PDA

View Full Version : NFL Live killing the GMEN already:

TuckYou
05-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Praying that the GMEN are hurt by this Nicks injury. </P>

For the first time since Feb they decided to talk about us (Minus Eli's SNL episode) and of course it is all bad news. They really are trying their hardest to paintthe mostpessimistic picture about this.</P>

"12 weeks, PRE SURGERY, could be longer."</P>

"May not be ready for the Cowboys game week 1"</P>

"Lost Manningham and Devin Thomas, and Hixon coming back from his second ACL tear"</P>

Did they forget we went through this last year? In fact, we go through it more then most every year. Thats Giants football. </P>

I will admit that Nicks is constantly getting injuried and it sucks because if this kid could stay healthy, he would be a star. </P>

But now they are saying he wont be ready for the Cowboys in September. </P>

</P>

TuckYou
05-24-2012, 08:13 PM
well, I guess they did say Ruben Randle is a Hakeem Nicks clone. Guess we need to hope thats true.

buddy33
05-24-2012, 08:18 PM
The thing about Nicks is that even though he gets hurt a lot, he seems to get better sooner than later.

Hope fully he is back by the 1st game.

Rudyy
05-24-2012, 08:19 PM
I think they are beefing this up more to have a better reason to choose the Eagles and Cowboys to win the division.

What they fail to realize is what you just said . We go through this every year. It sucks tremendously, but we are not going to just sit and cry, we move on.

buddy33
05-24-2012, 08:20 PM
It's also closer to 15 weeks until the 1st game.

BlueBlooded1979
05-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Good, this team thrives when the world doubts them. Let them focus on the rest of the division, Tebow and their everlasting slobbering of Brady, Brees and Rodgers. The Giants will quietly put in the work required to build a championship team and make them look stupid, again.

Toadofsteel
05-24-2012, 09:14 PM
Has anyone ever discerned WHY everyone wants to kill us in the preseason, even with the SB victory?

RoanokeFan
05-24-2012, 09:21 PM
Has anyone ever discerned WHY everyone wants to kill us in the preseason, even with the SB victory?

It keeps them employed

g_menfan80
05-24-2012, 09:25 PM
It really is fascinating how much the media really doesn't fall in love with us no matter how much the Giants dominate and overcome incredible odds. I understand why all the dip****s don't fall in love with Eli because he doesn't have that dimeanor that star QB's have but the Giants organization is quietly climbing to the very top of the NFL. Yet the media still makes me feel like were the 03-06 Giants

Toadofsteel
05-24-2012, 10:02 PM
It really is fascinating how much the media really doesn't fall in love with us no matter how much the Giants dominate and overcome incredible odds. I understand why all the dip****s don't fall in love with Eli because he doesn't have that dimeanor that star QB's have but the Giants organization is quietly climbing to the very top of the NFL. Yet the media still makes me feel like were the 03-06 Giants

I know the media abhors a normal person (I've said as much before), but calling the season deep-sixed just because of injury just reeks of hate. If Driver or Jennings went down in the offseason last year you wouldn't hear about how the Pack has no chance.

What baffles me beyond anything, though, is how people are saying how much of a reformed soul Michael Vick is with regards to the whole dog-fighting thing, but all the media heads seem to forget that after getting out of prison he committed an even bigger moral sin: signing with the Philadelphia Eagles. Yet the media fanboys are still in love with him...

GIANTSACK
05-24-2012, 10:59 PM

Haha you got away with dip****

TuckYou
05-24-2012, 11:34 PM

Haha , dip****. Fun word. Not a curse.

Anyway, I'd say its because we are the NY Giants, a New York team, which so many people absolutley dispise for no reason at all, but the Jets seem to avoid it. I don't quite get it. Maybe they hate Coughlin for some reason.

THE_New_York_Giants
05-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Good. I like it when the ***les and cowturd fans get ****y and come talk crap only to lose to our amazing team.

