PDA

View Full Version : Nicks is fragile and you CAN NOT fix fragile

g_menfan80
05-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Not at all surprised by today's injury to Nicks. He's been fragile his whole career and that won't change. This is why we went WR in the 2nd round. After last year's mind blowing injury toll, FA losses and where we ended up, I will never panic again. With that said he should be at full form by the week 3 Carolina game if not by the season opener which is almost 15 weeks away.

MikeSherrard
05-24-2012, 05:28 PM
He looked pretty tough in our Super Bowl Victory and epic playoff run last year.

RoanokeFan
05-24-2012, 05:31 PM
The good news is we know going into training camp so we will see who the "next man up" turns out to be. Will it be Rueben Randle?

g_menfan80
05-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Exactly which showed us how good we can be when he's healthy but like I said we unfortunately have to get used to these disapointment's from him. It's not his fault.

slipknottin
05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
hes had a bunch of fluke injuries though. Its completely possibly at some point in his career he goes 6 straight seasons without missing a game.

SweetZombieJesus
05-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Not at all surprised by today's injury to Nicks. He's been fragile his whole career and that won't change. This is why we went WR in the 2nd round.

I think losing Manningham may have had something to do with it.

Drez
05-24-2012, 06:27 PM
Not at all surprised by today's injury to Nicks. He's been fragile his whole career and that won't change. This is why we went WR in the 2nd round.

I think losing Manningham may have had something to do with it.

I guess you can't fix stupid, either.

giantsfan420
05-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Speaking of mm, hes gotta be kicking himself bc he signed for close to what we offered with sf. One reason he cited was to get more targets...

Well now he prob woulda been running with the 1s and if nicks has a nagging issue or isnt ready when hes supposed to be, knock on wood, mm woulda stepped up and had a season like 2010

Drez
05-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Speaking of mm, hes gotta be kicking himself bc he signed for close to what we offered with sf. One reason he cited was to get more targets...

Well now he prob woulda been running with the 1s and if nicks has a nagging issue or isnt ready when hes supposed to be, knock on wood, mm woulda stepped up and had a season like 2010
So, he would have been running with the 1s during camp and maybe the first week or two. Still isn't 16.

Harooni
05-24-2012, 06:34 PM
no speedy recovery nicks????, no get well soon??? come on you guys!!! its may ,relax bones heal is a matter of a few weeks. he may not miss a reg season game at all and worst case just a few.

giantsfan420
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM

Well now he prob woulda been running with thef 1s and if nicks has a nagging issue or isnt ready when hes supposed to be, knock on wood, mm woulda stepped up and had a season like 2010
So, he would have been running with the 1s during camp and maybe the first week or two. Still isn't 16.

True, i was trying to convey a nagging injury issue that lasts all season. Again, knock on wood...lol

Just pointing that out that mm prob thought about this notion for a second

G-Men Surg.
05-24-2012, 06:38 PM
Just saw the news about his fracture, not happy to see him going down,. I hope he gets well soon but he's going to take close to 3 months to rexover. He said before the last time he went down ( granted with a hammy ) that he was a fast healer, lets pray he's still a quick healer and comes back ahead of schedule.

lawl
05-24-2012, 06:53 PM
no speedy recovery nicks????, no get well soon???* come on you guys!!!* its may ,relax bones heal is a matter of a few weeks. he may not miss a reg season game at all and worst case just a few.

Tell that to prince amukamara

MattyD21
05-24-2012, 07:02 PM
Fragile..... must be Italian !

Drez
05-24-2012, 07:48 PM

Well now he prob woulda been running with thef 1s and if nicks has a nagging issue or isnt ready when hes supposed to be, knock on wood, mm woulda stepped up and had a season like 2010

True, i was trying to convey a nagging injury issue that lasts all season. Again, knock on wood...lol

Just pointing that out that mm prob thought about this notion for a second
Maybe. But, there's one thing that MM can be in SF that he would never be here and that's THE man.

Drez
05-24-2012, 07:49 PM
Fragile..... must be Italian !
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SP9Jt63joN4/TPAKwvhPjNI/AAAAAAAAAXk/ieBoTV6pf7E/s1600/fragile.jpg

berya
05-24-2012, 07:57 PM
They all miss games. The man has played 14,13,15 games respectively not as fragile as he seems. Mario Manningham missed more games Steve Smith missed more games. Plax was always playing banged up too.

