PDA

View Full Version : OTA review

dave56dj
05-26-2012, 07:18 PM
Obviously the Hakeem Nicks injury dominated the news and rightly so, but I was wondering if anyone heard anything else about on the field reports. Anyone flash at all. I realize it's just OTA's and a lot of shells and shorts but usually there is a report or two.

On Hakeem - the 5th metatarsal getting a screw is a tough injury due to lack of blood flow. Took Prince 15 weeks and Beatty a while too. I hope Hakeem can overcome the injury by week one but if not at least by weeks 2 or 3. A healthy Hakeem for the majority of the year is better then rushing him early. That and Eli will have plenty of time now to work with guys like Randle - Barden - Jernigan and Hixon.

dave56dj
05-26-2012, 09:08 PM
Nobody has a thing?

gmen46
05-26-2012, 09:13 PM
Nobody has a thing?

See the thread by Roanoke entitled "Giants' Confidence in Randle Growing at OTAS"

Drez
05-26-2012, 09:20 PM
Nobody has a thing?
I mean, it was 2 days of drills in helmets with no contact. There just isn't much to tell outside of the injuries.

Plus, the media only had access on the first day.

From what I could remember, Hixon looked good; his knee seems fine. The rookies were rookies. Did some good things, some not so good things. I guess Perriloux looked pretty good, particularly on the deep balls.

dave56dj
05-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Right Drez - not much to report as usual - just wondering on a flash or two but i realize nothing was bigger then Nicks.

Drez
05-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Right Drez - not much to report as usual - just wondering on a flash or two but i realize nothing was bigger then Nicks.

http://insidefootball.com/blog/archives/4488

dave56dj
05-26-2012, 10:45 PM
Thanks Drez - you know i usually turn to pat when i need info but in my rangers OT loss haze i forgot.

Interesting to note that randle may be a part of those vying for punt return duties. I didnt realize that.

I think Hynoski has a chance to be avery good FB in this league. He now has a much better grasp of the playbook and the game speed should slow down. I expect him to be mashing LB's and catching some flat patterns - kid has soft hands and can truck a safety.

Wish Martellus hadn't had the injury but its just OTA's - need him to come through big time this year and in a contract year he should have all the motivation.

we all realize the Nicks injury's silver lining is the chance it gives to Barden, Randle, Jernigan and Hixon - can't wait to see the battle. Rememeber Hixon actually beat out cruz so one never knows going into the year.

Im also really interested to see how Herzlich does with a full year. I think Paysinger Tracy and Trattou are underrated - but we will soon see.

RT should be fun too - ultimately I think the gritty vet pulls it out but would be interesting if brewer out duels him - then we know we probably have a keeper.