Easy-Duz-It
05-25-2012, 01:28 AM
I think it's fascinating how some folks on this board seem to spin a story. I saw the news on espn today, and all I really heard was that he'd be out about 12 weeks and that the Giants expect to have him back during the preseason. hmmmmmm.......

I also saw when they flashed up our list of receivers. Not sure what the story is here? The list was accurate.

Rat_bastich
05-25-2012, 04:08 AM
Yeah, I think the only article I have really seen that was critical of this and pretty clueless was the one on msn.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Hakeem-Nicks-injury-New-York-Giants-breaks-foot-could-be-costly-052412

She seems in awe from tone that he will be out midway through preaseason. Pretty decent since that will mean that he will be playing as he did last year with a shortened preseason.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 05:44 AM
well, I guess they did say Ruben Randle is a Hakeem Nicks clone. Guess we need to hope thats true.

Yeah i said that right when he drafted him. Well more accurate is mayock, cosell, reese, and ross were saying that.

Im wxcited to see how he looks with the added reps and attention, this could really speed up his development

nycsportzfan
05-25-2012, 06:22 AM
We got 2former 3rd rders and a 2nd rder this past draft still on roster to go with cruz and hixon... ALso, we got Julian Talley, another umass kid who i think is intiguing... I'm not even worried about WR one bit...

hungrrrry
05-25-2012, 08:29 AM
Everyone likes the brash stars and outlandish actions of teams...owners who do nothing but try to sell jersies as opposed to focusing on winning games...the media loves the teams that give them stories and drama and zanie actions and give them air time...The Giants are more of a "workman-like" team and the media finds that boring...which honestly is backwards to me...wouldn't you want to read an inspiring story of someone/something that became great starting from nothing as opposed to say some rich kid who goes on in his life to make millions. The media loves drama-queens!

bigblue58
05-25-2012, 09:19 AM
When have they ever said anything GOOD about the Giants?
Even when they do break down and actually talk about our SB Championship,it's with one caveat after another!
Stop listening to them like I did dude, because the lack of respect will only drive you crazy.

G-Man67
05-25-2012, 10:23 AM
cowboys 23, giants 17 ... 1:30 left, Eli in shotgun at his own 20 ... Hixon and Barden split wide ... Cruz in the slot ... </P>

finish this story ... it suks, but when you have an Elite QB ... he can make good players great and average players good</P>

and Nicks is a fast healer ... he will be 100% come October</P>

MikeIsaGiant
05-25-2012, 10:30 AM
With Griffin in the NFC East too now, the giants will never get spoken about, EVER.

The biggest stories come from our rivals, unfortunately.

mainegiantsfan
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Eli hads off to Martinek, and he takes it to the house. Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blueomaha
05-25-2012, 11:56 AM
NYG will be ready...i love that the NYG are done before the season is started...blah, blah blah....

SweetZombieJesus
05-25-2012, 12:11 PM
It really is fascinating how much the media really doesn't fall in love with us no matter how much the Giants dominate and overcome incredible odds. I

This isn't new, they're just not a sexy pick and it goes back as long as I can remember. In 1990 they were disrespected as everyone was riding the 49ers and Bills jocks. The Giants were an outdated dinosaur team.

There are very few times they get on the bandwagon, and when they do it usually doesn't end well. The last time I can remember was in 2008 after they showed they weren't a fluke about halfway into the season they started getting excited because there was no other choice. Plax goes nightclubbing and it all fell apart.

The media likes flashy loudmouths like the Jets, just the way it is.

