PDA

View Full Version : David Wilson interviews Rueben Randle

jonnyhaze
05-25-2012, 04:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ud2pd7RcP0

WR4Life
05-25-2012, 05:11 PM
After what I've seen so far from David Wilson, he seems to be a character. I'm excited knowing that the Giants have this kid in the locker room.

NYGRealityCheck
05-25-2012, 05:39 PM
A nice glimpse into the Giant's future...

slipknottin
05-25-2012, 05:47 PM
he seems like a natural prankster.

Wonder if he and Eli get after each other at some point.

Toadofsteel
05-25-2012, 06:35 PM
he seems like a natural prankster.

Wonder if he and Eli get after each other at some point.

At least it will just be good-natured trolling, as opposed to Eli and Tiki getting after each other...

GMENAGAIN
05-25-2012, 11:15 PM
Being a jokester is funny if you're a good player . . . . if you suck, it's just another reason to hate you.</P>

I hope at some point he produces more than his mouth . . . . .based upon what I've sen so far, that would make him a superstar . . . . .</P>

GmenFan1980
05-26-2012, 12:31 AM
Being a jokester is funny if you're a good player . . . . if you suck, it's just another reason to hate you.</P>

I hope at some point he produces more than his mouth . . . . .based upon what I've sen so far, that would make him a superstar . . . . .</P>

How much have you seen? all I've seen is his bad rapping and the interviews with Randle and Richardson.

is that really already enough to think he has a Big mouth?

Toadofsteel
05-26-2012, 09:33 AM

How much have you seen? all I've seen is his bad rapping and the interviews with Randle and Richardson.

It depends on whether he can at least come to attention and focus when it comes game time. Eli is much the same way in his "relaxed" state (he'd probably tell randle to put his helmet back on too), but he's one of the most focused people I've seen...

GmenFan1980
05-26-2012, 03:07 PM

It depends on whether he can at least come to attention and focus when it comes game time. Eli is much the same way in his "relaxed" state (he'd probably tell randle to put his helmet back on too), but he's one of the most focused people I've seen...

What does "come to attention" mean exactly, because apparently Wilson hasn't done this yet according to you.

Isn't he working hard just like everyone else?

What else is needed out of him right now? Why should people be upset he has a joking personality?

giantsfan420
05-26-2012, 03:17 PM

What does "come to attention" mean exactly, because apparently Wilson hasn't done this yet according to you.

What else is needed out of him right now? Why should people be upset he has a joking personality?

And to add, wilsons former coaxhes and teammates have said what a solid leqder and lockerroom presence he is...all this interview is is the typical rookie pov stuff that occurs each season...

Wilson will give 110% every practice, game, and play...

GMENAGAIN
05-26-2012, 03:33 PM

How much have you seen? all I've seen is his bad rapping and the interviews with Randle and Richardson. is that really already enough to think he has a Big mouth?</P>

Yes.</P>

As I said though, it's all about performance on the field. If he's a good player, no one will care about this type of stuff. If he's not a good player, this kind of stuff will get old real quick . . . . . </P>

DVision
05-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Being a jokester is funny if you're a good player . . . . if you suck, it's just another reason to hate you.</p>

I hope at some point he produces more than his mouth . . . . .based upon what I've sen so far, that would make him a superstar . . . . .</p>

How much have you seen? all I've seen is his bad rapping and the interviews with Randle and Richardson. is that really already enough to think he has a Big mouth?</p>

Yes.</p>

As I said though, it's all about performance on the field. If he's a good player, no one will care about this type of stuff. If he's not a good player, this kind of stuff will get old real quick . . . . . </p>

What is "this kind of stuff"? I didn't realize these guys have to act like they have a stick up their butt until they perform on the field. Since when did having a personality become a bad thing?

Toadofsteel
05-26-2012, 06:22 PM

And to add, wilsons former coaxhes and teammates have said what a solid leqder and lockerroom presence he is...all this interview is is the typical rookie pov stuff that occurs each season...

