PDA

View Full Version : Schefter on Nicks

quan the don
05-25-2012, 12:15 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter
Says Hakeem may only be out 4-6 weeks?

Drez
05-25-2012, 12:17 PM
<div class="stream-item-header" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); "><strong class="fullname js-action-profile-name show-popup-with-id" style="font-weight: bold; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); ">Adam Schefter[/b]<span class="Apple-converted-space"></span><span>?</span><span class="username js-action-profile-name" style="font-size: 12px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed; "><s style="text-decoration: none; color: rgb(187, 187, 187); ">@</s><b style="font-weight: normal; ">AdamSchefter[/b]</span> (https://twitter.com/#%21/AdamSchefter)</div><p class="js-tweet-text" style="margin: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue',Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);">One person familiar with WR Hakeem Nicks' fractured foot said it was more like a "4- to 6-week" injury. Opener vs Dallas still in play.</p><p class="js-tweet-text" style="margin: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue',Arial,sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245);">
</p><p class="js-tweet-text" style="margin: 0px; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: 18px; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 2; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); ">I just posted this in another thread, as well.
</p>

G-Men Surg.
05-25-2012, 12:25 PM
I hope its not that bad and heals fast. That been said the same was mentioned when Amukamara had the same injury as well as Beatty almost 2 years ago ( initia˝ly putting in risk the whole season ). Fractures always are different and the recovery ( surgical or not ) with metatarsal bones is not written in stone . Let's hope for the best, there's nothing more to this point.

KillaRich
05-25-2012, 12:39 PM
Whether it's 12 weeks or 4-6 weeks...I rather let him heal up as long as possible and just let him play in the preseason finale to get some rust off...that's all....

NYGiantsFan56
05-25-2012, 08:11 PM
Whether it's 12 weeks or 4-6 weeks...I rather let him heal up as long as possible and just let him play in the preseason finale to get some rust off...that's all....
+1

Tuckit91
05-25-2012, 08:25 PM

I agree with you Sir!

Captain Chaos
05-25-2012, 08:43 PM

Agree! we need a healthy Hakeem if were are going to be successful!

miked1958
05-26-2012, 10:57 AM

Agree! we need a healthy Hakeem if were are going to be successful!Guys do you realize this injury protects him from a more severe season ending one like an ACL? He will now miss all the offseason stuff where we keep losing guys left and right. This injury guarantees we have him in regular season

miked1958
05-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Although practice time is very needed and valueable it's better then the alternative

Atomic1
05-26-2012, 11:20 AM
Amukamara, Beatty and now Nicks. Couldn't help but wonder...the cause of these injuries . Could it be that all 3 of these players wear the same brand shoe ? Or .. Maybe a type of shoe that sacrifices support for speed ?

Toadofsteel
05-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Amukamara, Beatty and now Nicks. Couldn't help but wonder...the cause of these injuries . Could it be that all 3 of these players wear the same brand shoe ? Or .. Maybe a type of shoe that sacrifices support for speed ?

I don't know how a detached retina can be blamed on the shoes...

gmen0820
05-26-2012, 02:17 PM

I don't know how a detached retina can be blamed on the shoes...Beatty had the same foot injury.