Drez
05-25-2012, 12:13 PM
cowboys 23, giants 17 ... 1:30 left, Eli in shotgun at his own 20 ... Hixon and Barden split wide ... Cruz in the slot ... </p>

finish this story ... it suks, but when you have an Elite QB ... he can make good players great and average players good</p>

and Nicks is a fast healer ... he will be 100% come October</p>
<div class="stream-item-header" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id" style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); ">Adam Schefter[/b]<span class="Apple-converted-space"></span><span>?</span><span class="username js-action-profile-name" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed; "><s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s><b style="font-weight: normal; ">AdamSchefter[/b]</span> (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter)</div><p class="js-tweet-text" style="margin: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">One person familiar with WR Hakeem Nicks' fractured foot said it was more like a "4- to 6-week" injury. Opener vs Dallas still in play.</p>

galaxy10
05-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Now that the Giants are done for the year, why does the same analysis regarding Nicks injury work the same with regard to the Eagles. They just lost their best OL and nobody has tanked them. What gives? Am I crazy or missing something? How about the Ravens, why aren't they done for the year? I just don't get the so called experts' analysis at all. Why do the experts never give the Giants any credit for anything? Coughlin just did a great job of coaching with all of the injuries last year. How about this you idiots on TV. "Well, the Giants won the SB with all of the injuries they sustained last year, they will find a way to coach and utilize their talent to offset any losses to their key players this year" D'ya think that anybody would mention Cruz and what a find he was to replace the loss of Smith? How about some credit for the FO and Reese for finding good players for depth. I just cannot stand it anymore. It is time for the Giants to get some respect.

qndarius3
05-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Now that the Giants are done for the year, why does the same analysis regarding Nicks injury work the same with regard to the Eagles. They just lost their best OL and nobody has tanked them. What gives? Am I crazy or missing something? How about the Ravens, why aren't they done for the year? I just don't get the so called experts' analysis at all. Why do the experts never give the Giants any credit for anything? Coughlin just did a great job of coaching with all of the injuries last year. How about this you idiots on TV. "Well, the Giants won the SB with all of the injuries they sustained last year, they will find a way to coach and utilize their talent to offset any losses to their key players this year" D'ya think that anybody would mention Cruz and what a find he was to replace the loss of Smith? How about some credit for the FO and Reese for finding good players for depth. I just cannot stand it anymore. It is time for the Giants to get some respect.

Brah, we just won the super bowl, again for the second time in 5 yrs. Who cares what they think? Let the say whatever they want. We dont need their respect to know we have an ELIte qb, and DL. Go Gmen!

burier
05-25-2012, 01:09 PM
Praying that the GMEN are hurt by this Nicks injury. </P>

For the first time since Feb they decided to talk about us (Minus Eli's SNL episode) and of course it is all bad news. They really are trying their hardest to paint*the most*pessimistic picture about this.</P>

"12 weeks, PRE SURGERY, could be longer."</P>

"May not be ready for the Cowboys game week 1"</P>

"Lost Manningham and Devin Thomas, and Hixon coming back from his second ACL tear"</P>

Did they forget we went through this last year? In fact, we go through it more then most every year. Thats Giants football. </P>

I will admit that Nicks is constantly getting injuried and it sucks because if this kid could stay healthy, he would be a star. </P>

But now they are saying he wont be ready for the Cowboys in September. </P>

*</P>

So they're killing us by stating fact?

Gimaniac
05-25-2012, 01:14 PM

We need to clone the entire team. 2 players for every number.

pdladder
05-26-2012, 06:53 PM
TO or Plax?

He shouldn´t play Week 1 no matter what. This is a tricky foot injury and for a position that
does a lot of planting and cutting, he is going to play with a lot of discomfort that will slow him down
and make him tentative. I would rather they sit him for the first 2 to 3 games, bring him back slow for when we need him at the end of the year, and make plans to be without him for the first two weeks if necessary.

Of course they know better then us, but maybe Hixon´s knee will hold up for at least 2 weeks. First two games Cruz will be removed from the equation with doubles so Jerrel in the slot, Bennett and Hixon/Barden/Randle are going to have to help A LOT in the first two games.

On a side note, I really hope Jerrel can do a copy and paste job for what Cruz did in the slot last year. Him and Bennet could help our offense out the most by preventing the bracketing double teams.

dave56dj
05-26-2012, 08:29 PM
Tuck you - did you really just say hakeem nicks is oft inured and he would be a star if he wasn't?

