PDA

View Full Version : The Nicks thing is why you don't go trading Osi

G-Man67
05-25-2012, 02:51 PM
it appears that Nicks will be ready to go Week 1 barring a setback</P>

but it just shows youthat youcan have enough proven guys at one position one day and then BOOM the next day you are scratching your head wondering if Barden or Randle or Hixon or Jernigan, etc.can step up into bigger WR roles</P>

you get rid of Osi for a future 2nd round pick and the next thing you know they are carting Tuck off the field</P>

don't mess with a good thing ... yes picks are valuable and yes Osi can be annoying, but as we all know 100 times over by now ... you can never have enough pass rushers</P>

often the best move isno move at all ... if he plays out his contract and leaves, well nobody can hold that against us</P>

giantsfan420
05-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree, nice post.

The issue is if osi is cool with that. He seems to have the habit of wanting a new contract every offseason, and the past two offseasons hes really tested the limits...

If hed play, i dont think one person in the org would want to go a diff way. Everyone wants him to play imo, everyone except osi undr this contract

JesseJames
05-25-2012, 05:17 PM
all the team wants from Osi is for him to play out the contract he signed, is that so unfair. He expects the team to pay him on payday so whats so terrible about the team expecting Osi to honor his contract. I wouldn't trade Osi now anyway, he's here and will play for the Giants this year and after the season is over I feel pretty sure that Reese will sit him down with his agent and give him a new contract, maybe not the one he thinks he's worth but it will be fair. Osi is just doing what he saw his mentor Mike Strahan do and is hoping it will work for him too...

Firenugget
05-26-2012, 07:22 AM
That is a nice post..However it's irrelevant to Osi. If Osi holds out, he isn't playing is he? If he isn't playing and is a FA the following year, you'd be brain dead "not" to trade him and get something rather than nothing next year. So what does his situation have to do with Nicks being injured again?

Toadofsteel
05-26-2012, 09:25 AM
If he holds out, we get to keep his player rights. He has to play a year before completing the contract.

I'd say let him go in FA after that. Offer a fair deal for someone of his skill set, ability, and age, and he can take it or leave it. If he leaves it, draft pass rush in 2013.

miked1958
05-26-2012, 09:40 AM
I agree, nice post.

The issue is if osi is cool with that. He seems to have the habit of wanting a new contract every offseason, and the past two offseasons hes really tested the limits...

If hed play, i dont think one person in the org would want to go a diff way. Everyone wants him to play imo, everyone except osi undr this contractAlso agree.. I doubt he sits out the season at his age. Would not be good for him as a FA the following year. It would be to long a layoff after win SB in 11 season and not strapping pads back on till 13 season. He's better off playing and playing hard for his new contract to impress teams weather it's us or whoever signs him

miked1958
05-26-2012, 09:40 AM
It also would be great if he wasn't a cancer in locker room

miked1958
05-26-2012, 09:45 AM
I think it's a blessing in long run that this happened to Nicks.. Sure he is out for awhile and won't have valuable practice time. But this injury ensures we have him in regular season. This injury actually protects him from a season ending ACL. Sad to have to think that way but in light of all the season ending injuries we have had over past several seasons to me this was a good thing