PDA

View Full Version : What position battle will you be keeping an eye on?

Captain Chaos
05-26-2012, 07:55 AM
I was looking at the roster this morning and was impressed at the number of battles for roster spots and starting positions there are. the 4th RB, WR, LB ...

Mine will be the line backers, just think there are so many unknowns that this could and likely will impact the starters and who makes the squad. I have to say Mr Reese, this summer will be very intersting! thanks!

Toadofsteel
05-26-2012, 10:21 AM
3rd WR. Will it be Jernigan or Randle?

Hixon I believe has more developed talent (not necessarily raw talent, but what he can take to the field week 1) and experience than either of these, but he's mostly a slot receiver. He will see duties as a PR again though, and opposite Cruz in any 4 WR sets we may do (Not to mention that should Cruz have to move outside for whatever reason, Hixon is a good choice to move into the slot).

Barden hasn't shown much of anything after multiple seasons. I predict he doesn't make the team. I would have put Devin Thomas over him had the latter re-signed. Being tall doesn't automatically make you a good WR.

slipknottin
05-26-2012, 01:06 PM
safety. The 3rd and 4th spots.

RoanokeFan
05-26-2012, 01:17 PM
Martinek and Hynoski

Pa1jintfan
05-26-2012, 02:03 PM
TT vs PRINCE

scf424
05-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Definitely, definitely linebacker.

We all know Boley will start, but I want to see who fills the other spots. Kiwi, Blackburn, Jones, Herzlich, J. Will, hell maybe Adrian Tracy can do something.

So many YOUNG possibilities.

FroZeNx31x
05-26-2012, 04:42 PM
3rd Safety & 3rd CB

JesseJames
05-26-2012, 05:20 PM
I would have answered LBer but now I think it will be WR is where the battles will be fought .

radar-ray
05-26-2012, 05:29 PM
I would have answered LBer but now I think it will be WR is where the battles will be fought . Ditto.

Captain Chaos
05-27-2012, 08:11 AM

Sash - Brown - hill - jackson, should make for a very interesting battle. I think one of those troubled young lads (jackson or Hill) will crack the roster, and with their potential I wouldn't be surprised to see both making the team.

Toadofsteel
05-27-2012, 08:13 AM

Sash - Brown - hill - jackson, should make for a very interesting battle. I think one of those troubled young lads (jackson or Hill) will crack the roster, and with their potential I wouldn't be surprised to see both making the team.

My prediction was Sash and Jackson, but I wouldn't be surprised either if we went 5-deep at safety and took Hill as well...

Vtgmenfan89
05-27-2012, 11:29 AM
The O-line as a whole. Really to me the only set in their position starters are Snee and Baas. Beatty more than likely starts at LT as well i suppose, thoughI'd like to see competition all over the line. When we had Boothe and/or Petrus I thought our line played much better especially in the run blocking category. It will be interesting to see what happens.

zimonami
05-27-2012, 03:26 PM
Every position was mentioned except TE. I'm curious to see who the coaches keep, and who they start.
There will certainly be some changes at LB, safety, and CB on the depth charts. I just hope they can build a chemistry quickly.
I think both LB Sintim and WR Barden might be casualties. They've had plenty of time to assert themselves, and haven't... time to move on. I had high hopes for both, and neither has shown a glimmer.

juice33s
05-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Jernigan vs Hixon vs Barden vs UDFA's - 4th,5th,6th WR
Rogers vs Austin vs Kuhn- 3rd, 4th DT
Robinson vs Pascoe- 2nd TE
Blackburn vs Herz vs Jones vs Rivers(?)- MLB

Diamondring
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM
Third wr because I made a prediction that our rookie wr will take it.

giantsfan420
05-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Third wr because I made a prediction that our rookie wr will take it.

They might even make him a starter if nicks has to miss any time (knock on wood he doesnt)...

Third wr seems like a lock imo with how the coaches n everyone has been praising him although it is still way early and everyone should look good in practice w/o pads...

Captain Chaos
05-28-2012, 07:34 AM
The O-line as a whole. Really to me the only set in their position starters are Snee and Baas. Beatty more than likely starts at LT as well i suppose, thoughI'd like to see competition all over the line. When we had Boothe and/or Petrus I thought our line played much better especially in the run blocking category. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I think that this will be one of the best battles, not as flashy but the tallent is there to make this interesting. Would love to see Brewer step up or one of the young drafted guys make a sollid push. Will be fun to watch!

Ahmad44rushHARD
05-29-2012, 12:52 AM
Interesting to see what LB looks like; MLB: Blackburn, Herz, Jones, Rivers whom I want to reach his potential. J.Williams has good ST measurements and his speed is a mismatch for tackles and backs on the blitz.. i want to see the scheming that fewell can plan sans-lockout..

3rd Safety is next; Tyler sash, jackson, will Hill. all get 53 man i think

gmen0820
05-29-2012, 01:04 AM
3rd Safety is next; Tyler sash, jackson, will Hill. all get 53 man i thinkI really think it will be Terrell Thomas. I think he plays precisely the same role that Rolle and Grant played last year, as the Nickel DB/3rd safety.

This kid is very physical, he can take a Jimmy Graham out of a game. It's a shame, because he possessed a very high ceiling as an outside corner, but with the knee injury, I think he needs to be protected a little more with a lower snap count. By December, I expect T2 to be dominating TE's, and he will have to, we play: Finley, F. Davis, Gonzalez, Graham, and Celek in the last 6 games. We also have Baltimore in that 6 game stretch who have a couple young TEs in Pitta, and ****son.

Drez
05-29-2012, 01:36 AM
3rd Safety is next; Tyler sash, jackson, will Hill. all get 53 man i thinkI really think it will be Terrell Thomas. I think he plays precisely the same role that Rolle and Grant played last year, as the Nickel DB/3rd safety.

This kid is very physical, he can take a Jimmy Graham out of a game. It's a shame, because he possessed a very high ceiling as an outside corner, but with the knee injury, I think he needs to be protected a little more with a lower snap count. By December, I expect T2 to be dominating TE's, and he will have to, we play: Finley, F. Davis, Gonzalez, Graham, and Celek in the last 6 games. We also have Baltimore in that 6 game stretch who have a couple young TEs in Pitta, and ****son.
I think TT would be excellent in that role.

chasjay
05-29-2012, 08:20 AM
In no particular order - RB, WR, LB

GMENAGAIN
05-29-2012, 09:43 AM
Jernigan vs Hixon vs Barden vs UDFA's - 4th,5th,6th WR
Rogers vs Austin vs Kuhn- 3rd, 4th DT
Robinson vs Pascoe- 2nd TE
Blackburn vs Herz vs Jones vs Rivers(?)- MLB
</P>

+1</P>

nygsb42champs
05-29-2012, 10:44 AM
For me it will be the LB's. It will be interesting to see if any of the young LB's step up.