TheBookOfEli
05-24-2012, 07:59 PM
Injuries suck but it happens. Even happens to the best of them. Look at Andre Johnson.

g_menfan80
05-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Key word's there "a bunch of". He seems to alway's come up from contact to other players or the ground ailing. He's a tough guy and a good healer so he'll fight through all the injuries he gets but like I said we have to get used to it with him. I hope your right and he play's even half as many as 6 season's injury free!

giantman8493
05-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Not at all surprised by today's injury to Nicks. He's been fragile his whole career and that won't change. This is why we went WR in the 2nd round. After last year's mind blowing injury toll, FA losses and where we ended up, I will never panic again. With that said he should be at full form by the week 3 Carolina game if not by the season opener which is almost 15 weeks away.Hey! I can fix fragile! No Joke. Im a genius.

FBomb
05-24-2012, 10:46 PM
no speedy recovery nicks????, no get well soon??? come on you guys!!! its may ,relax bones heal is a matter of a few weeks. he may not miss a reg season game at all and worst case just a few.

</P>

You're new here, huh?</P>

THE_New_York_Giants
05-24-2012, 11:26 PM
Good thing this happened in May instead of August. He should be ready by week one... And we did beat New England without him last year. I think we can survive against the cowturds without him if need be. Hopefully he is back to form by week 3 or week 4. Remember going into last year when everyone on the boards was on over-reaction Monday because we lost Boss and Smith? And don't give me "Smith wasn't a good receiver" because we all thought he was great back then. This is the time that Jernigan, Randle, Hixon, and Barden step up and say "we want to win the job or more playing time." I think this might help the development of Jernigan and Randle actually. It could very well be a blessing in disguise, though I would much rather have Nicks for week 1.

miked1958
05-25-2012, 12:47 AM
Nicks may have just saved Bardens Butt

Rat_bastich
05-25-2012, 03:50 AM

Or just destroyed his career with the Giants. Jernigan and Randle will both get looks on the field at the same time. Barden better impress or he will become Moss2.

rcrane082985
05-25-2012, 04:57 AM
yup, nicks must have softer bones than the rest of em LOL, dumb thread.

hungrrrry
05-25-2012, 07:13 AM
Not at all surprised by today's injury to Nicks. He's been fragile his whole career and that won't change. This is why we went WR in the 2nd round. After last year's mind blowing injury toll, FA losses and where we ended up, I will never panic again. With that said he should be at full form by the week 3 Carolina game if not by the season opener which is almost 15 weeks away.You can do preventative exercises to ward off the likelihood of injuries like this, but not only that, a broken bone like he has can happen to anyone by just having your shoe-laces just a little to loose while doing sports activities...a shoe size a half size too big can do this as well. A shoe that is too tight can cause injury to many parts of the foot and leg including turning knees, ruptured achillis, etc.
With exercise you need to work all the muscles around these crucial areas prone to injury (which is basicly every joint - in football)...the extra muscle adds more support to these areas while adding flexibility training, yoga, etc. to increase range on motion.
This kind of training and preparation is to be taught to all these players so when injuries ramp up, the people that should get blame are the trainers, conditioning coaches as well as equipment personel...
Now that isn't to get Nicks off the hook...he also has to want to apply himself in those areas of preparation. If he allows these staff members to believe he is all set then he won't be as prepared as he could be...that is on him. If he wants nothing but to be the best then he needs to work on injury prevention as well as route running...his future contract will depend on it because Reese WILL say..."you're injury-prone dude"

BlueJayC
05-25-2012, 09:21 AM
Fragile..... must be Italian !</P>

One of my favorite quotes of all time......</P>

Bradshaw is fragile too......you know the guy who scored the winning TD in SB46.....I don't care if they're fragile if they produce when it counts......</P>

Besides there's only one true IRON man in pro football and his name begins with an E and ends in an I.....think there's an L in the middle somewhere.</P>

G-Man67
05-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Nicks has only missed 6 regular season games in his 3 year career and he may only miss 1 or 2as a result of this injury</P>

i understand the frustration, but let's take a step back .... sometimes bad things turn into good things ... Rueben Randle is going to get a lot more reps and maybe he emerges early in the season instead of late and we end up not even thinking about Manningham</P>

NYG55nwo
05-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Nicks will be fine. My only question is.... how are all these injuries occuring with no contact? What can they possibly be doing in practice (with no contact)to cause a ACL injury or broken bone in foot injury? I dont get it

Flip Empty
05-25-2012, 11:34 AM
Nicks will be fine. My only question is.... how are all these injuries occuring with no contact? What can they possibly be doing in practice (with no contact) to cause a ACL injury or broken bone in foot injury? I dont get it
Landing awkwardly or something. You don't need contact with another person to injure yourself - gravity and your own body weight is enough.
Check plays where players have torn their ACL (don't). There's often zero contact with another player.