Lets re visit that statement - In a possible 48 games he has played 42 and if you add 3 playoff games and a superbowl thats 46 of a possible 52 games - in the NFL that is hardly oft injured.

Now onto he could be a star - in his 4 playoff games he had 28 catches and 4 td's - by his second year he had eclipsed 1000 yards and continued to catch 7- + balls and 1000 plus in his third year as the giants didnt find a second wideout till 4-6 weeks into the year. What does he have to do to be a star in your mind?

arrjay
05-26-2012, 08:31 PM
Brah, we just won the super bowl, again for the second time in 5 yrs. Who cares what they think? Let the say whatever they want. We dont need their respect to know we have an ELIte qb, and DL. Go Gmen!

<font color="#000080" size="4">yeah who cares... would ya rather have the team that wins it.... or the team the media sucks off?

.....Howd that work out for Philly last year????</font>

zimonami
05-26-2012, 09:42 PM
Tuck you* - did you really just say hakeem nicks is oft inured and he would be a star if he wasn't?

Lets re visit that statement* - In a possible 48 games he has played 42 and if you add 3 playoff games and* a superbowl thats 46 of a possible 52 games - in the NFL that is hardly oft injured.

Now onto he could be a star - in his 4 playoff games he had 28 catches and 4 td's* - by his second year he had eclipsed 1000 yards and continued to catch 7- + balls and 1000 plus in his third year as the giants didnt find a second wideout till 4-6 weeks into the year. What does he have to do to be a star in your mind?

I'm one of the old farts on here, watching the Gmen since '58.
In my estimation Hakeem Nicks is the best WR talent we have ever had, and time will prove that true.
I don't ever remember the pundits kissing our butt before a single season in all those years.
Even in '86 it was all about the Bears repeating.
Yawn
What else is new.

miked1958
05-27-2012, 01:49 AM
Let them. We will prove them all wrong again when all these other guys step up and we don't miss a beat. Next thing u know they will be saying"......... " I don't know what's in the water in NJ but if they are this good now imagine how good they will be when Nicks gets back

Toadofsteel
05-27-2012, 02:42 AM
Let them. We will prove them all wrong again when all these other guys step up and we don't miss a beat. Next thing u know they will be saying"......... " I don't know what's in the water in NJ but if they are this good now imagine how good they will be when Nicks gets back

I doubt it. Hating the Giants seems to be as american as apple pie... Even in the face of a Super Bowl victory, everyone but the new york area forgot about us...

Axels15
05-27-2012, 05:25 AM
My take:

Eli Manning makes his receivers better. As long as he is playing (knock on wood), I always give us a good shot at the win

jimsgints
05-27-2012, 10:18 AM

It keeps them employed

This is correct and it's why I have no respect for many of the blow-hards on these types of shows. It's purely entertainment for the gullible. NY Giant fans can see right thru this verbal garbage and they know it and they don't like it. Keep us down, shut us up but it's not like that, we keep proving them wrong, they get more upset. We are superbowl campions and deserve respect. Blow hards.. I might be still a little upset over the Ranger lose.

JPP
05-27-2012, 12:39 PM

Anyway, I'd say its because we are the NY Giants, a New York team, which so many people absolutley dispise for no reason at all, but the Jets seem to avoid it. I don't quite get it. Maybe they hate Coughlin for some reason.

I think it is the lack of headlines and flashiness. We are almost never a sexy pick especially compared to America's team and the Mike Vick show in Philly. It does get to be a little ridiculous though because they will all be on the bandwagon if we have a good start to the season talking about how they knew this team could do it. Hilarious when they have to come out and awkwardly talk about how good the giants are doing especially Eli since so many seem to have a problem with him.

JimC
05-27-2012, 01:22 PM

I think it is the lack of headlines and flashiness. We are almost never a sexy pick especially compared to America's team and the Mike Vick show in Philly. It does get to be a little ridiculous though because they will all be on the bandwagon if we have a good start to the season talking about how they knew this team could do it. Hilarious when they have to come out and awkwardly talk about how good the giants are doing especially Eli since so many seem to have a problem with him.

