PDA

View Full Version : Giant's practice facility turf responsible for rash of injuries?

djim50
05-25-2012, 07:53 AM
</P>

Would like to know how many preseason injuries occured due to the turf at our practice facilities. Seems like there is something seriously wrong with the turf. Would really like to know how many of these injuries occured on the turf practice fields vs. the grass practice fields. Three players with broken bones in their feet is ridiculous! (not sure if Bradshaw's initial injury happened in the preseason). </P>

slipknottin
05-25-2012, 08:07 AM
how does turf cause a broken bone in a foot? I could see knee injuries like ACL.

calling all doctors.

Doesnt every team have an indoor practice facility, none of those would have real grass. Wouldnt we see players on every team with broken bones in their feet all the time if it was related?

YATittle1962
05-25-2012, 12:51 PM
damn you Jerry Palmieri

:)

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 12:56 PM
I think it's great that we aren't yet blaming the trainers!

EJ Blue
05-25-2012, 01:10 PM
This incident seems like an outlier, as did Amukamara's injury, BUT I've always wondered who the strength and conditioning staff is, since we always seem to lose a bunch of guys before the season even starts, for like 3 years now. I now literally 'expect' to lose 2-4 starters in the offseason so this didn't shock me.

With that being said, I usually keep shut about these issues because apparently anytime I give some negative feedback, there is backlash...

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 01:17 PM
This incident seems like an outlier, as did Amukamara's injury, BUT I've always wondered who the strength and conditioning staff is, since we always seem to lose a bunch of guys before the season even starts, for like 3 years now. I now literally 'expect' to lose 2-4 starters in the offseason so this didn't shock me.

With that being said, I usually keep shut about these issues because apparently anytime I give some negative feedback, there is backlash...

Broken bones are not conditioning related. As for "backlash" that's how the message boards work. A opster makes a point and at least one other poster is giong to disagree. That's not backlash, it's a debate. Don't take it personally.

MattyD21
05-25-2012, 01:30 PM
You can break a bone doing anything its not necessarily the turfs fault. in Nicks case he broke his 5th metatarsal(outside foot "pinky toe bone") i believe which is a rolled ankle gone bad. I also heard that the recovery time is about 4 - 6 weeks instead of the reported 12

G-Man67
05-25-2012, 02:02 PM
well rumor has it, to save money we got the old Veterans Stadium turf and seams</P>

now really? ... would we use a surface that is not identical to the field turf</P>

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 02:10 PM
well rumor has it, to save money we got the old Veterans Stadium turf and seams</p>

now really? ... would we use a surface that is not identical to the field turf</p>

We have in the past so that they can be ready to play on artificial turf or grass. I'm not sure about the TIMEX Center surface. I do believe their outdoor fields are still grass.

Drez
05-25-2012, 02:13 PM
No.

Jet-Blue
05-25-2012, 02:32 PM
well rumor has it, to save money we got the old Veterans Stadium turf and seams</p>

now really? ... would we use a surface that is not identical to the field turf</p>

We have in the past so that they can be ready to play on artificial turf or grass.* I'm not sure about the TIMEX Center surface.* I do believe their outdoor fields are still grass.

Our company bid the project back in 2006, and the estimate I just pulled up had 4 practices field as "Field Turf". Not sure if they finally went that way when it was all said and done. It would make sense since the Old Stadium and the New Stadiums were/ are "Field Turf".

JimC
05-25-2012, 02:35 PM
</p>

Would like to know how many preseason injuries occured due to the turf at our practice facilities. Seems like there is something seriously wrong with the turf. Would really like to know how many of these injuries occured on the turf practice fields vs. the grass practice fields. Three players with broken bones in their feet is ridiculous! (not sure if Bradshaw's initial injury happened in the preseason). </p>

Probably something to do with Moonachie