PDA

View Full Version : Question about Nicks!

Tuckit91
05-24-2012, 05:23 PM
So whats the long term effects of this injury on him? Will it linger or will effect his speed and agilty?

Tuckit91
05-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Got my answer from Ralph

Follow

Ralph Vacchiano
Also in New York Giants
And believe it or not, Tom Coughlin said there is a "positive side" to Hakeem Nicks' injury: "The positive side of it is that the doctors are very confident that this will be a complete healing and perhaps the bone will even be stronger than it ever was." (via @NFLNetwork) #NYG

Drez
05-24-2012, 05:35 PM
<div class="post_main_body plm" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 19px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); "><h3 class="author_name" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-size: 16px; font-weight: normal; ">Ralph Vacchiano (http://www.sulia.com/source/S-46381)</h3></div><div class="small_text light_text plm" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; font-size: 12px; color: rgb(173, 173, 173); font-weight: normal; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); ">Also in<span class="Apple-converted-space"></span><span class="strong" style="font-weight: bold; ">New York Giants (http://www.sulia.com/channel/new-york-giants/f/5805ef3e-6ba9-4afc-b136-1631af7e87c7/)</span></div><div class="media plm" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 10px; color: rgb(93, 93, 93); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 19px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(238, 238, 238); "><div class="bd" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; display: table-cell; width: 570px; zoom: 1; "><ul class="vertical_list tiny_spacing" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; list-style-type: none; "><li style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; list-style: none; ">And believe it or not, Tom Coughlin said there is a "positive side" to Hakeem Nicks' injury: "The positive side of it is that the doctors are very confident that this will be a complete healing and perhaps the bone will even be stronger than it ever was." (via @NFLNetwork) #NYG[/list]</div></div>

Drez
05-24-2012, 05:36 PM
Got my answer from Ralph

Follow

Ralph Vacchiano
Also in New York Giants
And believe it or not, Tom Coughlin said there is a "positive side" to Hakeem Nicks' injury: "The positive side of it is that the doctors are very confident that this will be a complete healing and perhaps the bone will even be stronger than it ever was." (via @NFLNetwork) #NYG
Jinx! You owe me a beer!

TheBookOfEli
05-24-2012, 05:45 PM
Got my answer from Ralph

Follow

Ralph Vacchiano
Also in New York Giants

Well if that's the case, then someone should break the same bone in his other foot ASAP.

NYGRealityCheck
05-24-2012, 06:08 PM
What's the time frame for Nicks' injury? How long is he expected to be out?
Nvm, 12 weeks... so glad..

bearbryant
05-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Depending what and where the injury is ; more importantly is the condition of the bones that were injured. The smaller the bones and the more "crushed" the bones were usually has an effect on the recovery time, justhow his recovery moves alongand how many if anychronic issues he'll have from this injury. Too many unknowns with this one. Who's next in line! Step up!</P>

gmen0820
05-24-2012, 06:47 PM
This isn't a devastating knee injury, it's a fractured foot. There won't be severe set backs for Nicks, nothing like Bradshaw (who has chronic foot issues).

The only thing that will hurt Nicks is if he gets out of shape. If he can stay in shape, then he should be 100% by week 4, injury healed, and in football shape.

RoanokeFan
05-24-2012, 06:49 PM
Both Amukamara and Bradshaw have had that new procedure that is designed to help bones heal faster. If it was successful for them, they could add that to their treatment arsenal for Nicks.

Neverend
05-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Prince situation does not make me feel 100% comfortable about this, however

Nicks says he's a fast healer though, hopefully his word bears true

buddy33
05-24-2012, 07:34 PM
I think Prince said he was fine but the doctors wanted it to be even better so they did the procedure. He looked fine in the post season.

miked1958
05-25-2012, 12:52 AM
Got my answer from Ralph Follow Ralph Vacchiano Also in New York Giants And believe it or not, Tom Coughlin said there is a "positive side" to Hakeem Nicks' injury: "The positive side of it is that the doctors are very confident that this will be a complete healing and perhaps the bone will even be stronger than it ever was." (via @NFLNetwork) #NYGTHE POSITIVE SIDE IS THAT THIS INJURY PROTECTS HIM FROM A SEASON ENDING ACL TEAR&gt; lol</P>

</P>

I mean really. At least we can breath a sigh of relief that we know we will get him back at worst case say 4 week of season. If he stayed in OTAs and Training camp and Preseason games we poss could of lost him for the year. So are season is saved</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
05-25-2012, 01:31 AM
This isn't a devastating knee injury, it's a fractured foot. There won't be severe set backs for Nicks, nothing like Bradshaw (who has chronic foot issues).

The only thing that will hurt Nicks is if he gets out of shape. If he can stay in shape, then he should be 100% by week 4, injury healed, and in football shape.

I used to see Jericho Cotchery around and I asked him once how hard it was to get back in shape after an injury and he basically said that if the injury is healed, no time at all because during rehab they workout the entire body as well as the injured part to ensure they are in the best shape possible. He said once they start running it takes about 7-10 days to get into competitive shape.

Rat_bastich
05-25-2012, 06:46 AM

I used to see Jericho Cotchery around and I asked him once how hard it was to get back in shape after an injury and he basically said that if the injury is healed, no time at all because during rehab they workout the entire body as well as the injured part to ensure they are in the best shape possible. He said once they start running it takes about 7-10 days to get into competitive shape.

Yeah, I figure most of these guys have been playing football since Pee Wee League. With the amount of supplements, their diets and how healthy they are they probably heal faster and are able to recover faster than the normal couchman. Not to mention the fact they have some of the best doctors and physical trainers that money can buy. If the desire is there, Nicks will be out there probably almost immediately after the doctors clear him.

The only thing that would hold him back are a set back of some sort or the Giants are doing well without him. If they are doing well they can ease him back into the lineup.

By the way...isn't this a contract year for Nicks? Isn't it odd this happens in a contract year...like Smith? Be careful Cruz you are next!