons:

Tommy_Ribs
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Last year, the GIANTS exercised some Demons for me as a GIANTS fan. Some of them had been with me for a while.

In 1988 The GIANTS were on a roll, they were 10-5, and had to beat the JETs to win the division. I am convinced that if the GIANTS made the playoffs that year, they would have gone to the Super Bowl. So they end up playing the JETs in the last game of the season, and wouldn't you know it, O'Brien hits Toon for a TD in the last minute, and they steal that one from us. We go 10-6, San Fran lost on purpose to the Rams, so the Rams could get in with the last Wild-Card, and we finish 2nd in the division to the Eagles, and out of the Wild-Card.

This Past year on Christmas Eve, the JEts need a win to keep their season alive. Fueld by Cruz's catch and run, we beat the JETs, and eliminate them from the playoffs.

In 2002/2003, I had possibly my worst moments ever as a GIANTS fan. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack, and I could not speak for weeks about it. The damn meltdown in San Francisco.

Fast Forward to this year and the great NFC Championship Game, Demon exorcised!

Last Year when the Eagles beat us on the Jackson Punt Return, I almost ate my hat. Eliminating them the day we beat the JETs was a great, great feeling, you can believe that I went on their Message boards and rubbed it in for days. I never do this, but this time I did.

GMEN023
05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
I 100% agree with you. The last two years not making the playoffs was rough (especially last year with the collapse agiants the Eagles). I had spent the last few years at college in PA as well and my roommates were Eagles and Patriots fans so I had deal with them and other people saying the Giants SB 42 win was a fluke. Winning this past year I remember feeling so relieved after they won and felt all of my frustration leave me at once. It was awesome elimianting the Eagles on Christmas Eve while dmaging the Jets playoffs hopes and finally beating the Pats in the Super Bowl. It was a very rewarding season overall.

giantsfan420
05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
This is pretty much the golden era...we got such a great team and coaching staff and front office.

It wasnt always pretty and we had to struggle for a while, but the organization is rightfully on top. That 9er game made me think the same way, like there had been a tiny piece of justice in the world lol

G-Man67
05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
good points !</P>

i esp. agree with the SF demon ... i was literally shaking during the winning kick sequence, 1st the 5 yard delay, then the low snap ... chip shot my blank ... nothing is automatic in the ultimate pressure packed scenario and the 2002/3 nightmare was playing over and over again in my head</P>

as far as the Jets ,,, for me it wasn't a demon ... i agree wecoulda won in1988, but i felt we exercised the new/loud Jets more than the old "lovable loser" Jets</P>

oh and that Eagles loss from 2 seasons ago ... i think i was in the fetal position for 6 hours ... it was nice to beat them in Philly and even after blowing the next game to them with Vince Young at QB ... it was nice to eliminate them by beating the Jets ... scary thing is (for Philly fans) is that they might have been that "hot" team last year that got in the last week and ran thru the playoffs</P>

BornBrooklyn
05-24-2012, 03:20 PM
For those reasons I wanted NYG to play the Ravens in SB XLVI... & Beat them senseless.

BornBrooklyn
05-24-2012, 03:20 PM
For those reasons I wanted NYG to play the Ravens in SB XLVI... & Beat them senseless.

Tommy_Ribs
05-24-2012, 05:14 PM
For those reasons I wanted NYG to play the Ravens in SB XLVI... &amp; Beat them senseless.

Agreed - I was hoping for the same thing.

Maybe this year that can happen?

Drez
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
For those reasons I wanted NYG to play the Ravens in SB XLVI... &amp; Beat them senseless.

I hope. I was reading some comments on the ESPN NFCE blog the other week and some Ravens clown was talking about how they would have whipped us <u><font color="#0000FF"><font size="6">IF</font></font></u> they made it to the SB, lol.

I'd love for us to ***** smack their team so I can make him eat his crow. Via his rectum.

NYGRealityCheck
05-24-2012, 06:16 PM

Ravens have to deal with the Steelers and the rising Bengals team. It'd be a hard road for them but possible. It's just that it's very unlikely that they'll have a defense anywhere remotely close to the 2000 team and I just find less satisfaction in beating Flacco and a porous defense.