PDA

View Full Version : Nicks out 12 weeks with fractured foot.

CGYgiant
05-24-2012, 03:35 PM
This hurts but he should be back mid-way through training camp.

Time for someone to step up (Randle)

Source: <a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo" data-user-id="12513132"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Mike Garafolo[/b]
<span>?</span><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>MikeGarafolo</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Giants announce WR Hakeem Nicks fractured his foot at OTAs and is out about 12 weeks. <s>#</s>nyg (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23nyg)</p>

<div class="stream-item-footer">

<div class="context">
</div>

<a class="details with-icn js-details" href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/205742757048877057">
<span class="details-icon js-icon-container">
</span>

<span class="expand-stream-item js-view-details">
<span class="expand-action-wrapper">
</span></span></a>
</div>

CTLadyBlue
05-24-2012, 03:39 PM
At least it isn't during the regular season, that's the best thing about it.

egyptian420
05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
exactly what I'm thinking

CGYgiant
05-24-2012, 03:40 PM

better now then later I suppose. Sucks though

GMenNY21
05-24-2012, 03:42 PM
Damn.. hopefullly he takes his time in recovery, & isn't affected all season

CGYgiant
05-24-2012, 03:44 PM
Damn.. hopefullly he takes his time in recovery, &amp; isn't affected all season

I just hope he stays in shape. We need him to be in top shape come September.

bafzel
05-24-2012, 03:45 PM
2 practices and 3 injurys.
This is the worst part of the season. All the nervous waiting for injury reports.
But I agree with previous posters. He will be back soon enough!

scf424
05-24-2012, 03:46 PM
And I was just watching highlight videos of him.

TuckYou
05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
At least it isn't during the regular season, that's the best thing about it.</P>

YEah, THIS injury isnt, but the next one will be since now he cant practice...</P>

Every year, same thing.</P>

Gmen2005
05-24-2012, 03:48 PM
my god I saw a tweet saying the other WR would have to step up and I though it was something along the lines of his leg falling off. Thank god it's not incredibly serious.

buddy33
It seems that Beatty came back soon from his but it took Prince a long time to come back from.

BlueJayC
<FONT color=#ff0000>Maybe this was planned. If Tom and Jerry get all the Giants' injuries out of the way now they'll be raring to go at the start of the season. Good strategy!</FONT>

PIERCEnumber58rules
05-24-2012, 03:49 PM
Thank God we're deep at WR, and he should be good to go by week one. No rush to get him back out there. We'll be ok with Cruz, Randall, Jernigan, Hixon, and Barden, esp. with Eli throwing the ball.

scf424
05-24-2012, 03:50 PM
Gives Randle time to develop.

I think Nicks has enough of a grasp of the offense to come back in seamlessly mentally, just worried how he'll come back physically.

C1010
It seems that Beatty came back soon from his but it took Prince a long time to come back from.

Prince is still not recovered from his foot injury. I hope Nicks recovers 100% and isn't rushed. I think we'll be fine. If anything atleast this happened very early in the season.

PIERCEnumber58rules
2 practices and 3 injurys.
This is the worst part of the season. All the nervous waiting for injury reports.
But I agree with previous posters. He will be back soon enough!

Who else was injured?

Eli TO Shockey
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM

Prince is still not recovered from his foot injury. I hope Nicks recovers 100% and isn't rushed. I think we'll be fine. If anything atleast this happened very early in the season.

And how do you know this about prince?

FBomb
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
Thank God it's now rather than later. C'mon Hak.....get well soon!!

giantsfan420
05-24-2012, 03:52 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise in that randle, barden, jj will all be getting added reps and attention in the practices.

This news sucks, but nicks should be ready by the start of the season. And now we get to focus a bit more on the other guys we dont know much about yet...

I am just worried that nicks will have the same issue as bradshaw where it never heals fully and he can only practice on fridays or something....

sharick88
05-24-2012, 03:53 PM
Exactly. Of course, some of our fans in here will still go ballistic

Seducer
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM

And how do you know this about prince?</P>

He's still taking it easy at OTAs. I think he had an injection in the foot to help the healing process. I believe Bradshaw had the same thing.</P>

egyptian420
05-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I am just worried that nicks will have the same issue as bradshaw where it never heals fully and he can only practice on fridays or something....
Me too....he hasn't been the healthiest player in the world but his injuries have never been too critical.

I can only hope this one doesn't become a nagging one

Redeyejedi
05-24-2012, 03:57 PM
On the bright side of this it will give guys like Jernigan and Randle more reps with Eli in practice and in the pre season. Maybe this will get Jernigan some reps in the slot and Randle as the X

nygsb42champs
05-24-2012, 03:57 PM
This is every year with the Giants.

JMFP2
05-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Are these OTAs, or the ****ing Thunderdome?

dezzzR
05-24-2012, 03:59 PM
This could be a blessing in disguise in that randle, barden, jj will all be getting added reps and attention in the practices.

This news sucks, but nicks should be ready by the start of the season. And now we get to focus a bit more on the other guys we dont know much about yet...

I am just worried that nicks will have the same issue as bradshaw where it never heals fully and he can only practice on fridays or something....Thinking the exact same thing.

TuckYou
05-24-2012, 04:02 PM
2 practices and 3 injurys. This is the worst part of the season. All the nervous waiting for injury reports. But I agree with previous posters. He will be back soon enough! Who else was injured?</P>

Witherspoon ACL and Molden hammy.</P>

C1010
05-24-2012, 04:03 PM

And how do you know this about prince?</p>

He's still taking it easy at OTAs. I think he had an injection in the foot to help the healing process. I believe Bradshaw had the same thing.</p>

x2 on this. Both Prince and Bradshaw took injections to speed up the healing.