I believe it has more to do with us being a 9-7 team last year that got hot at the right time and one of the toughest schedules in football. That said, I believe we have a very good team and one that should be able to compete every week. As long as we keep the games close #10 will find a way to win it. Gonna be a TOUGH season and we will see if we are up to the task. Can't wait. Go GIANTS!!!!!!

JimC
05-27-2012, 01:23 PM

I believe it has more to do with us being a 9-7 team last year that got hot at the right time and one of the toughest schedules in football for this year. That said, I believe we have a very good team and one that should be able to compete every week. As long as we keep the games close #10 will find a way to win it. Gonna be a TOUGH season and we will see if we are up to the task. Can't wait. Go GIANTS!!!!!!

Pierre-Paul
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM
Analysts get paid to talk and keep shows interesting for all fans. If everyone said the obvious- that the Superbowl Champs are the better team to start off the year, no one would listen. So of course they will look for a chink in the armor. What Philly fan wants to watch a show when all they talk about is how the Giants keep winning and will continue to? How can all those Cowboy fans enjoy watching NFL network if the commentators keep telling the truth - that the Cowboys will probably underperform again this year. The Giant fan will watch anyway, because hey- we still like to think about Football. I mean it is May 27, and we are on a message board reading and writing about football.

TuckYou
05-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Tuck you* - did you really just say hakeem nicks is oft inured and he would be a star if he wasn't?

Lets re visit that statement* - In a possible 48 games he has played 42 and if you add 3 playoff games and* a superbowl thats 46 of a possible 52 games - in the NFL that is hardly oft injured.

Now onto he could be a star - in his 4 playoff games he had 28 catches and 4 td's* - by his second year he had eclipsed 1000 yards and continued to catch 7- + balls and 1000 plus in his third year as the giants didnt find a second wideout till 4-6 weeks into the year. What does he have to do to be a star in your mind?

Easy there cowboy. I think anyone who watches the Giants regularly knows Nicks is always nicked up. Yeah, he started a bunch of games, But in a bunch of them he was not 100%. I'm simply saying if he could avoid the nagging injuries, he could be one of the best WRs in the game.

dave56dj
05-27-2012, 10:11 PM
How exactly do you avoid nagging injuries in the most violent sport in the world? Bottom line he has played 46 of 52 games - every player plays hurt and he has done it VERY WELL, and already is one of the best in the league and I'm definitely not a cowboy.

JesseJames
05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
apparently these big mouths on NFL live think they know more than the orthopedic surgeon who did the surgery on Nicks, it never ceases to amaze me what people will say just to make a noise..

chasjay
05-28-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think it is a dislike or lack of respect for the GMen. The Giants, for the most part, just come to work and take care of business. In the words of Adam Schein, the Giants don't create a lot of media "Pop" or media "Sizzle" - that's what they are all after. I like to hear the Giants get a little media attention now and then, but I know going in they aren't going to get a lot. My hope is always that at the end of the the season, you hear them all asking, "where did that pop come from? where did they get that sizzle"?

TuckYou
05-28-2012, 08:17 PM
How exactly do you avoid nagging injuries in the most violent sport in the world? Bottom line he has played 46 of 52 games* - every player plays hurt and he has done it VERY WELL, and already is one of the best in the league and I'm definitely not a cowboy.

My point is, he had nagging injuries that keep him from being a steller, top tier, no doubt about it, big time receiver. Larry Fitz, Calvin and Andre Johnson. I think he can be in that crowd. I'm not knocking him, I see him playing through those injuries. But if he didn't have them, you would see more of what you saw during the playoffs. It's not hard to understand. Bradshaw is also injury prone, not sure his stats, but he plays through a lot of it too. He he could avoid injuries, he could be a very very good back.

sharick88
05-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Why do we care what bspn says about the giants? Different year, same ****. Meanwhile, Eli and coach coughlin laugh while looking at their two sb rings

Drez
05-28-2012, 10:17 PM
How exactly do you avoid nagging injuries in the most violent sport in the world? Bottom line he has played 46 of 52 games - every player plays hurt and he has done it VERY WELL, and already is one of the best in the league and I'm definitely not a cowboy.

