PDA

View Full Version : GIANTS CAN SURVIVE HAKEEM NICKS' INJURY

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 02:07 PM
GIANTS CAN SURVIVE HAKEEM NICKS' INJURY (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829529d8/article/giants-can-survive-hakeem-nicks-injury)

"<span class="label"></span><span class="label"></span><span class="updated"></span>Giants (/teams/newyorkgiants/profile?team=NYG) wide receiver
Hakeem Nicks (/players/hakeemnicks/profile?id=NIC726593) will undergo
surgery to <a id="yui_3_4_1_1_1337965307015_994" href="http://www.nfl.com/goto?id=09000d5d82951be8">repair a broken bone in his
foot</a>. When asked if Nicks would be ready for the season opener, Giants coach
Tom Coughlin told NFL Network: "It's going to be close."

This has predictably caused a whole lot of Giants fans to worry.</p>

</p>
<div id="twitter-widget-0" class="twitter-tweet-rendered">
<div class="twt-border">
<blockquote class="twt-o twt-tweet hentry

twt-always-show-actions

twt-pinned

twt-standard

">
<div class="vcard author"><span class="avatar"></span> (https://twitter.com/RuebenRandle)<span class="nickname">@RuebenRandle</span> (https://twitter.com/RuebenRandle)</div>
<div class="entry-content">
<p class="entry-title">My twitter all of a sudden blowing up.
</p><p class="entry-title">Plz #dontpanic (https://twitter.com/search/%23dontpanic)</p></div>
</blockquote></div></div>

Randle, of course, is the man who will, more than anyone, be asked to step up
to replace Nicks. And we're here to tell you that the Giants are in a good
position to handle Nicks' injury. Here are a few reasons:</p>

</p>

1. Randle was essentially drafted to replace Mario Manningham (/players/mariomanningham/profile?id=MAN547041), but
he's a perfect option as an outside receiver. Victor Cruz (/players/victorcruz/profile?id=CRU827288) can also play
the slot or outside. With <a id="yui_3_4_1_1_1337965307015_1004" class="player-flyout" HREF="/players/jerreljernigan/profile?id=JER463741">Jerrel
Jernigan</a>, Domenik Hixon (/players/domenikhixon/profile?id=HIX462619) and Ramses Barden (/players/ramsesbarden/profile?id=BAR116168) also around,
the Giants have enviable depth.</p>

2. It's May 24. This couldn't have been timed much better. Even if Nicks
doesn't make it back for Week 1, he'll be around when it matters.</p>

3. Eli Manning (/players/elimanning/profile?id=MAN473170) knows how to
deal with injuries and offseason departures. He can handle playing without all
his weapons. Nicks has missed six games in three years. And we don't need to
remind you how well the Giants survived massive injuries on defense last
year.</p>
4. New York drafted David Wilson in the first round so they would have two
dynamic running backs. The Giants can focus on the running game early if they
need to."

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
I think this has it about right.

GGTM_1977
05-25-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Plus i heard that nicks injury is actually a 4-6 week injury. I woulda thought it woulda been posted but some one associated with nicks and the giants said that it could be of the lesser status.

Even if its not, i said yesterday that this would be a blessing in disguise. I saw a bunch of people saying that later in the day. Its bc this will actually give us more time to look at barden, hixon, jj, and randle. More targets, more time getting coached, more attention. This will help the defelopment of jj and randle if nothing else. And we will have a competitive group that does have talent and potential up and down the depth at wr...

Nicks will be back, knock on wood, by week one. If not, i got a ton of faith eli can make do with the guys we will have

GMENAGAIN
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.</P>

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax. Do you ever get tired of looking silly?</P>

Diamondring
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
On another thread before this one came up, I said noooooooooooooo. If possible, he doesn't play in the first game until he is really ready. We don't want him to be like Smith.

Diamondring
05-25-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.</P>

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax.* Do you ever get tired of looking silly?</P>Who said sacks are laughable? he or she gots to be stupid.

GGTM_1977
05-25-2012, 02:47 PM

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax.* Do you ever get tired of looking silly?</P>

I am "laughable"? The article is hilarious....."enviable depth"? If anything the author of the article comes off as silly......We have RAW guys that need development not PRO BOWL caliber gems waiting to be let loose onto the playing field. I will ease of the "sky is falling" mindset if you think you can put the pipe down.....

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax.* Do you ever get tired of looking silly?</P>

I am "laughable"? The article is hilarious....."enviable depth"? If anything the author of the article comes off as silly......We have RAW guys that need development not PRO BOWL caliber gems waiting to be let loose onto the playing field. I will ease of the "sky is falling" mindset if you think you can put the pipe down.....

The talent we have at wr, even the depth guys, is certainly enviable. Second and third rounders with a ton of upside. The bears would taken our depth wr and started them with a smile on their face pre getting marshall...

GmenFan1980
05-25-2012, 04:34 PM

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax.* Do you ever get tired of looking silly?</P>Who said sacks are laughable? he or she gots to be stupid.

Can't tell if joking...or just didn't read correctly :/

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Plus i heard that nicks injury is actually a 4-6 week injury. I woulda thought it woulda been posted but some one associated with nicks and the giants said that it could be of the lesser status.

Even if its not, i said yesterday that this would be a blessing in disguise. I saw a bunch of people saying that later in the day. Its bc this will actually give us more time to look at barden, hixon, jj, and randle. More targets, more time getting coached, more attention. This will help the defelopment of jj and randle if nothing else. And we will have a competitive group that does have talent and potential up and down the depth at wr...

Nicks will be back, knock on wood, by week one. If not, i got a ton of faith eli can make do with the guys we will have

You need to read the news thread [;)]

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm sorry...." enviable depth"? Really? I don't think any other NFL team "envies" our WR depth. And you wanna know why.....because JJ and Barden haven't shown us anything yet, granted JJ gets a pass cuz its only his second year. Hixon has had 2 ACL injuries 2 years in a row, different knees each year...but still.</p>

Some of you sad sacks are laughable. . . . I'm guessing you were the same guys that thought the season was over last year when we let Boss and Smith go and didn't resign Plax. Do you ever get tired of looking silly?</p>

That's the spirit!