PDA

View Full Version : Maybe instead of drafting 2 OTs......

GGTM_1977
05-25-2012, 09:58 AM
We should have drafted 2 WRs.....since we are already starting on a bad foot (no pun intended) with Nicks injury. Sorry I don't have alot of faith in Barden/JJ/Hixon.........

Rudyy
05-25-2012, 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure nobody knew Nicks was going to break his foot. Also, didn't we draft Rueben Randle?

b_ELI_eve
05-25-2012, 10:16 AM
Why can't JR predict the future? He should have known on draft day that Nicks would be out for 12 weeks.

mainegiantsfan
05-25-2012, 10:19 AM
I have been wanting to see what our back ups can do. I hope Hixon is given the opportunity to play a lot. I have faith in him. Barden hasn't had a chance due to injuries. JJ also has yet to prove himself but given the chance, may do well.
Presuming our rookie is as good as advertised, he and Cruz can carry the load till Nicks returns to full strength. In addition, another rookie.Depaulo, or something like that is drawing rave revies

scf424
05-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Hindsight is always 20/20

jhamburg
05-25-2012, 10:57 AM
Don't worry we'll prob have a couple linemen get injured too.

Flip Empty
05-25-2012, 11:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/DUpv3.gif

Drez
05-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Thank god you are not the GM.

Drez
05-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Why can't JR predict the future? He should have known on draft day that Nicks would be out for 12 weeks.
In May. And maybe not even that long. And maybe only miss the first game.

SweetZombieJesus
05-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Stacked at WR (just have to replace MM), OL is a disaster, and you want to draft WRs.

Which we did anyway taking Randle in the 2nd round...

Brilliant.

Oh and how would we know Nicks would be injured? And last I checked the injury report, he's out 12 weeks not dead.

chasjay
05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
If Eli doesn't have time to throw, who he is trying to throw to won't matter much.

It's not that I'm not concerned about Hakeem's injury - but I have confidence in Reese's pieces working out.

Drez
05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Stacked at WR (just have to replace MM), OL is a disaster, and you want to draft WRs.

Which we did anyway taking Randle in the 2nd round...

Brilliant.

Oh and how would we know Nicks would be injured? And last I checked the injury report, he's out 12 weeks not dead.

You never know, SZJ, that WR we could have drafted in the 6th would have been BEAST!!!

GMENAGAIN
05-25-2012, 11:24 AM
Sigh . . . .

Flip Empty
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
If Eli doesn't have time to throw, who he is trying to throw to won't matter much.
He seemed to fare pretty well with a dodgy o line last season...

Antwuan
05-25-2012, 11:27 AM
We should have drafted 2 WRs.....since we are already starting on a bad foot (no pun intended) with Nicks injury. Sorry I don't have alot of faith in Barden/JJ/Hixon.........

I think we are alright at WR. I do have some faith in Hixon because he is proven. I don't have a lot of faith in Barden. JJ is unproven outside of his preseason last year. And Rueben Randle has been said by many to be NFL Ready. If Eli Manning can help make Victor Cruz a better player then I don't see why he can't do it with any of these players. OL was a much bigger need for the Giants and thats why they drafted 2 OT's.

GGTM_1977
05-25-2012, 11:35 AM
I say this not BECAUSE I think JR should have predicted this........I say this BECAUSE we have known Hakeem has injury issues, and we have NO idea if he is going to have other injuries hitting him as the season progresses. He could play 16 games this year, he could play 10.........its not about "predicting" the future, its about BEING prepared.......and I am glad I am not the GM either. That job would be as stressful as being the President of the U.S.

Flip Empty
05-25-2012, 11:44 AM
I say this not BECAUSE I think JR should have predicted this........I say this BECAUSE we have known Hakeem has injury issues, and we have NO idea if he is going to have other injuries hitting him as the season progresses. He could play 16 games this year, he could play 10.........its not about "predicting" the future, its about BEING prepared.......and I am glad I am not the GM either. That job would be as stressful as being the President of the U.S.
You don't think Randle is suitable preparation?

Besides - any player can get injured. You can't game plan for every eventuality.