My point is, he had nagging injuries that keep him from being a steller, top tier, no doubt about it, big time receiver. Larry Fitz, Calvin and Andre Johnson. I think he can be in that crowd. I'm not knocking him, I see him playing through those injuries. But if he didn't have them, you would see more of what you saw during the playoffs. It's not hard to understand. Bradshaw is also injury prone, not sure his stats, but he plays through a lot of it too. He he could avoid injuries, he could be a very very good back.
And despite those injuries, Nicks has put up better stats than CJ through their first 3 years. Granted, Nicks has a better QB getting him the ball...

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 11:04 AM
And despite those injuries, Nicks has put up better stats than CJ through their first 3 years. Granted, Nicks has a better QB getting him the ball...
</P>

Nicks also had a lot more weapons around him. CJ is a one man show and still puts up monster #s. Nicks is not as beastly as Megatron IMO. No one is, except maybe Fitz. I cant put Nicks in that tier yet. </P>

rebelfan1966
05-29-2012, 01:54 PM
I like it when the "experts" stick the fork in us early in the season.... seems to motivate the team.

TuckYou
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Tuck you - did you really just say hakeem nicks is oft inured and he would be a star if he wasn't?

Lets re visit that statement - In a possible 48 games he has played 42 and if you add 3 playoff games and a superbowl thats 46 of a possible 52 games - in the NFL that is hardly oft injured.

Now onto he could be a star - in his 4 playoff games he had 28 catches and 4 td's - by his second year he had eclipsed 1000 yards and continued to catch 7- + balls and 1000 plus in his third year as the giants didnt find a second wideout till 4-6 weeks into the year. What does he have to do to be a star in your mind?
</P>

Apparetly, Im not the only one who thinks Nicks is "oft injuried".</P>

I was watching this clip (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=7970987) Friday of Adam Schefter talking about the timetable for New York Giants (http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/_/name/nyg/new-york-giants) wide receiver Hakeem Nicks (http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/12586/hakeem-nicks)' return from the surgery he just had to repair the broken bone in his foot, and I was struck by Adam's reference to Nicks' past history of foot and leg injuries. He's right, of course. Nicks has missed a total of six games due to injury over his first three NFL seasons, and while that's not a huge total by any means, it raises the issue of whether or not Nicks is a player who deserves the "injury-prone" tag. You know, a guy who just seems to get hurt every year? A guy to whom even freak-accident injuries seem to happen in addition to the normal muscle pulls and other "soft-tissue stuff," as Tom Coughlin calls it? You guys all know how much of a Nicks fan I am. We had an expression in my old baseball days -- a complimentary one, and I often think of it with regard to Nicks: "He should be more people's favorite player." He's an incredible athlete with do-it-all ability, and he augments that with a top-level work ethic and rigorous attention to the critical details of his craft. He believes he should always be at work on the tiniest details that go into playing the position of wide receiver, and it shows up on the field when he creates separation, runs a perfect route and routinely locates the ball in traffic before the defender does.
But it's not unfair at this point to call the guy injury-prone. It's just not. He's had some kind of physical issue that has cost him some time every year since he entered the league. He's played through pain and injuries and performed well in spite of them, and that's admirable. And labeling a guy as injury-prone doesn't mean he isn't great or can't continue to be. But this is something to watch with Nicks as his future unfolds and things like new contracts start to come up. Playing 16 games in an NFL season isn't easy, but if you never do it, that's something that's going to raise questions about you. Nicks may yet play all 16 this year, but the first one is already in some degree of doubt, and I'm sure he'd love for that kind of doubt to quit being a part of his life.</P>