Wilson will give 110% every practice, game, and play...

I'm not saying he won't... I just want to see it. I give everyone fair chance to produce in my eyes. Those that have been given the chance and failed to do anything with it lose respect in my eyes. That's why I have high hopes for Jernigan and Scott (both 2nd years that haven't really been given any chance), yet want to see Barden and Ware cut from the team...

BlueSanta
05-27-2012, 01:13 AM
That's why I have high hopes for Jernigan and Scott (both 2nd years that haven't really been given any chance), yet want to see Barden and Ware cut from the team...

Well, as to Scott, he had 5 carries last year and fumbled 2 of them(1 was incorrectly ruled down, unreviewable).

When you fumble 2 out of 5 carries, you don't get a 6th carry.

Thats why his carries stopped and he "wasn't really given a chance."

Jernigan wont get his shot until he can play the slot reciever better then Cruz, who happened to be the best slot reciever in the NFL last year. So gluck JJ

Toadofsteel
05-27-2012, 01:50 AM
That's why I have high hopes for Jernigan and Scott (both 2nd years that haven't really been given any chance), yet want to see Barden and Ware cut from the team...

Well, as to Scott, he had 5 carries last year and fumbled 2 of them(1 was incorrectly ruled down, unreviewable).

Jernigan wont get his shot until he can play the slot reciever better then Cruz, who happened to be the best slot reciever in the NFL last year. So gluck JJ

I think Scott will make more of an impact this year than last year. Sure they didn't want him fumbling in games that matter, but that's just more time to get him up to speed on ball security. If this coaching staff can fix Tiki and Bradshaw with regards to fumbling, I believe they can do the same to Scott.

Also, it seems as though our system has a high learning curve, such that rookies have to be exceptional to be able to pick up on it in their first year. JPP was abysmal in 2010 (at least compared to last season). Cruz never saw a snap (although he was injured for a good part of the season).

Oh, and Jernigan only has to beat out Randle and Hixon for the 3rd position. Still a tall order but achievable. Cruz will go where he's needed and is equally good in slot or outside. And if Nicks misses any regular season games, I'd bet JJ, Randle, and Hixon all get some snaps. Our depth at WR is incredible this year. Maybe only Nicks would qualify as a true superstar (with Cruz having potential to be one if he stays consistent), but we have a magnificent bunch right here...

BlueSanta
05-27-2012, 02:44 AM

Oh, and Jernigan only has to beat out Randle and Hixon for the 3rd position. Still a tall order but achievable. Cruz will go where he's needed and is equally good in slot or outside. And if Nicks misses any regular season games, I'd bet JJ, Randle, and Hixon all get some snaps.

Only thing I disagree with you on is who JJ has to beat out. Randle and JJ do not play the same position at all. JJ does not have to "beat out randle". Randle is an outside guy and JJ is a slot guy.

WRs may be called 1, 2 and 3 by name, but that is strictly for the depth chart. Most people like to assume the 3rd wr is the slot guy. That is not the case with us, Cruz will be our #2 WR and on 3 wr sets he will be in the slot, like he was last year. Randle will be outside with Nick on those plays.

GMENAGAIN
05-27-2012, 08:06 AM

How much have you seen? all I've seen is his bad rapping and the interviews with Randle and Richardson. is that really already enough to think he has a Big mouth?</P>

Yes.</P>

As I said though, it's all about performance on the field. If he's a good player, no one will care about this type of stuff. If he's not a good player, this kind of stuff will get old real quick . . . . . </P>

What is "this kind of stuff"? I didn't realize these guys have to act like they have a stick up their butt until they perform on the field. Since when did having a personality become a bad thing?
</P>

Are you going to want to see videos of this guy rapping, or interviewing other players or making Super Bowl guarantees if he is a complete bust?</P>

Do you get it now??</P>

</P>