BeatYale
05-25-2012, 11:45 AM
Hindsight is always 20/20

Word.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 11:52 AM
I think this tally kid from umass is gonna surprise a lot of people.

And nicks will be ready by gameday week one. And we still have a ton of talent behind him. Barden, randle, jj, and an extent hixon, havent proven anything yet. But they have a ton of talent and potential. Im confident if nicks misses time, these guys will step up.

And did i mention i think tally from umass the udfa wr is gonna turn some heads i think...

Rudyy
05-25-2012, 11:53 AM
I say this not BECAUSE I think JR should have predicted this........I say this BECAUSE we have known Hakeem has injury issues, and we have NO idea if he is going to have other injuries hitting him as the season progresses. He could play 16 games this year, he could play 10.........its not about "predicting" the future, its about BEING prepared.......and I am glad I am not the GM either. That job would be as stressful as being the President of the U.S. Our o-line was astrocious last year, but instead you want to draft more receivers (of which we have plenty) to hopefully step up and replace Hakeem Nicks? Again, NOBODY knew he would break his foot. I don't care how injury prone he is.

GGTM_1977
05-25-2012, 12:05 PM
I say this not BECAUSE I think JR should have predicted this........I say this BECAUSE we have known Hakeem has injury issues, and we have NO idea if he is going to have other injuries hitting him as the season progresses. He could play 16 games this year, he could play 10.........its not about "predicting" the future, its about BEING prepared.......and I am glad I am not the GM either. That job would be as stressful as being the President of the U.S. Our o-line was astrocious last year, but instead you want to draft more receivers (of which we have plenty) to hopefully step up and replace Hakeem Nicks? Again, NOBODY knew he would break his foot. I don't care how injury prone he is.

Ok the oline guys we drafted are very RAW, and will not be ready to contribute this year, or maybe even next for that matter. Acoording to your concerns guess we should have either A) Drafted higher for the oline or B) Picked up somebody good in FA.

Toadofsteel
05-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I'm not worried about our receivers in the slightest. Cruz is the powerhouse we all know and love. Hixon is proven at least (he started over Cruz in 2011 before he got hurt), but not necessarily a powerhouse. Barden has had a chance to prove himself and has not produced, I don't see him on the 53-man roster. JJ has NOT had such a chance (he was a rookie in 2011, and as such this is his first true preseason to learn anything). RR is obviously a rookie, will need to see how he pans out. I think that JJ and RR will definitely step up and produce. DePalma, Stanback, and Talley are wild cards: raw unproven talent, but haven't been given the chance yet like Barden has.

All in all, i would take the group we have to the field, even if Nicks was down for the count. Yes it would be better if he was fully healthy, but even if he wasn't, I'm not afraid.

It's not that I'm not concerned about Hakeem's injury - but I have confidence in Reese's pieces working out.

I'm sorry, but...
BAHAHAHAHAAHAHAA!! :D
That was seriously epic, i have no idea why...

Rudyy
05-25-2012, 12:40 PM

Ok the oline guys we drafted are very RAW, and will not be ready to contribute this year, or maybe even next for that matter. Acoording to your concerns guess we should have either A) Drafted higher for the oline or B) Picked up somebody good in FA. You're totally missing the point. We picked up 2 OT's because we NEEDED them, we don't NEED anymore receivers.

Drez
05-25-2012, 01:13 PM

Ok the oline guys we drafted are very RAW, and will not be ready to contribute this year, or maybe even next for that matter. Acoording to your concerns guess we should have either A) Drafted higher for the oline or B) Picked up somebody good in FA.
Here's my question to you:

How would have a mid to late round rookie be anymore of an improvement over what we have on the roster now?

It just seems you'd be changing one question mark (any of the receivers you listed) for another one (whatever other WR we would have drafted after Randle).

GMENAGAIN
05-25-2012, 01:50 PM
We should have drafted 2 WRs.....since we are already starting on a bad foot (no pun intended) with Nicks injury. Sorry I don't have alot of faith in Barden/JJ/Hixon.........</P>

Your posts/threads about the Nicks injury border on the hysterical. I think that following football may be too stressful for you. Have you considered needlepoint?</P>