PDA

View Full Version : 4-6 weeks/source within giants org.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 03:18 PM
Adam shefter reported on espn that someone involved in the nicks situation say its more of a 4-6 week timeline.

If its the twelve week timeline, shefter reported hed be working and getting ready by late august.

Some good news tho about how the injury isnt as serious as thought originally and that he could be ready as slon as four weeks

Rudyy
05-25-2012, 03:35 PM
Awesome news. Now if only we can get rid of those "BRING IN (insert useless receiver name here) ! "

G-Man67
05-25-2012, 03:45 PM
good news ... i'll take 8 to 10 weeks to split the difference ... no reason to rush him back

Eli TO Shockey
05-25-2012, 03:56 PM
great news.

Diamondring
05-25-2012, 04:35 PM
Like Puhlic Enemie said, "can't trust it."

Spedracer
05-25-2012, 04:54 PM
According to Mike Garafolo, there is no merit to these statements.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
According to Mike Garafolo, there is no merit to these statements.

I dunno, shefter was the second person who reported it. I know that doesnt mean much, but two reporters were willing to go on the record on a national level...

And with that type of injury, the severity and timeline can vary pretty significantly.

Im looking at it as a 12 week thing bc that should be the absolute most to get healthy. But theres a solid chance he returns earlier, and maybe significantly earlier.

Knock on wood, we should have him week one regardless...

barran21
05-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I am going with 12 weeks and not what Adam said...

rainierjef
05-25-2012, 05:13 PM
its going to be more than that. plus you don't want to rush a metatarsal fracture it is the smallest bone end in the foot and is the most used in running and cutting. i sitll expect 10-12 weeks maybe 13-14 depending on how he heals and how his rehab and conditioning goes

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 05:15 PM

Yea i can see why and agree. None the less, even if u r right, it still was reported by espn and adam shefter that it should be more of a 4-6 week issue. Hopefully shefters source is credible. Wouldnt surprise me either way

Spedracer
05-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Just because Adam Schefter tweeted it doesn't make it gospel. He has been known for jumping the gun on info because he won't be called out on it, and if he is correct he will proclaim it. The guy isn't a scholar or anything he's a funking sports reporter.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Just because Adam Schefter tweeted it doesn't make it gospel. He has been known for jumping the gun on info because he won't be called out on it, and if he is correct he will proclaim it. The guy isn't a scholar or anything he's a funking sports reporter.

I saw it reported on espn, and i saw another writer write an article about it.

I fail to see why garafalo saying it doesnt have merit as being this concrete proof. Garafalo is a reporter just like shefter. Ive seen two people report it, bot are actually very reputable. Shefter is one of the top analysts when it comes to players.

Like i said tho, i agree it will prob be the twelve week timeline, but still, shefter did report four to six weeks. Im not taking that as gospel just like im not taking what garafalo said as gospel...

Garafalos a "funking sports writer" too...

qndarius3
05-25-2012, 05:51 PM
I don't care how long he is out, as long as he is 100% healthy when he returns, whether that be game 1 of the regular season or game one of the preseason.

RoanokeFan
05-25-2012, 06:33 PM

I fail to see why garafalo saying it doesnt have merit as being this concrete proof. Garafalo is a reporter just like shefter. Ive seen two people report it, bot are actually very reputable. Shefter is one of the top analysts when it comes to players.

Like i said tho, i agree it will prob be the twelve week timeline, but still, shefter did report four to six weeks. Im not taking that as gospel just like im not taking what garafalo said as gospel...

Keep in mind these are all opinions with no more validity that whatever you or I think

NYGiantsFan56
05-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Let the speculators give their timelines. This is the only one that counts. When I am sitting in my seats on 9/5/12 at Giants Stadium and I see number 88 catch the first pass from Eli. At what point he returns before that is meaningless.

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 08:15 PM
Let the speculators give their timelines. This is the only one that counts. When I am sitting in my seats on 9/5/12 at Giants Stadium and I see number 88 catch the first pass from Eli. At what point he returns before that is meaningless.

I disagree but i can see where ur coming from. That gameday will be huge and of course the ultimate goal, but when he returns has an influence on some important things

Diamondring
05-25-2012, 08:49 PM
its going to be more than that. plus you don't want to rush a metatarsal fracture it is the smallest bone end in the foot and is the most used in running and cutting. i sitll expect 10-12 weeks maybe 13-14 depending on how he heals and how his rehab and conditioning goes
This right here.

Rat_bastich
05-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Expect the worst but hope for the best ie. expect 10-12 weeks but hope for 4-6. Easy enough.

NY_Eli
05-25-2012, 10:00 PM
My guess is someone in the giants org mentioned to someone 'oh Nicks is a fast healer I'll bet he'll be ready to go in half the time' then that person tells everyone they know and Adam Schefter gets ahold of it and suddenly it's news.

I have my serious doubts that this is credible, as much as I hope it is. Coughlin said he was 'hoping' Nicks would be back by the opener. That's the word I'm taking right now/

egyptian420
05-25-2012, 10:21 PM
My guess is someone in the giants org mentioned to someone 'oh Nicks is a fast healer I'll bet he'll be ready to go in half the time' then that person tells everyone they know and Adam Schefter gets ahold of it and suddenly it's news.

I have my serious doubts that this is credible, as much as I hope it is. Coughlin said he was 'hoping' Nicks would be back by the opener. That's the word I'm taking right now/
I agree....I like Schefter and he's definitely the fastest when it comes to breaking stories but last year he also had a "close source" to the Giants and said Bradshaw would be back much earlier than he actually did....so I'm going to be a little skeptical this time around.

NY_Eli
05-25-2012, 10:28 PM

I agree....I like Schefter and he's definitely the fastest when it comes to breaking stories but last year he also had a "close source" to the Giants and said Bradshaw would be back much earlier than he actually did....so I'm going to be a little skeptical this time around.

I also remember him reporting that there was a great chance SS12 would return to NY

Redeyejedi
05-25-2012, 10:48 PM

Keep in mind these are all opinions with no more validity that whatever you or I think
No one knows.Even the Doctors dont know for sure. I hope he can get a week or 2 in before the season starts

miked1958
05-26-2012, 10:59 AM
We kept hearing stuff like that about prince who suffered same type break and we didn't see him till Nov and even then he was useless

scf424
05-26-2012, 12:41 PM
I'd rather have Nicks out for 10-12 weeks. Let it heal, he doesn't need the mental reps in practice that the other WRs do. As weird as it sounds, he is the veteran receiver on the team now (Hixon, eh).

JJC7301
05-27-2012, 12:57 AM
Adam shefter reported on espn that someone involved in the nicks situation say its more of a 4-6 week timeline.

If its the twelve week timeline, shefter reported hed be working and getting ready by late august.

Some good news tho about how the injury isnt as serious as thought originally and that he could be ready as slon as four weeks
I'll believe that when I see it.

miked1958
05-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Look if anything this protects him from those season ending ACL Tears