BeatYale
05-25-2012, 11:40 AM
Nicks will be fine.* My only question is.... how are all these injuries occuring with no contact?** What can they possibly be doing in practice (with no contact)*to cause a ACL injury or broken bone in foot injury? I dont get it

Well WR's and DB's craft on the field relies heavily on how well they get in and out of their cuts (foot plants) on the field. So even in no contact drills there's chances for freak injuries to occur and that's what this was. Maybe the condition of the practice field has something to do with.

Coughlin mentioned that it first looked like Nicks rolled his ankle. That should give an idea of how he ended breaking a bone in his foot.

Long story short, this is what Nicks ended up doing that resulted in his injury.

http://www.momentjunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/ankle-roll.jpg

burier
05-25-2012, 12:04 PM

Actually players aren't so short sighted as to regret making long term decisions based on the current injury report.

Even if Nicks missed the whole season in the long run Manningham would be the third passing option. I wouldn't say he's kicking himself because he couldn't forsee Nicks missing training camp. That actually doesn't make sense when you really think about it.

Out of curiousity what exactly did the Giants offer Manningham anyway?

ny06
05-25-2012, 01:41 PM
~This Thread~</P>

http://blog.griffieworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg</P>

ShakeNBake
05-25-2012, 04:22 PM
Not at all surprised by today's injury to Nicks. He's been fragile his whole career and that won't change. This is why we went WR in the 2nd round. After last year's mind blowing injury toll, FA losses and where we ended up, I will never panic again. With that said he should be at full form by the week 3 Carolina game if not by the season opener which is almost 15 weeks away.You can do preventative exercises to ward off the likelihood of injuries like this, but not only that, a broken bone like he has can happen to anyone by just having your shoe-laces just a little to loose while doing sports activities...a shoe size a half size too big can do this as well. A shoe that is too tight can cause injury to many parts of the foot and leg including turning knees, ruptured achillis, etc.
With exercise you need to work all the muscles around these crucial areas prone to injury (which is basicly every joint - in football)...the extra muscle adds more support to these areas while adding flexibility training, yoga, etc. to increase range on motion.
This kind of training and preparation is to be taught to all these players so when injuries ramp up, the people that should get blame are the trainers, conditioning coaches as well as equipment personel...
Now that isn't to get Nicks off the hook...he also has to want to apply himself in those areas of preparation. If he allows these staff members to believe he is all set then he won't be as prepared as he could be...that is on him. If he wants nothing but to be the best then he needs to work on injury prevention as well as route running...his future contract will depend on it because Reese WILL say..."you're injury-prone dude"

Nicks broke his foot, I don't think there are any strength training programs out there that would prevent this kind of injury

Roosevelt
05-25-2012, 04:34 PM
~This Thread~</p>

http://blog.griffieworld.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/charlie-brown-1-sad.jpg</p>

+1.

JMFP2
05-25-2012, 05:17 PM
Fragile..... must be Italian !</P>

</P>

Well-played!</P>

05-25-2012, 05:51 PM
Hakeem the dream is NOT fragile</P>

miked1958
05-26-2012, 12:58 AM

Or just destroyed his career with the Giants. Jernigan and Randle will both get looks on the field at the same time. Barden better impress or he will become Moss2.Totally agree

Flip Empty
05-26-2012, 01:27 AM
At least Moss managed to show he couldn't play very well - Barden can't even make it onto the field.

Rat_bastich
05-26-2012, 02:01 AM
At least Moss managed to show he couldn't play very well - Barden can't even make it onto the field.

Hahahaha, yeah. I wonder what Moss' time on the field has been compared to Barden's.

arrjay
05-26-2012, 09:32 PM
<font color="#000080" face="Times New Roman" size="4">He's not fragile.. he's a little unlucky early in his career. He was an absolute beast in the playoffs.. Fragile players don't do what he did 2011 postseason...</font>

dave56dj
05-26-2012, 09:43 PM
FRAGILE? In the 52 games he could have played (that includes regular season and playoffs) he played in 46 - are you serious? This is the NFL and that track record is damn good in this violent league - Nothing FRAGILE about the best receiver we've seen in his first three years.

SweetZombieJesus
05-27-2012, 10:25 AM
He's missed 6 out of 52 career games. Not exactly fragile.

Sundown
05-27-2012, 10:34 AM
LOL its hilarious when folks ***** about a player getting hurt, something they can't control. A hammy i can understand but a bone? What he didn't drink enough milk for your liking?