CGYgiant
05-24-2012, 04:06 PM
On the bright side of this it will give guys like Jernigan and Randle more reps with Eli in practice and in the pre season. Maybe this will get Jernigan some reps in the slot and Randle as the X

Yep, Although I hope he is back by opening day. It took Prince 15 weeks to come back from the same injury. I think Beatty was out a similar time.

Redeyejedi
05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
At least we dont have to worry about him tearing an ACL in training camp

titwio
05-24-2012, 04:09 PM
My question is...why the hell do the Giants get more injured during practice than in season games?

I don't understand why these freak injuries just keep popping up...in practice no less.

It's the same story every year...and so it's already begun this season. Seriously...can't wait to see what happens next...ugh

GMenNY21
05-24-2012, 04:27 PM
Really don't want nicks to suffer from foot problems for years to come like AB, this really sucks... Get well Hakeem

FearNYGiants
05-24-2012, 04:28 PM
My question is...why the hell do the Giants get more injured during practice than in season games?

I don't understand why these freak injuries just keep popping up...in practice no less.

It's the same story every year...and so it's already begun this season. Seriously...can't wait to see what happens next...ugh
I think that's because they aren't yet in football shape, not only in regards to what they can endure energy level wise, but also their body's haven't yet had time to acclimate to the workout regimen;limber out and what not.

bubblesmcgee
05-24-2012, 04:31 PM

And how do you know this about prince?</P>

He's still taking it easy at OTAs.* I think he had an injection in the foot to help the healing process.* I believe Bradshaw had the same thing.</P>

I hope he doesnt recover like prince did. prince came back late and was out of shape on his return. DAMMIT WHY NICKS

giantsfan420
05-24-2012, 04:31 PM
It could also be bc its offseason padless practice, they arent 100% locked in and not completely focusing.

One small misstep can have disastrous results

MikeIsaGiant
05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Lucky its now.

Tommy_Ribs
05-24-2012, 04:46 PM
I really hope this is not a Lis-Franc.

It doesn't sound like it, but damn, how the hell do you break your damn foot in OTAs?

Argh!!!

SweetZombieJesus
05-24-2012, 04:51 PM
<font color="#ff0000">Maybe this was planned. If Tom and Jerry get all the Giants' injuries out of the way now they'll be raring to go at the start of the season. Good strategy!</font>

Everybody tear your ACLs NOW

Victor Cruz enters camp as our #1 receiver now with a lot of inexperienced backwash behind him.

DVision
05-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Really don't want nicks to suffer from foot problems for years to come like AB, this really sucks... Get well Hakeem

I read that Bradshaws reoccurring feet problems come from him being bowl-legged and the pressure he puts on the outside of his feet. Nicks does not have that problem.

We just need to hope the surgery goes perfect and he has no setbacks. Nicks has said he is a quick healer and I believe he's returned on time if not early from all his injuries.

hungrrrry
05-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Source: <a class="account-group js-account-group js-action-profile js-user-profile-link" href="https://twitter.com/#%21/MikeGarafolo" data-user-id="12513132"><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id">Mike Garafolo[/b]
<span>?</span><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s>@</s>MikeGarafolo</span>
</a>

<p class="js-tweet-text">Giants announce WR Hakeem Nicks fractured his foot at OTAs and is out about 12 weeks. <s>#</s>nyg (https://twitter.com/#%21/search/%23nyg)</p>

<div class="context">
</div>

<a class="details with-icn js-details" href="https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/205742757048877057">
</span>

</span></span></a>
</div>I broke the same bone in my foot and recovered quickly and without residual problems, in fact my recovery was fully in more like 8 weeks...this won't slow him down in the regular season...for me the most it hurt was when it happened. If this was a rookie it would bother me because of the lack of on-the-field training over the weeks during recovery. Since Nicks is a top 5 receiver in my book, in the NFL, this won't hamper him nor his training, except for conditioning....I would be watchful of pulling a hammy after he gets ok'd for full-speed

gumby742
05-24-2012, 11:17 PM
Well, if Randle comes in and steps up, at least we'll be able to pay Cruz and let Nicks go ... lol.

Overdrive92
05-25-2012, 12:52 AM
...Witherspoon out for the year
...Nicks out for 12 weeks

Sounds like your typical, average, run-of-the-mill Giants preseason. Not much to see here folks. Wake me up when the injury toll is passed 10. Then we'll have news.

Marvelousmik
05-25-2012, 06:24 AM
Thank God we're deep at WR, and he should be good to go by week one. No rush to get him back out there. We'll be ok with Cruz, Randall, Jernigan, Hixon, and Barden, esp. with Eli throwing the ball.

all u did was name receivers on our roster. im all about quality over quantity. And as far as that goes, cruz is the only proven guy besides nicks.

DelawareGiants
05-25-2012, 06:40 AM

Hope that Hakeem will recover but unfortunately with all the cutting and pressure he puts on that foot week to week, and the fact that they are putting in a screw to help healing process is concerning. Could be a Bradshaw type season with minimal practices between games to rest the foot. Hope it holds up through the whole season. Good opportunity for the rest of the WR's to STEP UP!

sc_markt
05-27-2012, 03:07 PM

</a>

<div class="context">
</div>

</span>

</span></span></a>
</div>

I just read that Nicks had a screw inserted in his foot from running a route during an OTA drill and all I got to say is, the injury bug we have seems to be striking earlier than usual.

What's next, our players tearing ACLs cutting the grass of their homes during the offseason? I can't believe this. I don't know what to say...

gmen0820
05-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Players who pose future contract risks for us get hurt, bottom line.